Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..

Go down 
+36
lwllw
TerraChika
sweetcakes
Nisa
Suguri
Raven
utok
Septium
knyx
Hobobo
Hyoka
reiya
RoboFranky
yilx
griffen
xzpwnz
AMicrowave
technomo12
B2Seeker
TaeTae
Shance
FreedomFighter
AngelWings
Signilde
CapeMike
Bloodbane
Midona
Ibuki
Melencholy
zeando
Etherlight
Puddin'
necrio
Mimolette
(´・ω・`)
shinigami
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 pm

well it just that kikohime is annoying and most of the noobs im trainning and teaching are all eager learners

well not all but most are eager learners

and i hate doing pass rooms

it kills the reason why i teach hakku runs
Back to top Go down
Hobobo
Hobobo

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 11:34 pm

I hate haku in general now. Don't tell me i'm a noob for dying even though i KNOW it'd save time.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am

Huh, being kicked doesn't prevent you from going back in?
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:31 am

knyx wrote:
Huh, being kicked doesn't prevent you from going back in?

It doesn't prevent anyone from going back in.
Back to top Go down
lwllw
lwllw

Male Posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:00 pm

i have to say yes to what some people said here.......my friend taught me how to fight haku when i was in my what.....second day in CB......as a result i did lots of hakus and got the kaumi staff finally lolz(i was one of the few circles that can fight haku:D)

we need haku teaching rooms for noobs
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:22 pm

There's been a lot of these noobs that go fight haku with their beginner commando, crim/kun/lily and a destructor/mach knight/jaguar arm.

They always get minutes inside the ring, and I get a few seconds.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Solution=solo
Back to top Go down
mxe363
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 12:57 am

one possible problem is that right now some people who are heading rooms, or at least are the loudest in the rooms, only have partial/wrong knowledge on how to beat haku (melee or not) and no strategy aside from rush in w/ 3-ways.

what this means is that some noobs (like me) are learning faulty information or bad tactics.
Back to top Go down
Riverlia

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:21 am

Quote :
one possible problem is that right now some people who are heading rooms, or at least are the loudest in the rooms, only have partial/wrong knowledge on how to beat haku (melee or not) and no strategy aside from rush in w/ 3-ways.
Keep in mind that typing while playing is hard. So it's possible that they know more than what they are telling you.

I've lead some newb run (they aint noob if they listen and learn), and all I could teach them are the basic/easiest stuff (gun this one, melee that other one, run and rush nuke etc) Mad
Even then, sometime it's already too late (someone already rushed to die in nuke form or Final form nuke, feeding minutes from the time limit)

Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:30 am

If I happen to die on nuke haku with one of you guys, it's just me having bad WB timing Razz

All the tips that pros feed out are the basics, there's advanced tactics when you get to know your "sweet spot" that nobody else can teach you.
Back to top Go down
TerraChika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
TerraChika

Male Posts : 1000

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 am

knyx wrote:
If I happen to die on nuke haku with one of you guys, it's just me having bad WB timing Razz

All the tips that pros feed out are the basics, there's advanced tactics when you get to know your "sweet spot" that nobody else can teach you.

Same here lol, except that I have 50% chance of succeeding WB dodge.
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:21 am

knyx wrote:

i can rarely do a WB dodge on nuke haku if i have teammates, arena always warp me on the wrong times lol
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 8:47 am

nakee wrote:
knyx wrote:

i can rarely do a WB dodge on nuke haku if i have teammates, arena always warp me on the wrong times lol

if you have full wb outside the ring and you get sumoned in by the time he set his nuke you can't run away from it(when he is SE/SW/center positionated) it is possible to still wb dodge it. When you notice you get the teleport animation and nuke animation, summon and unsummon your bit and maybe you din't blew off alien
Back to top Go down
mxe363
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:51 pm

Quote :
Keep in mind that typing while playing is hard. So it's possible that they know more than what they are telling you.

I've lead some newb run (they aint noob if they listen and learn), and all I could teach them are the basic/easiest stuff (gun this one, melee that other one, run and rush nuke etc) Mad
Even then, sometime it's already too late (someone already rushed to die in nuke form or Final form nuke, feeding minutes from the time limit)

I can totally understand and respect this but some times it is more like someone spamming caps lock saying "dagger rush him" repeatedly when facing red haku or telling every one to "suicide rush nuke haku" in favor of saving time without using WB tricks which can result in ether a noob learning bad tactics or (more frequently) a fight as to what is the best tactic during the haku run

edit: mind you, you also have people like me who were taught and can be a bit defensive/stubborn when people pull this stuff but who don't know 100% that they are right, which just adds to the confusion.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:19 pm

...and my melee skills are still bad enough to where I only managed to hit ONCE with the 3-way last time I tried to use it in there.... Sad

Close range combat isn't for everyone(especially me), and I really wish they'd reduce it's need in Haku battles...take awhile to re-code it though, wouldn't it? Question
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 4:46 pm

CapeMike wrote:
...and my melee skills are still bad enough to where I only managed to hit ONCE with the 3-way last time I tried to use it in there.... Sad

Close range combat isn't for everyone(especially me), and I really wish they'd reduce it's need in Haku battles...take awhile to re-code it though, wouldn't it? Question

you mean prefer fight bos with guns?
1)ber
2)frac
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 pm

CapeMike wrote:

Close range combat isn't for everyone(especially me), and I really wish they'd reduce it's need in Haku battles
Next time you see GeneralBob and/or Hacienda in-game, ask them to run 3-star haku with you. :3
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:39 pm

griffen wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

you mean prefer fight bos with guns?
1)ber
2)frac

Oh I've done them before, and Frac's a huge pain in the skidplate.... Very Happy

The bizarre problem with me, possibly brought on by my general fear of close-range combat of any type, is that, the closer I get to a target(or vice versa), the -less- accurate I get...; give me something I can tag you across the map with and it'll be over before it starts(I really wanna try a Saggi/Saggi Maxis), but once someone gets close enough to me to melee, my life expectancy is usually measured in seconds as panic sets in. affraid

This tends to severely limit my options in games like this...; I was NOT doing well here during beta until a chance garapon roll gave me a Pulsardio Gamma...cue a long string of good finishes and best support awards, and suddenly, I'd found my niche'...which seemed to be annoying the living bajeezus out of arts and rear-line healing duty.

...but I'm going off-topic...the point is, I -want- to be helpful during Haku runs...and get one of those Haku staff/sword things...but that battle is NOT in my comfort zone...well, I'll learn yet!
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 5:44 pm

If you really can't handle melee that badly, ask if it's okay that you farm till the final form. You'll be able to stack up attack cards and items, plus shotguns and other guns do decent damage against the final form. other than that, just try to get used to the timing. Several of his forms like to randomly run about, so it can be a challenge to land a good hit with a 3 way. Another possible problem might be that your bot lacks the mobility to keep up or get into position, if you're having trouble hitting.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Etherlight wrote:
If you really can't handle melee that badly, ask if it's okay that you farm till the final form. You'll be able to stack up attack cards and items, plus shotguns and other guns do decent damage against the final form. other than that, just try to get used to the timing. Several of his forms like to randomly run about, so it can be a challenge to land a good hit with a 3 way. Another possible problem might be that your bot lacks the mobility to keep up or get into position, if you're having trouble hitting.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...my current lnd-melee bot is a Shino with Red Sq. arms/legs, 2 Viper Shields, accel saber bs and boost run...it gets around quickly enough, but leaves me wide open when I miss with a punch combo...which I tend to do a lot....

I'll have to see if farming is an option....
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:57 pm

If you can bear to level up another bot, using the build Jello posted in his video could be an option, it gives you good options to handle all forms with a purely uc build.

Accel Saber core, squealer arms, 3 way dagger, shotgun, 3 way bits. Accel has boost run, antislow/antiburn, and the daggers are better dps on most of haku's forms than just the squealer arms, including final form. Used properly, the 3 ways also leave you less wide open than squealer arms, dealing your damage in one quick burst. Shotgun gives you a better option for drain/fire forms than trying to punch/fail dagger those forms to death.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:57 pm

CapeMike wrote:

If you don't melee, chances are you don't need his loot (Kamui staff), you have two other bosses to spam shotguns/blasters on, leave Haku as is Razz
Back to top Go down
mogimus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
mogimus

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm

knyx wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

If you don't melee, chances are you don't need his loot (Kamui staff), you have two other bosses to spam shotguns/blasters on, leave Haku as is Razz

but haku is the only boss that drops homura staffs. That is enough reason for me to do haku even though I can't even hit a stationary distructor with a kamui staff.
Back to top Go down
sweetcakes

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:04 am

Jello's guide worked like a charm. *Waits for a guide on soloing Frac and Berz without RT stuff."
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:22 am

berze.. jus bring shotguns and a burst bit... lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4