Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..

Go down 
+36
lwllw
TerraChika
sweetcakes
Nisa
Suguri
Raven
utok
Septium
knyx
Hobobo
Hyoka
reiya
RoboFranky
yilx
griffen
xzpwnz
AMicrowave
technomo12
B2Seeker
TaeTae
Shance
FreedomFighter
AngelWings
Signilde
CapeMike
Bloodbane
Midona
Ibuki
Melencholy
zeando
Etherlight
Puddin'
necrio
Mimolette
(´・ω・`)
shinigami
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AngelWings
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AngelWings

Male Posts : 102

Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:58 pm

The Noobs need to be polite and ask what to do if they don't know what happened. As for me, I immediately knew that I needed three way daggers and a shotgun for my Jikuns.

When I got hit with the nuke, I was surprised, but later found out that it was how the attacks worked.

Honestly, humble yourself and ASK! I'm sure the players won't bitch at you for being too noob, and the rest comes from experience.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:01 pm

3 way dags are quite easy to use, using the WB trick.

Most of my WB tricks are success (except for nuke).So I can just stand in front of Haku (most of them) and spam
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 am

I like advising people to get 3 ways to start out because it's a good training tool. They can't just keep flailing away so they have more time to think about moving out of the way of things like the lancer haku charge or fire haku's blast. You'll notice a lot of the melee bots will just keep flailing away at him--then he stabs them and takes off an arm, or kills them. The type of bot really doesn't matter as long as they can move quick enough and avoid things like traps, fire, nuke, etc while still carrying the appropriate weapons.

Since you lose about 20 seconds for each death, and there usually is no way that one or two extra hits will ever make up for the time penalty, it's better to train them to get out of the way.

Teaching them to get out of the way is the most important part, I think. That, and maybe using the WB activate/cancel immunities to their advantage. The pattern is easily picked up if they're paying attention to what the experienced people are doing and saying. With most groups I'm always seeing a ton of time being lost to lancer and fire, as well as people constantly dieing to the final form's sword swipes.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:05 am

i'm stop doing with random people.
friends and clan only
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 am

FreedomFighter wrote:
i'm stop doing with random people.
friends and clan only

My friend list only have 1 person,poor me XD
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 am

Guys, they just want the cool stuff, like the Kamui staff or the Stardust Cannon. They could care less about their questmates as long as they get their stuff. Once you see them, retire from the quest, and start again. That easy.

Also yes I can solo 3* haku now too. Special thanks to [Kurenai] for doing duet quests with me, I know exactly what to do, Haku forms, tactics and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 am

Basicly solo 3* is faster than running with 2 or more if they are noob.

I even offered some time to carry some noobs 3* haku on one condition. That they dont enter the ark til i got to final haku. Guess what happened, 3 out of the 4 noobs entered the ark.

I mean seriously, they don't want to finish haku like 2x faster than they would normally (if they could even finish 3)? So much for offering to help.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 am

I feel for you Tae. Some people just don't know that Haku's arena can only accommodate 3 people at the maximum, and AT RANDOM. So if it happens that someone who's a noob gets randomly warped in during Haku's Trap Form, then your team's fucked, time-wise.

Some people don't listen to orders of those who know thinking they can be of any help, when they aren't of any.

Also, just to note, 3-way daggers don't work on Haku's Shield Form since they are considered projectiles and not melee attacks, so bringing Jikuns or any bot that can melee and equip 3-way daggers can help (battle pointers ftw).
Back to top Go down
B2Seeker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
B2Seeker

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:38 am

Shance wrote:
I feel for you Tae. Some people just don't know that Haku's arena can only accommodate 3 people at the maximum, and AT RANDOM. So if it happens that someone who's a noob gets randomly warped in during Haku's Trap Form, then your team's fucked, time-wise.

Some people don't listen to orders of those who know thinking they can be of any help, when they aren't of any.

Also, just to note, 3-way daggers don't work on Haku's Shield Form since they are considered projectiles and not melee attacks, so bringing Jikuns or any bot that can melee and equip 3-way daggers can help (battle pointers ftw).
This or something like an arm that doubles with melee. Not the best or strongest, but when you have another option when you can't do anything while the barrier is up(like when you have a 3way dagger), every second/damage counts.
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 pm

in in my clan and my buddies

what we always do is carry 2 air bots 1 with any kind of long sword aother 3 way dagger and a jikun or any fast land with 3 way dagger

once insice any of party must get 5 treasure (we do it all the time) and 2 is left on feild 12/13 to farm the heck out of it with boosters while the other 3 mob hakku

once its past the 15 min mark we all enter and with atleast 1 or 2 star boosted stats
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:29 pm

I just did a full round chock-full of Haku runs, and guess what. Filtering people and planning beforehand actually works. Here's how you do it:

1. Make a room, let them come in.
2. Do a shoutout telling them that if they don't want to follow orders, they're free to leave. Those who are idle, obviously trolling, ignoring you, or are just hardheaded, flat-out noobs who won't goddamn listen, kick them. Don't just filter them by rank though. Some low-ranked peeps still know their Haku stuff if they're players who created another account or played at another server.
4. Those who remain are to be assumed to know what they are doing and are willing to follow orders. Ask them to fix their lineup and equipment.
5. Decide on a fight team composed of members that will enter the arena once the 5 treasures are obtained. Make sure they're the best of the best, knowledge, battle tactics and equipment-wise, numbers won't matter. Those that are not confident of their skills should wait at the outpost until all of the forms before Haku's final form are defeated.
6. Upon reaching final form, let all members in and kick fox butt.

90% of my Haku runs today were successful, and I got all the staffs I wanted, much thanks to nice, well-prepared, and skilled team members. I can't call out all of the names, but you guys know who you are. Thanks a lot.

Back to top Go down
AMicrowave
AMicrowave

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 pm

Plasma blades do work on shield haku though i've never used the actual plasma blade itself Crimrose arm 4 is a plasma blade and i've had runs where my crim only died once because final haku did it's ninja nuke
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:45 pm

I herd u liek necro
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 pm

shinigami wrote:
Firstly they use ARTs all the time.

Second,they don use 3 ways.

Thirdly,they get killed by nukes outside barrier.

Four, they're above iron hero,and the room title says no noobs.

Damn I lost 4 hakus of 2* - 3* becuz they keep dying= =Wish they can read guides/try solo b4 doing this= =

Lulz the best way to solve this is learn to solo it. Now i only solo or play with people i know they can fight it or atleast listen and don't enter when i wanna solo it. Personnaly i find it easier to solo it then to relie on sombody else on haku.

also if you solo try use red squarel as third bot + dual 8 vulcan they help alot against green/red haku and can be used also against shadow/trap haku with his arms.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 6:05 pm

I still feel like a 3rd wheel in Haku rooms, mainly due to my previously-mentioned lack of melee skills(I personally find 3-ways useless, as I still can't hit a thing with 'em) or short-range weaponry; guess I should thank my lucky stars I haven't been kicked from one yet...still, I'd like to at least FEEL useful there! Question

...'course, one'a those Haku staff/sword things WOULD look nice in my inventory, so that keeps me coming back.... tongue
Back to top Go down
yilx
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
yilx

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:00 pm

So what's the difference between a combi and 3-way? Is it possible to solo haku 3* with 3-ways...?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:09 pm

yilx wrote:
So what's the difference between a combi and 3-way? Is it possible to solo haku 3* with 3-ways...?
Haku 3* can be easily soloed with 2 of either
Combination dagger also throws 2 daggers behind
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Before starting, inspect the party

NO 3WAY = KICK
NO MELEE = KICK
ARTs (2 in commando) = MUST KICK

But still there are some exceptions, I found a guy with 3 (uing Asura) Slash Blades and it works better than 3 way if u ask me.

There are some pros out there and I know some of them:

L1NK3R
KHAIRROL
Valhalla

PS. I think I got the spelling wrong but still similar
NEVAR KICK THEM!!
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:20 pm

i can vouch for valhala.

shaden with 3 slash blades. how can it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 pm

reiya wrote:
i can vouch for valhala.

shaden with 3 slash blades. how can it wrong.

Holy crap

That's a lot of Capa.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:23 pm

indeed. dunno wad he added for carts. lol 3 slash blades he took down the shield haku like it was nth lol.
Back to top Go down
Hobobo
Hobobo

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 10:50 pm

Oh.
Don't forgot to force people with dual combis to carry you Smile
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Protip: Read Jello's guide.

Not sure what Link uses in quests, but I find his usual commando (triple team domiclowns) is excellent for offscreen support. Those things hit so far through the barrier that if you can lure Haku close, you can rack up massive damage.
Back to top Go down
Hobobo
Hobobo

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 am

I just put domiclown AM's on other bots
Back to top Go down
Septium
Septium

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:21 am

Well, if you had the chance to get, 2 oukas is all you need to rip apart Haku in its every single form...
Works like a charm...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..   Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Increasing number of noobs in Haku questing..
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next