Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jikun Melee Guide?

Go down 
+13
utok
Kecepirit
MissileGo
Hyoka
Zhaligkeer
Claxus
Tigge
FullThrottle
Ropalx
chalkzone908
Kitouski
Nvr_GvUP
haures
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:20 am

Just would like to ask bout jikun's (whether long or hu), for a melee type jikun is it best to equip it with metal slayer and a shield? and what could be the best combo to do because I'm doing Fly-Charge-Slice (no kicks) that kills even the air type robots but other jikuns do much better. so I think it is in their mod equips? or something? another is the cartridge, one told me that his cartridge is dash boost and pure hp/cost but mine are beam and projectile guard and the rest is hp/cost. so what do you think is the best?

anyway I just would like to ask this equips, cartridge, and mods for jikuns..
Back to top Go down
Nvr_GvUP
Nvr_GvUP

Male Posts : 44

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:26 am

There are old guides about jikun's in this forum... have a look around :/
Hope it helps you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:51 am

Please for the love of god don't use a sword. They have feet for a reason and your upping your BP just for those attacks to exist, and their lion kick is serious teleporting rape. Since I found the search button and you didn't;

https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t1487-jikun-hu-guide?highlight=jikun

This seems to cover it enough, if you have any other questions, my noobish face can attempt to help, but I wouldn't call my short experience with the game quite reliable...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Male Posts : 54

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 11:21 am

But it doesn't clearly state what cartridges to take...

Seriously I'm kinda feeling a little frustrated about my Boost Run Cart on my Jikun. It helps alot on running away from a bunch of chasers... But it does help alot on chasing down enemies. I mean, duh the lion thing is enough to blink right on the enemy.

Plus when I'm chasing ARTs and AIRs that are floating, Boost Run consumes the boost that was supposed to be use for flying(my combo is fly+ lion attack, then if they fall +kick). Boost Run is Fail for Kick Type jikuns.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:32 pm

One thing I can tell you now is not to make the mistake I did and think that "Core Enhance" ups the power of the Lion Kick, because it only ups the number of times you can use it. Completely disassembled my Jikun Long at level 7 just because of that one silly mistake, lol...

A lot of it is purely preference really. Some people seem to really like the Boost Run for a melee heavy make while others really don't care for it much because of how it robs boost and how I'm too stingy to up my recovery speed on boost. (Lol) Though, you run like a madman with it, that's a fact, which is something some people are willing to exchange. You really can't do all too wrong as long as you get enough capability carts, some people will probably tell you to go for resistances from there while others will tell you to go for the more stealthy carts, I don't think there is a cookie-cutter way to make one... now of course this is all speculation again, I'm not quite out of the noob boat yet either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Ropalx

Male Posts : 96

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 12:51 pm

Dual shields, put your torrenting software on downloading some music, trollz away~

No but seriously, making a jikun that effectively kills airs through melee is... hard, and the build alone probably wont help if you can't use it correctly. And as for the cartridges, as long as you don't go for the enhanced core weapons, completely depends on your preferences, as Kitou said.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:01 pm

what is everyone's obsession with people putting a fucking sword on a jikun. The fucking bot already has legs for melee kicks. :/

Double shield that shit and you'll rape like a mofo.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:28 pm

chalkzone908 wrote:

But it doesn't clearly state what cartridges to take...

Seriously I'm kinda feeling a little frustrated about my Boost Run Cart on my Jikun. It helps alot on running away from a bunch of chasers... But it does help alot on chasing down enemies. I mean, duh the lion thing is enough to blink right on the enemy.

Plus when I'm chasing ARTs and AIRs that are floating, Boost Run consumes the boost that was supposed to be use for flying(my combo is fly+ lion attack, then if they fall +kick). Boost Run is Fail for Kick Type jikuns.
so, is it fine for my jikun to have the blast and shell guard as long as I dont have the boost dash or I should junk it?
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:54 pm

haures wrote:
so, is it fine for my jikun to have the blast and shell guard as long as I dont have the boost dash or I should junk it?

Don't listen to him, he doesn't know what he's saying.

You want boost run and sway and tune your Jikun to have 25 walk. Not sure if 30 is possible due to the limited slot space on the bot even when bought with Rt, it's still somewhat limited.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:09 am

Seriously... If you gonna use kicks for jikuns, I find Boost Run more of a luxury than necessity. Why? Because jikun skills(W-rush/rush kick) already have alot of mobility. Boost Run is good with swords though(currently using it with Kamui Staff)

@haures

I dont know about shell guard.. isnt 10% too low for you?
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:17 am

so what do you think is better.. jikun hu or jikun long? in terms of kicks and dash
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:03 pm

chalkzone908 wrote:
Seriously... If you gonna use kicks for jikuns, I find Boost Run more of a luxury than necessity. Why? Because jikun skills(W-rush/rush kick) already have alot of mobility. Boost Run is good with swords though(currently using it with Kamui Staff)

Chalk, you really need to shut the fuck up; You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Let me put it into perspective, good sir:

A Jikun with boost run is more likely to live as opposed to one without. Boost run also allows for easier harassing of enemy units. Jikuns need no blades, this is so obvious that anyone who runs even a decent Jikun should know.

@ Haures: Use long, you can juggle off her launcher.
Back to top Go down
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:37 pm

Actually since i use LND units constantly ill tell you that it really depends on what problems you have.

The biggest problem i have is the fact that i always seem to be near an air unit. How did i rectify this problem? Kamui staff, it has absurd range and if you target air you fly right to them a good percentage of the time and do stun so you usually hit unless they know how to dodge ( mainly experienced players).

Also with cartridges it all depends, i tend to get the 50% less explosive because its what i usually get hit with in melee battles. Boost run in my opinion is not necessary because LND units should have high WLK unless they happen to be M or L sized units in which case it's more probable to go for STR because that stat tends to be a bit higher and you are larger making you an easier target so better to finish it off quickly, unless you wanna do a fun "hey look at me as my big self runs around you with 35 WLK Very Happy" build. So for small sized units like Jikun boost run is a no-no whereas with larger units who rely more on STR boost run is more acceptable to me because they already move a decent speed and your FLY is crap anyways (Like you actually can fly anyways Razz).

I also do just Cost increase cartridges because they give a health boost and LND units need that boost ( in my opinion) more than most units with some exceptions.

For Jikun's i think you should focus on

• A. Finding a Good weapon that suits you, E.G. Kamui staff or Halberd with Jikun kicks

• B. What you find most problematic as what usually hits you to reduce damage like how i use blast guard
    Tough runner if you have problems with being stunned (optional, only use this if stunning is your main source of death when trying to escape)
    Internal Upgrade (A must for any Jikun user)
    Cost Up ( Because it gives a heath Boost)
    Then if you don't like those just choose what floats your Boat Very Happy it's a game meant to be played for fun so trial and error is a must for finding what fits you

• C. Finding the best wonderbit
    This depends more on whether your a Suicide rusher, Hit and Run, or just going for that lone bot standing out there.

For Suicide rusher i find what ever does the most damage while keeping you defended somewhat is good so a dual spike Bit would probably be best because of the help it provides when other LND units gang up on you and they keep getting hurt trying to attack you.

For the picking or Hit and Run i'd say go for the Fancy Dual Slayer or Even the Single Slayer (Mainly a dual bit that melee's Razz) because they do good damage and they target the opponent.

Also before the Flames from hell burn from your harsh words please note this comes from my experience and it may not necessarily pertain to you.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:26 pm

@Fullthrottle

So you're surprised you are called a faggot huh? It shows why. Really don't care if you're popular in-game whatsoever.

Like I said, it's more of a luxury than a neccesity. When your using kicks, you are like flying crazy across the area, so what's the boost run for? For escaping I guess. But for harrassing, the lion kick is enough to blink right next to your target. Plus, boost run isn't useful at all on those maps w/ alot of stairway-like obstacles.

Plus, my kamui staff jikun isn't a full jikun. It doesnt have a jikun LG, for an extra capacity. Then why did I picked a jikun core? For the core skill of course. I can't find a replacement for the awesomeness of W-Rush

And stop telling people to shut up. You should shut up. I'm just giving suggestion to haures based on my experience. I never said your build was wrong etc.

Maybe I'm just a "new" player, but I think I have quite a handful experience with jikuns since I'm using one all the time.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:20 pm

have you been here since OB1? Have you done research on how meta-game works? I'm wondering really, if you were even half a decent player on this game, why you'd be running a fucking sword at all.

Quote :
And stop telling people to shut up. You should shut up. I'm just giving suggestion to haures based on my experience. I never said your build was wrong etc.

I never even exposed my build in this discussion once. Wtf are you talking about? Btw, if your experience tells you that you need to throw a blade on a Jikun, then I can for sure tell you that you are a worse player than me.

Quote :
Maybe I'm just a "new" player, but I think I have quite a handful experience with jikuns since I'm using one all the time.

How new, how long have you been with this game? Do you do anti air support for your lands? Do you play smarter than the average player? If not why are you arguing Jikun theory with me? I was the best Ouka player back in OB2; a very few Oukas every truly beat me and I admitted defeat to those more skilled than myself.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:54 pm

You know what? Your ego is just so up to the extreme. Forget it. I don't want to argue with you anymore. Then why don't you just write a jikun guide yourself? You think you are the best anyway, so why not, right? Geeezzz stop telling people they're wrong if you alone won't give a constructive help to those who were needing it. Who the hell cares if you won best Ouka? Guess what, no one is this thread does. So keep your ego to yourself. We "noobs" are trying to help each other here. So if you are here just to flaunt how PRO you are , PLEASE, just do it somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
Claxus
Claxus

Male Posts : 27

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 5:59 pm

... Not to be insulting or anything but I just found this line funny.

I was the best Ouka player back in OB2; a very few Oukas every truly beat me and I admitted defeat to those more skilled than myself.

But FullThrottle, okay maybe Chalk was wrong, why did you have to quickly badmouth him? He was just giving advice on what's worked for him, maybe not the best, okay, but god forbid anyone not be as knowledgeable as you, huh? You were very offensive for no reason...
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:22 am

Claxus wrote:
But FullThrottle, okay maybe Chalk was wrong, why did you have to quickly badmouth him? He was just giving advice on what's worked for him, maybe not the best, okay, but god forbid anyone not be as knowledgeable as you, huh? You were very offensive for no reason...

Okay, it's obv I'm not the smartest guy on CB, may not even be the second smartest guy in CB. Look at Desu, the guy's bluntly truthful, whether or not you like it. But he is smarter than you think and he know more than me about the game. As for his advice, I will not allow new players on this board to be falsely informed by players who think they know what they're doing only to bring down their team, ESPECIALLY if they're in DOS. If you want criticism/advice on something, expect some negativity. If you can't acknowledge that negative criticism EXISTS in this universe you need to get the fuck out of whatever rock you're living under.

chalkzone908 wrote:
You know what? Your ego is just so up to the extreme. Forget it. I don't want to argue with you anymore. Then why don't you just write a jikun guide yourself? You think you are the best anyway, so why not, right? Geeezzz stop telling people they're wrong if you alone won't give a constructive help to those who were needing it. Who the hell cares if you won best Ouka? Guess what, no one is this thread does. So keep your ego to yourself. We "noobs" are trying to help each other here. So if you are here just to flaunt how PRO you are , PLEASE, just do it somewhere else.

you know the irony of this is that *scratches head* I just PMed someone not long ago regarding basic play ideas to them, and they seemed to accept this on a much greater level than you do. Of course, I wouldn't be so dumb as to tell that player to throw a fucking stick on an izuna when you clearly want an izuna to do what's best for the air type and that's to run beams and blasters and support your fellow Artilleries by removing pesky jikuns from their way. If I were to give advice, I would rule out something as obvious as this. Do some studying before you make me out to be holier than thou. study
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 am

Was it really because you want to "protect" the forums from false info, or to pick on new guys?

Tigge gave almost the same advice as I did. Did you said anything about what he wrote? Pretty obvious you are picking on me since I am an easier target for you.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:31 pm

chalkzone908 wrote:
Was it really because you want to "protect" the forums from false info, or to pick on new guys?

Tigge gave almost the same advice as I did. Did you said anything about what he wrote? Pretty obvious you are picking on me since I am an easier target for you.

I read Tigge's post. It was legitimate, it was informative, but most of all, it had little to no false information. This isn't an issue of picking on the weak. This is an issue of falsely telling players how to as most people put it "doing it wrong". Now, I'm sick of fighting trash on this game, and the only way to improve performance is to teach others how to do it RIGHT. Think what you want, I have the player's interests at heart more than you know.
Back to top Go down
Zhaligkeer
Newcomer
Newcomer

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Swords   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 am

Tell me, if you can, what is so wrong with putting a sword on a Jikun? so it takes a little bit extra cost, and your point is? Frankly there will always be someone out there stronger, or more efficient, than you are, so play how you like! I love swords, so I use a sword. end of story. I do just fine in arenas not bad not amazing. PLAY HOW YOU LIKE PEOPLE! and don't mock somebody for enjoying using a sword! it's just plain rude! if you are desperately trying to accomplish a certain goal, sure, use the best gear and leave the rest of us to play how we want and go for whatever you like best.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:45 am

Welcome to Noobville, population 75% of Cosmic Break pubs. I score easy top 10 without a blade thank you very much. It seems the noobs are not as bright as I had forseen. You wanna know what I ran when I first started CB in OB1? A lily. I had no idea how to run an art at the time and to this day I still dont know how to properly use her. I learned how to run a land bot because I wanted to be those people in the top 10 spots. Because I refused to be only decent. Every time I play this game, if I make a noobish mistake, I criticize myself for it. Because in my current skill level, that is unacceptable. If this is a matter of fun, then put whatever on whatever you choose. But if you want to be better than anyone in your own rank, you have to stop playing like everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 am

I love to put on a glass burner, a shield, then kick mania with his legs + W-tackle to the enemy to burn him.

awesome for the trolololol, not so awesome for scoring top tier.
Back to top Go down
chalkzone908
Jikun Long
Jikun Long

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 am

FullThrottle wrote:
chalkzone908 wrote:

I read Tigge's post. It was legitimate, it was informative, but most of all, it had little to no false information. This isn't an issue of picking on the weak. This is an issue of falsely telling players how to as most people put it "doing it wrong". Now, I'm sick of fighting trash on this game, and the only way to improve performance is to teach others how to do it RIGHT. Think what you want, I have the player's interests at heart more than you know.

lolwut? We said the same thing. Are you sure you even read his post?

1. Jikuns don't need boost run
2. Kamui Staff on Jikun

You aren't fooling anyone but yourself. Admit it, you don't have the guts to criticize him, coz you can pull off that "I'm a beta player you're not" excuse.

Let me tell you something. This game is a shooting game with RPG elements on it, NOT the other way. It's like debating what's a better rifle in CS, Carbine or AK47, well in fact it's only a matter of preference.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 1:18 am

then it's my mistake, I skimmed over his post and only read a few words of any importance. But hey be my guest, play like a noob, like everyone else. We'll see who outputs more overall damage in the end. If you're so hellbent on thinking a sword will win over a non-sworded jikun make a room and I'll prove my point on the battlefield.

And it's not a matter of preference at all. It's a matter of performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jikun Melee Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jikun Melee Guide?   Jikun Melee Guide? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jikun Melee Guide?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next