Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jikun Hu Guide??

Go down 
+13
Suguri
farith
btrex2100
Sutara
mid14
VietPho
FrozenEdge
Feign
necrio
Tigge
Ichijo
Evilsmilez
Daiki
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daiki
Newcomer
Newcomer
Daiki

Male Posts : 10

jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? Empty
PostSubject: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:07 am

Well, I'm using Jiku Hu, and long story short, I suck. I need a good guide on how to use him. I have all the starter parts. When I mean I suck, I mean that I always are 20th place or lower. My score is in the minus' and yeah..... So all help appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:52 am

It depends on your style of play.

The Jikun Siblings' strength lies in their speed, and that lion move thingie. Most Jikun player's spam the lion move to teleport, or use the kick combo as a means to move even faster.

A few builds that I;ve seen work for people are

Two shielded Jikuns
Duel Wielded Bazookas
Machine Guns

My Jikun (the male build) is two ace braver arms. I have yet to try him in union wars, but for farming, and soloing Haku, he is unrivaled by any weapon. I usually set the attack to ace braver punch, which gives me a 3 hit, but accurate combo..while the kick gives about 7-10 hit combo, but is extremely inaccurate.

Also, the female Jikun has the better kicks, in terms of accuracy. Her kicks aren't as wild as her brother;s.
Back to top Go down
Daiki
Newcomer
Newcomer
Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Hmm..Thanks. But what is the use of two shields? This may sound really nooby but if you have 2 Shields you can't attack? Right?
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Jikun's kicks are his main weapon.
Back to top Go down
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:52 pm

you can attack, jikuns core allows you to kick and do the lion attack aforementioned. However in arena matches its a whole new ball game.

First off Melee units are not suited to 30v 30, im not saying you cant get high scores in it but it is considerably harder due to the fact of the ART just mowing down anyone stupid enough to get in their line of fire.

Secondly all play styles are different you'll have to experiment with a few however i will say placing two Viper Shields on a Jikun is an absurd idea but this stems from my experience and if it gets you the swordsman category then by all means do it.

Dual wielding or not?

That question depends on how you play i personally dual wield two melee weapons because i can get away with it but you might want to use a bazooka, shield and just kick a lot, as ive said it just depends on how you play.

Preferably get something that has long range as a melee weapon and attacks in a way suitable. I use a halberd on my main because it has a large amount attack range and its most of whats in front of me and then i finish it off with my kicks and other sword.
Back to top Go down
Daiki
Newcomer
Newcomer
Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Hmm..Thanks Guys. Just bought a mini bazooka and a 3 way dagger.

EDIT: The 3 Way Dagger added to muc cost ¬3¬. I found a cutter lying around so I equipped that instead...

EDIT 2: So was the damn Mini Bazooka ¬3¬ So I equipped a Handgun I had lying around....
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:26 pm

for Jikun-Hu I use a ranged set, since he has salvageable TEC. In the OBTs I give him assault rifles / raid rifles and a shield, together with TEC tunes allowing me to do decent damage from a distance while having the speed of a LND allowing me to evade their guns. The assault / raid rifles had great accuracy (being a rifle) and has no problem when being shot while running (only having minor recoil to the left and right, which sometimes hits running enemies), while firing in a 3/4 burst allows them to stun sometimes. the lion thingy is reserved for escaping or if my STR is still good (20+) after all the tune ups, to fend off melee attackers. Else, the lion thingy is a great method to escape melee rushers. The only problem with this set is ammo.

for Jikun-Long, I use viper shield + slayer, with prop BSJ and go SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...
in which I don't really do well. Can't switch her to ranged due to her abysmal TEC stat. But she runs really fast that way even without tunes.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

Daiki wrote:
Hmm..Thanks Guys. Just bought a mini bazooka and a 3 way dagger.

EDIT: The 3 Way Dagger added to muc cost ¬3¬. I found a cutter lying around so I equipped that instead...

EDIT 2: So was the damn Mini Bazooka ¬3¬ So I equipped a Handgun I had lying around....
Switch the arms and booster with those of a Froglander, it should save you somewhere between 60 and 80 points right there for a minor downgrade in overall stats....
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:39 am

any cartridge tips for this?
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

Male Posts : 2202

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:51 am

It says i can't buy the prop bjs because im not titanium rank? what does that mean? what are other ways to get these items?
Back to top Go down
http://vietpho.net
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:35 am

Hmm trying to decide what to upgrade for the level 6.

Should i get boost run?
Back to top Go down
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:12 am

DO NOT EVER GET BOOST RUN!!!!!!!

Ahem at least until you know how it works and then you can decide for yourself.

Boost run is good short term really bad long term, mainly because as soon as you run out of boost you start walking which is not optimal for LND bots, although you go substantially faster you always run out of boost quickly and seeing as LND bots are known for having short boost periods.

Also even with boost run as soon as you start walking the enemy will catch back up and you will most certainly die.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:47 am

lol. too late. I just got that Run Boost level 6 upgrade.

It's pretty fun haha. It lasts pretty long in my opinion.

What I've been doing is I get to enemy territory as fast as I can and run in circles to confuse them and hope that my allies shoot them all (this has not worked yet).

I run with the booster on in circles and use my big Metal Slayer when I get the chance and run back to base.

Meh. I also tried to equip a small bazooka so i can shoot while running, but it doesn't do as much damage as the slayer.

That Metal Slayer is too powerful and needs a nerf
Back to top Go down
Daiki
Newcomer
Newcomer
Daiki

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:48 am

Hmm..I used the Cost up cartridge thingeh. I was able to equip the BAZOOKA! Woot. I actualy killed someone! -Does the happy dance- Hmm...I was able to put the War HAmmer on my Destructor CN, but not the 2 way Missle Q_Q. Even with the Cost Cartridge... Damn it...
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 9:36 am

VietPho wrote:

Yeah, tigge was, as we say in the bullshitting business, bullshitting. From the sound of it, he's never actually used Boost Run himself, as he's assuming the boost usage rate stays the same for Boost Run as it does for Jumping... Which is wrong.
VietPho wrote:
Meh. I also tried to equip a small bazooka so i can shoot while running, but it doesn't do as much damage as the slayer.

You see how many points it costs? The Slayer is fine the way it is.

Also, consider, using a melee weapon on a Land bot gives you a major damage boost (but only to the melee weapon). If you were somehow able to equip a Slayer on an Artillery bod, you'd find the bazooka might do almost the same, or possibly more damage.
Back to top Go down
Tigge
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tigge

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:09 pm

Feign wrote:
VietPho wrote:

Yeah, tigge was, as we say in the bullshitting business, bullshitting. From the sound of it, he's never actually used Boost Run himself, as he's assuming the boost usage rate stays the same for Boost Run as it does for Jumping... Which is wrong.
VietPho wrote:

You see how many points it costs? The Slayer is fine the way it is.

Also, consider, using a melee weapon on a Land bot gives you a major damage boost (but only to the melee weapon). If you were somehow able to equip a Slayer on an Artillery bod, you'd find the bazooka might do almost the same, or possibly more damage.

Lies ive used boost run before and in my opinion it sucks but that's within my experience i merely noted to him that you need to understand how it works before you use it so you won't be a disappointed person. I only said don't get boost run because every single time i used it i would run out at the most inopportune times with it and that's why i have so little faith with it.

Also if i'm wrong about the boost usage than i'm sorry because i used boost run during the first beta and my memory is crap so some details i remember may be sketchy, i do however remember clearly i was unhappy with it.

And a final note, how does me screwing up one detail me qualify to me to bullshit someone? i just don't want him to suffer like i did.
Back to top Go down
VietPho
Always Drunk
VietPho

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 am

True. I am now regretting boost run. However, maybe this feature will come in handy for those quests? Lol. I always have trouble finding those damn blue and red teleports
Note I am still super newb on those quests
Back to top Go down
mid14
Newcomer
Newcomer
mid14

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 pm

Jikun-Hu can teleport o.O wen was tat ? i wanna know how to teleport D:
2 Shields are pretty effective with jikun but agasint air , lol... u know xD
so i would atleast add some type of shooting weapon just incase those little rascals run away >Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sutara
Sutara

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Boost Run's not bad if you learn how to time the gauge. Much like Air units don't just let their gauges run out in the middle of the enemy PS, you should watch and think, "should I stop for a second to get a full gauge?"
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:36 am

Sutara wrote:
Boost Run's not bad if you learn how to time the gauge. Much like Air units don't just let their gauges run out in the middle of the enemy PS, you should watch and think, "should I stop for a second to get a full gauge?"
get the 30% time reduction for boost recharge
it helps
Back to top Go down
btrex2100
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
btrex2100

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:22 pm

I've been playing with my Ouka, Misty Hollow Sin and Jikun (Female)

As far as I could recall, I've been on many places w/ Masterswordsman position, especially my beloved Jikun.
Watch out for those windberryls and bugsycaits, they're pest for you.

I got mine at cost cartridge, internal upgrade and 2 shields. Darn I screwed my cartridges but when I knew, it was too late I am at level 6 now ATM but here's the catch, you should get blast guard and sword guards. I was thinking of getting a boost run too. And here's what's also good, you need to have the stealth system cartridge so you won't be detected on the radar, I've seen an Ouka on an area I think it's blizzard noel, I've been looking out for targets on radar and it was empty. Damn sneaky Ouka together with Windberryl the one that shoots it's vines forward got me trapped and spammed me to death.

Anyways, I always spam my kicks. As for the low flying airs I jump and use my kicks on them and hopefully I hit them over and over again. (The one that has a dragon or a lion on it if you kick and has ammo)

@mid14: you don't basically teleport, it's because of the lag, when you use the kick the one with the ammo on it you rush forward and when you do it again and again, people sees it that you're there on one place but you're actually not at it and then you do it over and over again they basically says "teleport" and thus they renamed it as lag-kuns.
Back to top Go down
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Quote :
Anyways, I always spam my kicks. As for the low flying airs I jump and use my kicks on them and hopefully I hit them over and over again. (The one that has a dragon or a lion on it if you kick and has ammo)

ummm if you kick with jikun in mid air, you do a group stomp, you can't kick in the air.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:02 pm

farith wrote:
Quote :

ummm if you kick with jikun in mid air, you do a group stomp, you can't kick in the air.
He's talking about W-Tackle.
Back to top Go down
Melvy
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:39 pm

give him scythe and spam tackle already enough to bully OP lnd and art bot
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 8:11 pm

Why would someone necro a thread as 1st post just to give useless info...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jikun Hu Guide??   jikun - Jikun Hu Guide?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Jikun Hu Guide??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next