Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the appeal of AXIS robots?

Go down 
+12
Samui
Sakura1
LazFlamme
StiJoLew
xTohka
RaverX
Astral_Dono
Tuskin
WhiteTofuMagic
Shidokun
Maelstrom
Fleur
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

Female Posts : 822

What's the appeal of AXIS robots? Empty
PostSubject: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 12:32 pm

• Aeolius
  • Berylskid
  • Ragna Barret
  • Agnizyne
  • Ilgryps
  • Trinitia
  • Raclaboros
I can see why Trinitia and Raclaboros are desired, both have nice abilities but what about the rest?

What makes these seemingly generic robots of the AXIS series so great?
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 1:08 pm

I know enough to understand what they are worth, but I am not the right one to
talk about AXIS so, I will let this to another person...
Back to top Go down
Shidokun
Denied Abbey
Denied Abbey

Male Posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 1:19 pm

They look cool
Back to top Go down
WhiteTofuMagic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 304

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 1:50 pm

axis series are divided into 2 groups. Their primary concept is to explore new game mechanic.
First group as regna, berly, tierouge, raclaboros, sleidge and Triz. i think ragna is one of the first bots to have charge delay. Beryl was one an attempt at a new generation of gunnery lnd. sledge is...well, melee on an art. dinkleberg introduced huge cannon to the game. its alternate version was one of the first shell based melee. racalaboros introduced support rejection and established where anti melee support weapon would go for the next 2 years. Triz is just...swag, maybe thats all he is, an experiment on swaggification of L size bots.

second group are the elemental group axis. trin is one of the best healing bots. Agny was re-purposed into first ever art with black Olympian agility after core tunes. Aeolius can do something no other air bot can , effectively have 2 different fighting style that does not conflict with each other. coming out of the box, aeolius does everything you want an air bot to do. we are missing the lnd elemental axis.

One of axis's spin off is the dank rev, which is a wonky experiment on bit mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Just a bunch of robots with a lot of parts to tune.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 8:47 pm

someone01 wrote:
are you serious right now

WhiteTofuMagic wrote:
i think ragna is one of the first bots to have charge delay
Nemlim.

WhiteTofuMagic wrote:
racalaboros introduced support rejection
Kagura.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Diabolical wrote:
someone01 wrote:
are you serious right now.

Considering half the answers aren't consistent i don't know why is it a surprising statement to make.

So yes, im serious when calling them "seemingly generic" and don't get their appeal.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:20 pm

Why does it even matter to you if you don't see the appeal in them? Even if someone gave you all the answers on their opinions nothing's really stopping you from going "I still don't see it."

I personally like how they're designed (Not gameplay wise but looks wise). That's really it. To a certain extent, more parts = more impressive to look at, but of course too much makes it just look like a messy hodgepodge. This was one of the original reasons I even got into cosmic break was to mix and match parts I felt looked awesome to me back when I first started, although that trait in CB's drained off of me and now I only build bots for the stats they hold; although in Cosmic League you don't have to worry about part-specific stats (since stats are gained purely by tunes and carts) so you can feel free to be efficient and fashionable at the same time.

So going back on my original point, the appeal is that they look pretty awesome to me, even if they look generic to you, although CB still has a lot of unique looking bots that it made far before AXIS bots ever made it to the scene such as Zero Saber, Katana Max and Cross Raptors (Again in my opinion and completely debatable to others).
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:31 pm

Aeolius - is like renny/patty (tec/str swap) and does spread railgun shots that try to converge on 1 point which is nice

Berylskid - Free Alpha+SPEED Running and can hold 4x wpns at a time

Ragna - Sort of.... just a (better than avg) Art alpha mech

Agni - Burning blast attacks, and in some instances if ya build em right (MAX FLY, MAX WLK) and just a tad crazy but its hard to set em up for it

Illgr - is Nebel before it was cool (with anti homo i believe)

Trint - 10x heal bubble, 10x heal shot + free clearance

Racla - Shock/stun fudge packer
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:34 pm

Axis Bots -> Are the hybrid attempts of mechs with moe like special perks

So its mainly for Mech nerds.... dats the appeal

a MECH thats PLAYABLE with EFFORT and has its own PERKS
Back to top Go down
xTohka
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:35 pm

NO GIGANBERG? . _.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:53 pm

RaverX wrote:
Agni - Burning blast attacks, and in some instances if ya build em right (MAX FLY, MAX WLK) and just a tad crazy but its hard to set em up for it
What's the appeal of AXIS robots? QuGJC
stop
Back to top Go down
StiJoLew
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
StiJoLew

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:21 pm

I'll talk a bit about trintia and why she's currently one of my favorite bots in the entire game.

What trintia does better than any other bot in the game IMO is assisting your dive melees in getting as much damage done as possible, and hopefully letting them escape so you can both heal up for another round of murder. With your small clearance fields from the final stab of buffed spear combo, and the 100hp and clearance heal shots you have, you can keep your chosen "dive buddy" alive through a lot of combat and hopefully eating up a lot of enemy BP.

Trin is also capable of dealing a good amount of melee damage herself. She has 27 force, decent corestats for a melee boostrunner, on-demand CV for either getting in range to melee or for escaping, as well as your 100% uptime clearance from water buff that has VERY few counters. Trin's water-buffed spear has both good range and considerable knockback, so she's fairly decent at trading with most melee moes, especially those who can't contest with her range. If you know your limits and don't just run into the entire enemy team by yourself, you can get away with chasing kills on slower targets pretty deep into enemy territory. With your CV-shield you can usually afford the risk, and just use what is essentially 1000 extra hp from your 10 bubbles to top off for another melee run.

She does have some pretty bad weaknesses however. If you build melee, as I do, you have no way to deal with high-mobility gunners, arts, and airs on your own and have to rely on your team to get them off of you. Without her water buff spear melee becomes absolutely terrible, and you also lose the 100% uptime clearance. On maps without lakes/ponds/whatnot to refill at it's not uncommon to run out of buff before you die due to her ridiculous survivability, at which point you are forced to sit and backline heal while staving off the temptation to kill yourself from boredom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:15 am

Trizelion is appealing because he uses the whole Fire-Ice-Lightning Element Trio at once, and is like an Element-Switching version of robots like Daedalian and Brigand Baron.

Also, you guys forgot about Tierouge!
Back to top Go down
StiJoLew
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
StiJoLew

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am

Tierouge has always felt a bit mediocre to me, but she does have the booststeal AMJs which is interesting.
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 10:54 am

Now where's Dieranarcam... oh wait, it's just a glorified Lark Pit.
Back to top Go down
Fleur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fleur

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:15 pm

RaverX wrote:

Max WLK i can understand, since it has fame of being a super fast ART.

But FLY?

Why would agni need max FLY?
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 12:41 pm

someone01 wrote:
RaverX wrote:

Max WLK i can understand, since it has fame of being a super fast ART.

But FLY?

Why would agni need max FLY?

The real question is why would you max WLK/FLY when Agni needs none.

UncleBobbie wrote:
Burning gives insane FLY and Burning Runner gives insane WLK, you can drop both under 0.

(considering you sometimes need to conserve HP to prevent burning yourself to death, so not really, but it's still mostly true)

Trizelion is swag because 40 STR/WLK/TGH is not fat enough
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 1:10 pm

you automaticaly have max WLK/FLY when burned if you have burning runner core tune
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 3:09 pm

Maelstrom wrote:
you automaticaly have max WLK/FLY when burned if you have burning runner core tune

so literally kill all his stats expect tec and hp 10/10 would not recommand
Back to top Go down
StiJoLew
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
StiJoLew

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2016 9:47 pm

If you keep one default agni arm you can just use the melee to get rid of the melt and keep burning, so you never have to worry about being slow except when you first spawn. Not too big of a tradeoff.
Back to top Go down
xTohka
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 281

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
Trizelion is appealing because he uses the whole Fire-Ice-Lightning Element Trio at once,
To think that I saw this "Fire-Ice-Lightning Element Trio. -w-'
It's Fire-Wind-Lightning sir, not Ice. LOL
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:09 pm

A wasted gimmick as nobody picks something other than shock.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:14 pm

Trizelion is AXIS? I thought it wasn't...
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2016 1:58 am

Dabes Ragna ever:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the appeal of AXIS robots?   What's the appeal of AXIS robots? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the appeal of AXIS robots?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next