Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private Server Discussion

Go down 
+30
dsp
rei_hunter
moh
Satoshi
VeryMelon
Lazgrane
Feign
Winty
zeando
beccadmgirl
Wisp
WiFi
Admin
Garmraid
That_Wiesel_Guy
Kuzuha
colfenor1337
AhegaoMaster
Tuskin
Stickboy
Hyoka
eVe Heart
Charz
Shai
Aria
Zwiebel Force
Relict?
BARILLIAN
aosepsa
VenomGundam
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

Private Server Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Admin wrote:
i believe the reason why Mech needs to be OP is to keep up with the power of the Moes they have been releasing.

it's the opposite, really.
Moes are, by design, worse off. Let's take an old example.

I want a L-sized land core to stick a large gun on. I want it to have hop carts and stun regain(talk old meta here)
my options boil down to shino exroad and hound dog.
There's no fucking reason to use shino. She's unusually wide and she costs about 200 more in the end without offering much in the way of advantages aside from slightly higher base stats, and I can't tune her HD so I'm missing out on slots.

Why would you even want this aside from aesthetic value? You wouldn't. You'd use the hound dog. CBEN used shino for early builds because hound dog was RT only back then, but that's another matter.

So in order to make these thing viable with inherent disadvantages, they were given slightly improved base abilities. Why use Zero Saber Girl over Zero Saber? Because her zero step was just a bit better. In return, she has to deal with locked parts and being tall.

You look at the old seraphs, and that's where it started getting out of hand. PLEASE PLAY THIS GIRL WE'LL GIVE YOU ANTI-HOMING IF YOU PLAY HER. Even then, something like a brickgale core serves better as an S-sized weapons platform, seraph is ONLY GOOD for her wings.

Remember when they released the summer dress seraph? It was shit. It was the exact same as a normal seraph except all the parts were locked. Nobody liked it except that one guy who skinned her into a maid outfit. Why? Because you were stuck with her original parts which had stats most people didn't want, you couldn't make her any smaller than she was(which was the big thing at the time), and you couldn't give her a booster slot by swapping her LG out. LITERALLY why would you ever want this? The answer: you wouldn't. Can't change parts, it's shit.

So yeah. Statement is completely backwards. Glorious robot master race was so much better than shitty girls that they had to make the girls broken for them to compete.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Admin wrote:
Just wanted to note that CB started with mech only...
I never played JP. The first time I saw the site there was an artwork of ZSG and someone else on it. I didn't like it. I didn't think of playing the game util I saw Medi Aide (I still want a Medi Aide upgrade that looks like the old one but i HD. Medi Aide WD was very disappoiting). Idk if Cb was even around still, if not for the girls. The old bots looked really awkward sometimes (I really like the AXIS dsigns though).

@EX-tunes: I don't really see how these would be broken, if the mats/tunes were easily available. Idk, but most of the stuff we have in CB wouldn't be that much of troube if all players had equal access to it.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Summer Seraph looks like shit so I don't think it's a good example to measure things.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Tuskin wrote:
Summer Seraph looks like shit so I don't think it's a good example to measure things.

it looks like shit because it's shit, that was the entire point
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 10:36 pm

I would be happy with a private server that was lobby only, as long as I have access to all the bots and skinning.

Skinning is the only fun thing about the game for me anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lazgrane
Lazgrane

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 5:03 am

I think we just need easier access to good weapon.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 10:44 am

Charz wrote:
my idea of balancing do not depend on removing broken contents from the game but rather create a new counters for it
That's exactly what CS has been doing now FOR YEARS, and one of the main reasons why the game is shit.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:12 am

Because each counter is just as accessible as the last

So the guys who need to be countered receive their counters

lol metagame
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 12:13 pm

VeryMelon wrote:
Charz wrote:
my idea of balancing do not depend on removing broken contents from the game but rather create a new counters for it
That's exactly what CS has been doing now FOR YEARS, and one of the main reasons why the game is shit.

No.
CS hasn't made new counters, they've made new things which are strong and HAPPEN to counter the previous one thing....except they also just happen to counter nearly everything else as well

it's like you have rock paper scissors
and then you have something that beats all 3 of them
and then you have something that beats all 4 of them
rather than just having something that beats paper and thing 4 while losing to rock and scissors - this would mean "thing 4" is still broken but it's not just the end of all things in our stupid kusoge.

the base theory charz presented is not faulty, cybersteps braindead implementation of it is.
Back to top Go down
Satoshi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Satoshi

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 12:23 pm

ok just saying, many ppl charge 50-200 or even more monthly, a server for 200 ppl cant be expensive maybe 150$ or less per month ._ .
Back to top Go down
moh
Astro Trooper
Astro Trooper

Male Posts : 97

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 12:53 pm

Feign wrote:
I would be happy with a private server that was lobby only, as long as I have access to all the bots and skinning.
(...)
Same here
Back to top Go down
http://yutsuku.net/
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 4:31 pm

Winty wrote:
VeryMelon wrote:
Charz wrote:

No.
CS hasn't made new counters, they've made new things which are strong and HAPPEN to counter the previous one thing....except they also just happen to counter nearly everything else as well
They made counters. Shaden -> Amateus is the most obvious example and I think what really started this trend. Shadens were too fast, Solar Buster activates faster based on the target's speed.
There were more general things like the shock whip due to too much retarded melee.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 8:41 pm

Which is funny because Solar Buster still missed Shadens quite a bit
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 1:14 am

wheee, private server discussion became Balances ever made on CB.

Cool story guys. ;3

and here i thought it was gonna be one of those icbrany discussions.... '-'
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Garmraid

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 4:19 am

rei_hunter wrote:
wheee, private server discussion became Balances ever made on CB.

Cool story guys. ;3

and here i thought it was gonna be one of those icbrany discussions.... '-'

At least it's not a (icy)brain(y)dead kind of discussion  geek

Anyway as i said (1/2 pages back for long vers.) here's my point on the thing -for dummies edition tongue-
1)Private server == 90%+ DEAD server
--->(everyone gets bots/waifu then GTFO)/NO updates weekly == no new stuff == boredom == DEAD.
2)ONLY SKINNING server == 95% DEAD server
--->[Ex:"YOU LIEK SPORTz CARz!?" Here's a garage FULL of every AWESOME sports carz ever created(Ferrari,Lamborghini,etc.etc.) but 1)you can't even have new ones 2)You can't EVER DRIVE THEM! *but you can paint/modify them*...oh and BTW shell me 150$ or so monthly for the garage rent. Wink
3)CB needs balancing? OF COURSE
--->but it needs both balancing AND shop avaiability(the old idea of UC 1s, rt 2s SCAMgara 3s but applied to everything.).

OTHERWISE you get bots in shop that do the EXACT same thing as rt/garas ones just
A)lil nerfed (as in 90% of bot/moe original strenght; nothing gamebreaking.)
OR
B)It's NOT bot/moe *insert name here*
-Ex: Me:Hey we get this bot for UC in shop that does the same things as Resha!!!
---->Crowd: BUT RESHA == WAIFU!!!/Said bot-moe-whatever does NOT look as good!
-------------->...go shell rt/spin that SCAMgara then  Twisted Evil 

That's my 2 cents.

P.S: And no CB needs money to keep going...BUT there are some rules to follow when using those microtransactions.

yes, pretty much this. (usually applied to indie, but i'm pretty sure that the stuff in there should be *THE "common sense" kind of stuff*) and can be applied to any f2p. Very Happy

Last edited by Garmraid on Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lazgrane
Lazgrane

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 4:30 am

I'm fine with the meta. But the thing is,

Winty wrote:

it's like you have rock paper scissors
and then you have something that beats all 3 of them
and then you have something that beats all 4 of them
rather than just having something that beats paper and thing 4 while losing to rock and scissors - this would mean "thing 4" is still broken but it's not just the end of all things in our stupid kusoge.

If you create the thing 4

then give me the thing 3!
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:52 am

Hyoka wrote:
Which is funny because Solar Buster still missed Shadens quite a bit
Well, that's CS quality for you.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 8:59 am

Private servers rely on donations instead of actual payments so all this talk is pointless.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 am

Honestly?

I'd have a Private Server of CB

But everything would be available, except a few selected bots/parts. Those would either be won from events or some ridiculous amounts of doing shit with.

The possibilities of a 0s Resha or Eris in an RT Garapon sounds nice, no?

Like CB has been doing, they're netting up things they dont want as "mass production.". They create and create new bots so there's this large gap of what you can use and what's broken. So we can use this on the private server, on a weekly schedule it would put up a Garapon List for people to roll for.

Shop List? Make it basic and simple, but not carbon copies of CB-EN/EU or any other else.

Drop Lists? Since there's no RT Charging, why not have RT Charge Accessories drop from Ticketed Bastagants or Missions?

Drop Rate should be nicer for this server, along with EXP. UC maybe not so much since everyone will be wanting UC to spend on bots they want.

Trading, hopefully we'd be able to use that trading system Cybershit tried to hide. or change Bazaar so we can actually trade RT Bots and the like.

Planning can actually help a private server bloom, course the 'updates' might be too far or takes a bit long to integrate into a Private Server/Client... it just all comes to diligence.

Honestly, i still think Cybershit is Bullcrap/shithoar, their management sucks. everything they do is too late, everyone's already moved on. But what about for the new players? They'd still get gibbed by the playerbase who started out on '09 who has a good garage to rape people with. Its up to them whether they continue to play with or without charging, or get blinded by Moebots. The Thanks Garapon just gives me the Firesale vibes from'em but its overall good. cept the RNG sucks balls and trading is STILL not an option. despite this, they're still running and continue to releasing bots and more weapons.

If they ever went firesale, hopefully a private server is established for those who miss and want to say "FUCK YOU CYBERSTEP!, THIS PRIVATE SERVER OF OURS WILL DEFINITELY ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU DIDNT!"

As for balance tweaks, hopefully the bots dont get 'too deformed' in usage.
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:28 am

Tuskin wrote:
Private servers rely on donations instead of actual payments so all this talk is pointless.

I honestly do not know why this thread is still up. I guess people like talking about things that will never happen.
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Busted
Busted

Male Posts : 2029

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:38 am

Oh well.
Send me links when this occurs.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 11:54 am

if you look at the state of the game, there are people who play the same thing for weeks on end, if not more.
saying people would only play because updates is stupid.

If you TRULY think unlimited access to everything would kill player interest, all that needs to be done is put everything in RT shop, set everything to an equal price, and then provide a weekly or monthly allowance that allows people to get 2-3 new things a week/month. This would mean people can get 1-2 things they want, have their time to play them, and when they get bored(in a week/month - maybe biweekly allowance?) they can go and get something else to play around with.

Due to the fact that not everyone would make the same choices would introduce variety in area, and since you aren't introducing batches of things you will not create a "flavor of the month" meta of turtle/rush/support since there won't be "one new thing" that everyone is trying to use at the same time.

Obviously this would favor moes and stock parts mechs more since complex builds with parts from varied sources would consume more of the "RT allowance", but whatever, it's a system that could be worked on.

Of course, I don't feel that this is a serious issue, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Tuskin wrote:
Considering the amount of money some people sunk into CB they would be able to single-handedly pay for the server for years.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 10:02 pm

VeryMelon wrote:
Tuskin wrote:
Considering the amount of money some people sunk into CB they would be able to single-handedly pay for the server for years.

and considering how a cb private server actually gets you the things for less money means it's pretty much hook line and sinker.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 2:31 am

Hyoka wrote:
VeryMelon wrote:
Tuskin wrote:

and considering how a cb private server actually gets you the things for less money means it's pretty much hook line and sinker.

A Private Server doesnt have to be

REAL MONEY == DONATOR POINTS == DONATOR BOTS.

No. Fuck no, it'd be the same shit again, cept this time everything comes cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Private Server Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next