Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best of their type discussion.

Go down 
+13
Segawa
FreedomFighter
FrozenEdge
Ichijo
Hyoka
TaeTae
CapeMike
NovaZero
Jello
Asukuu
Sean
FenixStryk
Abolla
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

Female Posts : 617
Location : 2nd Star on the right and straight on till morning.

Best of their type discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:41 am

Was curious on who people thought we're the best at what they do so I wanted to see what we can come up with~
This is just my opinion and is no way absolute~

Best LND - TaeTae - Because he often takes out half a team before you can take him down ;P
Best AIR - AppleMecha - Air battles with him always get me defeated~
Best ART - CAT - Very good anti-air player
Best SUP - Florette - Servbuster is a very hard to kill support :^(

Edit:
Best Chicken - Abolla - Finger licking good.

Last edited by Abolla on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 am

That sounds about right, although best often fluctuates between matches.

I'm more interested in who will be the best after the wipe, though. Good luck to any other competing Airs.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 12:02 pm

I thought this would be a thread about the best bot for each type. I guess I was wrong. xP
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 1:42 pm

I'm clearly the best arty.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:36 pm

FenixStryk wrote:

I'm more interested in who will be the best after the wipe, though. Good luck to any other competing Airs.
Not like anyone would degrade their skills once they lose their bots. Good players will always find a way to get things done.
Back to top Go down
Asukuu
Asukuu

Male Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 6:40 pm

what no best land melee (non ivis ***s) and best ranged land? just clumped into one Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Asukuu wrote:
what no best land melee (non ivis ***s) and best ranged land? just clumped into one Sad

I suppose that does make sense. TaeTae can be the best card-hopper, Spermwhale can be the best ivis, not sure who the best melee is, but I know Asukuu wants to be considered the best ranged land. Wink
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Asukuu wrote:
Branch it off yourself :^P Your opinion~

Kanbara for best Ivis ;D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:56 pm

Not sure if I would want to be known as the "best ivis".

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 pm

FunThingsAreFun wrote:
Not sure if I would want to be known as the "best ivis".

Neutral

Me neither Neutral

But I'm flattered that you thought so. =3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Best Ivis is another way of saying least respected and unskilled player.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Or the player who's most capable of using common sense in a robo who's known for being button mash-y. But hey, who am I to say?

Though I'd say anyone who uses a "cheap" build is more or less disallowed respect. Tae may be skilled outside of hopping, but he still employs it. Heck, he always kicks off the battle as a hopper. Call it butthurt, but I don't see how a hopper should be respected.

Then again, I guess can respect him for being highly skilled outside such a stupid build. If you can't handle a hopper, you have no chance against Tae at all, I guess. I just wish he showcased his skill more than just hop around your face all day, like he's giving you the finger all the time.

Last edited by NovaZero on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Mayhem wrote:

whocares people think i'm the best at something \(^3^)/
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Abolla wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:

Not like anyone would degrade their skills once they lose their bots. Good players will always find a way to get things done.
While true, it's hard to tell how much of a person's score is carried by skill and not gear. A lot of the top people are also running what many consider to be bad-mannered bots. Once that's taken off the table, will they still be up there?

Only one way to know.
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:01 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
Abolla wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:

While true, it's hard to tell how much of a person's score is carried by skill and not gear. A lot of the top people are also running what many consider to be bad-mannered bots. Once that's taken off the table, will they still be up there?

Only one way to know.
Hence this discussion.
3/4 of those I've put as my top aren't using what people consider "ill-mannered" bots and as Nova pointed out, outside hoppers Tae is still a beast~
Back to top Go down
Asukuu
Asukuu

Male Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:03 pm

FunThingsAreFun wrote:

I know Asukuu wants to be considered the best ranged land. Wink
^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Abolla wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:
Abolla wrote:
FenixStryk wrote:

Only one way to know.
Hence this discussion.
3/4 of those I've put as my top aren't using what people consider "ill-mannered" bots and as Nova pointed out, outside hoppers Tae is still a beast~

I can still dream of one day being mentioned in the most hushed of whispers as one of the premiere SUP players...one of my clanmates called me the 'freakin' Spartacus' SUP 'bot after I somehow got Best Support -and- Great Fighting Spirit in the same Union Battle!

One day...one day.... Wink
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:06 pm

I wouldn't even dream of being the best in anyone's eyes. I mean, I'm only dangerous to noobs and semi-experienced players; pros would wipe me off good. I'm also very stubborn, hence why I can get easily picked off and can't even handle a dogfight. And I employ Ivis.
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:28 pm

CapeMike wrote:

I can still dream of one day being mentioned in the most hushed of whispers as one of the premiere SUP players...one of my clanmates called me the 'freakin' Spartacus' SUP 'bot after I somehow got Best Support -and- Great Fighting Spirit in the same Union Battle!

One day...one day.... Wink
Lol I already got that + destroyer, game warrior and sword master all in the same game~ Doesn't mean I'm any good ;P (Heck I wasn't even a support bot xD) Just meant it was a good round for yourself~

My criteria for best Sup is actually pretty simple. They know where to be at the right time.
For example - When the team attacks, best believe Florette is there with them and is ready to move depending on the situation. When healing, it won't just always be at PS but she will be where the situation needs her to be. And like I said, Florette is hard to kill. Even when you think you have her, she will find a way to escape :^(
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:16 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Or the player who's most capable of using common sense in a robo who's known for being button mash-y. But hey, who am I to say?

Though I'd say anyone who uses a "cheap" build is more or less disallowed respect. Tae may be skilled outside of hopping, but he still employs it. Heck, he always kicks off the battle as a hopper. Call it butthurt, but I don't see how a hopper should be respected.

Then again, I guess can respect him for being highly skilled outside such a stupid build. If you can't handle a hopper, you have no chance against Tae at all, I guess. I just wish he showcased his skill more than just hop around your face all day, like he's giving you the finger all the time.

Um i utilise many builds, just happens that u face me when i'm in those builds you hate. Then again Nova, may I remind you that you use ivis =D

For example

I opened with laser seraph this match

Spoiler:

Here, I opened with gatling baz amateus

Spoiler:

And here, a laser air

Spoiler:

Quite frankly, I don't really care what happens during open beta and what mech other players or I use. It's open beta for a reason. Rest assured, after beta things will be better.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 pm

Looking at Tae's scores, I get a glimpse of his play-style and mentality.

When I play a match, I usually expect to either last the entire round without dying, or I will get killed once and do cleanup with my second bot until it's over. I'm not saying how Tae does it is a bad thing (because the score obviously reflects that his style is working) but it seems like he goes into fights expecting to die and completely go through all of his ammo before getting killed.

I usually try to conserve ammo, and keep my cost as low as possible. That's just the way I learned to play.
I have to admit that I am envious of your play-style.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 11:57 pm

I'm still scratching my head at how contribution works. o_o

My playstyle with my J-hams is practically what Fun said but looking back at my scored I don't get that much contribution.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:08 am

FunThingsAreFun wrote:
Looking at Tae's scores, I get a glimpse of his play-style and mentality.

When I play a match, I usually expect to either last the entire round without dying, or I will get killed once and do cleanup with my second bot until it's over. I'm not saying how Tae does it is a bad thing (because the score obviously reflects that his style is working) but it seems like he goes into fights expecting to die and completely go through all of his ammo before getting killed.

I usually try to conserve ammo, and keep my cost as low as possible. That's just the way I learned to play.
I have to admit that I am envious of your play-style.

Well the thing is, the mech I use are high dps so I expect to die around the time i run out of ammo. Basicly once I run out of ammo, rather than wasting time, I will die and respawn so I can continue helping the team. Although I died and costed the team some points, I try to do enough damage to the enemy team (damage, kills and contribution) to compensate for my cost of dying. Ofcourse this only applies to union war where organisation is a minimum.

Jello wrote:
I'm still scratching my head at how contribution works. o_o

My playstyle with my J-hams is practically what Fun said but looking back at my scored I don't get that much contribution.

Contribution is basicly getting shot at.

Sort of like

Number of people shooting at x Time being shot at

(This isnt the formula but it describes how contribution is gained)

So basicly it depends on how many people are shooting at you and how long they are shooting at you for. Indirectly contribution helps the team because it means enemy is focusing their attention on you rather than your allies, hence your allies have the ability to capitalise on their lack of focus. Assuming they are decent players actually know to attack when that happens.
Back to top Go down
Abolla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Abolla

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:17 am

my favorite lines from those screens -
"like my gatling spam?"
"NO :<"
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:20 am

Abolla wrote:
my favorite lines from those screens -
"like my gatling spam?"
"NO :<"

I think he was healing at the ps with his allies and I gatling baz spammed their ps =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best of their type discussion.   Best of their type discussion. Empty

Back to top Go down

Best of their type discussion.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next