Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tycoon0804
Newcomer
Newcomer

Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. Empty
PostSubject: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyFri May 22, 2020 8:18 pm

Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. 15901912
Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. 15901913
Hello. My name is [MR狂氣]in the game.
yep, I'm Korean.
I moved from the Korean server to the Japanese server and played it until now.

It's a game with a lot of love and hatred, but I don't agree to disappear into history and try to move on with my own mind.
I think it will be difficult to prepare alone because I already have a job, so I'd like to proceed with it together.

I looked for a Private Server in operation, but at this point, I knew there was no Private Server in operation, so I'm going to proceed it myself.

The most important server source was obtained from the ragezone.
https://forum.ragezone.com/f857/release-cosmic-break-1096203/

However, it is necessary to unpack the resource file in *.Kar format for updating and maintaining the resources.
It's possible to decrypt the assembly language and reverse design, but it's going to take a lot of time.
I would like to get some help if there is any progress on unpacking resources.

If it's already going on, I'll join you.
Let's continue the game together.
Let's take a journey together so as not to be forgotten.

I rely on the translator, but I will do my job properly.
Back to top Go down
Anti_Good
God multi tasking
God multi tasking

Male Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptySat May 23, 2020 4:51 am

PM your Discord info and we can talk there
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Master Poster
Master Poster
Frizz

Male Posts : 2029

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptySat May 23, 2020 10:44 am

Wish you the best of luck and hope you succeed.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Male Posts : 597

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptySat May 23, 2020 7:27 pm

Sounds great, all the good lucks
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
rei_hunter

Female Posts : 4642

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptySun May 24, 2020 3:41 am

The ragezone link is an old Beta of EN. like way before they had OpenBeta.

At this point, good luck, because coding everything from scratch will take some time and testing.

But also drop discord, we wanna see where you take it. Smile

Also, i watch your youtube vids.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
meltbullet
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptySun May 24, 2020 1:07 pm

@rei_hunter wrote:
The ragezone link is an old Beta of EN. like way before they had OpenBeta.

To nitpick, it's the Chinese beta from 2010.

That said, the server tools in the zip are super out of date, as indicated by the year it was released, and whoever dumped it either didn't give out all the files or didn't have access to them. A bunch of the tools break and require a lot of manual fiddling to get working, and even then they spit out errors and crash a lot.
imo you'd have more luck waiting for an asset dump and then rebuilding the game in a modern engine, but that's a lot of coding.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
rei_hunter

Female Posts : 4642

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptySun May 24, 2020 10:06 pm

Oh shit, its chinese beta huh.
Welp, client dumping can be done with using memory dump by the same guys who were doing the English Patch.

But Cosmic Break on Unity? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Samui
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Samui

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyMon May 25, 2020 4:16 am

Good luck on this work man.
Back to top Go down
ziix
FOOOOOOOOO~
ziix

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyWed May 27, 2020 4:24 am

Would love to know how this project will end up. (Will you be updating this thread or is there somewhere I can follow?)

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
yukiexa
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Support   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyWed Jun 03, 2020 11:43 am

Hello is ok if I can tag along, with making the private server , I can translate the Japanese and I'm also a programmer if you need help backend
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 5:13 am

Despite how much i want to jump on this wagon, i'd rather exercise caution on people whith 1 post making promises, since it has been archived hell and back that the reason for why there has not been any ps so far is because Solaris 10/Linux is needed and no one really wants to work with that, the other is that some programmers have this sort of
E-dick:

if anything happens then it would be awsome since it could benefit other C$ games
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3097

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 4:49 am

Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. Bb8
Back to top Go down
Alpherior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Alpherior

Male Posts : 459

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyTue Jun 30, 2020 8:23 pm

I am all kinds of down for this. I've been missing CB. Doesn't help that I missed the account transfer info. Despite all its problems, nothing can replace this game.
Back to top Go down
Blackbeard
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 10:13 am

I would love if this were to happen. I still enjoy this game very much and remember it very often. Me and my brother who used to play very actively for a few years would definitely come back if needed. Would like to know if any updates are made.
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 12:19 pm

would also love to see this happen, been hoping for something like this for a long long time
Back to top Go down
Silvershine
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 424

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2020 1:52 pm

Curious to see if this will ever be successful. I hope so, I mean, I can dream, right? But maybe dreams will stay dreams, sigh.
Either way, best of luck!
Back to top Go down
http://nightforest.deviantart.com
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5577

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyTue Jul 14, 2020 12:30 am

IF you get it running Great, if not well life happens
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyWed Aug 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Apparently it was decided to stop the project due CBU's 2020 advent, the best they got is to run the beta server locally, sad though, they could've just worked on the project in secret so they could've made breakthroughs and possibly be able to reverse engineer CBU
Back to top Go down
hunlin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. EmptyWed Aug 26, 2020 2:01 pm

Thats saddening for me since close-down of Shin Megami Tensei online (US) and FEZ (US). guess this time our accounts cant be migrated to anywhere? heard they going to relaunch CB universal in Steam later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.   Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project. Empty

Back to top Go down

Preparing Cosmicbreak Private Server project.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Cosmic Break :: General-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com