Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private Server Discussion

Go down 
+30
dsp
rei_hunter
moh
Satoshi
VeryMelon
Lazgrane
Feign
Winty
zeando
beccadmgirl
Wisp
WiFi
Admin
Garmraid
That_Wiesel_Guy
Kuzuha
colfenor1337
AhegaoMaster
Tuskin
Stickboy
Hyoka
eVe Heart
Charz
Shai
Aria
Zwiebel Force
Relict?
BARILLIAN
aosepsa
VenomGundam
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
VenomGundam
VenomGundam

Private Server Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:34 am

This is not intended to break any rules or anything but I would just like to ask peoples opinion if CBEN where to be shut down due to the running costs out costing the income the server provides. Because I for one would love to start a project just in-case of the inevitable termination of service but here's what i wanted to discuss I have talked with several friends/people that I have played with through both the JP and EN servers here is my ideas for possibly helping CB not be so broken and or returning it to what i loved about the game in the first place:

- Removal Of "Moe" bots (if not this than limiting them to only special pvp rooms and pve)
- Increase drop charts for quest mode to include a huge range of parts
- Removal of Area timers (only for the free field quest )
- Shop would include all the bots normally acquired through garapon
- Garapon Removal
- Some possible tweaks to money and mission rewards and drop rates.

Last edited by VenomGundam on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 am

C21
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 am

I don't care about private servers, but I'd probably give it a try to play the sort of stuff I like.

That said, the changes you propose will make the game more boring and certainly not any less broken.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 am

BARILLIAN wrote:
I don't care about private servers, but I'd probably give it a try to play the sort of stuff I like.

That said, the changes you propose will make the game more boring and certainly not any less broken.

Yeah, I agree.

Imagine flapjack, ilgryps, psycho formula roar, and the like being available to everyone in the shop.

This will probably streamline the meta even more to the point that most people would reach for the bullshit mecha instead of fun mecha, I think.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 am

>first point is removing humanoids.
yeah, I definitely would like to play of a server full of mecha fags who get butthurt over a design scheme that was there since the official srvice started <,<

So instead of Ivis everyhere, we get gaychinlet i every match? Like, how is that any better?
Back to top Go down
VenomGundam
VenomGundam

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 am

BARILLIAN wrote:

See now this is why i made this i don't play pvp on CBEN on the high ranked rooms and what not i would love to get more feedback about this because like i haven't seen much of what most of the new bots can do. Please though don't take this topic too serious it was meant to start discussion and help me reach a list of ideas if the project where to get off the ground also i don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:10 am

"We" were going to do that but shut our asses down due to a "legalization" issue.
Should be like after Sugoi gara release but meh.
Back to top Go down
VenomGundam
VenomGundam

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 am

Aria wrote:
"We" were going to do that but shut our asses down due to a "legalization" issue.
Should be like after Sugoi gara release but meh.

Oh?
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 am

VenomGundam wrote:
See now this is why i made this i don't play pvp on CBEN on the high ranked rooms and what not i would love to get more feedback about this because like i haven't seen much of what most of the new bots can do. Please though don't take this topic too serious it was meant to start discussion and help me reach a list of ideas if the project where to get off the ground also i don't mean to step on anyone's toes.
Balance is difficult in a game like CB. It is easy to create grossly overpowered things, and putting these in Garapons was the money-making formula of CS for a while, although they seem to be going less for game efficiency and more for character appeal and gameplay novelty now. But balancing things is a whole different ball game.

Consider the current state of the game. The arena is dominated, on the humanoid side, by well-defended melee threats such as Eris and Ivis, mobile bots using multishot weapons with incredible DPS outputs in Haruka, Akane, Monica Wing and Diana, long-range homing missiles in Illumis Q, Toybox Girl and Fia, rapid on-demand healing coupled to strong defensive support in Regina Winberrl and Melfi Heart.

Now remove these.

You're left with well-defended melee threats such as Machintlet and Gyallanbard builds, mobile bots using multishot weapons with incredible DPS outputs in Ilygryps AM, Flapjack AM and alpha Ragna builds, long-range missiles in Scram Mod builds, and rapid on-demand healing coupled to strong defensive support in Trintia, High Priestol and Mediger AM builds.

All of these robots are about equal to their humanoid counterparts, and in many cases they may be superior by a fair margin (unless a humanoid does something clearly unique, you usually get better mileage out of a mecha with a similar build, due to the freedom of customization). Clearly humanoids are not the problem here.

What if you remove the troublesome mecha and weapons? You then get the meta before them: Aquila Girls, vanilla Ivis, Ballistic Launchers. Remove these? Time to brush the dust off your cardarms and lasers. Nerfed, you say? Bazooka Froglanders. People have complained about all of these, suicide Froglanders included, through the course of the game, certainly there's no pleasing the user base with regards to game balance.

So the ideal course of action is to cut down whatever seems too excessive, while introducing a bunch of new mechanisms. Whether these mechanisms are put on humanoids or mecha is of no concern to the health of the metagame, although for marketing reasons they are first seen in the former.

Which is what CS is evidently trying to do, so a CB private server would practically be the same old CB, except the developers are more responsive, balance updates more rapid, and with some of the annoying money-making schemes, such as slot breakage and the Garapon system, removed. Which would make it, for all intents and purposes, one of these spinoff non-English servers where top-end robots are offered for UC.

If any are left alive, you can give these a spin.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:38 am

VenomGundam wrote:
- Removal Of "Moe" bots (if not this than limiting them to only special pvp rooms and pve)
Oh look, it's another one of those that thinks only moes are broken in this game. :3
Back to top Go down
VenomGundam
VenomGundam

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:48 am

BARILLIAN wrote:
VenomGundam wrote:
Balance is difficult in a game like CB. It is easy to create grossly overpowered things, and putting these in Garapons was the money-making formula of CS for a while, although they seem to be going less for game efficiency and more for character appeal and gameplay novelty now. But balancing things is a whole different ball game.

Consider the current state of the game. The arena is dominated, on the humanoid side, by well-defended melee threats such as Eris and Ivis, mobile bots using multishot weapons with incredible DPS outputs in Haruka, Akane, Monica Wing and Diana, long-range homing missiles in Illumis Q, Toybox Girl and Fia, rapid on-demand healing coupled to strong defensive support in Regina Winberrl and Melfi Heart.

Now remove these.

You're left with well-defended melee threats such as Machintlet and Gyallanbard builds, mobile bots using multishot weapons with incredible DPS outputs in Ilygryps AM, Flapjack AM and alpha Ragna builds, long-range missiles in Scram Mod builds, and rapid on-demand healing coupled to strong defensive support in Trintia, High Priestol and Mediger AM builds.

All of these robots are about equal to their humanoid counterparts, and in many cases they may be superior by a fair margin (unless a humanoid does something clearly unique, you usually get better mileage out of a mecha with a similar build, due to the freedom of customization). Clearly humanoids are not the problem here.

What if you remove the troublesome mecha and weapons? You then get the meta before them: Aquila Girls, vanilla Ivis, Ballistic Launchers. Remove these? Time to brush the dust off your cardarms and lasers. Nerfed, you say? Bazooka Froglanders. People have complained about all of these, suicide Froglanders included, through the course of the game, certainly there's no pleasing the user base with regards to game balance.

So the ideal course of action is to cut down whatever seems too excessive, while introducing a bunch of new mechanisms. Whether these mechanisms are put on humanoids or mecha is of no concern to the health of the metagame, although for marketing reasons they are first seen in the former.

Which is what CS is evidently trying to do, so a CB private server would practically be the same old CB, except the developers are more responsive, balance updates more rapid, and with some of the annoying money-making schemes, such as slot breakage and the Garapon system, removed. Which would make it, for all intents and purposes, one of these spinoff non-English servers where top-end robots are offered for UC.

If any are left alive, you can give these a spin.

Thank you for this is exactly what i was looking for, the main reason I made this topic (aside from discussing what the chances of it ever coming to pass) was to see peoples opinions and experiences and see if anyone thought CB could be fixed but yes i do agree at this point because of CS business plan for early on balance was thrown out the window which seems kind of silly in a game that mostly centers around PVP but damn you hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:57 am

i would like to toss some of my thoughts as well since i am one of the ppl who feel that the game is utterly broken and have alot of unfair aspects about it from Moe and Mech alike

the point of a private server is to have all items available for all players at the cost for donating to the server just to keep it running the donators sure get some benefits  but not by any means a major Advantages

my idea of balancing do not depend on removing broken contents from the game but rather create a new counters for it and developing new mechanics to even avoid it for example the UC bots in the shop are simply usless due to core bad stats or there weapons and perks are too weak to compete against the new broken mech and moes and the best answer for this is upgrading or buffing

best example for this is the sword wing in the Battle volcanics daily mission the stats are insane the damage output is ridiculous and the HP pool is too huge and his steel boost can keep him flying forever  if that thing were to be dropped in arena then RIP it will be capable to beat the most broken moe or mech in the game

no player would be able to upgrade a sword wing to such parameters but that unlock a new possibility on the private server what if the UC bots was more upgradable and had there stats buffed on top of there customizability? if you we can do just quarter of what the GMS have done to that sword wing nothing in this game would be called useless any more and that by far a big step ahead to balance this game  

the very fundamentals of upgrading is to turn a shity mech to a good mech but we are not able to do this because of CS conspiracy of forcing us to roll the gara for the shinest moe and bots around without allowing us to upgrading them to a competitive level  

that bring us directly to the cosmo pot for so long i have detested that system not just because it can troll on 100% success rate but because it do not allow what is known as character development  

normally when you level up you gain stats and new perks represented in the carts or they can be unlocked if you have another skill tree system  and the more you level up the more you get stronger but in the cosmo pot we have to tune to get the stats needed for the bots to function and have no relation to leveling up the bots whatsoever further more you are restricted by capa so time is frozen on you character and you can`t proceed any further unless you charge moar root !!!

in any RPG game you are rewarded for the effort you spent to level up your character or bot and upgrading it no matter what it was best example for this is Gundam dynasty warriors series at some point of the game you are forced to clear difficult missions using crap ass mass production suits only when you upgrade them by obtaining the highest rank parts they can even rival the strongest of gundams !!!

in short the C21 level up system is what we need and remove the Cosmo pot completely making the bots gain stats as they level up and the crafting system would be nice too it can further add to the customization of the bots  

this game is so focused on PVP only if you created new game modes the hatred tension will cease by allowing us to enjoy the game without having to deal with fags 24/7 for example dungeons

lastly an open world to explore and having a sort of Adventure mode would be fun and allowing the players to interact more with the game removing the contents and make CB a bare bone of it`s formal self won`t solve the issue
Back to top Go down
eVe Heart
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
eVe Heart

Male Posts : 523

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:20 am

removal of garapons ?
isn't like garapon is to prevent broken shit from getting spread too wide in the arena ?
but then all shop items are 1s and 3s bots / moes / whatever can be acquired from either mission, quest or mates sounds pretty nice. People would have a good reason to grind arcantus / haku / pepens

>removal of moe bots.
man, i'd rather play c21.

>drop rates
multiply everything by 10 and it's balanced.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:23 am

You can tweak every fucking setting in that game, including nerfing shit to oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:07 am

The best way to balance in a private server (and a reason pvp based private servers exist) is to make everything available.

When everyone is overpowered, no one is.

I also would like to see more promotion of pve: missions, bastagant, arcantus and chaos rooms.

I understand pvp is the core of the game, but I do like the pve and wish it would make a more decent alternative to pvp instead of LOL PVP IS SOURCE OF ERRYTHING
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 am

if you can somehow break the system and not limit the customization like c21, lol
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 am

Just do it however you want it to be. Can't be worse that Cyberstep's run.
Back to top Go down
AhegaoMaster
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Female Posts : 3335

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:46 am

Let's all drop shit loads of erises and satisfy peoples pleasures them they will want more
I just want my HD sups
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:01 am

no more need for slot protector for the broken slot feature is banned.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:13 pm

eVe Heart wrote:
removal of garapons ?
isn't like garapon is to prevent broken shit from getting spread too wide in the arena ?
I thought the garapon shit was meant to enhace C§'s profits.

Really what Aria said. If you want to keep it balanced, without dongrding the game/deleting it's essential part, hand it out to everyone.

A funier quest mode would probably be appreciated to.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:37 pm

colfenor1337 wrote:

We were gonna make slot protectors for UC and at least +20% more tune up success because broken slot is integrated, no way to remove it unless rewrite.

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Really what Aria said. If you want to keep it balanced, without dongrding the game/deleting it's essential part, hand it out to everyone.

Masses opinions work wonders.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Balancing the game is quite a task. Especially that besides the main game mechanics, you'll have to inspect each bot if all are able to be on par from each other and weapons that are to be used. I guess, it's best if you can get opinions from the community on how to balance the game. E.g. Carts on lands like Sway. The first time Sway was buffed, it was awesome that every land bot that has it are playable in arena. Even the outdated ones. But then this made broken bots, like Ivis Reine, even more broken, hence, sway was nerfed resulting outdated bots to be unusable again. What if these broken bots did not have the sway cart instead?  How about the Slow status duration lowered? Or how melee attacks can only stun on the first hit attack interval so that the target can retaliate in return?

So yeah, just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:15 pm

Sway is still good, what the fuck.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Aria wrote:
colfenor1337 wrote:

We were gonna make slot protectors for UC and at least +20% more tune up success because broken slot is integrated, no way to remove it unless rewrite.

Ah that does sounds good! Make players keep on coming for CB! Great idea that one 0w0)b
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:50 pm

Bring Proto Life back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Private Server Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next