Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private Server Discussion

Go down 
+30
dsp
rei_hunter
moh
Satoshi
VeryMelon
Lazgrane
Feign
Winty
zeando
beccadmgirl
Wisp
WiFi
Admin
Garmraid
That_Wiesel_Guy
Kuzuha
colfenor1337
AhegaoMaster
Tuskin
Stickboy
Hyoka
eVe Heart
Charz
Shai
Aria
Zwiebel Force
Relict?
BARILLIAN
aosepsa
VenomGundam
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

Private Server Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Krayola wrote:
Bring Proto Life back.

All tunes are there, just need for you guys to get successful.
Well Proto Tunes are like, 100% already so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:04 pm

Aria wrote:
Krayola wrote:
Bring Proto Life back.
You're only given a handful of Proto Cosmos though. After you use them, that's it.

I don't recall vanilla Life being a 100% tune, so that's why I brought it up.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Krayola wrote:
Aria wrote:
Krayola wrote:
Bring Proto Life back.
You're only given a handful of Proto Cosmos though. After you use them, that's it.

I don't recall vanilla Life being a 100% tune, so that's why I brought it up.

those +1 tunes are now 100%, like long ago iirc scratch
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Proto Life should never have existed and should not come back, unless you make it 10 cost like the regular Life tunes.

What did you tune yours on, anyway?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:22 pm

BARILLIAN wrote:
Proto Life should never have existed and should not come back, unless you make it 10 cost like the regular Life tunes.

What did you tune yours on, anyway?
Yeah 5 cost can be used to very strong extents, but it's one way to get 100% life tunes in. Just a suggestion anyways.

I don't even remember what I tuned mine on. Probably something stupid like a 1s Lily AM.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Diabolical wrote:
Sway is still good, what the fuck.

Distance of Sway will depend on the size of the bots. Distance is lowered on small sized bots.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 pm

That was only forward and back sway because they were batshit retarded after the buff.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:55 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
That was only forward and back sway because they were batshit retarded after the buff.

Noted. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
VenomGundam
VenomGundam

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 1:33 am

Charz wrote:
i would like to toss some of my thoughts as well since i am one of the ppl who feel that the game is utterly broken and have alot of unfair aspects about it from Moe and Mech alike

the point of a private server is to have all items available for all players at the cost for donating to the server just to keep it running the donators sure get some benefits  but not by any means a major Advantages

my idea of balancing do not depend on removing broken contents from the game but rather create a new counters for it and developing new mechanics to even avoid it for example the UC bots in the shop are simply usless due to core bad stats or there weapons and perks are too weak to compete against the new broken mech and moes and the best answer for this is upgrading or buffing

best example for this is the sword wing in the Battle volcanics daily mission the stats are insane the damage output is ridiculous and the HP pool is too huge and his steel boost can keep him flying forever  if that thing were to be dropped in arena then RIP it will be capable to beat the most broken moe or mech in the game

no player would be able to upgrade a sword wing to such parameters but that unlock a new possibility on the private server what if the UC bots was more upgradable and had there stats buffed on top of there customizability? if you we can do just quarter of what the GMS have done to that sword wing nothing in this game would be called useless any more and that by far a big step ahead to balance this game  

the very fundamentals of upgrading is to turn a shity mech to a good mech but we are not able to do this because of CS conspiracy of forcing us to roll the gara for the shinest moe and bots around without allowing us to upgrading them to a competitive level  

that bring us directly to the cosmo pot for so long i have detested that system not just because it can troll on 100% success rate but because it do not allow what is known as character development  

normally when you level up you gain stats and new perks represented in the carts or they can be unlocked if you have another skill tree system  and the more you level up the more you get stronger but in the cosmo pot we have to tune to get the stats needed for the bots to function and have no relation to leveling up the bots whatsoever further more you are restricted by capa so time is frozen on you character and you can`t proceed any further unless you charge moar root !!!

in any RPG game you are rewarded for the effort you spent to level up your character or bot and upgrading it no matter what it was best example for this is Gundam dynasty warriors series at some point of the game you are forced to clear difficult missions using crap ass mass production suits only when you upgrade them by obtaining the highest rank parts they can even rival the strongest of gundams !!!

in short the C21 level up system is what we need and remove the Cosmo pot completely making the bots gain stats as they level up and the crafting system would be nice too it can further add to the customization of the bots  

this game is so focused on PVP only if you created new game modes the hatred tension will cease by allowing us to enjoy the game without having to deal with fags 24/7 for example dungeons

lastly an open world to explore and having a sort of Adventure mode would be fun and allowing the players to interact more with the game removing the contents and make CB a bare bone of it`s formal self won`t solve the issue

some great ideas i agree with you
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:18 am

Also unlock all the skin editing if you can
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 am

I never used my Proto and I'm still mad about it.

I was saving it and when I wanted to use it they just removed it. - -
Back to top Go down
Garmraid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Garmraid

Male Posts : 290

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:37 am

IMHO A private server is bound to fail.
Now with the main point out of my chest let me explain "why?"

*WARNING**WARNING**WARNING*HUGE "wall-o-text" under here*WARNING**WARNING**WARNING*

==================================================================
Online games NEEDS update/new contents to keep going, that's why we play,that's why we usually return...if CB would suddenly stop adding stuff the game would die in a month or less.(MORE IF they'd unlock everything in shop as ppl would get their "Holy grail/Waifu/whatever" level/tune and then QUIT.)
Other MMO/MMORPG ex. Watch ANY other MMORPG/MMO and you'll see,in deep:

MMORPG like WoW/Tera/RF/etc.etc: you usually play untill MAX level and/or MAX equip...MMORPGs become stale the moment you reach your max level/equip then you just derp around untill the next update/expansion.

Brawler/Action MMO like Warframe/Elsword/Rusty Heart/Grand Chase: SAME as MMORPG just you strive to unlock the char/blueprint/weapon you wish to play(WHEN needed) and then master him/her/it; all to keep following the story*IF there is one* and get new stuff to do, then it's back to wait for the next update/character/continuation of the story/plot*when there IS one*.

Let me give an even more detailed example:Said Rusty Hearts was a nice brawler game with a "Castlevaniaish" feel and a decent gameplay it DIED when the developer stopped updating it, leaving players with an unfinished story and absolutely nothing to do after hitting the level cap/clearing all dungeons; no matter that they unlocked all characters (the average player will just use the char he/she likes to do the above, then it's back to boredom).

In CB this is even MORE important MAX server activity is after the update/same goes for the forum here(C'mon we ALL know we check Jap CB news on Wednesday as soon as there are infos avaiable tongue) and this is why a Private server would be an almost sure disaster...can you sh*t 8 new units(moe/bots) every 2 weeks?Complete with new gimmicks here and there?Add new stuff in general?
The answer to all of the above is usually "NO". Then said private server would have like 20/30 players MAX online after the initial "outbreak", since as i said already everyone would(eventually) get what they want and then "GTFO"...coming back here and there just to check on their stuff/use it a bit, then go back to play the "new guy in town"

Levelling up to get stats? WHY bother? The cosmo pot IS needed,just make ALL "vanilla" tune 100% and i'm set.
Also as i said somewhere else remove Ex-tunes completely their way too broken...wanna play "S"? Then enjoy your "hi-mobility/small hitbox" and LOW Hp...Play "L"? Enjoy your "not-so-great mobility/larger hitbox" and HUGE Hp.

Other MMO/MMORPG ex.: Go play any online game like WoW/PW/RF/Requiem and a sh*tload more and you'll notice a HUGE difference between ppl with the same equip...and that beccause of shiny,shiny "enchants"/"gemming" and similars.
As for the Hp story just think at "S" as your "squishy clothie mage" and "L" as "your buffed platie war" (would be hilarious to see mages/squishy units with HUGE Hp & armor around)

All the idea like crafting,dungeons and others aren't really needed, IF i want to play a full COMPLEX/anime mech game with that stuff i'll play C21*sure some like me didn't go past making an account 'cause i hate NOT be able to understand sh*t but w/e*.

What everyone forgets to mention; "CB HORRIBLE community"  Cool : i see it happen all the times when there are newcomers; in a game you usually welcome them with open arms("welcome,enjoy your stay,this game may not be the greatest but we like it",etc.etc.) in CB we PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE("Go away, escape from this hell,do NOT EVEN START,GTFO,Welcome to hell, PAIN-MURDER-DESTRUCTION-CANCEEEEEEEER!*", and well all the rest...really just check the introductions topics tongue).

CB did one SMART move with the "order" system...what i can hope is that they extend it to ALL modes(Ex:Clear "X" mission in "Y" time or less,do "X" mission losing only "Y" BP,Kill "X" mobs in Arcantus,Claim "Z" treasure/treasure sets in Arcantus for "Y" nr. of times). Pretty much they are CB "Achievement system"/VR missions and you keep playing allured by the rewards.

sorry for the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooong post but i warned you before; didn't i? Wink

Last edited by Garmraid on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:55 am

Shill.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 4:36 am

Hyoka wrote:
Also unlock all the skin editing if you can

already did it but amount on skin database got bigger (tripled)
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 5:39 am

Doesn't matter: got skins
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:20 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:
>first point is removing humanoids.
yeah, I definitely would like to play of a server full of mecha fags who get butthurt over a design scheme that was there since the official srvice started <,<

So instead of Ivis everyhere, we get gaychinlet i every match? Like, how is that any better?

Just wanted to note that CB started with mech only. Even the starters, crimrose didnt even exist back then when the game first released and i do have screenshots. Im against Moes from a design standpoint, ever since they started doing it on CBJP it went against the whole theme. Actually in the beginning they were more acceptable but right now? its not even a robot/mech game anymore. We all know moes are there for profit, at the moment they take the gold spots whether they are OP or not, and more often than not they are broken. Cosmicbreak is supposed to be a sequel to C21, and it was like that in the beginning but not anymore. Another thing to note here and this is for everyone who says Mech are OP too, not here to argue against that since its nothing wrong but i believe the reason why Mech needs to be OP is to keep up with the power of the Moes they have been releasing. In other words i think that if it werent for Moes the game would've been at a much better state in terms of balance, but that is bullshit too since CS is known for breaking their games in the later stages of their life cycles (been with them enough to know.. ever since getamped). To sum it up moes do not fit in Cosmicbreak a sequel to C21, that was my opinion since the time they started releasing humans as bots (talking about the full humans). I also know this is an unpopular opinion, i have nothing against the people who enjoy their moes.. continue to have fun.  #em3 
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 am

So I guess it's best to take out moes that can break the game?
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:59 am

chicken rewards

c:

question can we remove union wars itself?

Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 am

Kuzuha wrote:
So I guess it's best to take out moes that can break the game?
No, by this point there is no point doing that unless you want to pull out the mechs who do too.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:36 am

The game has been unbalanced since the beginning, moes or not. Before Ivis, there was lasers and card arms, then there was EVE, then Fencer, then Sugoi girls and etc. If you remove one thing, they'll just go for the next top tier thing.
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 am

Yeah, that's the thing. You can be against humanoids as a design principle, that's fine, although you're by default on the losing side since CB explicitly switched its focus towards humanoid robots.

But you can't be against humanoids because they are overpowered. There are just as overpowered mecha around, and if anything mecha are more predisposed towards being broken, since they have a greater degree of customizability.

The reason some of the biggest players in arena are humanoids is that CS advertises with them and puts them in gold balls, and as such the company has an incentive to make them at least decently strong. If they decided to remove humanoids, there's no reason why their new top tier mecha wouldn't be just as powerful as the current arena staples.
Back to top Go down
Wisp
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Wisp

Male Posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

While we're on the subject of balance, I want to say a few words on having fun when playing the game. While CB is imbalanced to the point where some of the fun is taken away, I doubt that a perfectly balanced game would be much better. A game where everything is balanced will end up stale and boring, restricting the decisions a player has especially when it comes to strategies. What I'm saying is, if we were to balance the game, keep a few carefully crafted imbalances to keep things interesting. Not big things, but small subtle ones. They'll keep players engaged in the game, and deep down inside they'll enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 pm

CB had a perfect inbalance in the principle: AIR -> LND -> ART -> AIR

That is long gone now with the new "I don't care what you are and what I am" weapons
Back to top Go down
zeando
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zeando

Male Posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 am

Wisp wrote:
While we're on the subject of balance, I want to say a few words on having fun when playing the game. While CB is imbalanced to the point where some of the fun is taken away, I doubt that a perfectly balanced game would be much better. A game where everything is balanced will end up stale and boring, restricting the decisions a player has especially when it comes to strategies. What I'm saying is, if we were to balance the game, keep a few carefully crafted imbalances to keep things interesting. Not big things, but small subtle ones. They'll keep players engaged in the game, and deep down inside they'll enjoy it.

dunno, the starting point should be balanced as to say "see? you all start to run from the same starting line"
the results being balanced are an other thing
the complains i think comes from the feel that the start is not balanced, not the results (even if an unbalanced start brings naturally to an even more unbalanced result), which is not more interesting, just bad

having a balanced start is what gives value to the player's choices when they get better results than others
(=when the player manages to break the starting balance)

but i think the point is an other, people just don't want a balanced game, cause they fear they won't be able to be as "good" at it
or C$ just doesn't want their target audience to be rewarded for their choices, cause they know kids stop playing when they can't be cool(=winning) in a game
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 11:05 am

I'm more interested in when and how a Pserver can become a reality

So far I know it needs two servers: One for the lobby and one that handles the arena which players across all channels connect to

It also requires incredibru serverside things like the garaporn lists and rates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private Server Discussion   Private Server Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Private Server Discussion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next