Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a small guide in arena

Go down 
+7
beccadmgirl
Zwelivelle
Solryu
+RedCobra+
KoumakanScarlet
kyarashotgun
texasred
11 posters
AuthorMessage
texasred

Just a small guide in arena Empty
PostSubject: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 4:36 am

After battling in arenas using decent (not underlevelled, nor overpowered) such as Connie Sheriff, I found out that in battles, conditions apply. Here are the factors that determine conditions in arena :

1. Map. This includes Map size and Map structure, also the existence of Power Spot. No power spot = no exact position for medic to stay, which mean, medics will have to find a safe spot. (most players stay at PS, which makes it a good spot for medics to do their job)
2. Number and types of bots in the battle. More air or land bots in the opposing team will cause different advantages and disadvantages than more artillery and support on that team.
3. Miscellaneous. This includes the type of objects in the map, is it a normal destroyable totem or is it a map containing meta cactuses? The number of the objects determine the conditions too.

When playing in arena, you gotta think about your position, advantages, disadvantages, risk, and many more. Let me explain it.

1. Position : if you're an air unit, you'll have to plan when to land to recharge your booster, and choose a safe spot to do so. You won't want to land on a spot which is too close to your enemy's territory.
2. Advantages, disadvantages, risks : how overpowered your bot is, for example : Eris, you can't just go ramboing blindly. you'll have to plan your attack route, which is filled with artilleries for the best result (advantage), and if airs are coming to help those arts, you have to escape (disadvantage). This is much better than keep cramming on your enemy's territory filled with airs that are trying to gangbang you.
3. Item possession : items may come in handy and will help you get out of gangbang attempts by your enemies, or to create an opening before ramboing or attacking someone that's stronger than you. For example, fire pillar, it can break enemy's defense easily so you can attack safely. Hurricane blow is also good, especially when you're gangbanged; you can just throw that hurricane directly to one of your enemy that's raeping you (in case the raepist is raeping you from the front) and escape, or maybe you can counter-rape! Cool  

Conditions :

1. Pressing. A successful Press will hold your enemies' position, or even make 'em retreat, and will decrease the opposing team's BP. On the other side, if your team fail, enemies will counter and your team will lose a bunch of BP. So, make sure your team has enough power to press and hold.
2. Healing. When a medic deploys his repair bit, most player with low hp will retreat immediately and heal. Those players will stay and heal until their HP is full again. While they're healing, the force on the front line of the team is weakened, making it possible for your enemies to press. Make sure there're some players staying on the front line covering the "patients" and the medics.
3. Halting. In my opinion, this has to be done in the beginning of a match for the best result. In halting, a player (usually with an OP or rambo bot, such as Ivis and Eris) goes alone to enemy's territory and attack 'em head on all alone. This will cause enemies to take care of the halter and mostly, this will cause them to advance late. When halting, the halter will (usually) kill 1 to 3 players, which is quite helpful. Halting can be followed by pressing to get the best result. If halting is not followed by a press, the halter won't be able to escape easily.
4. Retreating. Retreating (solo) when your HP is still high (at least above 50%), will make your enemies lazy and stop chasing you, because they're not sure if they can kill you before you reach your team's territory. Retreating when your HP is low (below 50% i think), will make your enemies pumped to chase you, of course because they're sure they can kill you before you can reach your team's territory. Retreating with your team will cause your enemies chasing your team, unless you have at least one player that can cover you while you and your team is retreating. Retreating (with team) will be followed by a press by your enemies.
5. Solo rambo. Just a standard solo ramboing to kill low HP bots or dish out some damage. Some ends with death, but some ramboer can escape (usually with low HP).
6. Farming. No medic in a team will cause farming. Low HP players will retreat and try farming repair kits from objects. Because of this, the front line is weakened, making it possible for enemies to press.

This is just a guide based on my experiences, and this guide is not perfect. I feel there're some things still missing from this guide, so feel free to make corrections or add some more info. Thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 am

While everything you have posted may be common knowledge (at least to people with an actual brain), I see a nice layout, the English is easy to read, and the information isn't useless and off-topics.

Good guide.
Back to top Go down
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:39 am

Simple and useful. Not to mention it's nicely written! Overall, it's a nice guide.
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 7:57 am

A+. Basketball  nice guide.

Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 12:17 pm

You forgot to add teamwork in regards to 'item sharing'. Many a times I've seen idiots steal hp heal items when right next to them is a low hp team mate. Not give drugs to Healers/Aurabots (Very common) and ammo packs to shooters when they themselves are melee are the most common.
Back to top Go down
Zwelivelle
Zwelivelle

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Good guide Very Happy
I want to add a bit about "Repairing".

1. Since the front line weakened while the team repairing, it is wise for some of team member which still capable to keep the front line. They may retreat while firing if necessary or guarding around the PS repelling the attacking force that want to halt the repairing process.

2. DO not destroy those tree if your team has an active Repairer. Unless you don't want to be repaired as quick as possible. Repairer need to destroy those trees to fill their repair bit gauge.

3. While under the repair bit, keep your eyes on FC Seraphs, or incoming melees. In case it is a melee, break the formation and try your best not too close to each other. If this is success, you can start to hunt down the attacker. It would be a raep party. There must be someone that got the melee back from his position, thus it usually you're close to PS while repairing to take advantage the Hyper Shot. If the break is too late, some melee such as Eris can mow down 4 bots at once with her single swing, it would be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
texasred

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Solryu wrote:
You forgot to add teamwork in regards to 'item sharing'. Many a times I've seen idiots steal hp heal items when right next to them is a low hp team mate. Not give drugs to Healers/Aurabots (Very common) and ammo packs to shooters when they themselves are melee are the most common.

I totally forgot about this lol, sorry. I rarely see those kind of people though. But lemme add a lil' bit.

In my opinion, conditions also apply in Item Sharing. For example, there are 2 players with low HP farming for repair kits. After all objects in their territory are destroyed, they find only 1 repair kit. In this condition, they have to prioritize : which one will get the repair kit? To prioritize, here are example of the conditions that apply :

1. Is your team getting pressed? If yes, the player that can help countering the press should be getting the repair kit. You can tell by looking at the players' bots and how they play.
2. Is your team pressing? If yes, the player that can help pressing should be getting the repair kit.

For example :

I'm using Connie and my friend is using Diana, both with low HP, and the team is being pressed. We found only 1 repair kit. We can see that Diana is more feared than Connie and can counter the press easier. In this case, I have to let my friend take the repair kit first or give it to him if I have it with me.

Quite simple, but every people should know this (I bet everyone already know this though, but I believe some newbies don't) because item sharing is fatal, since item can change the tide of battle too.
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:14 am

texasred wrote:
I totally forgot about this lol, sorry. I rarely see those kind of people though.
Exactly. I've lost a game before when a selfish asshat with full hp took my hp item when I was on red. got FCed and lost the game, both sides on low battle points. Every people should know this but I've seen way too many high ranking veterans included doing this. I distribute my items appropriately all the time so I dunno why there are so many of these people that lack a brain nowadays. Lemme assume, people don't know this or are dumbasses with kiddie brains. But yeah its more common with the newbies but I can forgive that just a little bit.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 12:34 am

Well, I'm sure you haven't played enough to see people piller/tunnel you to steal items you farmed and needed. (once I was on 15~ hp and that pillar actually killed me). My basic principle for farming is:
i hit tree 1st, its my tree. You hit tree first I'll find another. If you piller me to get a drop, be prepared to be barbequed whenever i get a pillar from then on.

Also add abit to your healing part. Even if there's a PS, if your team have clear advantage and pushing opponents back, DON'T CAMP THE PS. Injured coming all the way back to heal will like you've said weaken the front line. So ditch the PS, move midfield with a safe distance from the front line. If your team can have more than 1 support, have a healer + musician, or healer + burst bit

Another point. Radio messages are there to help people who don't voice chat to coordinate better. DON'T FREAKING SPAM IT. If you're healer, only send out "repairing" messages AFTER you're ready to heal, else you're just pulling people off the front line for no reason
Back to top Go down
Electric
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Electric

Female Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:31 am

isn't this just stuff you pick up by playing.
Back to top Go down
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
exoakutsu

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 1:40 am

Electric wrote:

It is. But nonetheless, it is a pretty darn good guide that I would suggest others to look at.
Back to top Go down
Solryu

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 am

beccadmgirl wrote:

i hit tree 1st, its my tree. You hit tree first I'll find another.
I don't care which tree. I make sure I take/steal the item and then distribute properly. Saves me the hassle of dealing with idiots who don't know how.
Back to top Go down
texasred

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 4:44 am

Solryu wrote:
beccadmgirl wrote:
i hit tree 1st, its my tree. You hit tree first I'll find another.
I don't care which tree. I make sure I take/steal the item and then distribute properly. Saves me the hassle of dealing with idiots who don't know how.

I personally think of the tree as a WB charger. No matter who destroys the tree, all I care is about what item drops from the tree and how my teammates and I distribute 'em lol. There's no such thing as  "I hit that tree first, the tree and the item should be mine".

If an idiot steals the item and doesn't distribute it properly, let's just ignore him, since this is just a game. Just don't sweat it :3
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:56 am

exoakutsu wrote:
Electric wrote:

It is. But nonetheless, it is a pretty darn good guide that I would suggest others to look at.

+1
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:30 am

Electric wrote:
True, but commu wouldn't be commu if this were common sense in cbin the first place.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 11:50 am

ahh.... people didn't understand my point.... when i farm, there are always 2/4 people chase after me and then stand around the tree i'm farming ready to bump/tunnel/torch my pepen away and grab the loot. Like i will distribute the things i don't need/other need when i see fit, but when i farm, i like to be left in peace and don't have to worry about crap thieves
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a small guide in arena   Just a small guide in arena Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a small guide in arena
Page 1 of 1