Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?

Go down 
+13
Midreus
Trill
Mew
Nymph~
tehprognoob
fggt
Charz
Zwiebel Force
Aurum_Sol
UncleBobbie
IncuSlave
Suguri
JadeCicada
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 12:09 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
Charz wrote:
all true i have a Resha but i keep my mouth shut about her cuz the massive trolling i would gain if i dragged her in the subject as if i am playing with either a shame or criminal tool i am really not surprised that there are no build or game play guide for her on this forum and koi never bothered to post his/her build

back to topic my build for mai is criticized for having low walk and i think i will solve this in the future but you have to know that this is a suicide melee after all it`s aim to destroy an ART moe even if i am going out with critical HP as a side note i keep some medical kits for that propose

one final thing to say mai is flexible in terms of weaponry customization so i don`t mind putting
a Pierce gun on her and others don`t have to be stubborn about other choices and who knows it may bring wonders

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 Haruka_Langit

Have fun trying! <3

oh yes i will so don`t cry when you see the painful counter attacks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:53 pm

I still don't see a video of Charz and his MBG in the arena.

@Charz - Please be sure you record the match in a Shuffle room with at least 10 people on each team.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:12 pm

JadeCicada wrote:
Trying to figure a usable approach for what to carry on a Mighty Byne Girl.

Melee weapons can combo into pilebunkers, but not the other way around, which is fine enough pre-purge (since you only get one punch in that state). But post-purge, it feels like most any other Land would make better use of having any melee weapon useful enough to use over the pilebunker combo, so it feels very wasteful at that point. Same with non-combo melee weapons - another bot would probably do a better job.

Which leaves mostly shields and some manner of gun. Two shields + purge at start is something I hear as a common enough tactic, but are their viable options for, say, carrying only one shield and a projectile of some sort? Not so much to try and cover all bases (which really just means you fall short on all bases), but just to have some option before you can get into melee range. If so, what direction should I go with a gun? Something long-range to keep some fair damage on the approach to melee? Something to counter the less mobile airs at some level of range? Something that just smarts enough to provoke people to closing in on you?

Assume any kind of freedom for weapon choice - I don't have any Rt to spare at the moment, but I'd like to hear options both UC and Rt/Gara that could work (if it is, indeed, feasible to use a gun), just to get a sense of how to approach the strategy.

Since this topic has gotten way out of hand, I'll try and rerail it

I'd say about your main choices will be
-Handy Magnum
-Cheerpom/Fireflower
-Buckler
-Handy Bazooka
-Nothing (this is okay, depending on your level of tuning. If you don't plan on going fullout autist, you can probably be a bit more efficient by dropping a Cheerpom possibly)

Fun builds (or less serious ones) would include
-Haku Staff
-Barbarian Claws (these are fun)
-Hyperspinner (works suprisingly well unpurged)
-Peirce Gun
-Combat Gatling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Lol, go troll people with a seemingly unactivated Kamui Staff.

Invisible blade is just lulz.
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Or just give it a Blank Staff ww
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Charz wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
Charz wrote:
all true i have a Resha but i keep my mouth shut about her cuz the massive trolling i would gain if i dragged her in the subject as if i am playing with either a shame or criminal tool i am really not surprised that there are no build or game play guide for her on this forum and koi never bothered to post his/her build

back to topic my build for mai is criticized for having low walk and i think i will solve this in the future but you have to know that this is a suicide melee after all it`s aim to destroy an ART moe even if i am going out with critical HP as a side note i keep some medical kits for that propose

one final thing to say mai is flexible in terms of weaponry customization so i don`t mind putting
a Pierce gun on her and others don`t have to be stubborn about other choices and who knows it may bring wonders

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 Haruka_Langit

Have fun trying! <3

oh yes i will so don`t cry when you see the painful counter attacks
That doesn't seem to be the most efficient way of building Mai-Chan.
Mai revolves around comboing the enemy to submission while at the same time, completely decimating her targets with ease though high pilebunker damage.
To do this, you must get close to your opponent first. When Mai gets into close range, then damage starts to rack up and she's able to get a kill. But without high speed, you're going to have a tough time hitting the opponent, much less actually get into the fight itself. This makes Mai much more prone to counter attacks herself and makes her a much more easier target to hit.
The metagame does revolve a lot around movement. 38 fly air and high wlk lnds and arts will be enormously common in a standard match. With a low wlk mai, your suicide mission will all be for naught if you cant even chase down your enemies. Sure you can hit them with Combat Gatlings but with that low tec and speed, you will be heavily out DPS'd by other units.

Although mine has been suited with 3 great grappler tunes, I hit incredibly hard and painfully, but at the sacrifice of being unable to chase down my opponent which a 3 high glad mai is capable of doing, like yours.
This makes Mai more difficult to kill things with because she is unable to track down opponents well.
However, I compliment this by giving my mai wonder bits to aid to combo and stun ability while giving her an incredibly fast tier boost run to slide behind enemy lines and punching people into small bits. This increase in speed gives mai a huge advantage, making her more of an assassin character rather than a combo character. When one punch deals about 80+ damage to an art, you get that fun satisfaction. Especially when that damage comes from your punch that wasnt purged.

Anyways, back onto weapons for Mai, you could definately use pierce guns or handy mags for extra tunes. Generally, weapons for Mai won't be strong unless you invest in tec and don't bother to use her melee. Anything with small amounts of force with rapid fire should be able to be a strong contender for Mai as well. (Like Charz stated, a combat gatling is a nice addition)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3