Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?

Go down 
+13
Midreus
Trill
Mew
Nymph~
tehprognoob
fggt
Charz
Zwiebel Force
Aurum_Sol
UncleBobbie
IncuSlave
Suguri
JadeCicada
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? Empty
PostSubject: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:33 pm

Trying to figure a usable approach for what to carry on a Mighty Byne Girl.

Melee weapons can combo into pilebunkers, but not the other way around, which is fine enough pre-purge (since you only get one punch in that state). But post-purge, it feels like most any other Land would make better use of having any melee weapon useful enough to use over the pilebunker combo, so it feels very wasteful at that point. Same with non-combo melee weapons - another bot would probably do a better job.

Which leaves mostly shields and some manner of gun. Two shields + purge at start is something I hear as a common enough tactic, but are their viable options for, say, carrying only one shield and a projectile of some sort? Not so much to try and cover all bases (which really just means you fall short on all bases), but just to have some option before you can get into melee range. If so, what direction should I go with a gun? Something long-range to keep some fair damage on the approach to melee? Something to counter the less mobile airs at some level of range? Something that just smarts enough to provoke people to closing in on you?

Assume any kind of freedom for weapon choice - I don't have any Rt to spare at the moment, but I'd like to hear options both UC and Rt/Gara that could work (if it is, indeed, feasible to use a gun), just to get a sense of how to approach the strategy.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:47 pm

I've seen most MBG playstyles at some point now, and I can pretty safely say you shouldn't be trying to go hybrid. Typically speaking a melee MBG should have 0 tec, and a gunner MBG would avoid armor purging until all her armor's broken - meaning she won't be meleeing until she's already taken a beating, at which point you wouldn't want to be in melee range anyway.

If you're going melee MBG use some combination of pompoms/fireflowers/bucklers. If you're thinking about being different and making a gunner hopper MBG the usual good LND hopper weapons apply (pierce gun, ballista mod, handy bazooka, etc).
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Wasn't somebody using a rang at some point?
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? Ls24_a

Pompom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 pm

Most common weapon choices are 2x Buckler and Handy Bazooka + Buckler.

I've personally experimented with Handy Bazooka + Buckler, and it did very low damage (with only 1TEC and all) So I'd just say go pure melee with 2x Bucklers.

Though Pompom/Fireflowers are alright too, just for the slots and + 1WLK but they offer you no protection. You should be able to fit 2 CV tunes if you put two of them on your MBG.

Or you could slap on a low cost gun on her so you can farm cacti.
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 5:35 pm

So, in review...

Carrying a gun for anti-air on a melee build is pointless - you can either chase easy enough with your pilebunker (especially post-purge), or you should do the smart thing and run away to your allies who could take down the air. A second buckler gives you better protection, a pompom-type gives you more cart capacity. At best, a Handy Mag could give you a usable gun (and lockon!) while maintaining low capacity, but the value is questionable at best.

In a cactus stage situation... I'd probably leave farming to someone else rather than process a gun just for that, I would figure.

I don't actually know much about how the battle boomerang works, so I'm unaware of how well it'd function. No one seems to use them or have much to comment on them.

Because MBG's TEC is so low (5 base before the BS and ACs added), a Gunner build is... trying. Trying to max out TEC costs you too much in the WLK department. Two guns won't be very effective as a result, might as well improve defense or stat. I decided to play around with the calc to try and see just the general area that her stats can be placed. Because her TEC is so low to start, I opted for a balanced STR/TEC and focused on making her WLK at least decently high instead. I didn't really assign slots for optimal success rates, figured that'd be after the tune set was finished.

I know there are better directions to be made (Cute Beret > Toybox Gear, sub Broad Radar for a much cheaper cart like Blast Guard, use Froglander BS to avoid need for capa cart, less costly gun choice that still has decent force to make shooting it worth it, Cheer Pom-Pom instead of Buckler to focus on stat, etc.), part of this was part aesthetic and part experimentation just to see where stats can generally lie and have some kind of (exceedingly wonky) baseline to start from.

On a Whim:

Last edited by JadeCicada on Thu May 17, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

JadeCicada wrote:

despite this being a necro i will just say: why dont you go for quickboost if your going for boostrun+shortboost? it speeds her up above most normal boostrunners due to less "downtime"
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:22 pm

It may be a bit necromantic, but I was never really finished with this thread to begin with. It's been something more of a "pending progress". I digress, though.

Quick Boost is a fair choice, I tend to overlook it too much. It's 20 cost, so I would get 30 capa back if I replace Broad Radar (could shoot for 36 WLK breakpoint with 2 High Run, or could run two Sentinel to get more HP and also hit the next Stun Regain TGH breakpoint). That actually sounds pretty good either way.

I might consider replacing Stun Regain instead (Broad Radar keeps me aware of incoming danger and also helps avoid charging into a bad ambush, which can go a long way to survivability over equivalently 11 TGH Stun Regain), but then I'd need to squeeze in an extra 5 capa somewhere (Mini Lily instead of Ace of Hearts, or swap the High Run for a High Run Alpha, either way yields the same net loss of 1 Fly). From just a general perspective, keeping Stun Regain over Broad Radar seems more effective but it really depends on the execution of tactics.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 6:48 pm

If you are patient enough to take this long on a build I'd recommand you to forget about those Sentinel tunes and spam Dispatch till you got enough for EX High TGH or something (not sure about the Alpha or Beta versions).
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:35 pm

JadeCicada wrote:
It may be a bit necromantic, but I was never really finished with this thread to begin with. It's been something more of a "pending progress". I digress, though.

well, in that case it might be noteworthy that boostrun breakpoints are |= normal run breakpoints, you can find charts for both somewhere in the guide stickys
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
If you are patient enough to take this long on a build I'd recommand you to forget about those Sentinel tunes and spam Dispatch till you got enough for EX High TGH or something (not sure about the Alpha or Beta versions).

If I went the EX Tune route (lacking the right bots for any of the higher level dispatches, this'll take me a while, but as you note, I'm a very patient person ^^), it would be most effective to replace the Tank as well. An EX High tune gives the same HP and cost as a stat/HP tune, but gives one more stat point.

Basically, by replacing the Tank, and then covering the bonus 30 capa from replacing Broad Radar, that'd let me hit both the 36 WLK breakpoint, and the 16 TGH breakpoint, while gaining 45 total HP. Pretty snazzy. If I'm going down the full gunner route, you're right, though - I should be able to commit to the effort for a couple Ex tunes and make it serious.

Aurum_Sol wrote:
well, in that case it might be noteworthy that boostrun breakpoints are |= normal run breakpoints, you can find charts for both somewhere in the guide stickys

I completely forgot about this. I originally had Blast Guard instead of Boost Run, so I built looking at the normal Walk/Run breakpoints, but then I forgot to update for that when I switched to Boost Run.

I'm square in the middle of yellow-tier. If this is still accurate (I keep hearing conflicting stories with regards to that +1 WLK thing), then orange breakpoints are at 38.1, 37.2, and 36.4. These aren't realistic to hit without either overpenalizing TEC, sacrificing TGH, or getting more Capa tunes to balance changing High Tech Beta to High Tech Alpha.

However, of note, the yellow tier boost run starts at 33.1 - this means I could actually chop down a bit on the WLK tunes to make space for other stuff - namely a few EX Tunes (1 STR to hit a Pilebunker breakpoint as 19/18 shouldn't be a significant difference from 18/18, then 2 TGH since the stun reduction and damage reduction improvement is probably the most visible improvement to dump the remaining two stats). Quick Boost ideally gives a significant advantage to staying in Boost Run, so losing the walking-speed breakpoint is going to not be a problem.

Alternatively, with one additonal Capa tune (more bonus capa, no TGH penalty, and I have more of the required mats already in possession), I could actually squeeze in Broad Radar. Booyah.

Here's what the revised versions would look like based on both your help (now with slightly better spacing on them tune placements).

Stun Regain version:

Broad Radar version:

I sold Suguri all of my Generic Elements, though. Welp, gotta start farming up those dispatch points at some point, anyway.

I'm still at a cross. I feel that the Stun Regain version probably will perform better in battle more often, even if Broad Radar can save my bacon. So I would probably go for the Stun Regain version. Well, Nei always was the team's actual scout, anyway.

Last edited by JadeCicada on Thu May 17, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Apparently left an EX Boost instead of an EX Tough. Whoops.)
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:11 am

the problem with a MBG is her low TEC when it comes to hand held long range weapons

and her poor range in melee Attacks to fix this you will need more powerful weapons to

compensate for this for example i use combat Gatling it score 70 damage on airs 60 on arts

and 40 on land which is good compared to how screwed up her TEC is as for melee she is

pretty powerful but only if you manage to catch some one which is difficult to solve this i

use kamui staff on her this weapon is powerful and have good range with it i score 110

damage per hit on ARTS 70 on airs and 53 on land the only penalty for this is that you will

have less capacity for tune ups to spare i tuned only for STR and TGH and the results is as follow

parts mighty Byne girl default parts
cost 1195
capa1205
HP 401
STR 25
TEC 4
WLK 16
FLY 8
TGH 25
level 10
as for cartidges
blast guard
shell guard
sword guard
sway
accessories
mini ivis
mighty Byne gear
tune up materials
x25 cosmo harmon delta
x20 slot protector omega
x20 hidora cosmos
x 50 phisical stone
x 23 hard plate

this build is the best when it comes to hurr durr melee rush if you tanked her you will not

need bucklers and her byne armor is a bonus plus you will be able to break apart auto play

combos such as Aila melee combos i felt really exited when this actually worked plus a

punch in her face at the end of the combo when you play using this siting you will rain your

opponents with bullets at a distance and rape them withe Kamui staff when they get near

and this is the game plan this method always net me game warrior score at the end of the match hope this help
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:36 am

what the hell did i just read?
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:39 am

Charz wrote:
Spoiler:

>poor range in melee
>kamui staff
>no dot/comma

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? 560782_394680903895641_201872406509826_1213308_218153291_n
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 9:55 am

this build may sound strange or even funny or even stupid but it netted results at least for me and stop treating me like i don`t understand a thing
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:33 am

Charz wrote:
this build may sound strange or even funny or even stupid but it netted results at least for me and stop treating me like i don`t understand a thing

okok, i will stop treating you like this now ... if you start understanding >anything<
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:26 am

>Kamui Staff

>Kamui Staff

Kamui Staff

>16 WLK MELEE LND

>No C. Veil

>No radar

>SWAY

Here's what I might do. Granted, I was never a LND player, but this is the basic thing I'd do

I left out weapon tunes and gave you 70 Capa to do it with. Get 40 STR and yellow tier boostrun, no capa tunes, radar, Revenge: C. Veil:
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:51 am

lolz, da pilebunker already strong enuff as is, and range/tracking is good, no need other sub
mine have 0 tec (-12 to be exact), and still bring 3(s) handy magnum+buckler. once in a match, I netted 3 frag using dat zero tec handmag

curent stat is 40 str/0tec/36 walk/2fly/18 TGH with BR,shortboost,SR,SwordG, CV, regular grap, gladiator and still have 40-ish capa left (I stupidly tune High Capa on her, means it's 5 cost and + 1 tgh if I remove da capa tune)
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:09 pm

My MBG (if I had my old acc back.)

Used...

Pierce Gun and 3x Glad tunes.

This was before Initium though.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Mew wrote:

Used...

mine uses 3 high glads, wouldnt want it any other way anymore, tried various builds for mbg but 3x high glad simply has that "oomph" (and it seriously endangers airs, too :D)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyFri May 18, 2012 6:45 pm

3x Great Grappler because I punch first and talk later.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:23 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Mew wrote:

Used...

mine uses 3 high glads, wouldnt want it any other way anymore, tried various builds for mbg but 3x high glad simply has that "oomph" (and it seriously endangers airs, too Very Happy)

GOOD LORD.

Glad tunes isi the real way to play MBG.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptySat May 19, 2012 8:42 am

LXE wrote:
3x Great Grappler because I punch first and talk later.

yeah, 3x great grappler is good for people that punch first and talk later, i agree with you.
why? because the punch will be dodged and thus you can start talking after punching.
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 12:39 pm

3x H.Glad Pilebunker has superb chasing, it's a major threat to airs, and basically it replaces the "range advantage" that a Kamui Staff gives while giving spare capa and not docking your stats in the process. The only time Kamui Staff would work better is if you were diving into a crowd and trying to abuse its AoE to hit tons of people for score, which is kind of a waste of a good melee bot like MBG.

High TGH melee MBG could be built better off of tehprog's build without having wasted capa on the Kamui Staff / Combat Gatling. Tanking the TEC with some High Power Alpha tunes instead of High Power/Power tunes frees up 2 more slots and 10 more capa, which is enough to fit in 5 High Tough tunes to hit 26 TGH. Though, not having any weapon tunes with only one primary weapon, seems kinda poor in practice, so it would probably be wise to sub in some of those TGH tunes for at least a Glad, H.Glad, or plain ol' Grap.

Back on the gunner type, since held weapons on a melee build are pretty hard-defined at this point.

Thinking about options other than Pierce Gun, in part because I lack a Pierce Gun but also just to see what all else are options. Keeping all the other tunes, I have 150 capa to spare for the gun if I don't lose the Buckler.

Grabbing from what I've seen in various Garas, I could use some advice both on those who know these weapons, as well as other alternatives. I'll note that I've never played a traditional hopping gunner, so I don't know what the "traditional hopper guns" are other than those Suguri mentioned (which I included here).

• Handy Zook - I find these great on other bots, but with only 150 ammo per zook, a second one would be necessary for any prolonged fight.
  • Ballista Shooter - I don't even have enough capa with the capa tune, but seeing as it also gives horrible stat penalties on top of the high cost, I can't see a build around it working without penalizing stats too much.
  • Cross Shooter - This should really be going on an Alpha Air, not on my MBG. It would be pretty handy (fires fast, lots of ammo, very low cost, boosts TEC), perhaps, but I'd probably want to use a different weapon and save this for a good Air.
  • Pump Gun - It boosts WLK, costs less, hits harder, and because it's pretty hard to get rid of that STR, the bullet size would be pretty fancy. I've never used a Pump Gun before, though, so I have no idea how it'd fare in practice.
  • Combat Gatling - It is a reliable gun as far as S-usable gatlings are concerned. Not sure how it'd perform on a hopper, though.
  • Circuit Breaker - Gimmicky, a bit, but non-Victory breaker users are rare, and S ones are rarer still. Extremely low cost, though, and has pretty similar stats as the Pierce Gun with the obvious difference of being a blast weapon instead of a piercing shell weapon. Beyond Force, could fit two High Shooters, or a High Shooter and a Breaker with 25 capa to spare. Plus, fires in sync with the Dual Rifle Bits.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:14 pm

try this

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?   Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl? Empty

Back to top Go down

Held weapon choices on a Mighty Byne Girl?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next