Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build Empty
PostSubject: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:29 pm

I've been checking MBG A for a while, or Hook Girl as i like to her call her sometimes, and playing on the calculator for a bit, and have arrived at a possible build, although i have my doubts on it.

Spoiler:

A few points of why i chose this setting:

- I took a great capa over a normal capa because having a zero-tgh BS would give her 17 tgh, so letting her be at 16 would reach a stun regain breakpint while having enought tgh for tough runner to run under enemy fire. If choosing Short Boost over Tough Runner would have to be done, i'd had to start the recipie from scratch, since a lot of status on her are connected for the role.

- 33 str is a good common point for all 3 weapons: pilebunker, hook and piercegun, according to the CosmicCalc. Putting a slow tune on the hook sounded a good idea for me, beause slowing the target would make the hook lock easier to do and harder for the target to escape (until CV/Clearance triggers, that is), and the hook can hit/pull multiple targets in its double strike, so chances of a slow proc would increase. The Great Rapid gives the bullets a good 410+ speed. (Just as a info, the pompom will interfere with the attack combo, but the pilebunker will still be avainable as your "E" if you're currently using the hook sub with the pompom present).

I don't know if Tough Runner & C.V. are bad to have together, among other things. And i'm not sure if not having Short Boost on her is a bad thing, even though the jumps could interfere with Tough Runner scratch

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:41 pm

Go negative TEC and get 40STR and put on Dual Spike bits.

I'd suggest remove that slow tune, you're not going to hit enough for it to be effective.

Chuck on short boost.

Last edited by LXE on Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Slow-tuning a one-hit weapon that already causes another status effect - and only x1 slow at that - is highly, highly questionable.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:34 pm

If you dip TEC you can probably 40 STR w/o Capacity tune, also freeing up the LG slot for a 2nd CV (I don't find one too reliable; two seems to be the sweet # for me).

And yeah, remove the Slow. Not sure whether MBG-A would benefit more from a Gladiator or a Grappler, but even stat tunes would probably be more beneficial than the one slow.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:59 pm

Right, so slow on the pilebunker is out of the question, but i guess the hook's still in question, since it give double hits (Edit: double ranged hits) on multiple opponents.

Also, it seems that leaving tgh at 16 with tough runner seems legit. Maybe going for negative tec on the run tunes will get enough capa to allow the second C.V. then.

I'll give it a go on the calculator then tomorrow, but i have to leave a question regarding this: hopping won't let tough runner's resistance stay during the jumps, right? Or does it counts too for the cartridge?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Gerrion wrote:
I'll give it a go on the calculator then tomorrow, but i have to leave a question regarding this: hopping won't let tough runner's resistance stay during the jumps, right? Or does it counts too for the cartridge?
Tough Runner applies to the rising portion of hops, but not the falling portion.
Back to top Go down
/dev/random
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 pm

The pierce gun is TEC based. I have 27 str 1 tec and it does 18 dmg. Exactly fitting in the tec dmg table.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Short Boost is considered walking/running as long as you're on the ascent, easily seen if you use a Vanguard Fencer's combo from a Short Boost. You'll combo in the air as opposed to on the drop.

That being said, I would still personally almost always take Short Boost over Tough Runner if I had to choose one.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Thanks for the insights everyone!

I've made a better build on what you shared, removing the slow from her pilebunker while adding CV and Short Boost without a care for TEC.

Saddly, the STR remained at 33, but it's a nice value, alhtough lower than the max. And i believe a few EX tunes to raise her HPs would be also needed, i believe.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Gerrion on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Im not sure if boost run have any effect when fly is 1... you can go with just the 36 wlk, that is good to dodge air attacks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:08 pm

36/1 Boost run? scratch
Ninja'd.

Maybe you could drop Boost run for the other capa cart, and possibly dropping that capa tune.
If not, Short boost maybe?
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Ops, i meant Short Boost, not Boost Run.

Misclicked the Calc, sorry XP

Edit: fixing done. Luckly, both Boost Run and Short Boost cost the same Capa on MBG A.
Do say what you think of it though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build   Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build Empty

Back to top Go down

Mighty Byne Girl A : a possible build
Page 1 of 1