Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.

Go down 
+8
ziix
reVelske
LS3
tehprognoob
Suguri
God is a Cat Girl
Trill
hatsuharo
12 posters
AuthorMessage
hatsuharo
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Female Posts : 144

Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. Empty
PostSubject: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:11 pm

Well first off like any hardcore gamer, once i get into a particular game i try to commit the crime of making my fellow gamers join me, and usualy addicting em in the process.

I set up a few basic bots for this friend of mine and had him play em(all UC stuff), the one he liked the most was this basic destructor with priestol parts and a zook/viper.(All i could set up for the starting budget players get.) So i'm currently researching for good budget bots off the RT shop(Amateus, Saggi, Sturbanger and Toybox comes to mind) to get him with the RT conversion thingie, so he can get further hooked into it.

Found some guides for each of these bots but the newest one was dated jun 2011, meta has changed alot since then and will prob change again next week, so here i'm posting something new. Not looking for something to top the charts with, which is pretty unlikely with the mindset of this game(as in, topping the charts with something not obtained from gara.), but looking for something a new player can enjoy, could say something that does not require a whole lot of skill to play but that has room for improvement maybe?

Still researching and brainstorming but i'd really appreciate insights from more experienced players.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:15 pm

Standard Destructor (Anti-Air Missles) with Thoarla LG(Thoarla from UC>RT monies) + Accel AM's is probably the best UC art setup. Tune for fly (28 is a good number to aim for) and get shortboost. Rapid tunes on the preferrably Large Bazooka.

If he likes it enough he could buy a Maril March for her booster and arms. Her core itself is nice aswell.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Trill wrote:
Standard Destructor (Anti-Air Missles) with Thoarla LG(Thoarla from UC>RT monies) + Accel AM's is probably the best UC art setup. Tune for fly (28 is a good number to aim for) and get shortboost. Rapid tunes on the preferrably Large Bazooka.

If he likes it enough he could buy a Maril March for her booster and arms. Her core itself is nice aswell.

Or go super poorfag and use Katana Max LG because it's that easy to get them, and really small (the only downsides are low HP and no tgh bonus).
Also, you can get 34 fly with that setup without much effort me thinks, though you won't be able to tune much tec.
Mine holds a LL bulk Blast and a viper shield (all parts are UC, only the weapon isn't), and even when doing bad tunes, it still got 34 fly which is really nice.

Certainly not the best, but it's poorfag build, that needs very little RT, easy to tune, no tunes on the LG which is RT, but the BS might not be easy to get if it can't be sold on bazaar, though 1s is on UC gara. Even then, with some adjustments you can change the BS's for something else and still have free capa. There's 55 free capa (not 60 as it says) for whatever (like another rapid on the zooka since it still looks slow).
Zooka was tuned like that to keep the ammo, and even then, there's still plenty of capa. ACC were used to have more slots to tune and they are easy to get (you don't actually get those earrings, you get the flower pop thing) and helps you use tunes that have higher %.
Just explaining that because it was put up really fast without thinking much besides "easy to tune, cheap to put together", even though the BS is what makes it more expensive, but like I said, it's easily changeable. It's not meant to be GREAT, but you can still do pretty well with it.

I picked up 1 EIW but Destructor can live without them. I saw people using at least 1 before, but IMO, it's dispensable if you want to pick something else. (I use a level 6 Destructor on regular arena, with 0 EIW and I still hit people with the AA missiles and get at least top 10.)
Carts can be changed since there's still capa anyway. Though you really should keep short boost.
Spoiler:

I also 22 is the tgh breakpoint, and 20 isn't one? I forget now since there is some that are right after another.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:16 pm

LBaz + Viper destructor is actually a great build. Sanzeinga was using one last clan tournament all the way through to the finals. Destructor's got one of the best cores statwise in the game, period (though cart selection is a bit lacking...)

If you're looking at Rt shop cores...Amateus and Hoverion make for good Ballistic Launcher platforms, especially paired with force barrier (highly recommend accele roll for hoverion; optional on Amateus since he has hopper playstyle available for him). Victorl I-SR is an amazing core, but aside from Large Bazooka you don't have very many worthwhile non-gara options for him (the arm sucks, don't listen to anyone who says otherwise).

Victory 1 with a Linear Cannon is incredibly potent as well as low cost.

Oh, and I guess you could use blast bazooka 1s from shop on something, but imo it's pretty garbage without at least two slots.

Art's a more garapon-reliant type than any other though imo, the majority of the useful weapons/parts/cores are all garapon. Building non-gara you're forced to center around Ballistic Launcher/Linear Cannon for M-size, Large Bazooka for L-size, and NOTHING FOR S-ART GO HOME.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:24 pm

double handies Lily Rain still works if you're careful to avoid rage melees

if you have a bit of Rt, get Maril March BS; they work nice, too but with less TGH

SKELETON BUILD; TUNE/CHANGE AS YOU LIKE

【Robot Name】
Lily Rain

【Parts】
BD: Lily Rain BD
 : Auto Gun Bit(default)
 : LazFlamme LG
  : Ace Braver BS
 : Lily Rain HD
  : Eve Hair Ornament
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings
 : Ace Braver BS
 : Tentrion AM
  : Handy Bazooka
 : Tentrion AM
  : Handy Bazooka

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 砲
SIZE: S
COST: 995
CAPA: 1160
HP: 352
STR: 6
TEC: 15
WLK: 6
FLY: 21
TGH: 18

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +60×6
Blast Guard
Float Dash
Quick Boost
Moving Burst

[silliness below]
Did someone say...

poorfag build?

livin'-in-a-box poorfag time
sugu, remember 200-ish cost railgun build arm?:

245 cost

EDIT: use a handy baz and you get 150 cost for the lulz. You can actually make a very decent inconspicuous ART out of this. Level and tune as you like.
Back to top Go down
hatsuharo
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 am

Thanks for the insight, guess destructor still beats the RT shop arts, getting thoarla for her LG might be the best move right now. Nothing stops him from getting garas in the future, just need to actualy have some fun before spending i suppose.
I'd get victorl he costed 50 instead of 100 RT -_-.

On a side note, that 245 cost railgun build seems pretty interesting o_o

Last edited by hatsuharo on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LS3
[ Girls Generation ]
LS3

Male Posts : 1034

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 am

What about hopping amateus or a blast Zooka art (from conversion)?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 2:22 am

Greinaut AM/Handy Baz alpha Amateus still more than capable of doing some sick damage.

Otherwise L-Baz Destructor is still by far your best bet, if Thoarla LG is too expensive for you to achieve what you want to achieve, try Paraboroid LG, bumping FLY above 30 with UC parts may prove rather challenging though.

Suguri wrote:
LBaz + Viper destructor is actually a great build. Sanzeinga was using one last clan tournament all the way through to the finals. .

He used LL Blast + Destructor.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:18 am

No mention for High-WLK Saggi? Sad
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:20 am

Railgunner isn't everyone's cup of tea, Bazooka/alpha are far better bets as builds the guy will enjoy.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:40 am

I would like to warn you that "Cosmic Break is NOT a hardcore game". Once you get out of that serious buzinezz mentality, your days in CB would be much better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:25 pm

fhoeng wrote:
I would like to warn you that "Cosmic Break is NOT a hardcore game". Once you get out of that serious buzinezz mentality, your days in CB would be much better.
>Implying Serious gaming isn't fun
>Implying "CosmicBreak is NOT a hardcore game" without a solid argument
>Implying casual gaming is better than serious gaming

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:37 pm

LXE wrote:
fhoeng wrote:
>Implying Serious gaming isn't fun
>Implying "CosmicBreak is NOT a hardcore game" without a solid argument
>Implying casual gaming is better than serious gaming

Have a nice day.

Quit implying shit.

His statement isnt "implying" anything. CosmicBreak is obviously broken past a competitive level. If you haven't noticed, all the somewhat "competitive" players have all left. Implying serious gaming isnt fun and that casual gaming is better than serious gaming is just shit you superimposed onto his statement.

And what's up with all you fags saying "Have a nice day" after being super douchebags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:42 pm

You don't see things my way. Ok.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:44 pm

LXE wrote:
You don't see things my way.
Thank God.

This game's too broken to be played on a competitive level anymore and even CS knows this. Why do you think JP hasn't had a tournament in 15 months?
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:45 pm

LXE wrote:

nigger
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:46 pm

LXE wrote:
Don't imply your vision is more accurate.
That's a fallacy.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:48 pm

I'd honestly like to know where you got him implying serious gaming isn't fun out of his statement. If you can give me a even somewhat intelligent response, I'll accept it as just a different interpretation of his statement.

Not trying to be attacking here (because I feel like I'm attacking) but shitposts like that is what starts flamewars.
Back to top Go down
Strykerr
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Strykerr

Male Posts : 331

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Overwatch has been contaminated once more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:53 pm

Suki_Eve wrote:
LXE wrote:
Don't imply your vision is more accurate.
That's a fallacy.
Trill's right, though. I'm the one implying. Sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 am

Hey guys, stop derailing. ._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.   Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for advice for a somewhat decent budget artillery.
Page 1 of 1