Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are all these builds decent?

Go down 
+5
xzpwnz
Suguri
NumeroDoS
p910
FireKiller87
9 posters
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Are all these builds decent? Empty
PostSubject: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 3:43 pm

So I have four different builds here for different bots and I want to see if they're good enough to be competitive before I move ahead with all the tuning and crap(and therefore waste mai monies if they aren't).

So without further ado...

"Thoarla Nimbus build":

"LazFlamme build":

"Lily Rain build":

"Summer Crimrose build":
Back to top Go down
p910

Male Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 10:52 pm

I don't see them worth the tune cost. Looks like 50 dollars per build. Might as well roll weekly for alba, and top the chart with an untuned one.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:12 pm

Thoarla and Summer Crim builds looks vanilla enough. Why you have prop bits on SC when you have 2 EIWs?

Lily Rain build... could have been more effective earlier on, but with today's metagame... ugh.

LazFlamme, methinks Sway gunner is more effective with a Scouter/Raid Rifle and Dual Rifle bits. Could be wrong
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:16 pm

All of these builds look extremely arbitrary to me, especially the seraph.

I don't really have much of anything to say beyond "I disagree with pretty much all of your cart choices and weapon tunes."

And, str tunes on seraph...why?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:20 pm

All of those builds look pretty horrible
Seems like they'd all die easily to any one of my untuned fun bots
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:31 pm

If the thought on crim was that str will make tackle better, tackle does just fine hurting people with only 1str.

For lily, weapon tunes go on handy zooka, always. Great rapid/high airforce/ force works.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:40 pm

We love you Firekiller, I promise. ]= I'm just going to throw out a few small things here and there without getting too nit picky;

On your first build if you have a 2s Stardust Cannon, the only way to tune it is with two "Great Rapid Beta"s, I can't think of any exceptions. The ammo is plentiful enough and that would make it so all of your shots count. 3s Viper Shields exist in Super Gara right now for everyone to get, focus more on your fly with High Alphas and cut out that Great tune. The "Tough" tune seems pretty unnecessary too.

Tough Runner does not effect LazFlamme while Swaying, it doesn't count as actually running. She's one of the best hoppers because she gets Quick Jump, something that a lot of common use hoppers don't get. Sway is alright too, but just something to think about. 36 is a wlk breakpoint, which you're 1 off from missing. "Range" tunes do not belong on very many things, much less a Combat Mag. As usual, try to aviod Great Tunes.

I don't know Lily Rain all too well personally, but tuning it for Great Supply and nothing more seems like absolute silliness. The best way to maximize your use out of a Handy Zook is x2 Great Rapid Beta and x1 High Air Force. Flower Scrunchie? I know UC Garas give better stuff then that. EVE Ornament and Ace of Heart Earrings give 2 stats at zero cost, you're paying 10 for +2 stats, -1 stat.

I know next to nothing about Seraph, but I do know that there are much, much, much better tunes for a Mini Zook and Auto Beam Rifle. Lolwut, str? Why? Does not compute, I can't think of a single reason you would ever need that.

I could sit at it and point out things all day but there are a couple of things to chew on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Thanks for all the replies, guys. You've given me a lot to chew over.

First off, some of those tunes are already completed way before I put these builds up for criticism. However much I would prefer to use something better, I really can't because that would mean tossing out the stuff I've already completed unless it really is that much better. I can cut out what I haven't tuned yet, but anything tuned will probably have to stay(basically, Laz's Magnum and her HDAC, Lily's AC parts and one tune on Psycho BS, and a tune each on Thoarla LG and Tengu BS) unless there's another option or options that are worth vacating said tuned parts beyond a doubt.

The STR tunes on Summer Crim are just for inflicting pain and suffering with Tackle, and I was planning on a possible Air melee build because I already have the vanilla wing spam bomber type. The guns are standins while I rack my poor brains for a melee wep that I could actually use with some effectiveness. Kamui staff is one, but...any other better options would be nice too. Prop Bits...I'll probably toss that for Slayer or something else once the air melee build is put together. It's not like I need airtime anyway when I have three wings.

I already got Sway on Laz, so...guess Tough Runner's out. I was hoping to use it while I strafed people(I didn't plan on Swaying while attacking too much) but I'll find a better option than TR.

As for Thoarla...I'll see what I can dig up and try and make all these guys better.
Also, please keep in mind that I don't have boatloads of RT to spend on tuning. If any alternate builds could be provided, I would greatly appreciate the effort the creator put in for me.

Thanks again to all those who gave me some constructive criticism. -cough-xz-cough-

EDIT: I feel I have to respond to this:
p910 wrote:
I don't see them worth the tune cost. Looks like 50 dollars per build. Might as well roll weekly for alba, and top the chart with an untuned one.

Um, I'm sorry, I try to accomplish my tuning with solely Alpha harmonics. Only time I spend RT on tuning is maybe for a third slot or maybe a second if I have no other recourse and desperately need the tune. And that's IF I have the RT to spend.
I don't want to "top the chart" with a bot that makes it so easy without the effort, even if Albatreos or Amateus Muchi or Vanguard or whatever Garabot isn't on the same no-skill level as Ah-chan or shithead bots like her. And I especially don't want to roll Garapon endlessly for break-everyone's-face-with-no-effort bots and thus fall into the RAGEQQFUCKCSIQUIT trap that a shitload of CB players have fallen into.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:22 am

Laz is a bot who does better without intensive tunes
Spoiler:
The weapon is optional, try not to use such fat parts like accel am and laz bs

Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:01 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Laz is a bot who does better without intensive tunes
Spoiler:
The weapon is optional, try not to use such fat parts like accel am and laz bs

I appreciate the build. However my current LazFlamme already has tunes on a couple parts. I'll use this for my next one if I do get another Laz. In the meantime, do you have a build I can use with the parts already there, or swap the Accel Saber AMs and BS for different parts?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:02 am

Swapping laz bs with something smaller should be your first priority
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:13 am

xzpwnz wrote:

Would prefer to keep it due to it's versatility. Only hazard I can see it posing is from an enemy above or to my side.

Any replacement suggestions?

Suguri wrote:
All of these builds look extremely arbitrary to me, especially the seraph.

I don't really have much of anything to say beyond "I disagree with pretty much all of your cart choices and weapon tunes."

And, str tunes on seraph...why?

I'll explain my thinking behind each build...hopefully it makes some sense and I'm not rambling on like an idiot:

Thoarla: I'm working with the shop version(2s parts). The cartridges appear arbitrary at first, but I want a Lv10 build and the last time I asked for a build, I got "5 cost carts and maybe Quick Boost". Broad Radar is the only high-cost cart(50 cost, the others are max 20 or 25 cost) on there, but it's useful, so I think the cost is worth it.

Lily Rain: Typical Float Dash, except I might go with Scouter's Rifle or similar multishot, rapidfire weapon because I can't hit jack shit with Handyzooka while floating. 2x Internals give me range and an effective weapon against Seraph Wings and other high-speed bots.

LazFlamme: I'm gonna have to rework this one, especially since Tough Runner doesn't seem to affect Sway, but it's supposed to be a Sway gunner. I guess a more rapidfire weapon is better, but I prefer the magnum mainly for the WLK, high Force and the +range. Xz said to remove Laz BS, but I keep it for the versatility it gives me(the air dashing/water dashing and etc.)

Summer Crim: Mixed melee/gunner build. I didn't have a specific melee build planned out for her yet, so I left ABR and Minizooka as standins. I'm thinking about going with Kamui Staff since there certainly doesn't seem to be a decent alternate, not sure whether to keep the Minizooka or hit up a shield. If I go for the shield, full STR tuning replaces all the TEC tunes. If not, I'll probably leave it as is, maybe add a little more for either stat.

EDIT #2: Already using Accel Saber BS on Laz. Should I go for a second one?

Last edited by FireKiller87 on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:34 am

FireKiller87 wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

Would prefer to keep it due to it's versatility. Only hazard I can see it posing is from an enemy above or to my side.

Any replacement suggestions?
Frog BS
Shino BS
Accel Saber BS

or if you have Rt

Misty BS
Vanguard BS
Back to top Go down
p910

Male Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:23 am

Lol good luck uc tuning those. I've 20 3s accel saber ams and i'm dont think I can get 2 fully tuned without protectors.

Also its not like it takes more skill to play an sdc air or hopper than an alba.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:45 am

No,they are indecent,need's more clothes.

=<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:37 am

I was going to post a build here but seeing how xz makes fun of how crap they are, I will not.
Nisa wrote:
No,they are indecent,need's more clothes.
=<
Another one of Nisa's garbage posts...
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:22 am

Eheheh
Sorry, sorry~
You guys aren't the best at doing this though
Your serious ones seem like joke builds
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:51 am

why do you have a buckler on a lily?
can't you just get blast guard
lily don't really need quick boost in the first place...

i mean what are you defending with that buckler against anyways?

fencer/other high damaging melee reaches and hits your lily = death with or without buckler
beam weapons from air - isn't that why you got 2x int cart to shoot them down with in the first place?

then that means you gets a free hand for more guns!
get a 3s rifle or something...

as for the thoarla - yeah i would do as the first poster said and just get an alba...
lazflame bs - no keep cause 0 slots - unless you intend to make a meleeflame... (oh sway is more of a melee cart anyways, it lets you run up to people, if you got guns, you don't even need to bother...) (course jikun legs > lazflame bs) -.-
summer crim - er... whatever suits you i guess, crim is basically premade the instant it goes seraph...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are all these builds decent?   Are all these builds decent? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are all these builds decent?
Page 1 of 1