Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT

Go down 
+37
Moghul
Naisha
Suki_Eve
necrodrakath
EMPattack
Strykerr
IronFist
Aurum_Sol
Tuskin
Strawman
Malphes
Akhenderson
Puddin'
BNOISE
ziix
VeryMelon
UncleBobbie
Turkeysaur
boytitan2
necrio
Eridian
Kirika
Mew
Hyoka
NovaZero
fggt
Mie
Demonbane
Stickboy
Nerf
God is a Cat Girl
Trill
Astral_Dono
xzpwnz
Str8witchin
Kobrakai
bobxawesome
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:11 am

Spoiler:

Always wanted to make an Exodia megadraw deck... But I use up money too fast.
Well not on RT but on other things.
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:22 am

I could've spent an extra $5000 on my car and got the one I wanted.

However the one I settled for is decent, but there will always be that pounding within my head.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:32 am

so you stopped rolling to get Moes, and instead you bought figure's of moes

and you want a clap or something?

i dont get it..

you stopped wasting money on one thing, and then wasted it on another thing...?

::rubs eyes::
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:41 am

Business wrote:

i dont get it..

ROFL. There were less swear words yet this is twice as mean as What I said.The truth hurts man.

INB4 some forever alone says but ones a material u actually own. And No buying em to resale is still not a valid excuse cause how many of u do that.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:05 am

boytitan2 wrote:
Business wrote:

i dont get it..

ROFL. There were less swear words yet this is twice as mean as What I said.The truth hurts man.

INB4 some forever alone says but ones a material u actually own. And No buying em to resale is still not a valid excuse cause how many of u do that.
although it's a far-fetched idea, it's not crazy considering people buy stuff and resell it all the time. (stock market for instance.)

If I had spared off on rt... I have no idea what to spend it on considering I don't buy anything else. Maybe I'd probably get a playstation network 20 dollar card so I can finally afford to buy disgaea and what did I do to deserve this my lord?! (Maybe Cladun x2 or something.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:43 am

Akhenderson wrote:

although it's a far-fetched idea, it's not crazy considering people buy stuff and resell it all the time. (stock market for instance.)

don't ever compare buying stock in companies to buying plastic half naked 12 year old girls... which alone is kinda freaky, pathetic, and sad..

and ya, people buy things to sell in the future all the time.. but UNTIL you SELL those things, (which most people never end up doing, or die, or lose them, or the get broken, open them, lose tags, value=diminished) they REMAIN a WASTE of MONEY.

anything else smart you want to say?
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:48 am

way to be an asshole just because he said "it could work"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 am

Malphes wrote:

when you compare buying stock, to buying figurines.

you deserve to be slapped.

you call it asshole. i call it truth.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:49 am

Business wrote:
don't ever compare buying stock in companies to buying plastic half naked 12 year old girls... which alone is kinda freaky, pathetic, and sad..
As compared to buying a sculpture of a half naked woman to put in your saloon (or wherever), because it's considered "art"?
You are sad.

>Location: US
Gotta keep them stereotypes alive!
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 am

Dammet.

OP said wasting money on physical things. Thread's about wasting money on other shiz rather than wasting it on rt, not necessarily not wasting money -___-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:56 am

VeryMelon wrote:
Business wrote:
As compared to buying a sculpture of a half naked woman to put in your saloon (or wherever), because it's considered "art"?
You are sad.

so how did we get to works of art from collectible plastic machine made toys?

and did you just say saloon?... and you callin me sad? sup john wayne?

works of art are never a waste of money, cuz its.... a work of art. the value only goes up over time. holding onto a handful of random anime figures that 95% of the world hasn't even heard of, waste of money. the value is non exsistant. it only goes down.

get your education today.

oh... and before you people scream "there are some toys and figureines that sell for mad money." those figurines that ARE worth money... like... orig. superman, or thor's, or star wars.... those are over 40 years old. so have fun trying to sell your lily rain moe plastic with no box or tag and scratches on it 40 years from now. if you live that long.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:22 am

Business wrote:
I have nothing of substance to say so I will just nitpick on typos! Very amusing coming from someone who apparently can't bothered (yeah, right) to even write properly.

Quote :
works of art are never a waste of money, cuz its.... a work of art. the value only goes up over time.
Go ahead then, go and buy a random sculpture and then see if you can find someone to even sell it to, not to mention for a higher price, 10 years from now.

Quote :
holding onto a handful of random anime figures that 95% of the world hasn't even heard of, waste of money. the value is non exsistant. it only goes down.
Just goes to show what you know, which is: not much. Truly, the land of the free ignorance.
And how can a value that is "non exsistant" go down?

Quote :
Thanks for the daily dose of irony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:34 am

VeryMelon wrote:
I have nothing of substance to say so I will just nitpick on typos!

you just summed up your post...

lol i had written stuff.. but i think this is enough...

Back to top Go down
Strawman
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 am

There is no debating that we all like pretty things. We all know that someday an online game is going to shut its doors while those Anime figures will stay in your display case even after you die.

Figures especially the limited edition ones can increase in prices dramatically which you can resell someday to another collector, denying this fact is idiotic.

Girls who freak out about Anime figures needs to get a lesson on loving what their partner loves to do unless he is too obsessed on collecting and neglecting the time for relationships.

To a person like me who loves to paint and draw, those Anime figures are a great source of 3D reference on poses, it is far more useful than money spent on Rt.

You can hate all you want on Anime figures but you cant deny the facts about it.

Last edited by Strawman on Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am

I could have bought a plane ticket to somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Mew wrote:
I could have bought a plane ticket to somewhere.
A ticket to SG to find Nisa~ :v
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:12 pm

Business wrote:
VeryMelon wrote:
Business wrote:
You are sad.

so how did we get to works of art from collectible plastic machine made toys?

works of art are never a waste of money, cuz its.... a work of art. the value only goes up over time. holding onto a handful of random anime figures that 95% of the world hasn't even heard of, waste of money. the value is non exsistant. it only goes down.

oh... and before you people scream "there are some toys and figureines that sell for mad money." those figurines that ARE worth money... like... orig. superman, or thor's, or star wars.... those are over 40 years old. so have fun trying to sell your lily rain moe plastic with no box or tag and scratches on it 40 years from now. if you live that long.

i will try to make it short:

what exactly makes you think that something that isnt meant to be played with is supposed to be a "toy" ?
most figurines are meant to be looked at and thus a form of art (most of them also come in seriously small stock and will rise in value as soon as they sell out ... which isnt even a month in many cases)

also: most affordable pieces of art that are aviable on the market will not increase as much in value as you expect for obvious reasons
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:02 pm

This topic makes me feel like I'm in college again.

Last edited by NovaZero on Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Business wrote:
VeryMelon wrote:
I have nothing of substance to say so I will just nitpick on typos!

you just summed up your post...
Maybe in your fantasy world completely ignoring someone's points wins an argument, but it doesn't in the real one.

So much for this "discussion".
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:45 pm

Business wrote:
Akhenderson wrote:

and ya, people buy things to sell in the future all the time.. but UNTIL you SELL those things, (which most people never end up doing, or die, or lose them, or the get broken, open them, lose tags, value=diminished) they REMAIN a WASTE of MONEY.

anything else smart you want to say?

You buy stocks, company closes or loses it's value, MONEY DOKO?

It's the same shit. Buy and resell with some risk at all times.
The amount of stocks that a vulgar person can buy, is actually useless until you sell it.

Better find something that can be profitable than to waste on crap that is actually useless.
Women for example. Unless you are going to marry one, it's the same thing as paying a whore. Being the only difference that the whore can do a bunch of people in 1 day, the girl that you get... maybe not.

But in the end, the concept of "useless" changes from person to person.
What makes you an asshole is how many "names" you indirectly throw at the other party.
*looks at Business*
Finding things that other people like "useless" is a rather normal thing, people just get mad over everything.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Malphes wrote:

No Im a asshole with the way I word stuff In a insulting manners,Hes useing the truth rofl.Theres really no legit reason to buy that kinda shit.

And wow u niggas is sad trying to find a excuse for keeping plastic dolls.

And actually Business good point this shit does go by the same rules as action figures or tranformers,comics, No packigng no resell.

I use to have a ton of old comics as a kid,Guess what no original packaging no resell value.I have like 3 of em.

Point is you by em cause there half naked,I mean shit does art come in poses like that get real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:56 pm

BT... kids these days.

love to shoot the messanger
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 4:57 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
Malphes wrote:

No Im a asshole with the way I word stuff In a insulting manners,Hes useing the truth rofl.Theres really no legit reason to buy that kinda shit.

And wow u niggas is sad trying to find a excuse for keeping plastic dolls.

And actually Business good point this shit does go by the same rules as action figures or tranformers,comics, No packigng no resell.

I use to have a ton of old comics as a kid,Guess what no original packaging no resell value.I have like 3 of em.

Point is you by em cause there half naked,I mean shit does art come in poses like that get real.

>Implying that people need such thing called "legit reason" to buy whatever they want to

He might buy stuff that is useless in your eyes, but at least he's not shoving his ways up your shithole.

BTW, consider this. People ARE stupid. Even if you don't have the original packaging you can still sell those figures for a price higher than the original pricing. Also, I didn't notice anyone mentioning about taking them out or throwing the package away.
The pictures that are on the first post aren't even pictures that he took, they are from other sites (which at least 1 of them is from a seller).
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Strawman wrote:
There is no debating that we all like pretty things. We all know that someday an online game is going to shut its doors while those Anime figures will stay in your display case even after you die.

Figures especially the limited edition ones can increase in prices dramatically which you can resell someday to another collector, denying this fact is idiotic.

Girls who freak out about Anime figures needs to get a lesson on loving what their partner loves to do unless he is too obsessed on collecting and neglecting the time for relationships.

To a person like me who loves to paint and draw, those Anime figures are a great source of 3D reference on poses, it is far more useful than money spent on Rt.

You can hate all you want on Anime figures but you cant deny the facts about it.

I agree with the bolded words, and the fact that money at stocks are way much better than at a game (getting 8% profit here, game give me nothing so no money at a game Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT   Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine what you could be getting instead if you held off on buying RT
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next