Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need some tips for switching to ART from LND

Go down 
+7
Retrias
Courius
Dracatis
Trill
Yokura
Mew
Cybernetic
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Cybernetic
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cybernetic

Male Posts : 452

I need some tips for switching to ART from LND Empty
PostSubject: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:03 pm

I HONESTLY do not know how to play ART anymore after getting those infernal axers! I need some pro-tips and some plain tips in general on how to be a good ART player, and not die every two seconds.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 pm

It really depends on your playstyle.

I use a hopping melee and I find it quite viable.

Especially with Mighty Byne Girl.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:14 pm

It's switching from lnd to art, Aegis. Uhm..

Pick up a bazooka, learn to aim with it. Everything fixed :3
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Oops I misread :I

Since you have Albeatross you really shouldn't need to know what to do...

Hopping rocket launchers are nice.

Hopping bazookas are nice.

Hopping ARTs are nice.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Since Alba has no shortboost, float dash is probably your next choice. Not only is the burst of flying speed nice, the fly lets you perch up high easily, and is easier to tune due to High Boost Beta being +2 fly, -1 str and tec
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 pm

^Yarr, learn to aim zooks and fly perch and float dash(lucky! Sad ). Victory 1 is your bestest cost cheap friend with a Handy Zook. I hear Alba's are great but I don't have one so I go with what I know and the dual Blast Zooks aren't weak by no meaning of da word. Throw a buckler or another weapon on for crazy alpha and you got the tinest master of demolitions evar.

*I appolgize lolcats seem to have eaten my brain in this post*
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:18 pm

hmm... due you originaly land, you need at least pretty mobile arts or you gonna got Type-Gap Shock bad...

get any art that mobile enuf like marill , lily or saggi... or stick with mobility cart like short boost, boost run, or float dash.

and keep in mind : DONT TRY TANK LIKE A BOSS due you no longer using lnd heh heh heh
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:01 am

You have an alba yes? depending on which one play that first, get it floatdash, you can 40 tec, 38 fly , some couple odd tough easy with Alba , If you have a laza and dug driver, take off the arm and the booster, and make a moving burst alpha
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:48 am

Concerning Alba:

1. 31 fly is a necessity, 38 is a luxury (that should probably be spent elsewhere).
2. Float Dash helps but isn't as potent as people make it out to be.
3. Broad Radar is an absolute necessity.
4. If you can, take Stun Regain.
5. Builds: dual shield core only build, Psycho Formula HD3/4 Move Burst build, make your pick.

MB build is very fragile but has amazing damage output against an Air heavy team. It's very important to use Broad Radar to give yourself the initiative and to flee at any signs of trouble. You have NO defense against Seraph whatsoever unless you decide to drop one weapon arm for Blast Bazooka (Mod) (recommended) or drop PFHD3/4 for Alba HD (which means losing a lot of range and therefore A LOT of initiative, not recommended). In terms of arms, Dugdriver and Toybox AM are your most solid choices.

Core-only build is considerably more durable and favours an aggressive playstyle. And... well there's not much to say about this, IMHO it's kind of a dull build but works amazingly well, oh and Alba HD is SUPER EFFECTIVE against Seraph or any other Air that's circle strafing you and nailing you from your blind spot, just keep in mind that it's only effective at very close horizontal range and is almost guaranteed to hit if you are firing it from directly below your target, a Paralyze tune on it and quite nice if you can afford it.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 am

Use DG...Give her a Buckler/Shield, and a handy zook, with her Weepon Carts and Boost Run...and you set killin AIR...lol...anyway...for me at least...haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:33 am

Revelske, I don't take Broad Radar on my Alba.... is it that good? HELL I never take broad radar in anything, with no broad, you can get 38 fly and 21 tough +2 Shield quite easily
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:48 am

Broad radar good for everything, tat's why i sacrifice VF's EIW, feng and connie's tec for it.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 am

The ability to aid you in making better combat decisions is far more beneficial than a slight increase in stats (and as said, 38 is a luxury on Art). In the case of Alba, what do you get with that extra bit of fly? You get to escape and zone/kite a little better. What do you get with Broad Radar? Ability to ambush Air; prevent you from being ambushed; give you the initiative in any engagement; give you the ability to position yourself better to maximize survivability and damage output; etc etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 am

If you thought Axers were bad, meet Kuten Jikun Long.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:23 pm

If you have one I suggest Amateus, anytype though Mushi is typically prefered though I starting to really like NOVA. It's fairly mobile, not very fat and can hop with internals that have quite good tracking. If you don't want an alpha spammer and more of a LND style ART, this is probably what you want.
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:03 pm

take Broad Radar

ARTs get it at 40 cost instead of 50

knowing 'wtf is going on' > 8 stats
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 7:15 pm

Spoiler:

If I had an Alba Laza, this is what I'd do for him build wise. Not sure stat differences between Psycho HD2 and HD3, but iirc Psycho HD3 is 20 more cost. If its not, idk :c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need some tips for switching to ART from LND   I need some tips for switching to ART from LND Empty

Back to top Go down

I need some tips for switching to ART from LND
Page 1 of 1