Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need a few tips for my bots!

Go down 
+3
Suguri
RoboFranky
Lifthrasil
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lifthrasil
Newcomer
Newcomer
Lifthrasil

Need a few tips for my bots! Empty
PostSubject: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:48 am

So, after playing for a few days I got a few bots into my possession now, but with some of them , I have issues ...

1. Crimrose, my starter! After getting izuna and using her legs for it, it seems Im doing quite okay with it. Its close to level 8 now, and Ill probably make her into a seraph crim soon. Im using a blaster or laser mostly, and a viper shield.. not sure if thats optimal, but hey it works.

2. Thoarla Nimbus
I have quite some trouble with this one... unlike my Crimrose, I just keep dying with it. I tried different things... currently using a negatron rifle and a viper shield. Mostly I have her in my team, and usually pick her when the enemys are crowded up to bomb them with her jupiter from far above. Other then that, I have no clue how to play her... Im trying to find a stardust cannon. I heard its a good idea.

3. Shino Exroad
I bought her just yesterday... and Im horrible with her! I was using Jikun Long before that as my third, equipped with a flamethrower and a damascus knife. Worked pretty well due to evasion and speed... It seems it doesnt work at all on Shino. I equipped her different legs because the original ones were so huge, one red squeler arm and her original dagger arm, and then tried a lot with her weapons with no success.. How to you play her properly? Shes my biggest issue!

Please help me out! cat
I think my issue is that I have trouble playing L size robots...
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 7:13 am

1. promote her at lvl 10. It has more Capa & more HP

2. I dunnolol. Star rank UC player here. Stardusts are good

3. Give her Byne AM x2. Byne leg. Equip with 8 Vulcan + Viper Shield. Get boost run. U will have one tough Shino and the 8 vulcan melts HP
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:16 am

1. Switch your weapons to wide beam gun, limited plasma gun, or plasma gun with a mini bazooka.

2. Choices for parts on Thoarla are, sadly, extremely limited. Keep her default arms and legs and switch her BS for a Tengu BS, or give her Crimrose/Seraph/Izuna LG. For weapons, use a stardust cannon for range, and...the second weapon I'm still not quite sure on myself. Either get some kind of long-range weapon with piercing (beam rifle), or a limited plasma gun. High-power close range weapons like custom shotguns work well too. I'm also rather partial to Twin Blaster on her, unlike other blasters it's not terrible in arena thanks to its nice range and two shots fired down the crosshair.

3. Use Mach Knight LG, switch her AM2 out; it's useless and high cost. Put a viper shield in one hand, and either an Eight Vulcan or a Bazooka in the other.
Back to top Go down
Lifthrasil
Newcomer
Newcomer
Lifthrasil

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:45 am

Thanks for the replys!

1.Promoting at 10 huh? Ill try, but the level 8 limit remove costs so much u_u
Ill try those weapons out then and see how it goes.

2.So Ill really have to try harder to get that stardust, okay! I like that suggestion with the shotgun, will probably go for that.

3. So her arms and legs need to be replaced, and viper shield and 8-vulcan, got it.
I have a Vulcan.. where do you get a 8-Vulcan?
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 am

Lifthrasil wrote:
Thanks for the replys!

1.Promoting at 10 huh? Ill try, but the level 8 limit remove costs so much u_u
Ill try those weapons out then and see how it goes.

2.So Ill really have to try harder to get that stardust, okay! I like that suggestion with the shotgun, will probably go for that.

3. So her arms and legs need to be replaced, and viper shield and 8-vulcan, got it.
I have a Vulcan.. where do you get a 8-Vulcan?

Farm Arcantus for 8 vulcan.

For Thoarla, idk, I see a lot of people using TWO stardust cannons, so that's something to try.....

Also, for Crim, I suggest you practice getting used to limited plasma gun and mini zook before you promote her to Seraph.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:08 am

ziix wrote:

For Thoarla, idk, I see a lot of people using TWO stardust cannons, so that's something to try.....
Everyone told me to use dual stardusts on her when I was starting out with her and didn't know how she worked. I learned several things from that:

• Your first stardust isn't going to run out of ammo in the first place, even when you survive the entire round and have a Great Rapid tune eating its ammo supply further.

• Getting Thoarla to lv9 or 10 is a horrible idea (and I wish I knew this before eventually junking her at lv10). She levels very slowly, and getting to 9 or 10 will eat up so much capacity that it'll be easy to overcost with even untuned weapons and parts. Without Moving Burst from lv9, using two stardust is pointless. Thoarla runs out of carts of interest between levels 5 and 7 for most builds, to keep the capacity from becoming an issue.

• Having dual stardust has obscene stat drops. Enjoy trying to compensate your -2 str, -6 wlk, and -4 fly.

• Stardust is pretty bad close range, unless you're fighting something that it'll stun repeatedly. It hits hard, but its slow firing interval means there are much better options up close. Likewise, it has decent range and speed, but like a plasma gun it's not a long range weapon by any means. Dual stardust thus limits you to mid range combat, unless you're dusting crowds.

It's better to just group a stardust together with either a close range weapon or a faster weapon with piercing, imo. Dual stardust is best left for bots with the capacity to get moving burst, like Gwyain or Big Mountaiz.

On Eight Vulcans, just run through Folcasta Fields (first biome in arcantus) and farm each area for about 9:30. You should get at least one.

>>>>>EDIT<<<<<
    Before I forget, do not substitute a Vulcan before you get an Eight Vulcan. Regular Vulcans are horrible, do not touch with a 10 foot pole.
  • Back to top Go down
    Nisa
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:31 am

Shop bought weapons SUCK for L sized Air's.

And Izuna wisp isn't worth it ffs,newbies spam them all over the place while i dodge it with a single step.

And if possible,swap the shino legs for mach knight legs which will make you have a similar hitbox size as a M sized land and get 2 squealer arms with shields.

Shino dagger arm sucks so badly it isn't even funny.
    Back to top Go down
    Rinrin
    Ace Poster
    Ace Poster
    Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:53 am

@ lifthrasil
    promoting lvl 10 crim instead of lvl 8 is a must.
    50k for extra base stats is HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY IMPORTANT.
    Back to top Go down
    Suguri
    God Poster
    God Poster
    Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 11:54 am

Rinrin wrote:
    @ lifthrasil
    promoting lvl 10 crim instead of lvl 8 is a must.
    50k for extra base stats is HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY IMPORTANT.
    Pretty much this. Seraph promoted at lv10 has 20 more HP and 60 more capacity than Seraph promoted from lv8.
    Back to top Go down
    mitchi.exe
    mitchi.exe

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:00 pm

In addition, you can actually gain more than 50k UC on purely arena spams while leveling up your level 8 crim to level 10. Although if you want to level up quicker, just do haku/berz/frac runs for exp.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a few tips for my bots!   Need a few tips for my bots! Empty

Back to top Go down

Need a few tips for my bots!
    Page 1 of 1