Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seraph Build

Go down 
+2
BNOISE
Dr_Stein
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr_Stein
Dr_Stein

Male Posts : 57

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:32 am

Ok, so I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Crimrose Guide and risk some mod berating me for 'necroing' it or not. So better safe then sorry.

I've reading around a lot and after messing with CosmicCalc, I came up with this
Spoiler:

The only thing that annoys me is that there isn't any room for an air loop cartridge and the weapon tunes aren't that great.

Any suggestions?

inb4 cross raptor ams - I don't have any.

Thanks for any help given

Last edited by IronDicks on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler forum stretching content please)
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 am

Stop using great boost tunes.
And 24 tec isn't really high enough to help with much of anything.
Put those tech tunes into something useful like tgh since all air need 10 tgh unless it is small low cost air that you don't mind losing and feeding to enemies.
Even if you say you can fly like a boss and dodge everything.
Just wait till you meet another crim with a minizooka hunting you.
Always use High Boost Alpha cause it saves on cost.
Fact is you have a seraph which has enough slots to get you to 40 fly without great boost anything.

What I consider a better build -
Spoiler:

Btw in the case of arms -
3s Mach Knight Arms are one of the best low cost arms you can easily obtain giving +1 to tech, +1 to fly, and +1 to tgh for slightly less hp and not being moe but at equal cost

Last edited by BNOISE on Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:46 am

Couple things.

• Both weapons you're using are best tuned for speed. A great rapid beta on each would probably be best. Though seeing that you're accounting for a 2s ABR, force + great rapid beta would be good.
  • As a seraph, you're really not going to get melee'd much if ever. Sword Guard is unnecessary.
  • Quick Jump isn't going to make much of a difference unless you frequently kill your boosters midflight and resume altitude gain. I'd drop it for something that helps you stay mobile (and as a result alive), meaning Float Dash or Short Boost. Or you could drop something else and use it in tandem with Short Boost.
  • There are more efficient arms you could be using, such as mach knight, tentrion, or accel saber. Crim arms are fine too though, it's really not a big deal.
  • I personally prefer Laz LG + a BS on Crim, or Froglander LG. Nothing really wrong with Seraph LG, just that most of its cost goes toward HP instead of fly or tec.
  • 40 fly isn't necessary since the last breakpoint is 38, unless you really like that slight extra speed (only an extra froglander in length over a full 12 seconds of flight, though...)

I think I forgot some stuff, but anyway. The build's playable, just not anywhere close to optimized.

BNOISE wrote:
Stop using great boost tunes.
Didn't even notice this. Yes, not the best thing to do; fill everything with high tunes, then go back and change some highs to greats if you have spare capa and want more stats.
Back to top Go down

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 am

Something similar to BNOISE's build but with stuff from the Super UC garapon.
Spoiler:

Nilla mentioned something about Mini Bazooka + Paralyzer being godly, but I'm not so sure so can anybody shed some light on this?

I used High Boost Beta tunes because you're not going to melee with Seraph unless you're doing Air melee which is very ineffective in the current metagame.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Stein
Dr_Stein

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 8:17 am

Ah, thanks so much guys

BNOISE wrote:
Put those tech tunes into something useful like tgh since all air need 10 tgh

From what I read, tuning tec after fly seemed better than tgh because it's going to get stunned and damaged by arts either way.
But I'll take your advice on keeping it at at least 10.

Suguri wrote:
Quick Jump isn't going to make much of a difference unless you frequently kill your boosters midflight and resume altitude gain
I actually find it makes a world of difference. I almost found it unbearable how slowly my seraph gained altitude before it.
Taking the advice on sword guard, I'll swap it for float dash. I'm sure the extra movement will definitely come in handy.

Suguri wrote:
40 fly isn't necessary since the last breakpoint is 38, unless you really like that slight extra speed (only an extra froglander in length over a full 12 seconds of flight, though...)
Oh ok, a friend told me that the 40 would come in handy when facing other airs. But if it's only that much of a difference, I'll go 38.

Finally, stun regain = good or bad? Saw it was in BNOISE and LXE's builds, but the way I see it, if you've been stunned the chances are that you're about to take enough damage for the small amount recovered to be worthless.

How about this then? (btw, is there any way to get 3s mach knight am's now? Couldn't find an RT one in the shop :S)
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 am

[spoiler="ALL THIS STUFF":b7ed][quote:b7ed="Dr_Stein"]Ah, thanks so much guys

BNOISE wrote:
Put those tech tunes into something useful like tgh since all air need 10 tgh

From what I read, tuning tec after fly seemed better than tgh because it's going to get stunned and damaged by arts either way.
But I'll take your advice on keeping it at at least 10.

Suguri wrote:
Quick Jump isn't going to make much of a difference unless you frequently kill your boosters midflight and resume altitude gain
I actually find it makes a world of difference. I almost found it unbearable how slowly my seraph gained altitude before it.
Taking the advice on sword guard, I'll swap it for float dash. I'm sure the extra movement will definitely come in handy.

Suguri wrote:
40 fly isn't necessary since the last breakpoint is 38, unless you really like that slight extra speed (only an extra froglander in length over a full 12 seconds of flight, though...)
Oh ok, a friend told me that the 40 would come in handy when facing other airs. But if it's only that much of a difference, I'll go 38.

Finally, stun regain = good or bad? Saw it was in BNOISE and LXE's builds, but the way I see it, if you've been stunned the chances are that you're about to take enough damage for the small amount recovered to be worthless.

How about this then? (btw, is there any way to get 3s mach knight am's now? Couldn't find an RT one in the shop :S)
Spoiler:

1. Quick Jump unnecessary. I do a lot with Seraph n she doesn't need it. At all. Unless you play Short Boost.
2. Enjoy 30 RT a month for one week of Air Loop. I usually don't use any RT carts, although they help a lot. Cut it and enjoy 30 capa with which to run wild with. Or don't cut it and pay 3$ a week for it. The evasion quality is nice though, particularly against drawgunning Fagberrls.
3. One Great Rapid Beta on Minizook is enough, although feel free to follow your current build. +1 Force doesn't help all that much IMO, drop it and get something better. Paralyzer on Minizook is nice but not completely necessary(firing at any air will usually stun it).
4. Stun Regain = very good. Drop Quick Jump for it, or better yet dump Beam Guard. It'll extend your useful lifespan at least 20-30%.
5. Dump Beam Guard. If you're fighting anything except Air, you aren't going to be shot with beamguns(most likely anyway), and if you are fighting an Air, say hello to enemy Minizook. Not particularly useful imo.
6. Low TEC worries me, although its fine if you aren't going for super high damage per shot.
7. I think 7 TGH is the first breakpoint you need to meet if you're not going to be stunned every shot. Next one's 11, iirc. Pick one of those two and stick to it, Seraph doesn't need TGH cuz if you get hit by an explosive you're being stunned no matter how much TGH you got.
8. Be cautious when approaching enemy ART; since you usually won't use Wings, people are gonna mark your ass for missiles.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 am

Dr_Stein wrote:
btw, is there any way to get 3s mach knight am's now? Couldn't find an RT one in the shop :S
Friendship rewards and random drop. They build up fast.

Dr_Stein wrote:
-build-
Mini bazooka isn't important enough to warrant putting all those tunes on, I'd just do a single great rapid beta or two high rapid betas. That should give you more room to tune tec. Tuning tgh seems really unnecessary to me unless you really want to be above that 11 breakpoint; even then, regular tough would be fine, you don't need a high tough.

Also, air loop has pretty much...zero synergy with Seraph. You're better off with accele roll on her if you want an Rt cartridge.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Stein
Dr_Stein

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 am

@FireKiller87
1. Well I added it last week, so unless I go and buy a cart reset it doesn't matter to me
2. Mhm, I'll probably keep it for now. I didn't see what was so good about it at first but it's just so much easier to evade and move around with it.
3. Noted. And the force actually adds 3, but w/e Very Happy
4. Ok then, looks like that will be going into my final build.
5. Noted.
6. Yeah, I wasn't really happy with the amount of tec. I'll probably try to do something with it tomorrow arvo to try to get it up at least a bit, but if 24 wasn't anything then I don't think it will end up being worthwhile.
7. Changed the High Tough to Tough
8. Already know lol

@Suguri
Going to be fun waiting OTZ
And yeah, I'll probably take that high rapid off.
I've used both RT carts and found both to be alright.

How much str do you recommend to leave for the slayer bit? They last pretty long with even a small amount.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:55 am

most of time slayer bit get destroyed b4 it run off and diference betwen 1 str and 26 tec and both stat on 15 is about 20 % (25 vs 20 against tree), u chose
FireKiller87 wrote:
Paralyzer on Minizook is nice but not completely necessary(firing at any air will usually stun it).
*cough*:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 12:28 pm

Dr_Stein wrote:
How much str do you recommend to leave for the slayer bit? They last pretty long with even a small amount.
Not zero. :V
Back to top Go down

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 3:36 pm

@Firekiller - Anything without a Brickgale BS requires Quick Jump.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:48 pm

LXE wrote:
@Firekiller - Anything without a Brickgale BS requires Quick Jump.

Hmmmmmmmm.

I REALLY wish I knew a lot of what the big guide repliers are telling me before I made my build, would have made my life a lot easier.

Oh well, duly noted. I don't really have room for Quick Jump though, 6x Cost, 2x Internal, Stun Regain and Quick Boost round out my cart list. I'll keep it in mind if and when I promote my next Seraph, but I usually do just fine at mid-altitude.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:54 pm

Suguri wrote:
Dr_Stein wrote:
btw, is there any way to get 3s mach knight am's now? Couldn't find an RT one in the shop :S
Do Mach Knights from lotto cubes come with 3s parts or am I misremembering again?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Z741 wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Dr_Stein wrote:
Do Mach Knights from lotto cubes come with 3s parts or am I misremembering again?
Lotto cube UC bots are either 2s or 3s randomly.
Back to top Go down

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 pm

I improved the last build, I've posted up.
Spoiler:
FireKiller87 wrote:
I usually do just fine at mid-altitude.
Usually the higher you fly, the better.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Stein
Dr_Stein

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 am

Hopefully improved build using Mach Knight AM's
Spoiler:

I tried something similar with Accel Saber AM's and got to 28 TEC at the cost of the RT cart. But is an additional 3 TEC really worth it? It only managed an additional +1 damage on my weapons.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 5:04 am

testing 21 TGH,
not get stuned upon direct toy-chan cruise missile hit on C.S quest, stunned when she on spamming mode btw :v
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seraph Build Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seraph Build   Seraph Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Seraph Build
Page 1 of 1