Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your opinion on minus score teammates

Go down 
+22
Squishy
Nymph~
TehPwnstar
Emeraldsun
AzureRathalos
rei_hunter
IronFist
bippusuta
FreedomFighter
GunShark
God is a Cat Girl
Hyoka
FireKiller87
Courius
BNOISE
FenixStryk
Malphes
CapeMike
Stickboy
xzpwnz
hankzorz
Retrias
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

What is your opinion on minus score teammates Empty
PostSubject: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 pm

This has been bugging my mind for quite sometime ever since I managed to reach those coveted 1-3 ranks , I would admit that I am not the kind of player that can carry my team all the way to victory even though they keep dying. But the result from the last match made me post this, I didn't get a screen shot though, pity that one. In a nutshell I manage to gain every single award besides best supporter/jammer OR best fighting spirit, I ended the match with 6000 score and well 3000 cost, I still lost though since half of my team is on the bottom of a 30 player match and no one bothered to kill guy number 2.

What is your opinion on this guys? Am i doing something wrong? Is it my fault?, nearly the same situation (I am number 2-3 usually with the most kill on my team) but I lost every single time. So yeah I just want your opinion in this, thanks beforehand
Back to top Go down
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:36 pm

Try fetching yourself 0 cost or dying only once. It'll be a good habit that will make you a great player.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:47 pm

What hankies said
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:47 pm

Well I have to try that, and stop doing suicide rush. There is also the inherent problem of everyone not willing to move forward and the air not shooting at jikuns..... But you are right, I have to try for those zero costs/Died once when I have taken as much enemy as I can with me

Well i still have to get that K-Shield and as many toughness I can get on my axer though. Any tip on not dying when all of the enemy attention is seemingly at you?
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Play with your teammates. That's what this game is all about
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm

My teammates seems eager to say in the back and shoot at this couple of person who manage to tie them up for a minute or more, even if there is high cost arts on silver platter abit further
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Oh, I've had games where I get Best Support and/or Best Jammer and -still- have a minus score...it doesn't always mean the person's a bad player, as Support bots can(and will) have games where this happens...the better ones just tend to draw a LOT of fire as players will often adopt a 'kill on sight' mindset towards any Support bot!

...of course, then, there's just days where it doesn't pay to get out there...if you're on a bad streak, go farm Arcantus or something...get back into the groove, then see what happens! Smile
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:40 pm

Retrias wrote:
There is also the inherent problem of everyone not willing to move forward
This will kill you very many times throughout your career.

This is probably one of the number one reasons I die. The other reason being nobody stops the guys advancing IN PLAIN SIGHT and I get ruined by a misty with her shield up as an art.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Biggest thing: stop feeding them BP. Even if you are generating a positive score, feeding 3K cost is leading to your team's downfall. You shouldn't be costing more than ~600, 1200 max.

After that, you need to be able to 1vX for a decent amount of time (~20 seconds) and be able to survive without losing more than 100 or so HP. No one ever wants to be in that situation, but it will happen, and being able to still get one kill in that scenario and escape alive is something you'll want to be able to execute.

Finally, an extension of the above: you should be able to create scenarios that encourage your team to push forward. Things like winning a 1v1 or routing an enemy will slowly get the rest of your team to follow you. If it doesn't work out, no problem, fall back a bit, find another angle and try again.

TL;DR: Lead by example, and no dying allowed.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 6:12 pm

If they sit in the back then you sit in the back with them.
Sticking together is actually one of the best options in game.
As long as the opposition doesnt have like 4 or 5 lands to mow your whole team over cause they are all clustered together farming trees.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:47 pm

also know your role is better... like...

if you a land/melle, try give sign to your mates when you charge at enemy, might they follow ya... and keep cool and dont rush...
if ya an air/gunner... either hit and run or move around your team Arts to protect em...
if ya an Art... know your place and dont try tank those ivis at frontline... stay back and shoot...
if ya a real sup... keep busting trees and carefully support your mates... and try learn when the right timing to repair so not all your mates pull back from frontlines...
if ya a combat sup... do anything suit you above... just dont reckless cause you can have guard damage catridge from all damage type
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Basically:

1) If you simply can't avoid death(I know what Fenix says, and he's right, but you'll eventually face a situation where your death is imminent), die only once. Usually, dying more than once yields a really shitty score no matter how well you do unless you're using low cost bots(as in <900 cost bots, less is better). If you're stuck and there's no hope of rescue or escape and you KNOW you're going to die, charge at the nearest low-HP target and try and take it out before you go down, so at least you go down swinging.

2) Learn to play when outnumbered. You'll be dueling against a single player often, but when you're swarmed by a group, it's useful to know how to fight multiple battles. Exceptional proficiency in basic evasion, mobility, and proficiency in air-to-air AND air-to-ground combat will serve you well. If possible, take out at least one enemy before you retreat(you will have to retreat, if only to save your own ass from being destroyed) so you hurt the enemy. Remember: a bot with 1 HP can be fully regenerated given enough time, but a destroyed bot drags down the other team and helps your team win.

3) In order to get score, you MUST 1) deal damage effectively, 2) mark targets on the radar, which gives you support score, 3) let enemies mark you, for contribution score, 4) kill targets for score and damage, and 5) lend support to your allies. Missing more than three of these elements of scoring usually drags at your score. You don't necessarily need support score or kill score for a high score(in fact, many players get in the top 10 or 15 without killing a single enemy), but you want to be an active combatant to gain high scores. Of course, you also have to avoid dying to maintain that score. Therefore, this leads into my next point...

4) Know when to stand your ground, when to pursue your targets(sometimes deep into enemy territory), when to avoid targeting enemies, and when to flee battle. Remember, your goal AT ALL TIMES IS NOT TO GET SCORE FOR YOURSELF; it is to help your team come out on top! Therefore, you need to be competent at analyzing a tactical situation.
If your enemy is desperately wounded, but multiple reinforcements are incoming, don't pursue the target, no matter how much you want the kill! You will simply end up as fresh meat for the fresher, new enemies who are not battle-wounded like you are. If you know no other enemies are nearby, pursue the target until he or she is nothing more than a pile of scrap metal!
Don't forget to take into account your mobility versus the enemy's. If you're constantly being outmaneuvered and flanked, lay down a bit of suppressive fire, and get the hell out before you're wounded too badly to make it to safety. If YOU are the one outmaneuvering and flanking the target, don't be afraid to press your advantage!
If you're being wounded left and right and you're sure you won't be able to kill the target before he/she kills you, angle yourself towards a friendly bot or bots and hit the afterburners.

5) You should be hyperaware of your surroundings AT ALL TIMES. Many an unwary healer or foolish friendly bot has been ambushed and slain because he or she has failed to keep an eye on the surrounding area and thus failed to see an incoming enemy or an ambush waiting to be sprung. Sweep the area 360 degrees every few seconds, keeping an eye out for enemies. If you're locked in combat, keep an eye out for reinforcements even as you pound the enemy into bloody bits of metal. Learn how to read the radar output, and use it frequently! Remember that enemies who aren't Stealth System-equipped and have been locked onto will show up. Know your position in relation to your teammates and nearby enemies. This will help you evaluate the tactical situation.

6) Analyze the terrain, and use it to your advantage. Knowing to hide behind a hill or how to gain a height advantage the easiest or most efficient way will help you surprise targets and help to shield you from potential death.

tl;dr Master basic skills, and your game will come very far from where it is now. Remember that the goal is to get your team to victory, not to obtain score for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 pm

those ^ 4 5 and 6 in simple : Tab is your friend...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:20 pm

I have negative score all the time

'Sup?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:36 pm

Some people should stop bringing slow fat arts to the front.

Really, I know that you want to shoot the enemy, but when you are taking hits, just go back.

Dull Road:
I'm hitting your fat destructor with a railgun, why do you keep going back to the top of the damn pillar thing. Do you like to be penetrated all that much?

But really, it's not like there will be people with Score over 0, even if everyone plays well.
Unless they have quite a few healers to keep healing them as they get damage, so they get enough score to finally die.
Also, I'm saying this is a room with enough people to have a good enough team based match. 10vs10. Lower is just bleh.

Hyoka, I want the raw of that avatar.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:25 am

BNOISE wrote:
As long as the opposition doesnt have like 4 or 5 lands to mow your whole team over cause they are all clustered together farming trees.
Actually they did. There is an Axer , 2 Hatigarm machine, and boatload of jikuns, I don't know however what our air is doing

I don't exactly hope for everyone to go with positives score, I found new things to worry about.... Cost, they actually cost more than I do. So yeah I think I have to do better,I think I know how to do point 4,5,6 that Firekiller mentioned, So is part of 2 and 3,point 1 is actually my mentality (Eh going to die? take out as many as i can). Well i gues I have to learn to how to actually survive better, thanks guys
Back to top Go down
GunShark
Newcomer
Newcomer
GunShark

Male Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 am

I don't know about the rest, but i look at the damage to cost ratio. Why would you even bother with the score? Unless you're playing support bots.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:09 am

Retrias wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
Actually they did. There is an Axer , 2 Hatigarm machine, and boatload of jikuns, I don't know however what our air is doing

I don't exactly hope for everyone to go with positives score, I found new things to worry about.... Cost, they actually cost more than I do. So yeah I think I have to do better,I think I know how to do point 4,5,6 that Firekiller mentioned, So is part of 2 and 3,point 1 is actually my mentality (Eh going to die? take out as many as i can). Well i gues I have to learn to how to actually survive better, thanks guys

in CBEN i believe still alot airs... just kinda abit need work for teamwork...
in CBJP , Airs are Rarebreed except seraph, baltheon (mostly only appear on epoch, and also start get budged by rouche) and shaden boostered L air.

actually yea... depend how your style, if you like playing with fire (especialy blazed barons are literaly doing this), make sure your damage > cost . if you prefer playing safe , just try not die is moer than enuf...
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:15 am

i judge people from their cost, if they ain't deal ant damage but they also not feed them BP it's fine.
geez i hate when top 10 place lose their cost about 3k - 5k or even more, sometime team loose because of this.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:33 am

Retrias wrote:

That's a problem with CBEN.
Airs think that they can fly so fast that they can solo rush everything and kill everything and never worry about defense.
Lands rush like gods at arts since airs are all flying everywhere just shooting everything that moves out near the enemy ps.
Meanwhile Arts can only sit there at the ally ps like free frags cause they can only shoot at lands and all those lands are either hoppers/teleporting jikuns who can dodge all those zooka shots while minimizing the damage with blast guard or straight up charging lunatics who can rip them to shreds in seconds.

In a good team that actually sticks together, everyone sticks together like a giant organized army without people going off by themselves.
That is a pretty good strategy that works well in cbjp when there is only one major ps and a good team that knows how to use the damage triangle.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:25 am

There are so many things I want to say about how I disagree with a lot of what has been said so far but I'm just so bad at putting my thoughts into words that every time I try it just comes out as gibberish, so I'll try to stay brief about just a few things and it will still probably be gibberish.

Scoreboard cost means little in rooms with variable cost, whether it's high or low. Zero costing probably means you weren't being aggressive enough or your teammates were doing the dying for you, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, it just makes them look worse on the scoreboard even though them dying is critical to a zero-coster's high score. Contrib is a measure of how many opportunities you provided your teammates to do better. Kills are so much more important than just damage, but it doesn't matter who gets the kill on the scoreboard. Damage:cost is a terrible measure of ability because it doesn't take into account who you are damaging. This is taken into account in a hidden bonus or it might be counted in contrib I don't remember. Against a full team of equally skilled players it's pretty unrealistic to expect a 1:1 or better damage to cost ratio (I see this idea of 1:1 damage ratio being the base line for good a lot) unless both sides are turtling.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:05 am

well, sometimes there are team where no matter how good u play, u cant lead your team to victory (be it because they just sit back thinking defense is the best idea or because none of them can survive for more than a couple of seconds against enemy fire/melee spam . . . thats also the fact sometimes enemy team decide to play as a team and your team decide to play everyone on its own and u find only enemy at the battle field fighting 2x1, 5x1 on your teammates and u)

but, to be able to survive, some stuff are needed
1 - a fast bot
2 - to know when to fall back (or get the hell out of your base)
3 - to identify what are the players on enemy team that are leading the attack or making your team die fast (be it a couple of fencers trolling at your spawn point, be it arts with trollol weapons firering from distance or air alphags trolling over your heads) and see what u can do about. if u cant do it alone, try to see if someone else decide to do it with u.
4 - if nothing work, leave the room, your team is screwed anyway Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:18 am

I'm one of the guys who gets a lot of negative scores. #em5
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:03 am

Ah just for the clarification, I don't exactly hate or say think that neg score people is inherently bad.Not being able to withstand enemy fire is one thing, being a survivalist and having as low cost as possible is good. Presenting point to the vanguard axer without even trying to kill him however is not.

Oh I did achieve 1 to 1 Damage Cost Ratio during that time
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:09 am

Damage = Cost is sometime acceptable but watch your head, if you're 3 star or king then i don't think it's good -_-"

i prefer Damage 1.5 more than Cost

still i heard situation now lack of Medic it's hard to stay alive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on minus score teammates
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next