Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your opinion on minus score teammates

Go down 
+22
Squishy
Nymph~
TehPwnstar
Emeraldsun
AzureRathalos
rei_hunter
IronFist
bippusuta
FreedomFighter
GunShark
God is a Cat Girl
Hyoka
FireKiller87
Courius
BNOISE
FenixStryk
Malphes
CapeMike
Stickboy
xzpwnz
hankzorz
Retrias
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:46 am

Malphes wrote:
LXE wrote:
A lot of people are always engineering their bots to beat certain OP bots/players

For instance, I heard there were some Alphag builds that were designed to kill AG.
There are some bots that were engineered to kill Fia and most of them before they even touch Fia, are tested on me or an available Ouka player. #em5
The problem with this is, that most people are doing this out of jealousy. It's a matter of "Hey look, this player's got an OP Bot X! I'm going to build a Bot Y that will kill him and then he'll be sorry for even existing!".

Then you notice that OP bot owners start to quit because of these jealous actions. I don't blame them, I also rage quitted a lot of games because of OP bot hunters. I can't even remember the last time I've actually gotten top 5 in a room using Ouka.
Adaptation at it's best.

Ahue, the problem is that said OP hunters are often weak to most other bots.
For example...Alphags that are soft counters to AG often fall to speedier or melee bots while their attentions are focused on an airborne AG.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 am

Retrias wrote:
Did they even hunt you back to your PS? If yes.... JP player must really hate Gaijins.....

some even eagerly chase me on yellow/red life despite i run to behind crowd of my allies... of course... they dies ganged...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:59 am

LXE wrote:
A lot of people are always engineering their bots to beat certain OP bots/players

For instance, I heard there were some Alphag builds that were designed to kill AG.
There are some bots that were engineered to kill Fia and most of them before they even touch Fia, are tested on me or an available Ouka player. #em5
The problem with this is, that most people are doing this out of jealousy. It's a matter of "Hey look, this player's got an OP Bot X! I'm going to build a Bot Y that will kill him and then he'll be sorry for even existing!".

Then you notice that OP bot owners start to quit because of these jealous actions. I don't blame them, I also rage quitted a lot of games because of OP bot hunters. I can't even remember the last time I've actually gotten top 5 in a room using Ouka.

lol, Ouka WAS OP . . . it still OP against UC bots and some RT bots, but it isnt that OP anymore compared to the new OP bots.

they kill u because u are a sub-vanguard with some ranged attack that can hunt some arts and other bots that are either slow or non-skilled players that can feed u score and allow u to eat a bit of your enemy team BP Wink
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:06 pm

Squishy wrote:
bring back chikan and sitting duck recognitions rororor

in b4 I hog those awards every single match
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:19 pm

people will hunt down an ambusher to hinder him ambushing the teammates

this common sense

if im around with a braod radar bot and notice a person closing in i will go and intercept him

just because that is in most cases fia doesnt mean that i hunt down fia, it means that fia is one of very few players even trying to play with some type of strategy that fits the bot they are using

you will rarely see me chasing you to my death though (i mean like: being lured into my doom, what i do is to fight until i die even if i see it comming, i do that to figure our new battle tactics against some bots i dont fight very often)
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:46 pm

Squishy wrote:
This

Seen Fia played with her Ouka lotsa times. I can copy her playstyle, if I have Ouka...
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Squishy wrote:

Sitting Duck would be very appreciated. A nice negative to the people who rush in and get blasted by multiple players in their suicide rush.

Chicken might not be a good idea since Healers are often out of the battle zone and can receive this negative.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Chikan award? would this be given to the bot that kill/bump mose moebots?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Retrias wrote:
Chikan award? would this be given to the bot that kill/bump mose moebots?
Naw that award is sitting duck if you get hit by a million shots at the same time from charging in trying to anal some moe bots.

Chicken is just that. Being a big fat useless Chicken.

AzureRathalos wrote:

Chicken might not be a good idea since Healers are often out of the battle zone and can receive this negative.
Lol. That's not really a negative since healers outside the battle zone already get -contri pts and they never complain about those.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:44 pm

AzureRathalos wrote:
Squishy wrote:

Sitting Duck would be very appreciated. A nice negative to the people who rush in and get blasted by multiple players in their suicide rush.

and I, once got a swordmaster with 0 cost, > 1000 melee AND -3 contrib, and will I got chiken ?
Back to top Go down
/dev/random
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:55 pm

The problem is that the score system encourages mindless rushing/solo play, and the definition of team falls apart.
The ones with OP bots do good but the rest get screwed.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Melee and contrib are broken in scoring
So most people with 10 br are rambofags or laggers that farm the hell out of contrib
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:07 pm

On the topic of the opening post, my opinion is that negative cost team mates are usually severely outclassed, usually because they don't know what the hell they're doing. This could be not using damage triangle correctly, not being tuned/leveled, running head on into stupid shit, the usual gamut of stupid things that happens. The real problem is that these people for the most part don't learn and adjust--they just keep doing stupid shit, and blaming everyone else (omg op bots, op/pro player) for their woes.

I also like how all the cost herp derps are ignoring bippu's posts, which sum up what's wrong with the 'omg must have low cost to be gud' mindset. Low cost or high damage to cost ratio is nice, but you can't all have 0 cost, for the game to end someone has to get fragged, to get frags you have to take risks, and the scoreboard cost as already stated does not accurately reflect how much BP you really cost your team. In addition, all the damage in the world doesn't mean shit with regards to BP if it didn't end up in a frag. Changing the cost in the equation to actual BP cost would be a nice adjustment to the scoring system.

Coury, I've never felt singled out for being a gaijin on JP when I bother to play, even when we were typing in English a while back during the period where they supposedly really hated us, for whatever reason it was (koi lagarmor and sasha being sasha i think?). About the worst I've seen were some random comments about lag armor and perry's black ships in global back then, might've gotten votekicked once or twice. My username is all in English too, as are my bot names. It's probably more that you use a big fat thoarla often, that is easy to chase and kill.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on minus score teammates
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3