Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your opinion on minus score teammates

Go down 
+22
Squishy
Nymph~
TehPwnstar
Emeraldsun
AzureRathalos
rei_hunter
IronFist
bippusuta
FreedomFighter
GunShark
God is a Cat Girl
Hyoka
FireKiller87
Courius
BNOISE
FenixStryk
Malphes
CapeMike
Stickboy
xzpwnz
hankzorz
Retrias
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 am

Well if you are 3 star or king it's time to haul ass for a while, I know kings can get their cost up to 2-3 times (my 900 cost fencer.... costed the team 2000 something when he died, worth it in gold though)
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 am

Retrias wrote:
Ah just for the clarification, I don't exactly hate or say think that neg score people is inherently bad.Not being able to withstand enemy fire is one thing, being a survivalist and having as low cost as possible is good. Presenting point to the vanguard axer without even trying to kill him however is not.

Oh I did achieve 1 to 1 Damage Cost Ratio during that time
IronFist wrote:

but, to be able to survive, some stuff are needed
1 - a fast bot
2 - to know when to fall back (or get the hell out of your base)
3 - to identify what are the players on enemy team that are leading the attack or making your team die fast (be it a couple of fencers trolling at your spawn point, be it arts with trollol weapons firering from distance or air alphags trolling over your heads) and see what u can do about. if u cant do it alone, try to see if someone else decide to do it with u.
4 - if nothing work, leave the room, your team is screwed anyway Razz

#1, #2 and #3 are there because of that. u need a fast bot to deal against most of the things at CB these days, and VF, VA, VL, are one of the things u need speed. its wise to keep distance from them, but u need to keep distance and keep them under fire, be it flying or at ground, or at distance and firering with heavy weapons untill they die. now, if u cant do anything like that (like u dont have a bot fast enough to keep distance and keep vanguard under fire, just try to survive. and run away. If your teammates see the vanguard is following just u they can start to attack the vanguard while u distract him . . . but if they see u being attacked by the vanguard and they just run away without even trying to help u just because they fear the vanguard, man, that team isnt worth a wooden coin, seriously).

Retrias wrote:
Well if you are 3 star or king it's time to haul ass for a while, I know kings can get their cost up to 2-3 times (my 900 cost fencer.... costed the team 2000 something when he died, worth it in gold though)
2 - to know when to fall back (or get the hell out of your base)

#2 apply here too. If u dont want to cost that much, u have to know when to fall back, or else u will always be with a high cost suiciding and costing even more if u got star or crown
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:06 am

Retrias wrote:

If you're a 3 Star or a crown, you should be fighting as much as possible, because those symbols basically mean you're inflicting major hurt on the enemy team. Of course, you need to know when to get the fuck out of danger too, because a crown basically doubles your cost to the team upon death.

Your damage to cost ratio should be at LEAST 1.25:1(so if you die and take 1200 cost, you should have dealt at least 1500 damage, more is better ofc) for a half-decent score. If you don't die at all, that's a huge plus.

Also...this is personal preference, but if you see your team losing and the situation is fairly hopeless, you should be the one trying to lead a charge at enemy positions. You have to be the leader if nobody else will be. This should apply to every situation no matter if you're losing or winning; you should be the one leading the battle, instead of allowing the battle to lead you.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:52 am

lol....

Negative Score also happens if you dont do anything in battle. Though i've gotten Best Supporter, w/ Negative Score before (Contrib Points go - Negative sometimes), never lost a bot ;3

But yeah, you can't do it on fights that's like

2 on 2s... or 3 on 3s...

Your rate of survival depends on
1) The number of players on your team. (+ Factor, more means more chances of survival.)
2) The RTWhores on your opponent's team. (- Factor, more means you're gonna get killed at a High Rate)
3) Actual skill to kite RTWhores (+ Factor, hard to come by Mad)
4) Farmable Item Droppers ie Trees, Cactus or Barrels (+Factor, more areas to farm on, more chances of actually surviving)
5) Large Map (+Factor, because you can hide anywhere they can't find you.)
6) Rivalries (- Factor, the more infamous you are, the frequently you'll be targetted. Like seriously, they'll -always- aim for you in a match. Teammate or not.)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:05 pm

Okay, if there is one thing I feel really strongly about it's the damage:cost ratio idea everybody seems to have. So, two examples of this being complete bullshit.

I'm using a 1200 cost bot. Let's say I kill ten Frog Landers, each with 150HP costing the enemy team 150BP each and then die to accumulated damage, costing my own team 1500BP after cost inflation. In another scenario I target the good players on the enemy team, say they have an Aquila Girl farming points on our team. I catch it in a bad situation and am able to kill it completely, doing 400 damage and costing the enemy team 1500 BP because of cost inflation and then die for 1500BP because of the score bonus I get from killing players with high scores. In the first situation my damage to cost ratio is 1500:1200. In the second it's 400:1200. But in both situations I had a net BP gain of 0.

Okay, another example. I am using two identically tuned Albatreos, both 1235 cost. In one round I get caught by a Fencer right away and die having done 0 damage and dying for something like 1100 BP. I then come back on the next one and do really well, doing 3000 damage. The next round I start out really strong, doing 3000 damage but then die at the last minute, costing my team 2500BP. In both situations my scoreboard damage to cost ratio is 3000:1235, but because when I died was different my real BP costs weren't even close.

And then of course there is the practically of it all. If damage>cost shows who is a good player, and a room is full of good players, then how would they ever be able reach that without massive amounts of healing (which throws this into even more disarray because it is usually more efficient to have one player die over and over to keep their cost low while the rest of the team stays healed up)? I don't have a single competitive bot with more HP than cost, almost all of them hit between 2-2.5 times more cost than HP. So if I'm playing against an equally skilled team I'm expected to be able to do 2-2.5 times more damage than I take to be considered a good player? That can only realistically happen if the enemy team is worse than you, is using extremely cost efficient low HP bots like k-shield Fizalivan or blast bazooka Build Arm or other people on your team are dying for you.

TL;DR variable cost is okay but the cost on scoreboards should display the real BP cost of person to their team and damage>cost just means you are good at farming bad players and/or the rest of your team is doing the dying for you
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 12:51 pm

rei_hunter wrote:

Your rate of survival depends on
1) The number of players on your team. (+ Factor, more means more chances of survival.)
2) The RTWhores on your opponent's team. (- Factor, more means you're gonna get killed at a High Rate)
3) Actual skill to kite RTWhores (+ Factor, hard to come by Mad)
4) Farmable Item Droppers ie Trees, Cactus or Barrels (+Factor, more areas to farm on, more chances of actually surviving)
5) Large Map (+Factor, because you can hide anywhere they can't find you.)
6) Rivalries (- Factor, the more infamous you are, the frequently you'll be targetted. Like seriously, they'll -always- aim for you in a match. Teammate or not.)

1) right... i love 30 vs 30 battle... alot crowd to hide
2) just hope those RTwhores dont know how to run their bots properly... (not goin happen in CBJP, but often in EN seems)
3) you need to be skilled enuf in this... skilled hopper maybe?
4) just dont forget drop some wonderdrugs to your team medic, they gonna save your sorry skin
5) broad radar negate this, some lone-hunter bots like ivis gonna hunt you down
6) infamous for sux... reason they always aim to me... sigh...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Cmon you can't be that sucky?, Usually the guy who get aimed alot is the guy who either suck, have an exceedingly dangerous bot (Vanguard in some games, really really fat arts hiding somewhere, High damage lands), or well They plain hate you
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:59 pm

My opinion is simple.

Feeders are gonna feed.

Quite often you can't do anything about it since these are the people who refuse to listen to others and do whatever they want. Amusingly enough, they seem to be allergic to healers and will run AWAY from them.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:01 pm

the number 6 occur in CBJP only, easy to notice me there since i own gaijin name and gaijin bot name...(gaijin = outsider, mean non JP name) and yea... ask ppl who used play in Cosmic Break with me, im sux...

in EN i can just mix without problem...

AzureRathalos wrote:
My opinion is simple.

Feeders are gonna feed.

Quite often you can't do anything about it since these are the people who refuse to listen to others and do whatever they want. Amusingly enough, they seem to be allergic to healers and will run AWAY from them.

i just dont bother with those healers, as long they do their jobs imma throw any wonder drugs i found to their face, i dont need em anyway... im kick tree, they kick tree... it's simple...
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:26 pm

have board radar on your bot increase survive rate too >_>
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Courius wrote:
i just dont bother with those healers, as long they do their jobs imma throw any wonder drugs i found to their face, i dont need em anyway...

Well, you just proved my point about people not listening. Good day.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:17 pm

AzureRathalos wrote:
Courius wrote:
i just dont bother with those healers, as long they do their jobs imma throw any wonder drugs i found to their face, i dont need em anyway...

Well, you just proved my point about people not listening. Good day.
He meant the wonder drugs.
Back to top Go down
Emeraldsun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Emeraldsun

Male Posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:55 pm

I don't really care since I don't play to win, this game is gimmicky anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/robert.reeves.3591

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:21 pm

For some reason people who know me are using me as a substitute for Fia and are constantly hunting me down. Nobody lets me play Ouka in peace... #em5
Please stop hunting me, I'm not Fia, and I'm no where as near skilled as her.
Back to top Go down
TehPwnstar

Male Posts : 66

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 pm

I don't mind negative score teammates, as long as they arent ~-1k. Then things are going down.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:28 pm

LXE wrote:
For some reason people who know me are using me as a substitute for Fia and are constantly hunting me down. Nobody lets me play Ouka in peace... #em5

its because u play Ouka Very Happy

do as I do, Shino and brickgale/mecha jetter Razz no one think u can do something with any of them, untill they see u have max WLK/FLY and can dodge while attacking form safe distance and if they try to follow u u just make they follow u to a trap where your team have lots of players waiting Razz

but yes, about players hunting other players just because they are somewhat known or because they made some score (or pissed someone) the last battle(s) . .. it is true . . .

after using my shino a couple of times people start to ignore other players at my team and rush for my shino with fast alphags and fast hurr durr melee . . . u know, no one like someone that just make your team run like crazy around just to end up in a trap or to waste time while the rest of your team take control of the battlefield Rolling Eyes

and about being fast . . many players rely too much on auto-targeting and homming weapons but, lol, shino WLK 40 can dodge even many of AG shots (what even SS size bots with WLK 20 cant, AG shots are somewhat godly accurated) but, being that fast, u make yourself harder to hit if u move dodging shots (because auto-targeting and homming aim directly on where u are but, because of speed u can make dodging possible because shots arent speed 3000 so u have a chance to avoid being hit, small but some chance, because of your bot speed and movement).

sure, untuned bots have much more problems to deal with RT OP bots or fast bots, and it is much worst if it isnt a good RT bot (lets just say that . . . mecha jetter level 3, reach 40 FLY, Izuna level 6, reach 40 FLY, but Izuna have a lot less CAPA left while mecha jetter have a lot of CAPA left so, less for fast take off and whisps, mecha jetter is a lot better . . .get a brickgale and u can have fast take off, get Izuna LGs if u want it that badly and u have whisps . . . I just dont junk my Izuna because I used it for some 5 months, its part of me at CB, even if I never get back to use, I will have it for my memories Razz)
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:23 pm

LXE wrote:
Is that u, an OUKA have problem with an EVE, and then got backstabed by fencer while attacking the PS
I think u should stop trying to break PS with ouka lol!
IronFist wrote:

and about being fast . . many players rely too much on auto-targeting and homming weapons but, lol, shino WLK 40 can dodge even many of AG shots (what even SS size bots with WLK 20 cant, AG shots are somewhat godly accurated) but, being that fast, u make yourself harder to hit if u move dodging shots (because auto-targeting and homming aim directly on where u are but, because of speed u can make dodging possible becaus
I think fengmei has MUCH better accuracy againts LND, somewhat it's dual homming, even if we evade the projectil, the little tornado keep chasing u, I don't know if HOP HOP HOP will work cuz I am bad as hoppers, AG is not really hard to evade if we are fast and not being occupied by another enemies
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 10:33 pm

LXE wrote:
I hunt you so I can show you my moves.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:24 am

Malphes wrote:
LXE wrote:
I hunt you so I can show you my moves.

LXE cannot handle your body.
Back to top Go down
Squishy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Squishy

Female Posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:10 am

bring back chikan and sitting duck recognitions rororor
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 am

LXE wrote:

you know, I got curious and everything I try to search this fia on google..... What i found was a rather stalkerish Video which i don't know if they are joking or not . At least Ouka is pretty small LXE, People hunts my Blaze Baron.... like they are hunting somekind of heretic
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 2:41 am

A lot of people are always engineering their bots to beat certain OP bots/players

For instance, I heard there were some Alphag builds that were designed to kill AG.
There are some bots that were engineered to kill Fia and most of them before they even touch Fia, are tested on me or an available Ouka player. #em5
The problem with this is, that most people are doing this out of jealousy. It's a matter of "Hey look, this player's got an OP Bot X! I'm going to build a Bot Y that will kill him and then he'll be sorry for even existing!".

Then you notice that OP bot owners start to quit because of these jealous actions. I don't blame them, I also rage quitted a lot of games because of OP bot hunters. I can't even remember the last time I've actually gotten top 5 in a room using Ouka.

Last edited by LXE on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:15 am

how about my case? did they think "hey this gaijin is free frag, nuke her!!" ?
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 4:08 am

Did they even hunt you back to your PS? If yes.... JP player must really hate Gaijins.....
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:13 am

LXE wrote:
A lot of people are always engineering their bots to beat certain OP bots/players

For instance, I heard there were some Alphag builds that were designed to kill AG.
There are some bots that were engineered to kill Fia and most of them before they even touch Fia, are tested on me or an available Ouka player. #em5
The problem with this is, that most people are doing this out of jealousy. It's a matter of "Hey look, this player's got an OP Bot X! I'm going to build a Bot Y that will kill him and then he'll be sorry for even existing!".

Then you notice that OP bot owners start to quit because of these jealous actions. I don't blame them, I also rage quitted a lot of games because of OP bot hunters. I can't even remember the last time I've actually gotten top 5 in a room using Ouka.
Adaptation at it's best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion on minus score teammates   What is your opinion on minus score teammates - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion on minus score teammates
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next