Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "Quit Doing That" Guide

Go down 
+48
Courius
Malphes
PandaRehab
Arti
Aurum_Sol
Kauhava
falcon1
Nisa
IAmTheGuy
aquietfrog
ziix
Broken
Tuskin
Rinrin
Glass
Shaftronics
God is a Cat Girl
FreedomFighter
Klinkin
hyorinryu
blead
MicroVolts
Aria
Kecepirit
yilx
Trill
Nymph~
Falads
Raven
rei_hunter
ngelicdark
Hyoka
xzpwnz
FireKiller87
efaj
Yokura
CapeMike
Intet
Midona
Suguri
Fireflywater
BNOISE
Hellenisti
AnTi90d
fggt
Cybernetic
Kitouski
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:22 pm

PropBSJ, Rear Wing are still fail with a slot. Wing AMJs are halfway decent if they come with a slot. But it's still so cost ineffective it hurts, so it's not like you would ever use that slots for any endgame builds anyways.

RT Charge campaign joints are a different case though, those are nifty.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Trill wrote:
Is it effective?

I'm sure it works okay, but I've never been keen on a fly based hopper on anything but air bots. Not sure if derpstructor has floatdash either, but I'd have rather used it.

It's not a hop hop spam. It's hop and FLY. It's missing Accel Roll though.

Hopping Accel Roll Destructors are pro.
Back to top Go down

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Raven wrote:

Don't forget moving burst and a zero respawn ticket. /sarcasm
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:21 pm

808 wrote:
Raven wrote:

there's no need for a respawn ticket

i seen this vid in forums a while back where there was this high flying destructor with just a grandum bs and some random gun pwning the crap out of everyone
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:59 pm

808 wrote:
Raven wrote:

Nope. People seem to derp hard when fighting hoppers. Same with Accel Roll/Air Loop users.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:57 pm

whats wrong with being targetted?
well, not that i expect teamplay much though.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 am

Kecepirit wrote:
whats wrong with being targetted?

Bullets kill you.

Updated the guide with the whole "mega-melee" thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:36 am

Well I only use my Wing Plus AMJs when in Quests.

But that kuten needs some serious spanking.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:48 am

being targetted and getting hit are two different things.

example in case, maxis' railgun have more range than most other weapons, if the one you're shooting at have maximum draw distance, they would be able to see you or at least track where they were getting hit from, but not necessarily hit you back.
now what if they saw a delicious fat grandum maxis walking coffin out the distance? tunnel vision.
you guess what happens next.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:04 am

The above is a fair point. Unless I recognize the player or weaponry associated with a fatbot as threatening, a lot of players, myself included, have no compunctions against tunnel visioning a fatty for that assumed free kill.

Still though, if you're going to be that large, you really don't want to be anywhere that you're going to be excessively shot at, unless you're like a 40 tgh 800 HP dae with k-shields or something.
Back to top Go down
MicroVolts
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MicroVolts

Male Posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 am

Quoted from a clanmate:

"If a VF/VA or other OP lnds walk up to ur maril (me), run to your nearest fat art ally"

Hope this explains sth.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:58 am

Kitouski wrote:
The point is that meleeing while you melee so you can melee while you melee isn't necessarily a good thing.

I lol'd a lot at this.
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Not that I support this "mega meleeing" in any way, but I think it should be mentioned you get a damage multiplier when you combo off of your melees. Not that it supports the mega meleeing enough to actually use it, but someone might bring it up in the future.

Also, I'm not that sold on whole hitbox thing when it comes to fencers. If you're dealing with an ABR seraph, or anything else that shoots, sure. But I fail to see how a Vanguard would be able to take advantage of someone's hitbox without shooting himself. As for the "50+ health is void the moment you take damage," that assumes that if you had the smaller hitbox, you would not get hit at all, which isn't true. Unless you can confirm that those hits were solely due to the increased hitbox, chances are you would have gotten hit anyway, and be down to even less health. 50+ health can be a huge difference, especially when there's a medic on your team.

Finally, when you say you want a "small hitbox," do you mean as small as possible, or thin? I remember someone saying that many builds like to make themselves as thin as possible.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:44 pm

hyorinryu wrote:
Not that I support this "mega meleeing" in any way, but I think it should be mentioned you get a damage multiplier when you combo off of your melees. Not that it supports the mega meleeing enough to actually use it, but someone might bring it up in the future.

Also, I'm not that sold on whole hitbox thing when it comes to fencers. If you're dealing with an ABR seraph, or anything else that shoots, sure. But I fail to see how a Vanguard would be able to take advantage of someone's hitbox without shooting himself. As for the "50+ health is void the moment you take damage," that assumes that if you had the smaller hitbox, you would not get hit at all, which isn't true. Unless you can confirm that those hits were solely due to the increased hitbox, chances are you would have gotten hit anyway, and be down to even less health. 50+ health can be a huge difference, especially when there's a medic on your team.

Finally, when you say you want a "small hitbox," do you mean as small as possible, or thin? I remember someone saying that many builds like to make themselves as thin as possible.

Increased hitbox = higher chance of being struck by a stray shot. It's proven, a fatter target has more things for you to shoot at to inflict damage. Any increased health you obtain by using fatass parts is null and void once you get slammed by a nuclear missile that a smaller mecha/moebot could have outflown or simply dodged.

Small hitbox...ideally, short, thin, compact. Seraph Crim is all this without using her Wings. LazFlamme is thin, but she's lengthy once you stick on LazFlamme BS. Beezle/Frog Lander/all those gimmicky low cost bots are all this, mostly why they're so fucking annoying to 95% of the community.
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:09 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:

Increased hitbox = higher chance of being struck by a stray shot. It's proven, a fatter target has more things for you to shoot at to inflict damage. Any increased health you obtain by using fatass parts is null and void once you get slammed by a nuclear missile that a smaller mecha/moebot could have outflown or simply dodged.

Small hitbox...ideally, short, thin, compact. Seraph Crim is all this without using her Wings. LazFlamme is thin, but she's lengthy once you stick on LazFlamme BS. Beezle/Frog Lander/all those gimmicky low cost bots are all this, mostly why they're so fucking annoying to 95% of the community.

If a small bot can outfly it, a large bot can too. 40 FLY is 40 FLY. Also, in your argument "could" is the key word. That small bot could have gotten hit too, and have even less health as a result.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:22 pm

hyorinryu wrote:
Also, I'm not that sold on whole hitbox thing when it comes to fencers. If you're dealing with an ABR seraph, or anything else that shoots, sure. But I fail to see how a Vanguard would be able to take advantage of someone's hitbox without shooting himself. As for the "50+ health is void the moment you take damage," that assumes that if you had the smaller hitbox, you would not get hit at all, which isn't true.
"50+ health being void" assumes that you get hit at least two less times with something like skullroid lg compared to something like big mountaiz lg. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to dodge at least two more shots in that life with skullroid lg.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Suguri wrote:
hyorinryu wrote:
Also, I'm not that sold on whole hitbox thing when it comes to fencers. If you're dealing with an ABR seraph, or anything else that shoots, sure. But I fail to see how a Vanguard would be able to take advantage of someone's hitbox without shooting himself. As for the "50+ health is void the moment you take damage," that assumes that if you had the smaller hitbox, you would not get hit at all, which isn't true.
"50+ health being void" assumes that you get hit at least two less times with something like skullroid lg compared to something like big mountaiz lg. I'm pretty sure I'd be able to dodge at least two more shots in that life with skullroid lg.
they should make it that if you get shot in the head, it's auto crit
if you lose your head, it's auto death instead of just losing all radar

then big mountainz leg would be really good
and having a puny head like ghost raider head would be godly
Back to top Go down

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 4:57 pm

hyorinryu wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

If a small bot can outfly it, a large bot can too. 40 FLY is 40 FLY. Also, in your argument "could" is the key word. That small bot could have gotten hit too, and have even less health as a result.

"Could" is just being honest about the fact that not everything works 100% of the time. You're trying to engineer success, but that doesn't mean anything is absolute. If the wording was "will", then there would already be a thread about how OP that bot/play-style is, right? Just because it isn't an absolute defense, doesn't change the fact that being small means being harder to hit and being bigger means being easier to hit. Its the difference between throwing a snowball at a UPS truck and throwing the same snowball at a geo metro going the same speed.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 5:22 pm

hyorinryu wrote:

Kitouski wrote:
This is NOT me saying using more then one melee weapon is a bad idea, it's just that you should have a reason to make your bot unreasonably expensive.

Including things like Squealer + Almost anything, Zero Step + Reaper Scythe, really anything that's not black and white which is why I used facepalm'able examples to not put anyone off. Though just for the sake of it, I'll edit in the whole multiplier thing just so people understand what I mean.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 pm

Hey Kitou, I've got another person for you to go beat up.

Spoiler:

Tried to tell him it was dumb, he wouldn't listen. Typical wiz. :<
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:56 pm

I can think of one excellent reason for an Air bot to use a Ballista Shooter over a Power Shooter: Ballista Shooters are in the Super UC Gara. Power Shooters are RT-only.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:40 pm

Klinkin wrote:
I can think of one excellent reason for an Air bot to use a Ballista Shooter over a Power Shooter: Ballista Shooters are in the Super UC Gara. Power Shooters are RT-only.
Indeed, I only said that Power is always better then Ballista. If you can't get a Power, I already posted this on the Ballista itself;

Kitouski wrote:
I won't get into using a Ballistic Shooter or not without Power Shooter on a AIR though, considering I want to list big "common sense" things that are black and white. Even though I think it's a bad pair up, there's room for debate there for me to state anything.

Suguri wrote:
Hey Kitou, I've got another person for you to go beat up.

Spoiler:

OMAGAD, I HATE JIKUNS WITH SWORDS SO MUCH. Q_Q
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Kitouski wrote:
Klinkin wrote:
Indeed, I only said that Power is always better then Ballista. If you can't get a Power, I already posted this on the Ballista itself

Ballista Shooter Mod applies? Surprised
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 pm

Ballista Shooter Mod has nice DPS iirc. Bowguns in general are well-suited for airs, since the projectile arc they have makes it easier to hit targets directly below you than with guns that have no arc to them.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 11:54 pm

Suguri wrote:
Ballista Shooter Mod has nice DPS iirc. Bowguns in general are well-suited for airs, since the projectile arc they have makes it easier to hit targets directly below you than with guns that have no arc to them.

Well sometimes I hit AIRs with 40+ Damage on 1 arrow shot (40 tec).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Quit Doing That" Guide
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next