Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "Quit Doing That" Guide

Go down 
+48
Courius
Malphes
PandaRehab
Arti
Aurum_Sol
Kauhava
falcon1
Nisa
IAmTheGuy
aquietfrog
ziix
Broken
Tuskin
Rinrin
Glass
Shaftronics
God is a Cat Girl
FreedomFighter
Klinkin
hyorinryu
blead
MicroVolts
Aria
Kecepirit
yilx
Trill
Nymph~
Falads
Raven
rei_hunter
ngelicdark
Hyoka
xzpwnz
FireKiller87
efaj
Yokura
CapeMike
Intet
Midona
Suguri
Fireflywater
BNOISE
Hellenisti
AnTi90d
fggt
Cybernetic
Kitouski
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 12:04 am

Suguri wrote:
And against someone that isn't comatose, your izuna wisps will probably stop hitting after the first salvo since their homing is pretty...bad, to say the least.
No no no! HOMING IZ AMAZING! IT BETTER THAN STURBANGR MISSILES AND HANDY LAZERS!
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:36 am

Looking for suggestions to add to the list.

BNOISE wrote:
Suguri wrote:
And against someone that isn't comatose, your izuna wisps will probably stop hitting after the first salvo since their homing is pretty...bad, to say the least.
No no no! HOMING IZ AMAZING! IT BETTER THAN STURBANGR MISSILES AND HANDY LAZERS!
Funny how you pick two things that aren't all that bad at all, given Sturbanger Std missiles are fine if you're willing to put in the effort to make him any good, and Handy Laser is the only laser worth using at all besides Power Laser as well as lasers aren't "homing".

Suguri wrote:
BNOISE wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Spamming wisps is usually an unproductive waste of time if you are targeting multiple targets.
fix'd
What.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 am

Is Mega Meleeing still part of this guide? Cuz the Mega-melee laz makes me think otherwise D:
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 4:02 am

Kitouski wrote:
Looking for suggestions to add to the list.

BNOISE wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Funny how you pick two things that aren't all that bad at all, given Sturbanger Std missiles are fine if you're willing to put in the effort to make him any good, and Handy Laser is the only laser worth using at all besides Power Laser as well as lasers aren't "homing".

Handy laser?

First time I heard that.
Back to top Go down
aquietfrog
aquietfrog

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:22 am

I find that Izuna Wisps tend to trigger a lot of rage from veteran players. I think it could be used as a kind of lure to provoke a tunnel vision rage attack...

... if only CBEN had teamwork this could have been a plausible tactic...
Back to top Go down
IAmTheGuy

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:02 am

aquietfrog wrote:
I find that Izuna Wisps tend to trigger a lot of rage from veteran players. I think it could be used as a kind of lure to provoke a tunnel vision rage attack...

... if only CBEN had teamwork this could have been a plausible tactic...

I've been aquila girled one too many times to give a damn about wisps.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Kitouski wrote:
Handy Laser is the only laser worth using at all besides Power Laser
Proton Laser where?

Your Laz needs a x3 great rapid alpha laser
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:33 pm

<---former Izuna LG2 spammer here

Did I hear somebody say that wisp homing is good?

Note: Wisp spamming is absolute shit. Even when I played Izuna Kamui LG2 on Crim(as a noob, no less) I found they successfully inflicted high damage to a target maybe a few times, certainly no more than a few times every five or ten arena games. Any player with working hands and a decent comp can easily avoid the wisps.

Tail Wisps basically home in on the exact location of your target. If the target moves at ALL, the wisps have a hell lot of trouble adjusting their movement(their induction rate, or the rate at which the wisps curve to adjust to target movement, is complete shit).

Theoretically, your wisps will deal the most damage to a target that is stationary and will have difficulty moving from their location, so this makes Alpha Strikers/fatass ARTs your most common targets. The problem is, people are gonna figure out you're sending flying purple things at them from above, and they're gonna use your vulnerability when spamming wisps to kick the living shit out of you.

The effect is also boosted, as Suguri pointed out, if you're directly above your target when the wisps are RELEASED(it doesn't do shit if you're over the target when you activate, cuz you'll fly right past your target).
Spamming wisps at any time is a waste of your effort, not to mention locking you in a straight line of movement(-cough-FLYING MISSILES AT MY HEAD AND I CAN'T DODGE CUZ I'M SPAMMING WISPS-cough-). Directing your wisps at multiple targets at any time is also a waste, as you're effectively splitting your potential damage to both bots in half(Izuna Kamui LG2 sends 8 wisps with 7 Force, so you get max 56 damage on a single target if all eight wisps strike. Cutting damage in half means you get 28 damage on two bots, assuming all eight wisps strike their intended targets, which is almost impossible seeing how easy wisps are to dodge).

tl;dr Wisp spammers are scrubs and the weapon generally sucks. They aren't to be discounted if they're in the right hands, though.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:07 pm

Bleh at wisps. Don't like them, they have their (very limited) uses, and they're great while you're in the circle/triangle rank rooms. I'm going to avoid writing something on them.

Hyoka wrote:
Handy laser?

First time I heard that.
Handy Laser is 60 cost for -2 stats and 10 force. SUP, AIR and LND as well can use it.

Laser is 100 cost for -4 stats and 10 force. Only difference is 50 more ammo (which is a derp amount) and 10 more range. Only SUP and AIR can use it.

Proton Laser is 140 cost for -5 stats and 12 force. Less range, more ammo. Only AIR and SUP can use it. *stares at Suguri's post* ...cannot tell if trolling because I hardly ever use lasers, but I can't imagine paying 80 cost and -3 stats is worth 2 force and some ammo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 7:15 pm

Force makes a massive difference on lasers when you consider how quickly they fire. The 20% damage increase from a proton laser can easily pop 50~70 if you sink a full clip on someone with an untuned aquila. Imagine a 3s one with force tunes and more tec.

Should probably point out at this point that Baltheon AM is still viable too.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:11 am

Suguri wrote:
Force makes a massive difference on lasers when you consider how quickly they fire. The 20% damage increase from a proton laser can easily pop 50~70 if you sink a full clip on someone with an untuned aquila. Imagine a 3s one with force tunes and more tec.

Should probably point out at this point that Baltheon AM is still viable too.

Speaking of which, Laser weapons are beam-based damage, yes?

I rarely use lasers, but when I do, I find they're hard to gauge their effective ranges with, because even if they're not striking the target, from your viewpoint it appears as if they are.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 am

Baltheon arms have always been good. I slapped them on a garuda sadie and fried people once for giggles.

The hardest part of lasers is putting them on something that can get that close though, I don't think I would want to run them in this meta considering what's out there. It works, just so would a few other things. Put them on a sword wing or something... zap people.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:56 am

Don't forget the Herizanus(spelling?)' built-in laser...very effective overall with impressive tracking and range! Smile
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:35 am

Herianzus.
Back to top Go down
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:04 am

I was trying to hint the act of mindless rushing in my previous post here.

Noone should EVER rush directly in front of enemy territory.
Back to top Go down
aquietfrog
aquietfrog

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:39 am

FireKiller87 wrote:

tl;dr Wisp spammers are scrubs and the weapon generally sucks. They aren't to be discounted if they're in the right hands, though.

Yep, wisp spamming sucks... I only hit about 1 out of ten times I use it, and it usually hits only fat slow targets. But when I use it, most of the time someone would rage or type up insults calling me noob or a retard or something similar. I then have a stationary target who's busy typing instead of fighting. Of course I'll use my then otherwise worthless wisp spamming on him and use my other weapon's ammo on something else that's actually moving.

I'm mostly using the izuna leg because of the + 4 fly. If I were rich I'd be using a cheaper LG with less cost and better stats, but I'm poor and mostly UC player so I make do with what I have. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:46 am

aquietfrog wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

Yep, wisp spamming sucks... I only hit about 1 out of ten times I use it, and it usually hits only fat slow targets. But when I use it, most of the time someone would rage or type up insults calling me noob or a retard or something similar. I then have a stationary target who's busy typing instead of fighting. Of course I'll use my then otherwise worthless wisp spamming on him and use my other weapon's ammo on something else that's actually moving.

I'm mostly using the izuna leg because of the + 4 fly. If I were rich I'd be using a cheaper LG with less cost and better stats, but I'm poor and mostly UC player so I make do with what I have. Neutral

UC Lazflamme.

Put extra BS on.

Problem solved. Not worth the insane cost for the LGs + the compulsary BS.
Back to top Go down
aquietfrog
aquietfrog

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Shaftronics wrote:

UC Lazflamme.

Put extra BS on.

Problem solved. Not worth the insane cost for the LGs + the compulsary BS.

I did that for my second crimrose. I know I can buy another UC Lazflamme, but lately all my UC goes to super UC gara...

Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:24 pm

Glass wrote:
I was trying to hint the act of mindless rushing in my previous post here.

But that's the purpose of L sized Lands!

To break defensive lines /fortification and hopefully your teamates will use that confusion and chaos to invade.

works well with my dae,

Sit under enemy powerspot,recover hp due to stun.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Nisa wrote:
Glass wrote:

But that's the purpose of L sized Lands!
Herp.

I'm hoping you just misunderstood him and didn't seriously mean that.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:15 pm

Dos should quit bringing heal bits to epoch. Having a bad day, I come home, get on CB and some idiots in offense are in a heal pit, it's pillar time.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:17 pm

falcon1 wrote:
Dos should quit bringing heal bits to epoch. Having a bad day, I come home, get on CB and some idiots in offense are in a heal pit, it's pillar time.
I've seen it more in wiz and brd than I have in dos.

I recommend teampillaring the morons that do that while spamming a macro along the lines of "DON'T HEAL IN EPOCH YOU DUMBASS".
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Suguri wrote:
falcon1 wrote:
I've seen it more in wiz and brd than I have in dos.

I recommend teampillaring the morons that do that while spamming a macro along the lines of "DON'T HEAL IN EPOCH YOU DUMBASS".

You'd do the same huh? It's disappointing seeing hexagons in a heal pit.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

I don't remember the last time I was in a wiz epoch without at least two diamond koko healers on the team.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:51 pm

That moment when you see your defensive team abandon their posts and go after stragglers instead of pelting those breakers. Quit it, I say.

Or is it just my epoch shift?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "Quit Doing That" Guide   The "Quit Doing That" Guide - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The "Quit Doing That" Guide
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next