Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD

Go down 
+9
Mac2492
FireKiller87
Suguri
Arti
Fireflywater
Asagi-san
hankzorz
Senhime
AzusaNyann
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AzusaNyann
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzusaNyann

Male Posts : 100

My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD Empty
PostSubject: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Questions about the Destructor Bot :

So far all my bots are making me feed in the Arena o.o" And I found out that only the Destructors are faring well for me. So well .. here we go OTL

1.) Is he better than the Destructor CN bot?

2.) I've seen some of the guides and they say - Bigger doesn't always mean better -

But I kinda have Two-Misside Arms and Two Two Way Rockets as my weapons. Should I remove something D:? Or is it ok?

3.) Which should I get first and last? Tec - Walk - Fly or TGH?

Thanks in advance :3 !
Back to top Go down
Senhime
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Senhime

Male Posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:02 pm

1.) Destructor is a backline bot, he stay from afar and snipe, while CN is a midline bot, zooking down enemy.
I prefer Destructor for his AA missile
2.) Misside AM have shitty ammo and you should replace the Two Way Missile with Box Missile that can be obtain in Mission and UC gara
3.) Go for Tec first, then Fly
Back to top Go down
AzusaNyann
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzusaNyann

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Which Missions should I try out for the box-missiles o.o?

Back to top Go down
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:08 pm

1) Destructor CN is not necessarily better than the regular one. They just have different internal weapons. CN has a bazooka while the regular one has anti-air missiles.

2) Since you're new to CB, it's okay for now. I enjoy messing around with my bots and disregard efficiency every once in a while. If you want to be efficient, the misside arms and two way missiles are not viable options.

3) Walk/fly depending on your preference. I'd recommend fly because you'll often find yourself getting chased by LND types and it'd be hard to outrun them, but out-boosting is possible. TGH of 16 should be okay and lastly tec for damage.

If you just want to have fun though, you can just pool all your stats to tec and have fun with your higher damage output.

Back to top Go down
hankzorz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
hankzorz

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 pm

AzusaNyann wrote:
Which Missions should I try out for the box-missiles o.o?

Gigan I think. 0_0 Or you can just roll UC garapon for a 3 slot one.
Back to top Go down
AzusaNyann
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzusaNyann

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 pm

Im doing fine with Misside Arms and Two-way missiles - Usually getting up to 3k points in a game - but what do I swap them with though o.o? All my weapons are mostly small-types and Air.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Personally I prefer Destructor CN; his internal is a zook, which means it's not affected by Seraph's anti-homing wings. The regular destructor's internal is AA Missiles, which can veer off course if the target has anti-homing. However, the good thing is that you don't have to aim with the internal; CN's internal requires you to aim at your target.

The case of "bigger isn't always better" is usually agreed upon. People like having low cost tiny bots, but if you can deal enough damage with a fat bot, I'm fine with that.

Misside AMs look nice, but due to the cost (+85 cost I think?) and low ammo, you're better off using something else like Accel Saber for more TEC and less cost.

As Senhime noted, Box Missiles are a good way to go in terms of missiles; they don't cost as much as the 2-way missiles you're talking about. Of course, there are other alternatives, but Box Missiles are nice.

As for stats, tune for TEC, and then if your capa or other stats allow it, tune for the mobility stat of your choice, although FLY is preferred.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:35 pm

AzusaNyann wrote:
1.) Is he better than the Destructor CN bot?
Both have different playstyles. CN has a nice bazooka mounted on him, so you don't need another bazooka/main weapon even. Regular has nice AA missiles that are similar to Grandum BS, not needed the use of it.

AzusaNyann wrote:
2.) I've seen some of the guides and they say - Bigger doesn't always mean better -
But I kinda have Two-Misside Arms and Two Two Way Rockets as my weapons. Should I remove something D:? Or is it ok?
It's okay provided you Alpha strike alot. Misside's recharge time might kill it though, but if you're okay with it, then it's alright.

AzusaNyann wrote:
3.) Which should I get first and last? Tec - Walk - Fly or TGH?
TEC, a movement stat (WLK or FLY, which ever you perfer), then TGH.
Back to top Go down
AzusaNyann
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzusaNyann

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Yush - Thanks alot guys xD -

Oh - I just gotten a volcano-grenade on 1 x1 UC roll just now - Should I put it with the Destructor bot D:? I like how those Melee units go the wrong way when they plan on targeting me xD Trololol~
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:00 pm

Protip: Roll UC gara 5x, it's more cost-efficient. Totally worth saving up for.
20x is just as cost-efficient as 5x, just with a lower gold rate. It's better (but more time-consuming) to just roll 5x four times than it is to roll 20x once.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Volcano Grenades.... they used to be nice when they first came out - the force on that thing is pretty naisu. Nowadays, I don't see it anymore except for a select few who stick two of them on a bot and alpha.

Volcano Grenade is an ok weapon - you're going to have to aim with it though. The grenades arc when fired and don't gain much distance, so it may take some practice. Inflict burn status is also nice, but it also gives max FLY to the person affected, so if you've hit burn status on a Blaze Baron....

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

AzusaNyann wrote:
Im doing fine with Misside Arms and Two-way missiles - Usually getting up to 3k points in a game - but what do I swap them with though o.o? All my weapons are mostly small-types and Air.
If you're getting 3k score with your current setup, I wouldn't bother changing anything yet. You've been playing...how long, again? If you're as low rank as I think, 3k's doing pretty well.

I'd wait until you have more things to work with and understand the flow of the game better before you start messing with things.

Eventually though, I'd recommend changing the arms for something like accel saber am or destructor am2. Weapons could be changed to a viper shield with a bazooka or missile of your choice (personally, I'd recommend: Ballistic Launcher, Ramjet Launcher, Box Missiles, Toybox AM, Large Bazooka, Blast Bazooka, Middle Bazooka, Bazooka, or Handy Bazooka)

Asagi-san wrote:
Volcano Grenades.... they used to be nice when they first came out - the force on that thing is pretty naisu. Nowadays, I don't see it anymore except for a select few who stick two of them on a bot and alpha.
Volnades are a great weapon, but most people can't be arsed to learn grenade arc. Probably why you never seen Ion users despite how mobile and powerful she is.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Suguri wrote:
Volnades are a great weapon, but most people can't be arsed to learn grenade arc. Probably why you never seen Ion users despite how mobile and powerful she is.

Isn't volnades harder to aim with due to the "weight" of the ammunition?

And y I no see Ion tho. GO PLAY MOAR ON YOUR ALT, SUGU.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Asagi-san wrote:

Isn't volnades harder to aim with due to the "weight" of the ammunition?
I forget if it's either range or speed that causes the drop to start. All I know is the projectile flies straight until it hits the breakpoint dictated by one of the two.

Asagi-san wrote:

And y I no see Ion tho. GO PLAY MOAR ON YOUR ALT, SUGU.
I play with her every day. ;__;

in every sense of the word
Back to top Go down
AzusaNyann
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzusaNyann

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:00 pm

I have no idea how to reply with small boxes o.o .. Anyways..

Arti : Should I save for the seraph-promotion though ~ Or use it for the UC gacha to get a chance to get all the weapons Suguri mentioned.

Suguri : Around 20-30ish - But I spent loads of the time getting the basics and farming in Arcantus/Haku- and about the Volnades - I always hit with it because I use it at point-blank range xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:04 pm

AzusaNyann wrote:
Arti : Should I save for the seraph-promotion though
Theres a seraph promo in Super UC Gara, spam it and get it before it disappears!
Oh, and also, always promo a Lvl 10 Crimrose, never Level 9 or 8.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:10 pm

LXE wrote:
AzusaNyann wrote:
Theres a seraph promo in Super UC Gara, spam it and get it before it disappears!
Can't change parts on summer seraph though, and locked parts are asdfghjkl;' when it comes to tuning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
AzusaNyann wrote:
Can't change parts on summer seraph though, and locked parts are asdfghjkl;' when it comes to tuning.
I think of Seraph SP as an MJG with wings.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:47 pm

LXE wrote:
Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
I think of Seraph SP as an MJG with wings.

She looks a lot better without all that fugly metal on her too.

Locked parts are a sort of double-edged sword when it comes to tuning. For one, you can restore broken slots simply by junking poor Crim, and you know what you're working with. No customization, but you can more easily plan out a good build using Summer Seraph.
On the other hand, junking her ass resets her level(erases any Lv5 or Lv8 Removers too) and resets any successful tunes also. So that's something to consider.

EDIT: Learning Grenade arcs is pretty easy. If you've ever explored in-depth the game mechanics used in Gunbound or any game of that type, you usually have a basic idea of how to learn CB Grenade arcs, except you can't measure angles, and you're set at a fixed power unless you tune it up.
Example: Using a regular Grenade on my Cyclotes, I move the targeting recticle as far up as it can go and fire off. The distance appears to be a little more than the radius of your radar circle.

Volcano Grenade is probably different due to the difference in range and speed, but the basic derivation of distance traveled by the projectile is the same.
Also remember that 45 degrees angled up from the ground will give you maximum distance(within range limits), and the distance distribution takes on a bell shaped curve. Basically means that distance traveled gets shorter as your angle increases or decreases from the high of 45 degrees.
Back to top Go down
AzusaNyann
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzusaNyann

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 7:16 am

Is it rare or smthing to get the promotion o.o? I only have like .. 50k? .. *so poor* -dies-
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

I got my first one after 400k, so...
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:22 pm

Of course it's rare. =P
I got mine after about 200-300k. I believe [It] Lucky Cubes also have a chance of giving Seraph Promotion, and Super UC hands those out too.

Just so you know, Super UC Garapon is currently one of the best ways to spend your UC. Tune-up materials are always nice, and those are the bottom tier prizes. The bits are just okay, but you're paying 400 per set of 5/10 bits that are better than shop ones. Accessories add one or two stats with no extra cost (unless you tune them). The weapons are all three-slotted (Pom Poms with three slots = win). All the gold prizes are great, though I would personally like to stop getting Neon Neos at this point (five BDs, one BD2 so far). Oh, and a single limit remove more than makes up for the cost of 20 rolls. The level 8 limit removal costs 25k normally, so you might as well Super UC three times and have a shot at the limit removal. In the worst-case scenario you'll just end up with 60 items, which really isn't bad at all.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:23 pm

Mac2492 wrote:
Of course it's rare. =P
I got mine after about 200-300k. I believe [It] Lucky Cubes also have a chance of giving Seraph Promotion, and Super UC hands those out too.

Just so you know, Super UC Garapon is currently one of the best ways to spend your UC. Tune-up materials are always nice, and those are the bottom tier prizes. The bits are just okay, but you're paying 400 per set of 5/10 bits that are better than shop ones. Accessories add one or two stats with no extra cost (unless you tune them). The weapons are all three-slotted (Pom Poms with three slots = win). All the gold prizes are great, though I would personally like to stop getting Neon Neos at this point (five BDs, one BD2 so far). Oh, and a single limit remove more than makes up for the cost of 20 rolls. The level 8 limit removal costs 25k normally, so you might as well Super UC three times and have a shot at the limit removal. In the worst-case scenario you'll just end up with 60 items, which really isn't bad at all.

I have spent every 8k UC I've gotten so far, and no SP promo. I usually roll UC every day(sometimes twice or three times) or every other day at least. So yes, it's rare. You can talk to my clannies n they'll tell you how much I rage over not getting one ;_;

And no, the Lv8 Limit Removal costs 50k UC. CS decided to cut the price in half temporarily.

A lot of my gold prizes are parts I've already gotten ten fricken copies of...but hey, Crim can eat them all...
Back to top Go down
Mac2492
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
I have spent every 8k UC I've gotten so far, and no SP promo. I usually roll UC every day(sometimes twice or three times) or every other day at least. So yes, it's rare. You can talk to my clannies n they'll tell you how much I rage over not getting one ;_;

And no, the Lv8 Limit Removal costs 50k UC. CS decided to cut the price in half temporarily.

A lot of my gold prizes are parts I've already gotten ten fricken copies of...but hey, Crim can eat them all...
At least they're not as rare as Ro cubes. That one guy who rolled 1m UC didn't get a single one, and I don't know a single person who has gotten one. xP

Didn't know the actual cost of limit removals because I started last month and the price cut was already in effect. Thanks for the info. xP

By the way... Based on that person's numbers, the estimated amount of UC you'd have to spend to get the Seraph Promotion is ~170.5k (rounds to 176k). Of course, it all comes down to luck. We have people rolling normal garapons once and getting the top gold prize, but we also have people rolling 40 times and not getting a single gold.
calculation used:
Back to top Go down
aquietfrog
aquietfrog

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 am

I got 3 seraph promotions from lotto cubes/challenge lotto cubes, plus a "B" version, and a summer version from Super UC gara.

In my opinion, it's better to just farm for lotto cubes, and roll super uc gara if you're still just levelling your crimrose to 10. If you're crimrose is already at 10 and you can't wait, then you might as well buy the promo off the shop.

just don't feel too bad if you get a seraph promotion from the free lotto cube on the next day's login giveaway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD   My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD Empty

Back to top Go down

My last question of the day >.<! Promise xD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next