Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread

Go down 
+27
Yokura
FreedomFighter
pulupulu
Rinrin
Damocles_n
Klinkin
FenixStryk
HashiriyaR32
BNOISE
Feign
boytitan2
Emeraldsun
ngelicdark
EMPattack
SurrealSight
Aurum_Sol
Priskern
blead
xzpwnz
rawrz
FireKiller87
Tuskin
knyx
Intet
Suguri
Seele00
Verafice
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Verafice
Verafice

Male Posts : 62

Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread Empty
PostSubject: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Quote :
Leaning forwards whilst flying? What is this guy on about...
Pull out a casual air bot. Hold down space bar, look at your cursor. Now press W and see what happens (the cursor drops down about 20ø. It raises back up again whilst you land.).
This also happens to an exaggerated extent whilst using float dash -- making it an absolute nightmare to sustain locks and not just unload in to the floor. It also causes air-melee to aim down by default. It happens with non-air bots when they fly, too. Lean also occurs during boost run.

Now here's where it gets interesting. There are exceptions to this and ways around it. This thread is dedicated to this matter. Let me know if there are any additional bots/methods to disable leaning!

Elite I-don't-lean-down robot BDs
these BDs won't learn down regardless of the parts you're using on them.
  • Air Raider
  • Cross Raptors
  • Mach Knights
  • Thorla (Nimbus, Frazia, Summer Thorla)
  • Helingal

Elite I-don't-lean-down parts.
Just put one of these parts on a bot to stop it leaning down
  • Pacifar LG
  • Vector LG (from Vector Eagle)

Last edited by Verafice on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:19 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : August 25th Update)
Back to top Go down
http://www.verafice.com
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm

It's also interesting to note the first three BDs you mentioned have a connection to transformable (form change, not function) parts. Any other supposed link between transformables and the lean-down effect?
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Mecha Jetter Girl doesn't lean much either; one of three redeeming qualities about her (I'm pretty sure you can guess the other two Embarassed)
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:19 pm

This lean has it's own benefit and drawback, it's easier to bomb the ground, and harder to shoot up. I'm surprised there is a topic on this...seems pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Intet wrote:
This lean has it's own benefit and drawback, it's easier to bomb the ground, and harder to shoot up. I'm surprised there is a topic on this...seems pretty obvious.

>Implying you know all the elite non-lean cores and parts.

No really, give me some S-sized elite non-lean LGs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:32 am

EDIT - *Embarrasing information detected*

Have a nice day

Last edited by LXE on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 am

Intet wrote:
The introductory paragraphs were for the benefit of people who are unfamiliar with the leaning or the fact that there are bots that do not lean (it's in no way "obvious" that there are bots which don't lean forwards.) I was wondering if people knew of additional bots/parts which prohibit leaning, hence this thread (I do not own every bot/part in the game.) Eventually this could probably warrant a brief section in the huge guide thread.

I actually do much better with airs that don't lean in general. Alphastrike builds suffer quite significantly from leaning; Especially if you were planning on using float dash whilst bursting. Is it ever even an outright benefit? I can aim almost directly down on bots that don't lean (I've never had an issue with my air raider not being able to aim far down enough, for example.) Having my cursor piloted for me is a nuisance.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 am

Suguri wrote:
(I'm pretty sure you can guess the other two Embarassed)

T&A?
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 am

knyx wrote:
Intet wrote:

>Implying you know all the elite non-lean cores and parts.

No really, give me some S-sized elite non-lean LGs.

I imply nothing, you merely infer. If you have played air, you would have at least noticed the lean, that's common enough to be obvious. The fact that some legs change this, not so much. I do know that some weapon arms will move the core rather than the arm itself in aiming, so this (as in the leg thing) is new information to me, however it is not that far of stretch to think it is possible. As someone who isn't using alpha builds, I personally haven't had the lean ever come to impact my game play to a serious matter.

I don't know any s-sized parts that prevent lean, perhaps you would care to enlighten me.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:39 am

Hmm...I wonder.
When you press the spacebar only or when you're just walking, Thoarla doesn't engage her boosters unless you press a directional or press spacebar while running. If that's true for the other three bots that don't lean much, we could generalize about leaning; namely, that bots that don't engage boosters when pressing spacebar won't lean when you press a directional.
Back to top Go down
rawrz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
rawrz

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:12 am

You'll also notice that those robots and robots with those parts don't use their booster (as in their boosters don't release/use the exhaust etc) if you just hold spacebar
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 3:31 am

There are moe
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 am

Some people call this Anti-Air Break.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:20 am

Does Frau Adone's booster count? (You know...that butt cape...=.=) Since it does give out any booster flare or anything even when flying around.

Last edited by priskern on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rawrz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
rawrz

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:11 am

Helingal doesn't have leaning forward whilst flying syndrome either
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:59 am

Perhaps I'm wrong, but a definitive quality between all of these bots is that their boosters (and for percival LG, the built-in boosters) direct exhaust backwards. I think there's some physics here, since it seems that tilt is a function of the thrust becoming horizontal. However, this would mean the limiting factor would also include some BS's which point horizontally backwards.
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:04 am

Booster theory sounds believable, but doesn't make sense due to Cross Raptor. It seems to be an arbitrary property that CS have put on some BDs/parts as they see fit. Added Helingal to the list.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 am

Verafice wrote:
Booster theory sounds believable, but doesn't make sense due to Cross Raptor. It seems to be an arbitrary property that CS have put on some BDs/parts as they see fit. Added Helingal to the list.

maybe its cross raptor arms ?
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 am

Agree with Vera. XX Cross Raptor booster angles become variable once you switch to his BD weap.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:49 am

SurrealSight wrote:
Agree with Vera. XX Cross Raptor booster angles become variable once you switch to his BD weap.

Well that's just because you're aiming with the core, same with saggy and other incorporated internal main weapons. But you can still aim with a mini zook upwards better than a leaning BD.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 am

And some other people call this Horizontal Flight.
Back to top Go down
SurrealSight

Male Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 am

knyx wrote:
SurrealSight wrote:

Well that's just because you're aiming with the core, same with saggy and other incorporated internal main weapons. But you can still aim with a mini zook upwards better than a leaning BD.
????? I/we was/were referring to your physics theory of booster thrust being horizontal for forward flight.
Back to top Go down
EMPattack
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
EMPattack

Male Posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 10:18 am

SurrealSight wrote:
knyx wrote:
SurrealSight wrote:

????? I/we was/were referring to your physics theory of booster thrust being horizontal for forward flight.

physics?

when AG was released, physics no longer exsist!
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 2:46 pm

^ No offense, but about as faulty as saying, once squeeze cheese once invented, no one went back to eat regular cheese.

The physics of this really just affects aiming as OP stated. Just one more extra thing to get adjusted to when shifting around bots. Though it does explain some things why; as why as its fairly easy to shoot down from being so high up in the air for many of the bots now in play (seraph, ah chan, etc). This whole phenomenon is what makes up the whole air circling around fat ART possible I think..or at least, much easier.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:16 pm

Not a tremendous deal unless you are totally sorrounded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next