Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?

Go down 
+5
rei_hunter
Courius
Suguri
BNOISE
Moghul
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

Male Posts : 1832

so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? Empty
PostSubject: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:55 am

k here goes:

i got an aquila and i've made a damn good build and i have a bit of a problem.

should i buy thoarla for her legs and bs-for aquila

OR

buy sharhead and make him an aerial MB dual zook hopper guy? and leave aquila as he is.

(i'll still buy both eventually. but which one first?)
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:09 pm

how about getting folded legs like pacifar legs
and then put in pacifar arms
and then put in 2x limited plasma gun
and then put in raystag head
and then tune to 30+ fly
and then tune to 20+ tech
and then alpha?
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:11 pm

BNOISE wrote:
how about getting folded legs like pacifar legs
and then put in pacifar arms
and then put in 2x limited plasma gun
and then put in raystag head
and then tune to 30+ fly
and then tune to 20+ tech
and then alpha?

i only have like 70 rt. can't ask me to gara for a pacifar. can you?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:15 pm

amscray wrote:

in that case then thoarla since both legs are fat and big targets regardless of which one you choose
i think thoarla has better stats anyways
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:17 pm

BNOISE wrote:
amscray wrote:

both legs are fat

compared to aquila? yes.

but what about the alpha dual zook flying land silver surfer awesome guy?
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:23 pm

amscray wrote:

compared to aquila? yes.

I generally don't stick melee on my air bots.
Too troublesome to click for the subweapon switch since I like spamming things like Tengu wings and Bgale booster.
One of the main reasons I hate Seraph crim so much. But no one else has a core like seraph so eh...
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:25 pm

BNOISE wrote:
amscray wrote:

compared to aquila? yes.

I generally don't stick melee on my air bots.
Too troublesome to click for the subweapon switch since I like spamming things like Tengu wings and Bgale booster.
One of the main reasons I hate Seraph crim so much. But no one else has a core like seraph so eh...

so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7K6QMyl5NhKxpydHcSXRD9e0bK3LLzP-hzUIh0dfdwmBNfCniYQZ3CdaM

the sharhead has nothing to do with the aquila. you can't take the legs off.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:28 pm

amscray wrote:

so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7K6QMyl5NhKxpydHcSXRD9e0bK3LLzP-hzUIh0dfdwmBNfCniYQZ3CdaM

the sharhead has nothing to do with the aquila. you can't take the legs off.

i'm too rushed to read properly lol
i'm in class right now What a Face

well if you intend to use sharhead as a hopper, that's fine

i would probably buy the sharhead then since you are only mainly buying thoarla for her legs and you might actually get better legs later on from another bot or something
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:35 pm

I can honestly only say "depends on whether you like air or land more". I had a really nice Aquila build too (though I haven't used him in forever), it was pretty effective in arena and really effective in epoch. Sharhead's also a very effective bot though, and really underappreciated by the EN community.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 pm

'guess ill buy thoarla and sharhead next

thanx!!
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:42 pm

thoarla can be considered as SKY ART... she have big pool of HP, kinda tought TGH and good TEC... not counted she also one of girl bots...

she also kinda unique as one from 2 AIR bots got Boost Run (other one is Shaden if im not wrong) , boost run on air almost as long as twice flying, make her can fight not only on free sky, but in narrow space as well... also dodging missile this way is lot easier due missile homing screwed on running things...

her drawback , her exoskeleton ride as big as most ART, even baltheon without bubble still get less shot than her... her jupitizer almost useless, some pro can use it properly, but seriously not easy... and she doesnt have slot for BS in BD , make her kinda hard to customize due need LG with BS slot badly...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Courius wrote:
thoarla can be considered as SKY ART... she have big pool of HP, kinda tought TGH and good TEC... not counted she also one of girl bots...

she also kinda unique as one from 2 AIR bots got Boost Run (other one is Shaden if im not wrong) , boost run on air almost as long as twice flying, make her can fight not only on free sky, but in narrow space as well... also dodging missile this way is lot easier due missile homing screwed on running things...

her drawback , her exoskeleton ride as big as most ART, even baltheon without bubble still get less shot than her... her jupitizer almost useless, some pro can use it properly, but seriously not easy... and she doesnt have slot for BS in BD , make her kinda hard to customize due need LG with BS slot badly...

i'm only buying thoarla only to rip off her legs and shove them along with the bs on aquila

sharhead, however is a whole different ball game. he's just plain awesome.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:21 pm

Sharhead has a good WLK and FLY Stat imo. 20 WLK, 20 FLY. Put a bazooka on him, he can still boost run at vicious speeds. Even more if you put Eight Vulcans, but that's another story.

Sharhead's innate Air Run lets him Boost Run/Run on air for a short while... during this, you can actually short boost.

Sharhead also gets quite a variety of good carts, Anti-Burning on a land bot that's built for Speed Speed Speed... simply calls Sharhead nice and since EN likes to troll people with Fire Pillars and shit, i think it's a good reason.

Aquilla is a good air bot, the BD you can use later for Fractulus Runs or Star Cluster. The TGH Score on it is bad though Mad

Thoarla Nimbus is good for long range air sniping and probably lightning bombardment... but her LGs are always taken off for other things such as... Flying Bricks, Gatling Shinos.... etc etc.

Anyways up to you, but i recommend Thoarla.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:24 pm

rei_hunter wrote:
Sharhead has a good WLK and FLY Stat imo. 20 WLK, 20 FLY. Put a bazooka on him, he can still boost run at vicious speeds. Even more if you put Eight Vulcans, but that's another story.
>Sharhead: M
>Eight Vulcan: LL
>Eight Vulcan wlk/fly stat drops > Bazooka stat drops

what
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:05 pm

I'd get thoarla
Sharhead is too heavily gimped for amateurs to play
Even pros will probably have a hard time playing it
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:34 am

does anyone actually understand that i want thoarla only for her legs to put on my aquila?

i am not going to particularly use it.
Back to top Go down
Senhime
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Senhime

Male Posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:46 am

Aquila core is badd
Go for Thoarla
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 8:47 am

Senhime wrote:
Aquila core is badd
Go for Thoarla

so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? Img-thing?

i love my aquila. never shall i leave my valiant dead in my inventory

decided on thoarla cuz i might use her for fract.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:09 am

you totaly reversal of me... i want aquilla to rip his LG for mah thoarla... hahahaha

ok.. no offense XD
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:37 am

Courius wrote:
you totaly reversal of me... i want aquilla to rip his LG for mah thoarla... hahahaha

ok.. no offense XD

lol i'll swap them. but only cuz thoarla will be for fract which isn't as hard as arena which im using aquila for(i have the tgh)
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 5:16 pm

You can put Thoarla to much better use than simply ripping her LGs off.
Fract is the obvious one, you can also build an SDC or PS destroyer build(a lot tighter & lower-cost AMs than those fugly Thoarla AMs, dual wield Omega Blasters if possible, the 400 cost on those dual Omegas hurts) on her. Great for Epoch, if you live long enough, especially since Thoarla's gonna draw a shitload of fire on you.

Her base TGH, TEC, and FLY are worth a second look, although her FLY is difficult to improve on due to lack of fatass parts. If you're flush with M-size Air LGs, feel free to go with them.
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 6:36 am

yeah, since she's a big air i can actually use her. just like you said. but the main thing is putting her legs on my Valiant aquila.

she is second on my list.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:18 am

amscray wrote:
yeah, since she's a big air i can actually use her. just like you said. but the main thing is putting her legs on my Valiant aquila.

she is second on my list.

Fair enough.
If you do plan on eventually dusting poor Thoarla off, I'd start with Izuna Kamui LG2 if you have no other good LGs. (Seraph)Crimrose LG works as well, I prefer Seraph over the normal Crimrose LGs because of slots and good FLY stats, not to mention it's half the cost of Izuna LG2 with similar stats(and Izuna LG2 ain't slotted unless you feel like shelling out for her). Another benefit of the above mentioned LGs is no need to find a suitable BS to stick on Thoarla's ass(from going through all my M and L size LGs...I have yet to find a good LG for Thoarla that also has a BS slot), although this could be a curse as well.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:00 am

thoarla is moe Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Moghul
I understand nothing
Moghul

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:05 am

Rinrin wrote:
thoarla is moe Embarassed

how is that even remotely helpful? how does that influence my taking off her legs and putting them on something else?

@ fire : duly noted, it shall be done
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?   so... the silver surfer or the flying menace? Empty

Back to top Go down

so... the silver surfer or the flying menace?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next