Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread

Go down 
+27
Yokura
FreedomFighter
pulupulu
Rinrin
Damocles_n
Klinkin
FenixStryk
HashiriyaR32
BNOISE
Feign
boytitan2
Emeraldsun
ngelicdark
EMPattack
SurrealSight
Aurum_Sol
Priskern
blead
xzpwnz
rawrz
FireKiller87
Tuskin
knyx
Intet
Suguri
Seele00
Verafice
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 pm

I think, more importantly, a list of arts/parts that arts can use to prevent this would be great. Considering most arts are fly-based, yet are supposed to target airs...
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:01 pm

Suguri wrote:
I think, more importantly, a list of arts/parts that arts can use to prevent this would be great. Considering most arts are fly-based, yet are supposed to target airs...

Hm...maybe Thoarla LG. It may work, I'll test it on my Destructor.
Speaking of which, the LG parts of the above listed bots would probably work on any bot to prevent leaning if you ripped them off their original bot, as long as they have a BS slot.

ARTs built for WLK are probably the best defense against leaning while airborne, though. If you never go airborne, you won't have the problem.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:03 pm

That's the biggest problem
All arts on land are free frags
Back to top Go down
Emeraldsun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Emeraldsun

Male Posts : 385

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Baron BS causes lean, the exhaust is downwards and this also happens with a couple of other similar BS I used. Accel BS does not cause it and the exhaust is backwards, in fact it doesn't seem to happen to my VF whenever I put any straight backwards exhaust type BS on it.
This is with boost run by the way.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/robert.reeves.3591
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Alright, I'm digging it deeper. This is related to C21 tough.
Because this rule is also applied to C21.

C21's auto-aim system doesn't affect melee weapons as much as CB.
So each weapon have its own direction.

With the AAB/HF/whatever you call it, it enables you to strike forward instead of below.

For example, you have a melee weapon in your hand.(short sword for this case)
When you're flying, you'll swing it down to the ground and lower your flight height.
But with AAB/HF/whatever(- -"), you'll swing it right in front of you and maintain the height.

Some parts that have this effect are: (in C21 tough, I don't know about CB.)
Mach Knight BD
Air Raider BD&LG
Ghost Raider BD&LG
Albatross BD
Sol Jetter LG
Cross Raptor AM&BS
Aquila BS

etc.

I almost forget about these thing 'cause I'm playing CB too much. Razz
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 11:39 pm

Alba BD is stable?

You sir, are the greatest anti-air that ever existed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:54 am

knyx wrote:
Alba BD is stable?

I always wondered what those homing beams of bright pink liquid are made of.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:23 am

think thats bad more annoying is how mouse moves when u move.It goes full derp when tryna boost run. Theres a reason most games are fps theese days so ppl cant fuck up aiming like cosmic break does.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:45 am

Verafice wrote:
  • Thorla (Nimbus, Frazia, Summer Thorla)
Now you see why she's mai waifu.

Verafice wrote:
  • Pacifar LG
And why my Crimrose has Pacifar legs. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Verafice wrote:
  • Pacifar LG
And why my Crimrose has Pacifar legs. Very Happy [/quote]

Pacifar lgs are L size...wut?

Anyway back on topic.
This update's Ghost Raider 117 still leans forward when flying though (default lg) even when it's a transformable bot.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:00 pm

Feign wrote:
Verafice wrote:

Verafice wrote:
  • Pacifar LG

Because Fei is hax.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 pm

knyx wrote:
Feign wrote:
Verafice wrote:

Verafice wrote:
  • Pacifar LG

Because Fei is hax.
priskern wrote:
Pacifar lgs are L size...wut?

Anyway back on topic.
This update's Ghost Raider 117 still leans forward when flying though (default lg) even when it's a transformable bot.
PFFFFF! SORRY! That's my Izuna, not my Crim. God, that was a noob mistake. drunken
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

Male Posts : 62

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm

knyx wrote:
Alba BD is stable?

Nope. still leans.
I've not encountered any other parts/BDs besides the ones listed that have this behavior.

boytitan2 wrote:
think thats bad more annoying is how mouse moves when u move.It goes full derp when tryna boost run. Theres a reason most games are fps theese days so ppl cant fuck up aiming like cosmic break does.
That's what we're talking about, parts/bots that don't fuck with your aiming like that. I agree with the sentiment though, game would be better if it was as responsive as an FPS. To aim well in CB you need to pay more attention to your robots BD positioning and arms than where your cursor even is on the screen...

priskern wrote:

Anyway back on topic.
Yeah, this made me sad. At least he has a spare BS slot and can use pacifar legs. He's already pretty huge so you're not losing much. Not that 117 is even that much good. Rina told me that Helingal out-performs it. I tried for myself and I generally agree with this. In fact I played around in calc, I'm going to put these red ball slot protectors I keep getting to some use as soon as I get a 3slotted helingal...
Back to top Go down
http://www.verafice.com
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:24 pm

It needs to be fixed.Its just ridiculous that a game penalizes u for moveing that breaks the first rule to gameing.I cant even play the game my usual play style. Run gun melee/stab up close in your face =).
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:36 pm

I can't stand how mach knight doesn't lean when his bomb weapon drops down to the floor.

It may cause a big blast radius but man it is pretty hard to aim.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Carpet bombing is surprisingly difficult...lol
Back to top Go down
Verafice
Verafice

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:39 pm

On the topic of mach knight, yeah his bombs are not really effective. Beam SB Pitcher is the best weapon to bomb with right now. Leaning doesn't really have much to do with this though.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Verafice wrote:
On the topic of mach knight, yeah his bombs are not really effective. Beam SB Pitcher is the best weapon to bomb with right now. Leaning doesn't really have much to do with this though.
really?
I thought with lean it causes it to hit right at the floor in front of you instead of like shooting forward and then hitting the ground which is what mach knight does. So when i fire i end up shooting over the head of the thing i am aiming at.
Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:07 am

Intet wrote:
Carpet bombing is surprisingly difficult...lol

You have to be able to judge how far off the ground in terms of range you are. Dropping bombs from too high up simply leads to wasted ammo as the bombs will disappear before they hit anything to start their detonation chain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
Verafice
Verafice

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Updated OP, added Vector Eagle legs. Meant to do this yesterday, but I forgot.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:13 pm

The irony was that yesterday, I swapped Paci LGs off my Pacifar from Seraph. It felt like something was missing, but then it became a lot easier to power laser people from high up; I'm guessing though, it's much like the bombing idea. Leaning is good for that.

Oh yeah that bit on XX cross raptor makes it kinda fun. Theoretically you can leave default left click as its main BD, and fire a weap that would benefit from the lean in the air. Shift click, swap to a regular weapon, and float dash MB away without the lean ~~

Benefits of both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:51 am

A small thing worth mentioning, but even if your bot leans, you can get around it with fancy footwork. It only starts to lean when you're in full speed stance, so things like gaining altitude while strafing, releasing boost while strafing, and hopping will all straighten you up. If I'm in an Air-to-Air fight and it starts to get tense, you won't see me flying straight... more of a digression I admit, but still something to keep in mind.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 8:18 am

Interesting....will try. Though releasing boost while strafing doesn't seem to be a good idea for the altitude reasons (but will help for aiming more upwards for sure).

Also, checked out the XX raptor theory. No dice. The body auto straightens when firing alternative weapons. Kinda funny lookin though.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:12 am

FenixStryk wrote:
A small thing worth mentioning, but even if your bot leans, you can get around it with fancy footwork. It only starts to lean when you're in full speed stance, so things like gaining altitude while strafing, releasing boost while strafing, and hopping will all straighten you up. If I'm in an Air-to-Air fight and it starts to get tense, you won't see me flying straight... more of a digression I admit, but still something to keep in mind.
I've tested this outside of actual combat, and while it works, the mobility loss is pretty substantial. Your horizontal speed is capped at about half of normal. Also, the vertical motion is neither sudden enough or large enough to produce a similar effect to hopping.

I find it sad that there are no UC parts capable of straight flight, and the UC cores capable of it are rather...iffy. Straight flight is a large advantage in air-to-air combat (not that CB wants to see that going on at all, judging by the weapons airs are limited to).
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:31 am

Klinkin wrote:
I've tested this outside of actual combat, and while it works, the mobility loss is pretty substantial. Your horizontal speed is capped at about half of normal. Also, the vertical motion is neither sudden enough or large enough to produce a similar effect to hopping.
Aye, but Quick Jump helps considerably for the tactic. Granted, if you whiff it and they land a hit on you, you are at a disadvantage due to altitude unless your Air is a thoroughbred Air Hopper and can perform on the ground... but that's no problem for me; all of my Airs are built to hop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread   Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Leaning Forwards whilst Flying : The Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next