Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flying ART? :D

Go down 
+5
Relict?
Zwiebel Force
mikuri
milk
Ryuuichiro
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

Flying ART? :D Empty
PostSubject: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Hello again.
I was already about to sleep on top of my keyboard when I saw the loading screen that showed the weakness and strengths diagram of LND, AIR and ART... (Before I ACTUALLY saw this, I wasn't aware that AIRs took 2.5x more damage from an artillery type attack >.>)

Then it probably hit me there (whilst I was half-braindead): why not make something that neutralizes its weakness and at the same time, be able to pound the hell more out of whatever it is they're strong against. SO... I came to the stupid conclusion that why not a flying artillery type? bounce

ART's are weak against melee, so if they could fly easily, that further increases their survivability against their primary weakness...
Having ART's fly gives them more of an edge on shooting down AIR types who they're strong against.
So, I was wondering if there were any decent ART-types out there who fit along the flying criteria without doing overboard tuning.

I looked up some of the Rt bots and I took an interest to the 'Amateus' (primarily because I think it looks cool XD) Is that a good bot to work around the Flying-ART type? I tried using the cosmiccalc to do a little simulation building on it but I found that it gets over-cost too quickly and I haven't yet to max out TEC and FLY and get a decent amount of TGH to go with it... Also, I don't know how the core weapons on this guy works since I don't have him yet... (short on Rt ATM..) But is the Nova Missile and its sub-weapon any good at all?

If Amateus isn't that good at all, what mech would work best? I wouldn't want a Gara-exclusive bot or any Moe-bot to be exact... Kinda picky, I know XD I won't ask for builds this time...just a starter on what core to actually use for this kind of thing. NO GIRLS PLEASE Very Happy

---

Also, a few other questions:

1. Mobile Burst (or moving burst?) -- how does this work? It says you can move while Alpha-striking (blast the hell out of all the main weapons)...does flying count in this way? And how long will it able to sustain this said movement?
2. I'm kinda frustrated with the range and damage of the Mialy moe-bots' cannon attack.. Is there any similar weapon out there which provides at least somewhere close to that range, damage, and area of effect (and one I could probably fit into this build I mech work on)?
3. WOULD THIS IDEA EVEN WORK IN REALITY? Smile))

A lot of questions...XD
Thanks to anyone who'd answer them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 1:58 pm

it's a good decision to put a lot of fly on your arts.
mainly higher than 30.
there are some arts that do well with walk.
specifically saggitary maxis.
amateus is a good bot to choose.
he has a lot of nice carts, capacity and his core is pretty dangerous.
the sub-weapon makes anything it hits in the air drop lower.
really useful for pesky airs that are way too high.
it hits more times than one would think.
his nova missiles are decent at homing and can be the all around shots to poke at things.
it has a wonderful range.

1.moving burst works just how you think it works. you can fly in the air, MB for a quick second and keep flying. it's a really, really great cart.
2. you can always hit up your friend Saggitary Maxis, he comes with an internal railgun that hits hard.
see, the weapon Mialy is using is called a railgun. really long ranged weapons, man.
you can get two in the shop.
being normal railgun and linear cannon.
but i'd go with buying a Saggi because.
3. saggi would work perfectly for this.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:08 pm

I like blast railgun (even the mod one). I also used to tri-railgun with my Mialy at PS with this weapon lawl. But it's gara only :/

Otherwise, Flying ARTs are nice, I have a few ones (even flying hopper ones) and I like them a lot. But they have very high FLY stats :/
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm

Keep in mind that ARTs may only fly for about 5 seconds. They'll never fly as long as AIR types do (even though it wouldn't surprise me if CS releases a pair of tits that is exactly like that one day).
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Victorl I-SR, Amateus, Saggitary, and maybe Toybox are all I can recommend on the RT portion of the shop. Victory1, Hoverion, Destructor, and King Megaton are UC and great, too.

Most ARTs aim for 31 fly. I myself feel happy when my ART has that amount of fly.

Out of the bots here, Amateus probably requires the least tuning to reach decent mobility.

For mialies, close the distance and mess em up in their face. Almost all of them don't know how to handle pressure.

I'll add more later, probably. Shivering from baja haha blast. Plus have meeting with academic advisor.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 7:20 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Keep in mind that ARTs may only fly for about 5 seconds. They'll never fly as long as AIR types do (even though it wouldn't surprise me if CS releases a pair of tits that is exactly like that one day).

4 seconds more acurately

To adress OP's questions

Flybased arts are literally one of the best way to build arts in my opinion. I could delve into statistically and mechanically why, but I think I'll spare you the read for now (unless you'd like me to elaborate)

A few important things to know about fly-based anythings:
-Breakpoints: fly-breakpoints at 28, 31, 34, and 38. I'd really consider anything lower to be irrelevant on most builds
-Fly only affects fly speed, not fly time. AIR/SUP are 3 seconds of flight, ART is 4 seconds, and AIR is 10.
-Quick Boost is helpful for boost-dependant bots (an amazing cart for flybased arts)

as to actually adress your specific builds

Artillery needs mobility stats for most builds with lower ranges, as you need to actively catch up with airs with your shorter boost guage while avoiding LND types on the ground. I'd really suggest 31+ fly for any closer-ranged art.

There's actually 3 shop cores available for alpha builds (Mechled, Hoverion, Amateus, and I think possibly Victory1 with proper setups), but for what you're doing you're going to want to use Amateus.

Spoiler:

This is literally the closest thing to a UC-art alpha. You can get the last TEC(and then extra HP) if you get either
2s Lazflamme LG (in the shop for RT), 2s Greinaut AM (2s in shop for RT), or 1s Cute Beret/Ace of Heart (not available anywhere besides in bazaar from other players), or just change one H.Tech Alpha to a G.Tech.

A build with range/damage similar to Mialy?

This is the closest I could come up with (for all UC)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Victorl I-SR, Saggi, Megaton, and Destructor are your primary potent L-arts.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

A more vanilla saggi build
Spoiler:

I like the flybased more

I think the Dest. build is pretty self explanitory tunewise (if you haven't figured out flybased art parts for UC yet; it tends to be Mach Knight HD2/Accel Saber AM for all types, Paraboid/Mach Knight LG for L-size, Cannonballer BS for S type, Lazflamme or occasionally Froglander LG instead), just tune away STR(feel free to put into the negative stats)/WLK(leave at 1, mandatory) and build FLY/TEC.

I'd like to elaborate on Megaton though, considering he's practically the chepest L-art. His end stats are fairly nice, yet his cost is significantly lower (990 cost maximum). He builds just like Victorl, same partlist. Weapon-tunes may change due to his lower cost capacity/lower cost though.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:33 pm

Trill and Relict/AKB already covered what I was going to say so yeah. There is plenty of cores left in shop/ UC cores etc. that is still good. The only problem peeps have in this server is tuning them to actually be good. Most of them avoid these cores that trill and relict mention cuz, they aren't "prepackaged shit".

I like to note that from what Trill said about quick boost is good, except for UC there is only two cores that has this cartridge. Those two cores are Misside and Hoverion.

Victorl is a third but, thats in shop for rt instead.

Also what you said about Amateus reaching max cost too easily and getting horrible stats is not true at all.

Amateus, Victory Series bots have the best capa among ART cores. Amateus is better because he has plenty of capa and good stats for him to reach high mobility and high tec easily with less tuning then other cores.

Psycho Formula is the same way except he is S size and doesn't have a core weapon.

A little note about mialy users. They are all chickens, if you come in close and pressure them they run away. The only time they will chase YOU is if you are low on health.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied. I just woke up so here goes nothing:

miliken wrote:
he has a lot of nice carts, capacity and his core is pretty dangerous.
the sub-weapon makes anything it hits in the air drop lower.
really useful for pesky airs that are way too high.
it hits more times than one would think.
his nova missiles are decent at homing and can be the all around shots to poke at things.
it has a wonderful range.

you can get two in the shop.
being normal railgun and linear cannon.

My face at the sight of the word "homing" #em3
I'm assuming that this is the nova missile that's in the core and not in the weapon, right? XD
RE: the rail-guns, I actually REALLY REALLY want something like what Mialy has...like...you know... just firing it from a distance whilst not having to worry about aiming too much with a little splash and anything to go along with my relatively poor accuracy...
It's not that I don't really have any skill at all at FPS games, it's just that I lag too much to actually be a real-time sniper here #em5

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5827-linear-cannon-and-you

I searched a few topics related to rail guns/linear cannons and found this.
I think its a really amazing weapon despite the rather high cost... I'm thinking of building around this along with the "homing" internal weapon, if time, money and capacity permits tongue However, something has been bugging me for quite some time with regards to weapon specs, too... (I'm going to actually make another topic for questions regarding Speed and Interval, so I guess I'd put that off until later...)

Zwiebel_Force wrote:

I guess that's better than being an anchor on the ground, I guess T3T
I could probably use that 4-second (accdng to Mr. Trill) fly time to chase someone down a bit then land on another high spot or to fly off to a better shooting spot... Either way, its better than getting stuck on land all the time...

@Mr. Trill (I can't quote...too many useful stuff said)

I would hug you right now. cheers
You actually laid out a LOT of good builds. I can scrunch these up and possibly fit something into the whole "I got a god-damn railgun AND some decent homing shiznits AND I friggin' fly" thing.

XiaoFu wrote:
Also what you said about Amateus reaching max cost too easily and getting horrible stats is not true at all.

Amateus, Victory Series bots have the best capa among ART cores. Amateus is better because he has plenty of capa and good stats for him to reach high mobility and high tec easily with less tuning then other cores.

Psycho Formula is the same way except he is S size and doesn't have a core weapon.

A little note about mialy users. They are all chickens, if you come in close and pressure them they run away. The only time they will chase YOU is if you are low on health.

I would probably fit into the type of people who do that with their Mialy's #em4 Don't kill me, please...
I was actually hoping on using Amateus right on the get go... I have a thing for "homing weapons", you see. Lag makes me a really bad player (score-wise) unless I get a decent amount of shots in with something that is inherently auto-targeting (or whatever other term would be used for homing...I used it a lot already) #em6

Thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:59 am

the thing with the linear cannon is that the shell on it is really, really small.
your aim has to be dead ON.
whereas Saggi's internal railgun's shell is really fat.
higher chance to hit a girl in the fat with that railgun.
but it's still a really great weapon.

but yeah, the nova missile in the core, not the actual arm weapon.
that thing is cool but not as cool as his insides.
Back to top Go down
Zwelivelle
Zwelivelle

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 am

AIR type units took 140% damage from Blast type weapons. Not ART type unit.
While the others suggested good builds of Flying ARTs, I would suggest Anti-Air AIR unit as alternative. Whilst not packing much damage as the ART counterpart, this type would fly twice longer.

How ?
Equip Mini Bazooka to your AIR unit for example.

But,
some AIR units are strong enough even without using Blast type weapon, to shred any type of unit.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 2:07 pm

Assuming you're willing to save RT for RT shop bots then this should work decently

Spoiler:

You'll need to get shop Amateus, roll 1s Dugdriver BS from Super UC Garapon so you can buy the 2s ones from the shop, buy Greinaut and Lazflamme, and get a Mach Knight HD2 from bazaar or something. You can get Handy Bazookas and Ace of Heart Earrings from Super UC Garapon as well, chances are you'll have enough by the time you roll Dugdriver BS. You can also buy 1s Hana Kanzashis from the Bazaar.

Zwelivelle wrote:
AIR type units took 140% damage from Blast type weapons. Not ART type unit.
While the others suggested good builds of Flying ARTs, I would suggest Anti-Air AIR unit as alternative. Whilst not packing much damage as the ART counterpart, this type would fly twice longer.

How ?
Equip Mini Bazooka to your AIR unit for example.

But,
some AIR units are strong enough even without using Blast type weapon, to shred any type of unit.

On a related note, put a Compact Gatling on your AIR and you'll pretty much shred through anything as long as you have enough FLY to dodge all the bullets flying at you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying ART? :D   Flying ART? :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Flying ART? :D
Page 1 of 1