Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

my renny (and acro) build, need opinions

Go down 
+11
SkyPanic
knyx
fggt
Nisa
Kieran
ngelicdark
NovaZero
Suguri
Trill
UncleBobbie
Aurum_Sol
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 11:15 am

renny is to fragile to use the veil effectively, i couldnt manage to give her a good melee build without sacrificing her main features as a bot, so crimson veil wont do me much good, i need to check if renny acros kick is also boosted by hypershot as much as normal rennys kick, if not i might change it to crimson veil or do some weapon tunes for those 30 capacity

the grappler might push her damage good but you might end up being easier to target since she moves quite a far distance in her combo (only the last attack is like old rennys kick)

the pierce gun stuns like hell and makes it easier to close in on targets while dealing considerable amounts of damage to the enemy ( since you run in with 40 tech and swap shortly before you reach melee range (resulting in a hop that can be chained into the meleeattack))

her combo is a bit hard to use though ... well ... you CAN chase down airs with it if your lucky or practice it alot Very Happy

oh yeah btw: mode change is a quick way to pass slight distances with a jump (read rivers n stuff like that) or climb not so high cliffs (basically similar to the noncombat use of shortboost)
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Darn forgot abt mode change Neutral

The fact is u can get HS by standing under PS, or using item, but u can get CV by revenge only(and those chibis). So why not tune CV and stand under PS, u can got both of those, rite?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 2:53 pm

veil will overwrite hypershot, wont it ? (at least thats the case with chibicircle, it overwrites the other buffs like the other circles would

anyways: i dont really need crimson veil on renny since WHEN i need it means i screwed up ... big time

renny doesnt have a wide swing or aoe with her melee so ivis or fencer style is out of the question and a single target will cry when you pummel it with hypershot kicks Smile
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:45 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
i need to check if renny acros kick is also boosted by hypershot as much as normal rennys kick
Hypershot removes the cool down time of the Rabbit Kick.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm

guess that means "no"
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:39 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
guess that means "no"

Debuffs replace each other in this game (so you can't be slowed while stunned etc) so I believe buffs work the same way; except for bot internal buffs. EVE can get her internal buff and hypershot as well for instance.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:42 pm

CV just stops any other buff being placed over it when it is active. If you force a hypershot though with a hypershot item, you will replace CV with HS.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:13 am

so what 's her kick while in TEC mode do ?
i don't get it yet Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kieran
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kieran

Male Posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:19 am

SkyPanic wrote:
It´s a 360 forward Spin jump, short and very simple, not very effective for dodging thou, tried it a few times Sad but its cute :3
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:23 am

Kieran wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:
It´s a 360 forward Spin jump, short and very simple, not very effective for dodging thou, tried it a few times Sad but its cute :3
Keikei?!?1
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:32 am

Kieran wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:

acro jumps forward, normal renny backwards

with acro i managed to troll several fencers by now - its still not reliable and depends on how close the wants to be to you before swinging ( if he just swings on max range you will jump into the strike, if he closes in further you will pass him )

in my opinion normal rennys jump is superior (and i guess im not alone there)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 am

I'd say both TEC jumps have different uses.

Renny's backward TEC jump helps her keep distance from the enemy while staying in her sights, especially if the enemy in question is someone like a Fencer.

Renny Acro's forward TEC jump helps her retreat back to allied lines faster and helps her mess her chaser's aim. Hop -> TEC jump upon landing covers a lot of distance and can even make Ah-chan's Homing Blaster miss.
Back to top Go down
Rhyadel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rhyadel

Female Posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 12:19 pm

My two Rennys (screenshots):
Regular at level 9:
Spoiler:

Acro at level 8, one capacity cart left to get:
Spoiler:

Might take the amj off if I get another handy.

EDIT: I play my regular renny alot but I'm not sure on what to put on my acro most of the time. Before I had a micro zook and a buckler.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:05 pm

Rhyadel wrote:
My two Rennys (screenshots):
Regular at level 9:
Spoiler:

Acro at level 8, one capacity cart left to get:
Spoiler:

Might take the amj off if I get another handy.

EDIT: I play my regular renny alot but I'm not sure on what to put on my acro most of the time. Before I had a micro zook and a buckler.

for yr acro you should keep at least 10 str for mode change if you use her kick
after mode change 2 TEC is too low to shooting

btw
nice stat Embarassed
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Quote :
Spoiler:
Impressive. Although I don't like how her only weapons are the Pierce Guns AMJs

Quote :
STR is pointless on TEC Mode since TEC Rabbit Kick doesn't even do any damage. All that TEC will go to STR when she goes STR Mode anyway.

Also, the guns should still do decent damage even while at STR Mode. Although the Renny I'm running is an MBer, so I'm not sure about individually shot guns.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:43 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Quote :
Spoiler:

Quote :
STR is pointless on TEC Mode since TEC Rabbit Kick doesn't even do any damage. All that TEC will go to STR when she goes STR Mode anyway.

Also, the guns should still do decent damage even while at STR Mode. Although the Renny I'm running is an MBer, so I'm not sure about individually shot guns.

so you never use yr kick ?

i mean keep 10 STR and TEC tuned -> mode change (to STR mode) = 10 tec lol!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:46 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Quote :
Spoiler:

Quote :

This. Saving str completely defeats the purpose of utilizing Renny's mode change to manipulate stat polarization.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 1:54 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
so you never use yr kick ?

i mean keep 10 STR and TEC tuned -> mode change (to STR mode) = 10 tec lol!
I do. TEC Rabbit Kick adds to her mobility; STR Rabbit Kick allows her to deal painful melee damage that also has the bonus of having good tracking. If I didn't use her both her kicks, then Renny would be useless.

Her Mode Change is one of the things I love about Renny: it allows her to deal damage in different fields of strength. Saving a stat is pointless because you wouldn't be able to access the full potential of the Mode you just switched to, since you'll be using that stat all the time during that Mode anyway.

Besides, I have like 4 Magnums on my Renny to make up for the crappy TEC I get from Mode Changing to STR. At the very least, it's enough to finish a weakened enemy off.
Back to top Go down
Rhyadel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rhyadel

Female Posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 3:23 pm

It's a snug fit but I managed to get the Renny arms on her with a bit of a stat decrease.

Spoiler:

I'm gonna try it out but I'm probably gonna be happier without the arm joints and using a mini/buckler.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 pm

i think you lack tuneup optimization, considering your weaponry you should be able to push your stats back up to near the same level Smile i guess you used great tuneups ?

i dont know about the armjoints yet, dont have them yet and i guess i will decide if i use them on second renny acro when they have similar stunning like the piercegun itself has
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:24 pm

No, those stats look about right. Renny is horribly strapped for capacity as is if you try to keep her arms; adding a second BS (a fully tuned Vanguard BS, no less) and two piercegun amjs (hello +120 cost) and I'm surprised he could even get that many tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:08 pm

this is my old renny, weapon cost is 120 + 2 force tunes = 140 cost giving me +2 walk in stats, that would be worse than his double piercegun armjoints (which also give more stats), the build wasnt finished though, in the empty slot you see in renny booster there was a high run alpha to max her capa netting her 33 walk and 1 fly (the build changed by now, see my other posts here to get an idea of my newer renny build [yes, i basically rebuild her only for broad radar and that ribbon sash booster cause it looks nice :p ))

anyhow: he should be able to pump his stats quite a bit if he uses all those free tuneup slots and im pretty positive that he wasted some capa along the way (either in great tunes or maybe he did technique alpha instead of beta tunes[looking at his fly thats most likely what he did])

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:29 pm

Keep in mind, he doesn't have all his capa carts yet.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 pm

yes, hes missing one capa cart but it looks like hes also missing one non capa cart which eats up some more capa, he also has no more strengh to use beta tunes for the remaining tech and thus cannot use his fly to get it for little capacity

i think there is a little planing problem along the way Smile

its not an issue of making the build of little use, its just that this renny could be more with the same capacity

well, whatever, heres a tip for ya rhyadel: if you gonna keep the armjoints and renny ams than you might which to use the capacart for either 2 handymags or maybe even 2 beamguns (i found mine very helpful against any land trying to melee me but im using a beamgun mod and dont know where i did get that thing ... i want a second one D:)
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 am

ppl help me with my build plz

plan*

Quote :
【Robot Name】
Renny Lop

【Parts】
BD: Renny Lop BD3
 WB: Dual Rifle Bit
 LG: Renny Lop LG2 [High Run Alpha]
  BS: Renny Lop BS2
  BS: Renny Lop BS3
  BS: Misty Hollow BS
 HD: Renny Lop HD [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [Run]
  HDAC: Cute Beret
  FCAC: Berry Earrings
 BS: Renny Lop BS [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
 AM: Misty Hollow AM [High Tech Alpha]
  WP: Scout Rifle [Force]
 AM: Misty Hollow AM [High Tech Alpha]
  WP: Buckler

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1220
CAPA: 1220
HP: 435
STR: 6
TEC: 23
WLK: 36
FLY: 7
TGH: 10

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70×6
Blast Guard
Tough Runner
Sway
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Hidora Cosmos×1
Fudara Cosmos×7
Ones Cosmos×1
Red Chip×20
Green Chip×50
Stabilizer×18
Engine Shaft×50
Strike Metal×4
Guide Circuit×14
Snail Liquid×35

current stat*

Quote :
【Robot Name】
Renny Lop

【Parts】
BD: Renny Lop BD3
 WB: Dual Rifle Bit
 LG: Renny Lop LG2 [High Run Alpha]
  BS: Renny Lop BS2
  BS: Renny Lop BS3
  BS: Misty Hollow BS
 HD: Renny Lop HD [High Run Alpha]
  HDAC: Cute Beret
  FCAC: Berry Earrings
 BS: Renny Lop BS [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
 AM: Misty Hollow AM
  WP: Scout Rifle [Force]
 AM: Misty Hollow AM
  WP: Buckler

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1075
CAPA: 1150
HP: 420
STR: 8
TEC: 19
WLK: 33
FLY: 8
TGH: 10

LEVEL: 6

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70×5
Sway

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×4
Ones Cosmos×1
Green Chip×40
Engine Shaft×36
Strike Metal×4
Snail Liquid×28

i dont ve a pierce gun so don't say about it, i need ppl opinion about carts and tune, other part and weapon can't be change because those re my best stuff for Lenny atm

Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my renny (and acro) build, need opinions   my renny (and acro) build, need opinions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

my renny (and acro) build, need opinions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next