Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)

Go down 
+3
Suguri
Aurum_Sol
Arti
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) Empty
PostSubject: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 pm

Everyone's favorite no-longer-available bunny girl!

What do I do with her? Currently I have her as a Handy Zook + Buckler hopper (with quick jump!)... plus her default AMs so I can alpha or item farm when I need to (and have a backup weapon if/when my handy zook runs out of ammo).

I'm working on tuning her for TEC, but is there anything else I should do?
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:52 pm

if it wouldnt be a hopper i could point at my thread to give you ideas about tuning n stuff

but its a hopper, i dont play hoppers and thus wont be able to give you anything reliable, if you should decide to scrap the hopper idea however, i would be able to work something out with you :3
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 7:08 pm

I personally don't like using renny for alpha hopper, considering her capacity's kind of low and her cost is high.

I set up my Renny with x6 capacity, short boost, quick land, quick jump, and stun regain. Shooting for...40 tec 36 wlk, I believe it was? I've got a custom mag on her with great rapid beta on it (was going for two but the other slot broke) and dual 3way bit. Using Crimrose AMs instead of

Also, I highly recommend getting used to fluidly using mode change and her LG kick. For example, while running in tec mode, you can mode change and you'll do a flip. The flip combos into your kick, so you can change to str mode and kick your opponent - with the +50% damage bonus from comboing into another subweapon - in one fell swoop. Also, short boost + mode change for a double jump works great, and is something I frequently use for getting over and behind fatarts sitting still and alphaing at me so I can dodge their salvos and get the damage bonus for kicking them in the back. Also nice for getting to heights you shouldn't normally be able to get to as a non-air, and for putting you at a height appropriate for attacking airs.

There are also some gimmicks you can pull off with Acro's kick, but I'm not going to get into that since it takes some really careful timing and is extremely situational.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm currently running acro with laz arm2s (the shielded ones), a buckler, and a combat mag, and it's pretty fun XD.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:35 pm

A lot of people go with
x2 renny am
x2 pierce gun amj
x2 cross shooters
Though I think it sucks </3
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 pm

Did you read the other thread about Renny? The one Aurum started? You can read there for the bulk of my conversations.

Thanks to Aurum though (perchance by runnin into him one weekend afternoon), I picked Renny up again.

Now I lead you to two paths, in which I ask you the following:

Would you keep her AMs or not?

If you don't keep them:

Swap them out for Crim AMs as Suguri suggested, or if you have them, Laz AM2 for more HP/shield although the shields are very tiny (they're like Ouka's shoulder guards from what I've seen).

Equip her with a buckler/a solid gun (be it pierce gun, handy zooks, raid rifle, etc) and a good melee bit.

The other route you can take is the alpha strike build. You're going to sacrifice a lot if you equip a lot of extra parts (say amjs), and you will be tight on capacity. But you can still make it work.

I was interrupted while writing this post so I completely lost my train of thought post this. I'll add more when I'm inspired to again.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 9:39 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Did you read the other thread about Renny? The one Aurum started? You can read there for the bulk of my conversations.

Thanks to Aurum though (perchance by runnin into him one weekend afternoon), I picked Renny up again.

Now I lead you to two paths, in which I ask you the following:

Would you keep her AMs or not?

If you don't keep them:

Swap them out for Crim AMs as Suguri suggested, or if you have them, Laz AM2 for more HP/shield although the shields are very tiny (they're like Ouka's shoulder guards from what I've seen).

Equip her with a buckler/a solid gun (be it pierce gun, handy zooks, raid rifle, etc) and a good melee bit.

The other route you can take is the alpha strike build. You're going to sacrifice a lot if you equip a lot of extra parts (say amjs), and you will be tight on capacity. But you can still make it work.

I was interrupted while writing this post so I completely lost my train of thought post this. I'll add more when I'm inspired to again.

Linky?

Might request merge since the other one is probably more developed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)   Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess) Empty

Back to top Go down

Renny Lop (and Acro, I guess)
Page 1 of 1