Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)

Go down 
+28
fhoeng
pulupulu
Kitouski
Fireflywater
Nihil679
Iseal
tiflisben
hyorinryu
xzpwnz
Getab
Etherlight
Trill
ziix
narutosupernova
Nisa
Hellenisti
Strill
knyx
Hyoka
blead
FireKiller87
SkyeMeir
LazerRazer
reiya
Intet
necrio
Suguri
ngelicdark
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Strill wrote:
knyx wrote:

Nope.avi

The only things that make you land quicker are Tengu BS, Izuna core and Brix BS, Quick land cart just decreases your cooldown time for another takeoff by 30%, hence it's a hopper must cart.

Tempura's TL team trolled you good.
Then why can Lily Rain EVE float dash so often?

That's exactly what quick land does, if you bothered to read.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:51 am

knyx wrote:
Strill wrote:
knyx wrote:

Nope.avi

The only things that make you land quicker are Tengu BS, Izuna core and Brix BS, Quick land cart just decreases your cooldown time for another takeoff by 30%, hence it's a hopper must cart.

Tempura's TL team trolled you good.
Then why can Lily Rain EVE float dash so often?

That's exactly what quick land does, if you bothered to read.
This, and if you just double-tap dash instead of double-tap and hold, your float dash doesn't last as long either. Simply double-tapping cuts Float Dash time to about half(so it eats about a quarter of your boost gauge instead of half).
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 15, 2011 10:05 am

ngelicdark wrote:
C. Moving Burst: For a short duration during flight or a dash animation (includes sways, short boost, float dash, etc.) you will be able to fire all alpha strikeable weapons (basically weapons that aren’t sub weapons) for a short period before you are forced to stand still.

A very useful cart for run and gun type of characters, especially if they hold more than one weapon at once. From what I heard though, moving burst is not necessary with float dashers, as float dashing allows you for a briefer period to fire all of your weapons at once. **Would like some confirmation on this please**

Yup.
You can alpha while float dashing. (May need some practice.)
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 7:30 am

@blead Thanks. I knew it was so, but I wanted to double check if it was a BRIEFER period of time because I recall this much on my lily rain when I still had it on her.

@The rest of you guys:

You guys are arguing over the same thing to come to the same conclusion; only to discover that the only reason for this whole 5 post argument was the misunderstanding of "what is landing faster?" To which the original question poser: Quick Land is your reason. I should put that in though, that it reduces the time until the next take off by 30%, thanks. And by the way, EVE can't even equip AIR bs -_-''
Back to top Go down
Strill

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Quote :
TEC: ...as well as the accuracy (spread/distance from crosshair) and controlled spread of shots (most noticeable with shotguns/blasters resulting in a smaller cluster of shots).
Are you sure? I tried comparing shotgun spread with one bot with 22 TEC and another with 0 TEC and couldn't tell the difference.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:29 pm

Strill wrote:
Quote :
TEC: ...as well as the accuracy (spread/distance from crosshair) and controlled spread of shots (most noticeable with shotguns/blasters resulting in a smaller cluster of shots).
Are you sure? I tried comparing shotgun spread with one bot with 22 TEC and another with 0 TEC and couldn't tell the difference.

Someone already mentioned that earlier when I first started this guide.. But I'll readdress it anyway.

Most of the stuff here comes from things I've scavenged while lurking on this forum; this particular tidbit about TEC was something I scavenged outta the helpdesk a few months ago. I'm trying to find the link to it so I can just end this argument on this particular thread, and if it's that big a deal, maybe we can move it to general discussion for reclarification and further testing.

https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t2893p15-tec-question

Here we go, if you start reading at the bottom of the first page and onto the second, you'll see.

The fact though that you tested it and it yielded no results to you does trouble me, although now that I reread the post, these people were testing it under the effects of hypershot; which may prove to be the culprit of the differing outcomes. We probably need some more testing though because of that.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 8:53 pm

Strill wrote:
Quote :
Yeah, I tested this too awhile back with both plasma gun and blaster under 0 tec and ~38 tec conditions, and saw no difference whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Ayt then, moving this discussion to a new thread in General Discussion. I would like this to be tested by a whole wallop of people, including those who believed that TEC used to do more than just extra damage.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:30 am

Accel is a hopper too isn't he. Very Happy

Anyway, it's general that any database thread'll gets ignored. As most of my posts in CBth board get ignored too.
Due to the lack of search function and laziness of people, they would just ask in a new thread.
Even if anyone reads it, they just remember what they want and poof... gone. No comments or replies.

Just don't mind that. Those things don't mean that noone earns profits from this.

And about colors, try coloring only the heading of a section. It's another good way that doesn't hurt your eyes so much.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Will fix to reflect then. Thanks.

Also, ty for the criticism/advice. Sometimes I forget to listen to the stuff I'd tell other people; it be reassuring to hear that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Don't think Quick Land affects float dash that much,I can float dash perfectly fine with my raider
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 9:49 pm

I remember a bit in OB when I had Crim with both Float Dash and Quick Land. It makes the transition between landing and float dashing much smoother for me, and I highly enjoyed it. It was a seamless transition between different flight heights.

It might not seem like much in terms of time though; but it still makes a difference; otherwise quick land float dashing EVEs wouldn't be such a pain in the butt. I'll make a note of it though if you wish.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:00 am

ngelicdark wrote:

[color=blue][C006] Special Mentions

You missed a little thing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:12 am

Protip: 0 WLK also ruins your takeoff time, it takes about 1/4 of boost gauge to get to max altitude on my bottomed-out bee. Airs should not have 0 WLK either but 0 WLK can be compensated for by the special boosters/Izuna core.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:40 pm

blead wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

[color=blue][C006] Special Mentions

You missed a little thing. Rolling Eyes

Noticed that a few days ago, too lazy to care. Will fix later when I do the next update. But thanks.

knyx wrote:

Protip: 0 WLK also ruins your takeoff time, it takes about 1/4 of boost gauge to get to max altitude on my bottomed-out bee. Airs should not have 0 WLK either but 0 WLK can be compensated for by the special boosters/Izuna core.

Will add, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:49 pm

FLY: Fly speed so slow it’s laughable. Also jump speed (into the air) is incredibly slow. Quick jump (the cartridge) will not save you fast enough.

WHAT? No, this should be in the WLK bit.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:57 pm

Wait whut now I'm confused. Landing is affected by WLK, take off is affected by FLY no? Suguri even told me about this bit a few pages back, I had to add that in.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:59 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Wait whut now I'm confused. Landing is affected by WLK, take off is affected by FLY no? Suguri even told me about this bit a few pages back, I had to add that in.
I'm pretty sure takeoff is affected by 0/1+ WLK.
I'm positive that 0 FLY affects flight speed so bad that you'll have to stay on the ground at all times if you don't wanna get fucked flying like molasses.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Jumping and landing is affected by both, never tank 0 on either. Though for airs it's really easy to tank on wlk. But a wlk problem can be corrected with an instant-jump sub.
Back to top Go down
Strill

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:14 am

If a robot's part is destroyed, do you lose its stat bonuses? What about shields, because they don't seem to be considered normal parts as they can't be restored via part restore item.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:36 am

Someone tested a while ago in beta with a bit on testing stats placed on a viper shield. The stats still applied despite the shield being broken. Believe it was in CBJP though but...I don't really remember.

So no, they don't get taken away IIRC. And by the way, don't try putting like that nondestroyable tune on the shields, they don't work =S

@firekiller & knyx

Will add that later when I update tonight. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:47 am

Stats on broken shields still count.

Eternal tune does not work.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:53 am

Nisa wrote:
Stats on broken shields still count.

Eternal tune does not work.

Eternal tunes only apply to arms and heads.

And no even though Lancerlot AM2 is an AM, the shield dies after 180 HP.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:01 pm

K will add that when I have the tunes bit up. First working on the weapons though, and to fix the itty bitty details I've been missing/messing up on.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:10 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
K will add that when I have the tunes bit up. First working on the weapons though, and to fix the itty bitty details I've been missing/messing up on.
What kind of info on weapons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next