Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)

Go down 
+28
fhoeng
pulupulu
Kitouski
Fireflywater
Nihil679
Iseal
tiflisben
hyorinryu
xzpwnz
Getab
Etherlight
Trill
ziix
narutosupernova
Nisa
Hellenisti
Strill
knyx
Hyoka
blead
FireKiller87
SkyeMeir
LazerRazer
reiya
Intet
necrio
Suguri
ngelicdark
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 1:41 am

You need to join WinterWing, we'll liven things up a bit for you :3

GET OFF THAT SINKING SHIP OF CLAN

In other news...

-Hurricane Blow always deals 7 damage to any bot caught in the vortex.
-Fire Pillar gives 40+ FLY(unconfirmed...It's about Seraph Wing speed, doing a mental comparison) while the target is afflicted with -Burning status.
-Slow status cannot be remedied by using Seraph Wings. Unconfirmed with Shaden BS or Brickgale STOVL abilities.
-Bind status does not prevent you from firing weapons. Any attacks that move you a set distance(Seraph Tackle, Impact Punch, etc.) will not move you, but will still inflict damage if enemies come in contact. Any effects that are active during your bind remain active.
-Float Dash, Short Boost, and Boost Run cause your targeting recticle to shift down significantly while the specialized movement cartridge is active. Sway does not cause this effect.
-Float Dash's duration and distance traveled can be controlled by holding down the key of movement for different periods of time. Holding down the key for a long time will make your bot travel the maximum distance allowed by Float Dash and your boost gauge. Activating Float Dash then immediately releasing the key will cause your Float Dash to be cut very short, allowing you to quickly chain Float Dashes.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:12 am

ngelicdark wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:
correct me if I wrong
CV give some resistant to burning effect, tested when with my friends using burner, he can't gimme burn debuff at all, is it glitched?
also CV user can't be draw with draw gun but why when I saw some video bot with CV tune, it seems winberll still able to draw them
scratch

So far as I know, CV only inflicts resistance to stun. You can still be drawn, burnt, shocked, or given any other status effect.

^This. CVeil =/= INVINCIBLE TO ALL. It just means you can't be broken out of your combo except through status effects.

FYI, it also means Ivis can be bound while CVeiled. Trust me, I know that for sure.
I also have ivis, did re-test today
draw gun unaffected CVeild IVIS (well of course still damaged, but no draw)
burner/vulcano GRENADE can't give burn status to CVeild IVIS, pillar still can burn her though
CV don't give any resistance to shock, slow, bind and other status

and bind can completely render ivis useless,
wtf with that 2 second delay / swing Mad
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:20 am

FireKiller87 wrote:

-Slow status cannot be remedied by using Seraph Wings. Unconfirmed with Shaden BS or Brickgale STOVL abilities.
Even if you have crazy fly speed, you're still very slow anyway. So I think even Shaden won't work.
-Float Dash, Short Boost, and Boost Run cause your targeting recticle to shift down significantly while the specialized movement cartridge is active. Sway does not cause this effect.
Maybe some bots with AAB can cancel that. (Yes I'm used to call it like that.)
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t5718-leaning-forwards-whilst-flying-the-thread
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Cannot leave my guild sadly. Jello checks in from time to time, and I don't think the rest of my guild wishes to raft to another one. Idk what's the status on Daylyt though, I wish I had a way to contact her.

If afflicted with slow, stovl's height will be cut roughly by half (if not 60%). You really don't get too far off the ground. (You can test it in arcantus using it if you'd like). Fly speed is slowed to a crawl.

Sway may not move the reticle, but causes other issues; it causes projectiles to swerve according to the spam of sway. The physics are..strange..
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:33 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
Cannot leave my guild sadly. Jello checks in from time to time, and I don't think the rest of my guild wishes to raft to another one. Idk what's the status on Daylyt though, I wish I had a way to contact her.

If afflicted with slow, stovl's height will be cut roughly by half (if not 60%). You really don't get too far off the ground. (You can test it in arcantus using it if you'd like). Fly speed is slowed to a crawl.

Sway may not move the reticle, but causes other issues; it causes projectiles to swerve according to the spam of sway. The physics are..strange..

I'm not surprised as the spatial movement causes an equal flux in the weapon, causing the projectile to curve on it's way out of the gun. It's as if the gun is bending while you sway, and the projectile follows the weapon barrel as if the barrel were bent.
I assume swaying either forwards or backwards would not affect the projectile beyond a decrease in range(since you're moving back, the weapon's range moves with you).
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Indeed, swaying forward/backwards does not change much in terms of targeting; but at the same time, it doesn't exactly save you much from the invinci spam.

Swaying diagonally or directly left/right also gives different "projection" paths of sway. It's been a while since I've used sway, but I remember at some point where spamming sway while MB magnums made my shots "boomerang" which was a) quite surprising and b) quite hard to reproduce for further testing. Was like o.O though.

Also fire, if you read your clan thread, you may get your hopes up. Lumina may soon be truly dead after all ._.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:38 am

wanna ask
1. do pierce type bullet (piercegun , maybe EVE cannon and lightining gun) do damages for EVERY part it pierce (shield, bots, bit) or just one of them

2. if melee hit user bit_shield_like (malice / patty) do they still receive damage or just the bit

3. do mecha jetter sub also give invicibilty

4. do flybonus cuz burn effect transfered to movement chart such as float dash/boost run/etc
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:21 pm

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong:

1. Pierce gun and EVE pierces through bots, so they deal additional damage for each bot they hit. I don't remember how many targets pierce passes through (though probably just one) but I'm pretty sure EVE cannon at lock 3 does at least 2; I remember that much from the mission. Lightning gun though, pierces through shields, not bots iirc.

2. Unless the projectile in question was something like pierce gun/EVE lock 3, only the bit will take damage.

3. I believe it gives a small frame of invincibility, but not much, if at all.

4. I don't notice the difference. Even on fire, my boost run doesn't change speed; it's 40+ FLY you get when on fire, so just hightail it and hold space =/
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:32 pm

As far as I'm aware piercing shots have no limit to how many bots they can pierce.

Lightning Guns themselves don't pierce shields, it's their splash damage that simply hits through them.

MJ LG has no invuln frames.

I think burn locks you at yellow-tier boost run, if it affects it at all.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:17 pm

1. I mean in a single bot, do those projectil deal damage to shield AND bits AND bot
2. I mean melee, like fencer swept a patty with bit eqquiped, do every part of bits and bot get damage
3. =o
4. so, it's transfered to movement chart ?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:33 pm

1. Probably for pierce gun and EVE lock 3.
2. Patty, her WB and her parts will get hurt by VF; not so much because of piercing, but because VF's hitbox made contact with multiple hitboxes at different angles.
3. Ty. Totally forgot if it did. Don't use the duo.
4. No. If anything, it worsens things if what Suguri says is true (it makes sense to me though; my Ivis has orange boost run, and she seems to run slower when on fire. I end up flying with her when it happens.)

Just fly when you're on fire. Pure and simple.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Flying against a burner hopper means you already died
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Protip: burning locks your movement stats to something like 20 wlk "45" fly.

xzpwnz wrote:
what if you have anti-burn (’・ω・`)
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 9:56 am

Suguri wrote:
Protip: burning locks your movement stats to something like 20 wlk "45" fly.

xzpwnz wrote:
what if you have anti-burn (’・ω・`)

What arena bot has antiburn unless you're OMGISETMYSELFONFIRE Baron.
Note: Burners have REALLY shitty range. Even Long Burner(range: 90)'s range sucks massive horsecock.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Then they don't need to use their 40 wlk 18 fly boost run on you
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:54 pm

STOVL with Slow status doesn't even take you to max altitude. You fly like half altitude REALLY SLOWLY.

If you float dash sideways, then slam the camera to one side, you do weird loops. Throws off aiming from above, and from directly in front. For example, dash right, holding the right key. Slam camera left. After a short delay, you'll either spin 180 degrees to the left, so your face is at where your back was, while continuing to fly at towards your right AM (now pointing left from where your camera started). The turning is really sudden, with no prior notification. It's like you grabbed a pole and slingshotted around it.

Fire when Sway ends for 100% accurate shots. It counts as you standing still, so Raid/Assault rifle and such work well with it. Wonder what a slicegun Sway would look like.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 5:57 pm

Oh that's a nifty trick. I've noticed that too a bit but never paid much attention to it. I should put that in Smile
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 6:02 pm

For even more fun, do the "Alpha-Striking-during-Float-Dash-without-Moving-Burst-trick" while shooting at a circling AIR unit with Blast Bazookas. You get EXACTLY two shots off if you don't extend into flight if you do it properly. If you maneuver properly, that's one shot to the face and one to the ass. Ironically, it works BETTER if they Air Loop, since you'll be behind them firing while they're still fixed into their loop's direction. Accel Roll lets you turn I think, so they can avoid a shot if they predict your aim. Lily Rain is what I used for this, the Psyguns can really crowd the airspace if you jet around like that with Hypershot. Le Reve Psyguns would probably be best.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 am

Iseal wrote:
"Alpha-Striking-during-Float-Dash-without-Moving-Burst-trick"
This can be applied with Short Boost too.(And it's a lot easier.)
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 am

I've just read the first page, it has been a while since last time.

OMFG IT'S SO LONG!!

Noted for myself: I stopped at beam weps today.

ngelicdark wrote:

H. Negatron Rifle: 180 cost, -3 STR, -2 WLK, -2 FLY. (Shop) This thing is the large version of a Beam Rifle, except the base Force has been increased to 25. It's large to carry as well, but it's a good weapon to hold for M/L sized AIRs if you're not into SDCs (for L sized AIRs only).

^
Isn't it for M+ sized LNDs, AIRs, and SUPs?

EDIT: Argh, I doubled! affraid
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:41 am

There are a lot of weapon inaccuracies I was planning to fix actually (I also don't pay attention to a lot of em, because some weapons are better suited to certain bot types), and negatron rifle is one of em. I've only had them recommended to L airs around OB time. Blazed Baron FF sword and slash blade I have suspicions are also wrong in descriptions of their combo; I have to double check ingame later and rewrite.

That being said, I judge that 80-90% of it to be accurate to their stats/description of combo. Eventually, I'll fill them in to have it done. Remind me to get Beam SP Pitcher before it goes this week because I don't own it, and I know it should be put in.

That said, yeah, the post is ridiculously long lol. It turns off a lot of people when they see it (they're looking to read something concise so they can just go okay, I'm ready LET'S PLAY). But you can't satisfy everyone. And CB is complicated for a newbie just picking it up, judging by how stupid sometimes the algorithms are for making the mechanics.

I'm just glad 3 posts were enough (thank god I had enough hindsight for that). Though it might get longer. >.> Dunno what I'ma do for that.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 5:07 pm

It's easier to start it during Short Boost, but I find it harder to do it successively. The first one always works, but the later ones start failing. Never had that problem with Float Dash. Maybe it's Quick Land that's messing me up?
Back to top Go down
hyorinryu
hyorinryu

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Personally I like Negatron best with Lnds and SUPs, thought I don't have any SUP. AIRs just have the superior ABR to use, and ARTs can't use it. I've strapped it on to my Shino and Squealer to great success. It's worth adding that Negatron is one of the few beam weapons that aren't exclusive to AIR.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:49 am

EVE cannon ignore barrier shield,
i got blasted by 90 dmg in last epoch, even after I hide behind that barrier .-.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:56 am

Haha, I'm still having fun taking people out one by one with my NegaSway Medic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next