Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)

Go down 
+28
fhoeng
pulupulu
Kitouski
Fireflywater
Nihil679
Iseal
tiflisben
hyorinryu
xzpwnz
Getab
Etherlight
Trill
ziix
narutosupernova
Nisa
Hellenisti
Strill
knyx
Hyoka
blead
FireKiller87
SkyeMeir
LazerRazer
reiya
Intet
necrio
Suguri
ngelicdark
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:42 am

TEC does NOT affect accuracy. It only affects the % increase or decrease for all non-melee damage.

Oh, and you can't have negative stats. You should probably edit that.

Last edited by FireKiller87 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:44 am

So should it be removed?
ngelicdark wrote:
TEC: Calculation of ranged weaponry damage, some melee (ie. Frau Adone’s legs, Crim B. Spear, Connie’s WSB), as well as the accuracy and controlled spread of shots.
Formula of TEC based dmg: (Weapon's Force) * (1 + 0.016 * (TEC-10))
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:47 am

i thought it does. to a small extent.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 6:48 am

blead wrote:
So should it be removed?
ngelicdark wrote:
TEC: Calculation of ranged weaponry damage, some melee (ie. Frau Adone’s legs, Crim B. Spear, Connie’s WSB), as well as the accuracy and controlled spread of shots.
Formula of TEC based dmg: (Weapon's Force) * (1 + 0.016 * (TEC-10))

Yep. TEC only controls damage, so far as I know.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:03 pm

Wow so many posts. I wasn't watching this thread because I was busy cramming for a pharmacology midterm AHAHA. I STILL HAVE A PATHOLOGY MIDTERM TO GO! *coughs*

@necrio: Wonderful. I was inspired by reading the posts and pleas for advice from both this forum and my guild. The problem is writing it but hey now that I put down a single part of it down, I'm obligated to finish it!

@Suguri: Thanks for the info. Will be writing it down somewhere along the lines to put down. The sects that are up right now are going to be reorganized time and time again so yeah.

@Reiya and Suguri: Will be posting that be about kamui staff in the weapons section (according to my list here that should be up in a week or two depending on how midterms/finals will be rolling around for me). Pump Gun detail noted. Thanks.

@People who want to know about Tec controlled shots: a long time ago, about I don't know, during OBT2, there was a thread somewhere in the Help section in regards to Tec affecting other things than damage. Someone with popularity/influence had confirmed that tec controlled the spread of shots; people tested it with blasters and shotguns and found that those with a higher tec had a smaller cluster. They also tested with a LPG and realized that the bullets didn't waver as much on the crosshair than those with lower tec. Hence the conclusion. I'll remove the other comment I had about it though because that part, I believe I had read somewhere, but my memory is not clear as of now.

The problem is, most of the data in CB is often experimented, tested, and often, is passed by word of the mouth. That is the reason for all of the skepticism and disbelief. If you guys would like to help test the stuff, and confirm it, I'm sure I won't be the only happy one Very Happy

I won't lie, I have a lot on my plate right now for the next 3 weeks, so updates will be rather slow until my finals are over (about maybe the 2nd week of May). So I won't be getting back for quite a while to these posts. Keep them coming though, I'm really happy to see this forum isn't totally full of effing damned trolls.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:50 pm

reiya, can you test aura with broken shields too? I'm wondering if there's a legitimately broken and abusable gimmick available here.
Back to top Go down
SkyeMeir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SkyeMeir

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:32 am

Ever since the Aura buff, I've been using Suzeku with a shield and it never came back in Aura mode. Tested it again to make sure, and nope, shield don't regenerate in Aura mode.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 12:44 am

SkyeMeir wrote:
Ever since the Aura buff, I've been using Suzeku with a shield and it never came back in Aura mode. Tested it again to make sure, and nope, shield don't regenerate in Aura mode.

But ammo DOES.

Therefore, anything with a high rate of fire or extremely fast ammo usage is easily abused using Aura's ammo regen.
Back to top Go down
SkyeMeir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SkyeMeir

Male Posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 am

IIRC, only ammo from Aura parts regenerate, not from weapons. Hang on, I'm gonna test it.

EDIT: Just tested it, weapon ammo does not regenerate, only ammo from Aura parts.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:08 am

Some fly breakpoints here.

cosmicbreak@wiki wrote:
目安としてはWLKなら25~30、FLYなら28.30.31.34.38を目標にすると良いです。

http://www42.atwiki.jp/cosmicbreak/pages/1599.html

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 7:41 pm

@bleab Thanks. I'll put that in when I finally update this again.

@Hyoka (DUDE I HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN FOREVER MAN ;~Wink, Skye and Suguri, I'll put that stuff in the bit about AURA bots when I come across that sect. Thanks again though.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:37 pm

One thing I noticed: You said Quick Boost will not save you from 0 FLY stats.

Quick Boost doesn't do anything for your FLY, airspeed or anything like that. It simply decreases your boost recharge time by 30%(thus essential to AIRs who usually stay in the air as much as possible).
With Quick Boost, the time needed to recharge a fully depleted gauge is approximately one second, give or take half a second or so.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 11:41 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
One thing I noticed: You said Quick Boost will not save you from 0 FLY stats.

Quick Boost doesn't do anything for your FLY, airspeed or anything like that. It simply decreases your boost recharge time by 30%(thus essential to AIRs who usually stay in the air as much as possible).
With Quick Boost, the time needed to recharge a fully depleted gauge is approximately one second, give or take half a second or so.

I think they were talking about quick jump, which seems more applicable to the downsides of having 0 FLY.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Meant quick jump yes, sorry about that, will fix this. Ty!
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Two more RT-only carts for you to add at the end:

Accel Roll-Allows you to do a midair roll in any direction. Excellent for dodging but every roll eats about 1/4 of your boost gauge or so.
Air Loop-Allows you to somersault in midair. Again, good for dodging but eats about 1/4 of your boost per somersault. This cart is AIRbot exclusive.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 12:10 pm

Was planning to put that into a separate section (have to mod the table of contents to reflect that) because they're RT carts. Thanks for the description though, I was unsure of how much boost gauge each took out; I've only used air loop for a bit.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 12:48 pm

You can try them in the single mode. Crim has Air Loop, and Gwayin has Accel Roll.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:07 pm

blead wrote:
You can try them in the single mode. Crim has Accel Roll, and Gwayin has Air Loop?

Half fix'd.
Seraph Tackle can basically function like an Air Loop which doesn't drain as much gauge.
I dunno if Gwyain has Air Loop or Accel Roll. It's been a while.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
blead wrote:
You can try them in the single mode. Crim has Accel Roll, and Gwayin has Air Loop?

Half fix'd.
Seraph Tackle can basically function like an Air Loop which doesn't drain as much gauge.
I dunno if Gwyain has Air Loop or Accel Roll. It's been a while.
Gwyain in single mode has air loop.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 4:34 pm

I've tried air loop personally on my seraph so I have more info on that. I do have quite a few 7 day Accel Rolls in case I can't find the bot with it in single mode. I'll crack one open to test it and see where it can fit better.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:06 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
I've tried air loop personally on my seraph so I have more info on that. I do have quite a few 7 day Accel Rolls in case I can't find the bot with it in single mode. I'll crack one open to test it and see where it can fit better.

Accel Roll is basically like an Air Loop, with 1) shorter animation and 2) no added height.
Think of Accel Roll as a barrel roll, in the air. Air Loop is like a backflip.

I personally like Accel Roll better. Two reasons:
1) At the top and bottom of the loop, your velocity momentarily drops to zero, making you an easy target.
2) The evasion value is lower since it takes longer to finish the animation.
Back to top Go down
Strill

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:42 pm

What determines how fast you land from the air? I noticed that Lily Rain EVE in the mission was able to chain float dashes extremely quickly.
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 9:50 pm

Strill wrote:
What determines how fast you land from the air? I noticed that Lily Rain EVE in the mission was able to chain float dashes extremely quickly.

Most likely Quick Land; this cart reduces the lag-time you experience when landing, thus allowing you to move almost immediately after landing.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Hellenisti wrote:
Strill wrote:

Most likely Quick Land; this cart reduces the lag-time you experience when landing, thus allowing you to move almost immediately after landing.

Nope.avi

The only things that make you land quicker are Tengu BS, Izuna core and Brix BS, Quick land cart just decreases your cooldown time for another takeoff by 30%, hence it's a hopper must cart.

Tempura's TL team trolled you good.
Back to top Go down
Strill

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm

knyx wrote:
Hellenisti wrote:
Strill wrote:

Nope.avi

The only things that make you land quicker are Tengu BS, Izuna core and Brix BS, Quick land cart just decreases your cooldown time for another takeoff by 30%, hence it's a hopper must cart.

Tempura's TL team trolled you good.
Then why can Lily Rain EVE float dash so often?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)   [General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[General] Cosmic Break: an Extensive Compilation/Guide (Updated 6/30/13)
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next