Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is this game broken?

Go down 
+31
Mew
Etherlight
LazerRazer
reVelske
RoboFranky
necrio
Kitouski
IcyAmiki
MightyPeanut
Kecepirit
udon-GE
HEARTLESS_HALOS
SJunior
StickyKeys
SilverySil
Suguri
boytitan2
Riverlia
Hellenisti
DarkChuky
Kobrakai
xzpwnz
Ren
Midreus
BNOISE
Nilla
Intet
SkyPanic
Moon Light
Broken
brokita1
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
udon-GE
[Donator]
[Donator]
udon-GE

is this game broken? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:07 am

vanguard fencer.....

Use byne with haku sword and shield. Just dont show your back on em
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:20 am

there are much more numbers and variety of LNDs running around in the arena...

i really would advise people that complain about being LNDs do try playing some ARTs, and no not eve.
then you can really contemplate whether LNDs are underpowered.

its really like saying melee ARTs were viable...
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 am

there re no type that over power there re only bots which over power
the point is "are you use them right and which opponent are you fighting with"
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:07 am

142'd by Vanguard recently, plus they get the attack speed self-buff and flying doesnt cut it anymore Sad
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:31 am

inb4hoppingvanguardseason.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 5:59 am

Vanguard being OP feels like a big joke I wasn't let in on.

If you're a LND, just back up and shoot them. If you're a melee spammer and can't do anything else, you just might lose because that's ALL a Vanguard can do, so they better be good at it, and they are.

If you're an air, jump higher. If you're afraid of what happens when you land, land somewhere safe, or shoot them for god's sake.

If you're an ART, you're supposed to die from what you're weak against, but that doesn't mean that if you get a good start on them, a missle spam won't slow them down. Some ARTs have ungodly flying speed.

Whenever I fight a Vanguard one on one, they die. Whenever I see a Vanguard place 1st and someone says, "HNNNG OP VANGUARD" I can't help but think that wouldn't happen if people didn't clutter like idiots when a Vanguard is around so they could cleave people one by one.

People need to QQ less and pewpew moar, learn how to play the game to compensate for them losing to spam-button strategies. He's strong, but not THAT strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:12 am

I kill vanguards in melee with Mr. Universe LND mode.

Working on Mr. Universe AIR mode for more vanguard pwnage.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 am

Kitouski wrote:

If you're a LND, just back up and shoot them. If you're a melee spammer and can't do anything else, you just might lose because that's ALL a Vanguard can do, so they better be good at it, and they are.

If you're an air, jump higher. If you're afraid of what happens when you land, land somewhere safe, or shoot them for god's sake.

If you're an ART, you're supposed to die from what you're weak against, but that doesn't mean that if you get a good start on them, a missle spam won't slow them down. Some ARTs have ungodly flying speed.

Whenever I fight a Vanguard one on one, they die. Whenever I see a Vanguard place 1st and someone says, "HNNNG OP VANGUARD" I can't help but think that wouldn't happen if people didn't clutter like idiots when a Vanguard is around so they could cleave people one by one.

People need to QQ less and pewpew moar, learn how to play the game to compensate for them losing to spam-button strategies. He's strong, but not THAT strong.

First a smart vangaurd attacks a heal group or ppl when there not looking you wont get the chance to shoot him sure vangaurd vs a shooting land 1 vs 1 will loose but this is arena ur not exspecting a vangaurd to come from behind and rape your ass.

Airs arent op it just for some fucktard reason cs thaught making seraphs free was a good idea, seraph is op actualy I can only name 4 airs that can kill it 1vs1 air raider suzaku with seirions head blitzelt with serions head and air riader and gaiwan thats it why the hell is a bot that powerful uc.

no really lets do a comparison have you ever seen a izuna kill a l sized art no she rt tho??? have you ever seena seraph kill a L sized art HELL ya shes uc WTF confused confused confused well alt least it was the least op of the fag bots I cant picture if vangaurd ouka ivis or eve were uc instead affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 am

... okay let me just get boytitan'd for a moment here because I really need to respond to this

boytitan2 wrote:
First a smart vangaurd attacks a heal group or ppl when there not looking you wont get the chance to shoot him sure vangaurd vs a shooting land 1 vs 1 will loose but this is arena ur not exspecting a vangaurd to come from behind and rape your ass.
that's why you... uhh, i dunno, look around. being part of a heal group doesn't mean you're forced to stare in one direction forever and ever.

boytitan2 wrote:
Airs arent op it just for some fucktard reason cs thaught making seraphs free was a good idea, seraph is op actualy I can only name 4 airs that can kill it 1vs1 air raider suzaku with seirions head blitzelt with serions head and air riader and gaiwan thats it why the hell is a bot that powerful uc.
okay uh
give me Suguri's 40 FLY beezle
I'll solo a Seraph for you
given the quality of the average Seraph player, I should succeed at least 60% of the time
fact

boytitan2 wrote:
no really lets do a comparison have you ever seen a izuna kill a l sized art no she rt tho???
yes
my own izuna kamui nagi, even. and she's UC.

boytian2 wrote:
have you ever seena seraph kill a L sized art HELL ya shes uc WTF confused confused confused well alt least it was the least op of the fag bots I cant picture if vangaurd ouka ivis or eve were uc instead affraid affraid affraid affraid
then people would stop bitching about said bots being overpowered and just friggin buy them to counter other people using them. duh.

oh and congratulations you finally made me pick one of your posts apart.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:04 am

I jumped a Vanguard in JP yesterday with my Lily for some reason, even though he was slashing and buffed.

Structure Breaker shot him for a 70, a 56, and then the deathblow. :3c
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:06 am

Suguri wrote:
I jumped a Vanguard in JP yesterday with my Lily for some reason, even though he was slashing and buffed.

70 on a LND-type?

... i should steer clear of structure breaker users `-`
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:11 am

Midreus wrote:
Suguri wrote:

70 on a LND-type?

Yeah, it's a bullet based weapon rather then explosive, so it's damage that's not exactly easy to reduce. Structure Breakers have 50 force, so it's entirely possible to get those numbers on anything that has decent tec.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 am

It all goes down to the player

I've fought ramboing VFs 1 on 1 with my ramboing Byne a few times and usually win (unless my Byne was ramboing with red health >_>)

I've used my Baron to chase retreating S sized AIRs and fired zookas up their ass (so far, a Crim and a Tesla). Got into the enemy territory and left it alive.

I've also used Baron to fly around EVEs head and pump the 8 Vulcan up her ass, ending up fragging/severely damaging her

My hoppin Amateus can take on an EVE, a Marill, a Destructor CN all at once....till sumguy firepillared me/VF arrived

Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:18 am

Kitouski wrote:
Midreus wrote:
Suguri wrote:

70 on a LND-type?

Yeah, it's a bullet based weapon rather then explosive, so it's damage that's not exactly easy to reduce. Structure Breakers have 50 force, so it's entirely possible to get those numbers on anything that has decent tec.
I know that much, but don't Breaker-type weapons also have a blast component in addition to their shell component? x:
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:21 am

Kitouski wrote:

your missing the point, i use a katana max, 32 str (working on getting to 40) and with haku sword on the squishiest opponents ill hit 50-70. then a vanguard can do 120+ with 32 str.

the problem isnt letting them hit you only 2-3 times, its that they can kill you in two to three hits.

and if you paid attention were talking about a land counter, keep up please
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 am

brokita1 wrote:
your missing the point, i use a katana max, 32 str (working on getting to 40) and with haku sword on the squishiest opponents ill hit 50-70. then a vanguard can do 120+ with 32 str.
uhh so yeah vanguard (RT gara bot) can hit harder than katana max (some UC bot).

vanguard also has jack shit for defensive options, more or less only has the option to charge in a straight line, and is limited to melee only. your point?

brokita1 wrote:
the problem isnt letting them hit you only 2-3 times, its that they can kill you in two to three hits.
then uh don't let them hit you at all

as AIR, keep flying.
as LND, outrun him. this is fairly simple since vanguard is a slowpoke
as ART, pay some attention to your surroundings derpderp.
as SUP, read ART

works on any map except maaaybe random arcantus.

brokita1 wrote:
okay then let's pay attention and keep up
LND counter=AIR

trufax
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:36 am

Midreus wrote:
Nishishi.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 am

Cori wrote:
Midreus wrote:
Nishishi.

plenty VF users spam WLK tunes and use Boost Run
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:40 am

Midreus wrote:
brokita1 wrote:
uhh so yeah vanguard (RT gara bot) can hit harder than katana max (some UC bot).

vanguard also has jack shit for defensive options, more or less only has the option to charge in a straight line, and is limited to melee only. your point?

brokita1 wrote:

as AIR, keep flying.
as SUP, read ART

brokita1 wrote:
LND counter=AIR

trufax

you re wrong
as an SUP give it an shock shield or thorn bind, then kite it to dead What a Face

and sure, VF = ve boost run, so keep an eye on your radar
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 am

RoboFranky wrote:
Cori wrote:
Midreus wrote:
Nishishi.

How can Franky read Cori's mind? QQ
Back to top Go down
Riverlia

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:32 am

Quote :
VF's slashes and the nature of boost run make them not that maneuverable, from what I've seen.
Not to mention if they focus it all on Wlk, it mean their tgh is not that good
I've seen VF that can outrun me in straight line (well, my SHino only has 25 Wlk without tune, so it's not that weird)
Yet the moment I start strafing em, they all fail to land a good hit or get stun by a single gun shot (I had like... 9 tech)

Well, VFs are deadly when you were caught off guard, I'll give you that, but that giant sword is kinda hard to miss, and they love to aim at art and sup, so Lnd bot like me can always try to keep a safe distance.

Frankly, it felt hard to deal with em for the first few day of release, but recently I find a lagging Hatigarm Machine with K shield a bigger problem.

It's almost amusing to see a VF rush in screaming just to get stun lock and killed by hypershot-buffed guns.

Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:33 pm

Midreus wrote:
brokita1 wrote:

brokita1 wrote:

as AIR, keep flying.
as SUP, read ART

brokita1 wrote:
LND counter=AIR

trufax

yet again, the point is

1. their damage is through the rough, even if they are a RT bot, that we will say is a 16 dollar one (in the chance you get him in a 5x) roll, theres no UC bot that can even hope to compete,
this goes with the free to play, pay to win mentally i suggested

2. i said i mainly play LAND bots, with the exception of a heli to make sure my main bot has enough time to heal, and come back 100%
therefore, as a melee land bot, with kamui, how am i supposed to kite/outrage/out damage when he has farther reach and much high damage output

3. this was merely a thread to talk about how broken VF is, what your talking about is comparing apples to oranges
its like WoW, saying a warrior has better armor than a rogue, so lets give the rogue more utility, then you bring up magic or healing, which neither can do

now then, your reformed opinion?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:02 pm

brokita1 wrote:

your missing the point, i use a katana max, 32 str (working on getting to 40) and with haku sword on the squishiest opponents ill hit 50-70
Congratulations, your Katana Max hits harder with a relatively low-force weapon than my Ouka does. Sounds like Katana Max needs to be nerfed.

Also, Red Squealer with the Gigantic Axe from the shop can break 170 damage with a cart step + axe strike combo.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Do keep in mind that you people are talking about a team-based game, not a 1v1. VF doesn't have to chase anyone, and he rightfully shouldn't if it's clearly not worth the risk. Amidst the combat, there will always be perfect target(s) who is/are completely unaware of your presence whilst being too occupied. It's easy to say "stay aware of your surroundings", but when you are busy dodging some ABR'd Seraph whilst trying to bazooka her down, like hell are you gonna be watching for a VF coming at you from your blindspot.
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 pm

Suguri wrote:
brokita1 wrote:

your missing the point, i use a katana max, 32 str (working on getting to 40) and with haku sword on the squishiest opponents ill hit 50-70
Congratulations, your Katana Max hits harder with a relatively low-force weapon than my Ouka does. Sounds like Katana Max needs to be nerfed.

Also, Red Squealer with the Gigantic Axe from the shop can break 170 damage with a cart step + axe strike combo.

if true, keep in mind katana max is a UC bot, and relatively free, if you dont count the time you put into it, as for squealer, AFAIK its something that for the most part, is free too, the conversation is a bout the RT bots, mainly garapons, and how they can dominate easily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

is this game broken?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next