Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is this game broken?

Go down 
+31
Mew
Etherlight
LazerRazer
reVelske
RoboFranky
necrio
Kitouski
IcyAmiki
MightyPeanut
Kecepirit
udon-GE
HEARTLESS_HALOS
SJunior
StickyKeys
SilverySil
Suguri
boytitan2
Riverlia
Hellenisti
DarkChuky
Kobrakai
xzpwnz
Ren
Midreus
BNOISE
Nilla
Intet
SkyPanic
Moon Light
Broken
brokita1
35 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

is this game broken? Empty
PostSubject: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:33 pm

i took 2 weeks of a CB from peace corps (maybe add a week) and now that i come back, i think the game is getting rediculous... vanguard, well the whole new garapon isn't a good business model, and vanguard its-self is kinda broken (tested and it seems he can 2-3 shot all my mains)

so... keep playing in agony or quit?
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Im game.
Back to top Go down
Moon Light

Male Posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 12:49 pm

if nothing on OB hinted you that cash users would spam flavor of the month to win hard, then maybe you should consider other less P2W games.

back in OB we had ivis everywhere. if you didnt had a ivis you had a air unit, if you had ART you were a rare breed that died out quickly or actualy had 30+ fly to GTFO.

when CS releases ivis, we will have even more "broken"ess around. when more broken bots come, everything will simply swift to the new broken bot, and we will begin everything again.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:19 pm

brokita1 wrote:
i took 2 weeks of a CB from peace corps (maybe add a week) and now that i come back, i think the game is getting rediculous... vanguard, well the whole new garapon isn't a good business model, and vanguard its-self is kinda broken (tested and it seems he can 2-3 shot all my mains)

so... keep playing in agony or quit?

yeah that THING can kill an art bot in 3-5 hit, when it's coming please get out of it's way

actually
CBJP updates should made an nerf for EVE, Vanguard and ivis

you can still play by switch to an AIR or keep an eye on your radar
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:53 pm

well orignally ive been land since beta, since i love countering the plentiful Arts, but now with eve, everones going air, and its shifting the balance
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:17 pm

Game is only as broken as you let it be. If you continue to play at a sub par level, or are not willing to change bots to survive the metagame, then your gonna get scraped plain and simple. Only thing I hate right now is EVE for doing 100+ damage from near draw distance, and vangaurds. I only hate vangaurds because people are either too stubborn or stupid to; check radar/scan horizon/ use beam rifles/ play more mobile artillery. Both however can be dealt with via quality play and planning, or in the case of vangaurds, a gun and some mobility.
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:23 pm

I made sosad2day because I didn't want to see my poor destructor girl get manhandled by any more vanguards Sad

Just gotta know that certain bots/weapons will always have a clear advantage over the other. Like say; how many airs do you see chasing capable arts with blast zookas
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:24 pm

Rolling Eyes hate you CS - you go nerf Arts (blast guard) and Air (no more auto tracking lazr) but leave Land to spam the ground to death

the only non land bots that can truly handle the massive influx of land without needing a ton of skill -

Winnbrl
Bugsycait
Lily Rain EVE
Lily Rain
Saggitarius Maxis - this is only if you like staying in the back lines and spamming your railgun
Seraph Crimrose
Izuna
Brickgale
Anything that can carry Stardust Cannon

everything else generally gets dominated by land unless the player has some skill - this being in terms of actually killing the opposing land bot and not running away
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Nilla wrote:
Just gotta know that certain bots/weapons will always have a clear advantage over the other. Like say; how many airs do you see chasing capable arts with blast zookas
The one packing high FLY and a range-tuned Negatron Rifle to stay away from the Blast Zooks, of course! :3 (although that admittedly is a fairly poor choice for any other situation except sniping)
Back to top Go down
Ren
Ren

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:28 pm

As long as people maintain interest in a game, its possible that the game could last for 5 years.

But given that there is more pay content than not, it might be difficult to carry on like this.

But hey, what can I say? I'm also a victim of cosmic trolling.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Midreus wrote:
Nilla wrote:
The one packing high FLY and a range-tuned Negatron Rifle to stay away from the Blast Zooks, of course! :3 (although that admittedly is a fairly poor choice for any other situation except sniping)
stardust > negatron rifle

/argument
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Any type of air is capable of killing a vanguard unless you're a lady
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:34 pm

If I owned either a Lily Rain EVE or Vanguard, I would be telling you to play better. Alas, I don't own either. Actually, I take that back. I probably wouldn't touch a Vanguard because the second an air gets within shooting range of them they're sitting ducks, and all I really use is AIRs and a DG so I'm usually out of sight out of mind the second a Vanguard comes by, and it usually falls victim to my painful plasma gun and/or full cart tuned missiles from a nearby cliff. However, Lily Rain EVE is very broken, and something seriously needs to be done about that obnoxiously big hitbox. There's been plenty of times I've had a shot fly next to my DG and not even touch her, and it still does full damage? It's sort of stupid, and makes a 1v1 with an EVE near impossible.

Oh yeah, hoppers are pretty broken too.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:43 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Rolling Eyes not small air like beezle - too little hp and you generally won't be flying that high so vanguard WILL hit you
same for basic crim and a lot of other bots

course when you finally tune them to 40 fly it's all good

maybe i should be more clear - any air that has 40 fly
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:51 pm

BNOISE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Rolling Eyes not small air like beezle - too little hp and you generally won't be flying that high so vanguard WILL hit you

I don't think you're playing airs right bro. It doesn't really even matter how much fly you have, you can roll a vanguard with a bathelon in mid air with it's shields on and still go untouched, I do it all the time with my bathelon just for shits and giggles. Granted, it has dual SDCs, but it should be just as easy, if not, easier with a beezle.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm

funny.. if u check the gara and shop.. it's full of AIR, and there isn't too much to chose from LND.. I think this game lacks in LND bots...

there will be always one or 2 bots that rule... and all noob ppls will use them cause it's the easy way to play.. like hopper... get one and u will surbibe a lot... xD.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:55 pm

DarkChuky wrote:
funny.. if u check the gara and shop.. it's full of AIR, and there isn't too much to chose from LND.. I think this game lacks in LND bots...

there will be always one or 2 bots that rule... and all noob ppls will use them cause it's the easy way to play.. like hopper... get one and u will surbibe a lot... xD.
Hey man, don't hate on hoppers. It takes skills to play that bad.

/sarcasm

Actually, only part of it is sarcasm. I'll leave it up to you guys to guess which part that is.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Kobrakai wrote:

I don't think you're playing airs right bro. It doesn't really even matter how much fly you have, you can roll a vanguard with a bathelon in mid air with it's shields on and still go untouched, I do it all the time with my bathelon just for shits and giggles. Granted, it has dual SDCs, but it should be just as easy, if not, easier with a beezle.
iono man my beezle only got 20 fly and it always lands and get hit by them swords
not only that but it don't got quick boost cause i was trying to keep it cost low
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:01 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Midreus wrote:
Nilla wrote:
stardust > negatron rifle

/argument
>blast bazooka
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:02 pm

BNOISE wrote:
everything else generally gets dominated by land unless the player has some skill - this being in terms of actually killing the opposing land bot and not running away

You're over-rating LND types.

You should be more afraid of AIRs, AIR > everything. My Seraph eats Vanguards for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even for a midnight snack.

Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:05 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Kobrakai wrote:

iono man my beezle only got 20 fly and it always lands and get hit by them swords
not only that but it don't got quick boost cause i was trying to keep it cost low
That's why you need to watch your radar for those fast moving circles, and get to higher ground. As an AIR, it's pretty much your responsibility to take care of any rushing LND bots, and distract/kite enemy territory so your team can rush in while they're off-guard. Not to run straight into the PS like most idiots with air do, and not to play close to the land unless you have float dash and 40 fly (Which, if you do, use it to dodge missiles. They will not track correctly if you use float dash to takeoff and stay near the ground. It also works great for kiting vanguards, as most vanguards will try to chase you down but 40 fly>40 wlk in terms of speed.)
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:08 pm

BNOISE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

Never play airs ever again. Ever.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Kobrakai wrote:

That's why you need to watch your radar for those fast moving circles, and get to higher ground. As an AIR, it's pretty much your responsibility to take care of any rushing LND bots, and distract/kite enemy territory so your team can rush in while they're off-guard. Not to run straight into the PS like most idiots with air do, and not to play close to the land unless you have float dash and 40 fly (Which, if you do, use it to dodge missiles. They will not track correctly if you use float dash to takeoff and stay near the ground. It also works great for kiting vanguards, as most vanguards will try to chase you down but 40 fly>40 wlk in terms of speed.)
for reals?
i just rush in with seraph or izuna or bgale and rape the ps...

imab like yesh it not my fault if i don't protect you big fat arts

it every man for himself, more frags you get more awesome you are

don't need float dash for them, they got like bgale booster and stuff to get you to max height fast
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm

no

just no
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 3:21 pm

Midreus wrote:
no

just no
man that sux
except it works really well for epoch, arcantus, and the one with the tree room in the middle where it is all just straight up fighting

rush to where the most red is and shoot them to death

that is my strategy for playing air
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this game broken?   is this game broken? Empty

Back to top Go down

is this game broken?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next