Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck

Go down 
+19
Segawa
koi
rawrz
Nisa
nakee
manaka_junpei
Glass
Shance
rei_hunter
Hobobo
knyx
boytitan2
NumeroDoS
SkyPanic
Suguri
AzureRathalos
FreedomFighter
xzpwnz
Maarek
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maarek
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 7

New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck Empty
PostSubject: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:17 pm

So ive been playing Cosmic Break for about 3 days or so, flying around with my lovely Crimrose (<3) and actually doing consistently well in the "noob room". Alas, my recent promotion to Iron Hero has resulted in my banishment from my former playground and now im forced to play with the big boys. How's that been going... well...

Me: Oh look a LND bot melee spamming with his back to me, ill shoot him *shoots

Enemy: *Does a 180 and sends 50 missiles into my poor Crimrose

Crim-chan: Nooo! D: *explodes

Me: ..... ;.;

...yeah. I know the old phrase "Practice makes perfect" and im working on that too, but im wondering if there's something else i can do so i dont finish every round with negative score. I tried reading this one Crimrose guide... and it hasnt helped much.

First Question: Weapon: What should I be using? Ive tried the Beam Gun, Plasma Gun, and Beam Rifle and have been equally fail with all three.

Second Question: How to shoot AND hit stuff while flying: Ive noticed that despite my best efforts at aiming, my accuracy while airborne is very low... especially against those fast moving melee spamming small LND types... and AIRs in general. Heck sometimes i aim right at a stationary bot and somehow manage to miss.

Third Question: Should I be tuning up my stuff? The guide i read said not to tune up until i promote to Seraph Crimrose. And yet now that im out of the noob room ive been taking 100+ damage at a time.

Question 3.5: What Tune-Ups should I use?

Thanks to those who can help me.

Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:23 pm

I suggest using a mini bazooka and a beam type weapon for now
Go quest for easy exp to level my waifu
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:33 pm

Maarek wrote:

First Question: Weapon: What should I be using? Ive tried the Beam Gun, Plasma Gun, and Beam Rifle and have been equally fail with all three.

Second Question: How to shoot AND hit stuff while flying: Ive noticed that despite my best efforts at aiming, my accuracy while airborne is very low... especially against those fast moving melee spamming small LND types... and AIRs in general. Heck sometimes i aim right at a stationary bot and somehow manage to miss.

Third Question: Should I be tuning up my stuff? The guide i read said not to tune up until i promote to Seraph Crimrose. And yet now that im out of the noob room ive been taking 100+ damage at a time.

Thanks to those who can help me.

Weapon : Wide Beam / Plasma for dominate LND and stuff, Bazooka for AIR killing.

Fly left and right, don't get close and keep shooting

go to ground area and find cosmos pot
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 5:00 pm

1. Weapon: What should I be using? Ive tried the Beam Gun, Plasma Gun, and Beam Rifle and have been equally fail with all three.
My best suggestions are:
Wide Beam Gun - Decently large projectile, a good mid-range, plenty of ammo. Very easy to aim.
Mini Bazooka - More or less used when fighting against other AIR types, since explosive weapons do bonus damage.
Plasma Gun - Less ammo and smaller projectile size than Wide Beam, but a much faster shot and more power.

2. How to shoot AND hit stuff while flying: Ive noticed that despite my best efforts at aiming, my accuracy while airborne is very low... especially against those fast moving melee spamming small LND types... and AIRs in general. Heck sometimes i aim right at a stationary bot and somehow manage to miss.
Here's something that I do that I find works well:
In the air, after pressing A or D to begin circling around a target, LET GO OF THE DIRECTION KEY and just let yourself glide in that path. Then aim and fire. If you hold the direction key down, the flier will try and turn to face the direction you're holding and not in the direction you want to face to shoot.

Also, change directions often in the air and watch your boost gauge.

3. Should I be tuning up my stuff? The guide i read said not to tune up until i promote to Seraph Crimrose. And yet now that im out of the noob room ive been taking 100+ damage at a time.
Don't bother with this at the moment. Tune Ups should be done when you have a better feel for the game. Adjust stats to fit the way you play. Also, Tune Ups raise the cost of your robot to adjust stats. If they don't help you, you just bleed more points when you die.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Long answer:
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t456-a-small-guide-to-crimrose

Short answer:
Maarek wrote:

1. Your primary weapon of choice should be a wide beam gun, plasma gun, or auto beam rifle. Your other weapon should be a mini bazooka. Other weapons of somewhat common use are beam machineguns, particle guns, and blasters.

2. The more you're moving, the less reliable your aim is. Either practice compensating for your own movement when aiming, or fly directly at/away from targets while shooting (<- don't make a habit of this, you make yourself an easy target when you're flying straight).

3. Tunes are unnecessary on a non-Seraph Crim, unless you're seriously intending to keep her unpromoted. In either case, you want to tune fly to 40, then use any remaining slots for tec. I highly recommend waiting for seraph before tuning though.

3.5. Main tuneup will be High Boost Beta, then Great Tech Alpha after you've hit 40 fly. If you fail a High Boost Beta tuneup, you may want to consider using a Great Boost Beta/Gamma next tune to compensate for the wasted slot.

AzureRathalos wrote:

3. Should I be tuning up my stuff? The guide i read said not to tune up until i promote to Seraph Crimrose. And yet now that im out of the noob room ive been taking 100+ damage at a time.
Don't bother with this at the moment. Tune Ups should be done when you have a better feel for the game. Adjust stats to fit the way you play. Also, Tune Ups raise the cost of your robot to adjust stats. If they don't help you, you just bleed more points when you die.
I don't think this can be emphasized enough, tuneups shouldn't be done until you absolutely know what you're doing. Tuning incorrectly is literally paying your hard-earned UC to make your bot worse.

Also, if you manage to be lucky enough to get a Limited Plasma Gun (rare drop from arena), I think that's probably the best weapon you can get for an S-air that doesn't cost RT.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 pm

you only got a 100+ dmg by an lv 3 EVE shot bounce

rmb try to get limited plasma gun at arena and micro bazoka from mission if you want to full tuned, because those weapon got less decreased in FLY and have less COST compare to mini bazoka and plasma gun

Last edited by SkyPanic on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maarek
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks for all the advice so far guys. Very Happy

SkyPanic wrote:
Well considering the room was half EVEs... this happened alot x.x
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm

SkyPanic wrote:

rmb try to get limited plasma gun at arena and micro bazoka from mission if you want to full tuned, because those weapon got less decreased in FLY and have less COST compare to mini bazoka and plasma gun

Micro bazooka is art/support only.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 10:02 pm

Suguri wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:

Micro bazooka is art/support only.

oh just forgot ...
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Another option is to equip a Viper Shield instead of a Mini Bazooka for added survivability. With Wide Beam Gun/Plasma Gun, you'll be a headache against any bot, even AIR, but you'll have to get used on air fights since, without Mini Bazooka, you won't be dealing oodles of damage on them, especially if they have Beam Guard.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:21 am

EXPERIMENT test test something else than retest

for airs I like big mountaniz am2 (there blasters) and hatirgam ams there accel guns

buy new weapons see what you like try to figure your own build
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:38 am

boytitan2 wrote:
EXPERIMENT test test something else than retest

for airs I like big mountaniz am2 (there blasters) and hatirgam ams there accel guns

buy new weapons see what you like try to figure your own build

Again clearly not reading the thread, suggesting to equip a S size bot with L sized arms.

Grind arena, I can't stress this enough, get limited plasma guns, they're lightweight and much more practical than regular plasma guns, having higher muzzle velocity is not a bad tradeoff for reduced force and ammo. if you garapon, get Adone/Victor/Soljeter/X-raptor arms, those are all solid bets, Adone legs are also godly.
Back to top Go down
Hobobo
Hobobo

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 12:50 am

General things to consider:

Depending on the muzzle velocity of a weapon, the amount you have to "lead into" shots will vary, also considering AoE on some weapons.

Shoot where people WILL be. NOT where people ARE.

Secondly:

Crimrose(to me at least) really is just for seraph.

Learn to do Berzilius, and just spam 2* until you're level 10 with crimrose, then seraph promote her and watch her dazzling awesomeness rule the skies...If only Shaden Booster was M Size... *sigh*

Lastly,
Would you mind telling us your play style?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:01 am

Buy yourself an Izuna (The UC Version), equip the LG into your Crimrose (Make sure to have a lot of Capa)

Mini Bazooka for your handheld... and probably a Wide Beam Gun on your other arm.

Then plan ahead for your carts Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:07 am

If you plan to tune your seraph, always remember to do HIGH BOOST BETA tunes. They do -1 on wlk, but costs only 10 per tune. You only need 1 wlk anyways.

Try koi's UC seraph build if you want a cheap 40 fly seraph.

New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck Seraph-nort

Or if you feel lucky enough, try it with the default seraph parts.

New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck Seraph11

Do remember that for cartridges, you need all the cost upgrade carts (that means all seven of them), quick boost (for quick boost recharge) and beam and sword guard carts.

If you feel like plasma guns are too much for cost, try a HIGH FORCE tuned wide beam gun instead (don't bother with GREAT FORCE, the percentage of force it gives off doesn't even amount to what HIGH FORCE already offers). Works the same way, even a bit better because of the larger bullets and abundant ammo supply.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
Glass
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Glass

Male Posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:12 am

The following is just general info about AIRs. Some people lack this knowledge for some reason, but if you know it, survival chances increase dramatically.

Being an air takes a lot of situation analysis. Press on tab a lot, keep an eye on the radar and what's targeting you.

You should be more focused on damaging and surviving instead of going rambo and try to kill everyone in sight as a Crimrose. Which means charging ahead alone.

Flee when needed. Don't be afraid to flee. Dying is a much bigger penalty than escaping.

When you think you're going to be hit by something big (such as a missile), you should also flee. Don't just keep on flying to the enemy's direction. Additionally, flying straight makes it easier to hit you in such situations.

Airs do NOT walk. They only step on the ground to recharge their boost gauge.

Do not. Absolutely DO NOT. Rush into a group of artillery. This should be more common sense than anything.

As for equipment, I personally use a wide beam gun against lands, and a mini bazooka to combat against airs. Especially the fat ones.

*also, if you want seraph, make sure the crimrose is level 10 first.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:26 am

Glass wrote:
The following is just general info about AIRs. Some people lack this knowledge for some reason, but if you know it, survival chances increase dramatically.

Being an air takes a lot of situation analysis. Press on tab a lot, keep an eye on the radar and what's targeting you.

You should be more focused on damaging and surviving instead of going rambo and try to kill everyone in sight as a Crimrose. Which means charging ahead alone.

Flee when needed. Don't be afraid to flee. Dying is a much bigger penalty than escaping.

When you think you're going to be hit by something big (such as a missile), you should also flee. Don't just keep on flying to the enemy's direction. Additionally, flying straight makes it easier to hit you in such situations.

Airs do NOT walk. They only step on the ground to recharge their boost gauge.

Do not. Absolutely DO NOT. Rush into a group of artillery. This should be more common sense than anything.

As for equipment, I personally use a wide beam gun against lands, and a mini bazooka to combat against airs. Especially the fat ones.

*also, if you want seraph, make sure the crimrose is level 10 first.

THIS.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
manaka_junpei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
manaka_junpei

Male Posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 2:46 am

learn from the Experienced Crimrose IGN players here.

as long as you love this game, you can master in no time.
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 am

watch koi's seraph vids, the same person who made the guide you read. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:14 am

CRIMROSE IS MAI WAIFU.

Oh and if you really want to rush,stockup on firepillars and such.
Back to top Go down
rawrz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
rawrz

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:31 am

rei_hunter wrote:
Buy yourself an Izuna (The UC Version), equip the LG into your Crimrose (Make sure to have a lot of Capa)

Mini Bazooka for your handheld... and probably a Wide Beam Gun on your other arm.

You can't take the leg off Izuna, unless you have another leg with a booster connected to it.
Otherwise, you can only get the leg if you buy Izuna, and then buy the leg separately from the parts shop for 50RT.

If I'm wrong and there is a way and it's not listed here, pray tell.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 am

Nisa wrote:
CRIMROSE IS XZ'S WAIFU.

Oh and if you really want to rush,stockup on firepillars and such.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:24 am

rawrz wrote:
rei_hunter wrote:

You can't take the leg off Izuna, unless you have another leg with a booster connected to it.
Otherwise, you can only get the leg if you buy Izuna, and then buy the leg separately from the parts shop for 50RT.

If I'm wrong and there is a way and it's not listed here, pray tell.
Very Happy

What?
Of course you can remove shop Izuna's LG and put it on Crim. It's the BS slot that you can't remove.
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:25 am

I guess I should make a guide on how to use lvl6+ Crimrose in non-circle rooms.
The thing is - arts there are FUCKING OP compared to Crim, some all-blast builds deal 100+ with dual box missiles, railguns hit for 60+, destructor missiles hit for 60+ as well and its damn hard to dodge one even if you have a 40fly Seraph with air loop. And then there are EVEs, normal blast bazookas (not a shitty Victory 1 core), etc.

It's the situation when almost every hit will stun you and deal 50+ damage. And you're still too slow to effectively dodge homing missiles.

Try getting Izuna LG, 2x wing+ AMJ and lily rain AMs to boost your fly. Ace of Hearts Earrings and Cute Berret for ACs.
Don't bother with tuning (maybe high boost beta to amj's or ac's) and rush for Seraph.
And yeah, concentrate on surviving. It's better to deal 500 damage, kill someone and live than do 2x of damage and die.

Btw, Izu-nyan has a BS slot. Or nothing prevents you from junking her.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 6:28 am

koi wrote:
I guess I should make a guide on how to use lvl6+ Crimrose in non-circle rooms.
The thing is - arts there are FUCKING OP compared to Crim, some all-blast builds deal 100+ with dual box missiles, railguns hit for 60+, destructor missiles hit for 60+ as well and its damn hard to dodge one even if you have a 40fly Seraph with air loop. And then there are EVEs, normal blast bazookas (not a shitty Victory 1 core), etc.

It's the situation when almost every hit will stun you and deal 50+ damage. And you're still too slow to effectively dodge homing missiles.

Try getting Izuna LG, 2x wing+ AMJ and lily rain AMs to boost your fly. Ace of Hearts Earrings and Cute Berret for ACs.
Don't bother with tuning (maybe high boost beta to amj's or ac's) and rush for Seraph.
And yeah, concentrate on surviving. It's better to deal 500 damage, kill someone and live than do 2x of damage and die.

Btw, Izu-nyan has a BS slot. Or nothing prevents you from junking her.

YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY THY WORD OF TEH ALMIGHTY KOI.

Oh and aim koi,he sucks with air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck   New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck Empty

Back to top Go down

New (Crimrose) player wants to learn how to... well... not suck
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next