Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GM Events suck

Go down 
+4
Daylyt
Foxie
Weis
Arika
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Arika
Newcomer
Newcomer

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:15 am

All it is is one massive group of people vying for the same 5 monsters. The person who does the most damage gets the items and when the enemies are close together (like the last tree event) the only people who get items are people with AoE damage, this leaves smaller units out. I've been to pretty much every event and haven't won any money, then you guys come out with new units/upgrades that are insanely expensive. For example, the Crimrose update which costs 50,000CU. That is an insane amount of money when you factor in a win in arena yields only a few hundred CU, assuming you do very well. This is supposed to be a Beta and you have already said you are wiping everything at the end; just give everyone infinite money so we can enjoy ourselves and test out different units.
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:25 am

not to bust your balls.
but 50k UC isn't exactly hard to get.

as stated in a previous thread. there are many ways of making money non of which are hard, it just takes patients.
using the UC 30% ticket for example while doing missions can net you 1k per missions done.
exp can be done with arena pending on how well you as a player do or what you hope to accomplish with the bots you pick.

and on another note. some of the upgrades i got was through Garapon. 8k for 5 chances to win w/e that's on the list.
and truth be told the only thing i really want is the sword. vescas was a nice incentive to try something new. and the melee crimrose was a meh but it was new provided i didn't spend more than 20k getting a bot. =)

As for the event. what can i say?
it's really a selective bunch and there really is no way you can expect to beat a class that has aoe. I mean the best you can do is throw on 2x blaster/shotgun for the hell of it to see how you fair =p
Back to top Go down
Arika
Newcomer
Newcomer

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:38 am

50,000CU is alot of money if you never make anything from events. Tickets cost money and last only a short time. When I bought my Baltheon it took me almost 16 hours straight of playing and I was one of the top 3 arena players for almost that entire time.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:11 am

Its not alot, Ive only been playing for three days, And I can tell you that 50k aint much.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:22 am

Foxie wrote:
Its not alot, Ive only been playing for three days, And I can tell you that 50k aint much.

I have to agree. Although the events are nothing but clusters of AoE LL/L types, 50k isnt much to make, I usually just do quests or just stick in the union wars until i make enough money~ Just find something u like to do and dont focus on the amount of money u currently have or else u'll constantly keep looking at it and it'll seem like itz taking forever~
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
RawGreen
RawGreen

Male Posts : 28

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:17 am

It's allot if you haven't figured out a strategy.
Back to top Go down
Ecclesia
Ecclesia

Female Posts : 58

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:30 am

already got 8k after one hr of playing which is fast... when i logged in meh money was 1k only meaning i got 7k per hour.... in less than a day i can get tons of UC lol
with the proper earning strategy 8D
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:42 am

Agreed... AND you can get killed by friendly fire.... which is annoying to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:45 am

an way make it bit fair would be to reduce the amount of trees spawn but make it spawn in all areas, that way it not goona be an cluster shet storm like always tend to be , this is prety much why i dont look forward for that danmed event

i still see easier to make money by quests or arena, , like others said , just dont focus on money lol

and that too, GM want to blow up their servers ,
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 pm

Sayuri Chan wrote:
an way make it bit fair would be to reduce the amount of trees spawn but make it spawn in all areas, that way it not goona be an cluster shet storm like always tend to be , this is prety much why i dont look forward for that danmed event

i still see easier to make money by quests or arena, , like others said , just dont focus on money lol

and that too, GM want to blow up their servers ,

That won't help much. Rather limiting the amount each player can kill per area for the duration of the event might help. Or at least making them not appear to other players....
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:16 pm

Or just spread out the event.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:20 pm

Foxie wrote:

Sa-chan just suggested that.... And I stated after Sa-chan that it wouldn't change the main problem of only a handful of people hogging the spoils still.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:39 pm

Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Sa-chan just suggested that.... And I stated after Sa-chan that it wouldn't change the main problem of only a handful of people hogging the spoils still.
Putting it on all servers, In all the quest modes, Then in the main areas as well, Along with the other many places we can put trees? o:
The few that would hog a single area, would be a large number...
Oh perhaps they should do it the easy way.
Do it like they do the entire wholesale foods thing up here.
highest ranking union goes first with a time limit.
Followed by the second and third.
o3o~
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Putting it on all servers, In all the quest modes, Then in the main areas as well, Along with the other many places we can put trees? o:
o3o~

The line-up thing sounds nice... but then again, what happens when the Unions gain ALOT of members? Aside from that I see no problem with that idea.... right..... right..... *trying to reassure self*
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:05 pm

Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:

o3o~

The line-up thing sounds nice... but then again, what happens when the Unions gain ALOT of members? Aside from that I see no problem with that idea.... right..... right..... *trying to reassure self*
Well first of all it would still be spread out over all the channels With a LONGER overall time before the event ends.
On top of that I am guessing the option of a intanced set up.
you can go and make a "event" room and go with a party to get the trees.
Doing such would place less lag and strain on the servers.
And instances arent to hard to pull off..
On top of that the addition of a "new feature" would help for future events. :3
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Why not put it under mission instead of quests then? Like/As an "Event Mission".... since those are instanced... or at least drawn from pre-set configurations....
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 pm

Rein wrote:
Why not put it under mission instead of quests then? Like/As an "Event Mission".... since those are instanced... or at least drawn from pre-set configurations....
<<
Lets get the game makers asses down here and tell them to change it. D<
(and may as well ask for some freebies....)
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:33 pm

Lol. You do that. I'll get the cookies and camera.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:48 pm

I have cute foxie slut powers. D<
Fear my kinky leather suit. ;D
Back to top Go down
Arika
Newcomer
Newcomer

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:25 pm

Why not just reward players for attending the event? They get x amount of money for attending and have a chance to make more by killing the monsters/trees in the event? That way no one leaves with nothing. Every event I've been to I've won a lot of useless items for upgrading my robot but never once have I won anything monetary.
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Arika wrote:
Why not just reward players for attending the event? They get x amount of money for attending and have a chance to make more by killing the monsters/trees in the event? That way no one leaves with nothing. Every event I've been to I've won a lot of useless items for upgrading my robot but never once have I won anything monetary.

that would just be to easy. that would be rewarding everyone for doing absolutely nothing.
and i would rather have done something to get rewarded than not do anything and get rewarded.

this is just an OB and not 100% of what the game will truly provides. even if you did won something that is monetary it would have been wiped when full release of the game comes out. so i don't see why you're griping over nothing.
Back to top Go down
Arika
Newcomer
Newcomer

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:26 pm

Weis wrote:
Arika wrote:

that would just be to easy. that would be rewarding everyone for doing absolutely nothing.
and i would rather have done something to get rewarded than not do anything and get rewarded.

this is just an OB and not 100% of what the game will truly provides. even if you did won something that is monetary it would have been wiped when full release of the game comes out. so i don't see why you're griping over nothing.

I don't see the reason NOT to implement this then, since no matter how much money you make you're going to lose it all at the end of beta. What I'm suggesting is give people the resources they want NOW so they can play with all the robots/accessories before the end of beta. I really don't see what all the resistance is about; if it's going to all be wiped in a few weeks, who cares if the game is "too easy" during beta?
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Arika wrote:
Weis wrote:
Arika wrote:

I don't see the reason NOT to implement this then, since no matter how much money you make you're going to lose it all at the end of beta. What I'm suggesting is give people the resources they want NOW so they can play with all the robots/accessories before the end of beta. I really don't see what all the resistance is about; if it's going to all be wiped in a few weeks, who cares if the game is "too easy" during beta?
Your missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 pm

Arika wrote:
Weis wrote:
Arika wrote:

The reason why it's good not to give away freebies is because people will nag and complain about wanting them when OB ends.
ppl will cry, kick, scream and aggravate. It's given that the 3 robots will remain. but giving more of it now will only make ppl cranky and want more like they do now on the CB forums. you seen how many threads they've started up involving not wanting to have a wipe?

They actually think they know what it's like to grind from the beggining. Unfortunatly they've been spoiled by the OB and are requesting for more once OB ends.
the point of the game is that it's a grind. the reward comes at what you can do as an individual for quests, missions and arenas.
they've basically given us the idea of what battles and rewards and items will be like when we get that that point of the game. but when the actual game itself starts. we'll all be using SS/S type and maybe some M type bots for battles. anything that you see now will be earned through either cash or your own hard sweat.

there is no easy mode. Open Beta is to test out their server capacity and if their product is working/functioning as expected.
it's not there for you to want anything because they already have selected groups of ppl who make their suggestions plus the game has been out for 4 yrs in japan being a success. With that in mind i think they pretty much have this in the bag of how things will work out.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:59 pm

Weis wrote:
Arika wrote:
Weis wrote:
Arika wrote:

The reason why it's good not to give away freebies is because people will nag and complain about wanting them when OB ends.
ppl will cry, kick, scream and aggravate. It's given that the 3 robots will remain. but giving more of it now will only make ppl cranky and want more like they do now on the CB forums. you seen how many threads they've started up involving not wanting to have a wipe?

They actually think they know what it's like to grind from the beggining. Unfortunatly they've been spoiled by the OB and are requesting for more once OB ends.
the point of the game is that it's a grind. the reward comes at what you can do as an individual for quests, missions and arenas.
they've basically given us the idea of what battles and rewards and items will be like when we get that that point of the game. but when the actual game itself starts. we'll all be using SS/S type and maybe some M type bots for battles. anything that you see now will be earned through either cash or your own hard sweat.

there is no easy mode. Open Beta is to test out their server capacity and if their product is working/functioning as expected.
it's not there for you to want anything because they already have selected groups of ppl who make their suggestions plus the game has been out for 4 yrs in japan being a success. With that in mind i think they pretty much have this in the bag of how things will work out.
Dont forget the economy side.
They tend to test things out with OB then base their prices and order of released content after the game starts based on that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GM Events suck Empty
PostSubject: Re: GM Events suck   GM Events suck Empty

Back to top Go down

GM Events suck
Page 1 of 1