Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.

Go down 
+3
Jello
Bysta
Feign
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. Empty
PostSubject: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:34 pm

Seriously. I work, I cannot change my hours, I'm not enough of a douche to just skip out, and no, I can't get someone to cover for me.

I will miss all of the Lumberjack events, and all of the Clan Tournaments. Generally, when these kind of online events are scheduled in duplicate, they are staggered so that people who work can get to at least one run of the events. Or perhaps running events for more than two hours a night.

I guess I shouldn't complain, it's not like I'm paying for the game, and at this rate, I probably never will. It just feels like too much to keep silent about this kind of laziness.
Back to top Go down
Bysta
Newcomer
Newcomer
Bysta

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:06 pm

How about some love for the EU people playing this game?

Example, 19h CET+1 is 10h PDT. So, there could be some morning events for US, which are perfect for EU people who love this game. That way could participate in some events in decent times and not in 4am for us.

Thank you for (not) listening.
Back to top Go down
http://pitchwise.wordpress.com
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:30 pm

Tempura already said that the lumberjack event being on Wednesday is perfect for them. It being on a Wednesday night and regular updates on Thursday morning. It's perfect for making sure there would be no glitches, bugs, lag, etc that might happen from the event. Also most of their player base is in the US and 7-8PM is when mostly everyone is out of school and work.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 3:42 pm

Jello wrote:
Tempura already said that the lumberjack event being on Wednesday is perfect for them. It being on a Wednesday night and regular updates on Thursday morning. It's perfect for making sure there would be no glitches, bugs, lag, etc that might happen from the event. Also most of their player base is in the US and 7-8PM is when mostly everyone is out of school and work.
Right, but there are so many people who are in a situation that isn't standard school hours that alternate event timing is something worth looking into.

Is it really that impossible for them to run two events in a day? I mean, this is their job, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Feign wrote:
Jello wrote:
Right, but there are so many people who are in a situation that isn't standard school hours that alternate event timing is something worth looking into.

Is it really that impossible for them to run two events in a day? I mean, this is their job, right?

You do understand that we are all in different time zones, correct? Including the GMs, who are in Japan which is something like +9 GMT. And for the record, holding lumberjack events, which wont even be in the release (Not in that scale at least), is not their job. I don't think they would be willing to hold an event at 5 in the morning where they wont get paid and they are trying to sleep. You seem to be too serious about this seeing as how we are all going to get wiped anyways.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Feign wrote:
Jello wrote:

You do understand that we are all in different time zones, correct? Including the GMs, who are in Japan which is something like +9 GMT. And for the record, holding lumberjack events, which wont even be in the release (Not in that scale at least), is not their job. I don't think they would be willing to hold an event at 5 in the morning where they wont get paid and they are trying to sleep. You seem to be too serious about this seeing as how we are all going to get wiped anyways.
Oh I understand the timezones, the events are all at 11pm to midnight for me, I just work the night shift. I understand that the mods are in Japan... However, 7-9pm PST is 11am-Noon in Japan, for the record (Japan is exactly 12 hours off of EST).

I'm not angry or upset, I know I'm not missing out on anything in the long run. All I am is a little disappointed. If they keep this kind of schedule during the live release, that would upset me a bit.

I suppose it was presumptuous of me to think that running events is anyone's actual job in CyberStep. I keep forgetting how many other jobs the mods have...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 5:25 pm

Feign wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Feign wrote:
Jello wrote:

Oh I understand the timezones, the events are all at 11pm to midnight for me, I just work the night shift. I understand that the mods are in Japan... However, 7-9pm PST is 11am-Noon in Japan, for the record (Japan is exactly 12 hours off of EST).

I'm not angry or upset, I know I'm not missing out on anything in the long run. All I am is a little disappointed. If they keep this kind of schedule during the live release, that would upset me a bit.

I suppose it was presumptuous of me to think that running events is anyone's actual job in CyberStep. I keep forgetting how many other jobs the mods have...

I've heard they will be hiring more hands that are not from Japan later on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:02 pm

It's Better than being 21 hours faster, and end up getting ALL dates confused, and most of the time, they're at like 4am where I live
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:10 pm

Just remember, you can't please everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Just remember, you can't please everyone.

That's why I considered the Korean or jap server, but I can't be stuffed.... But I'm really used to this since living in the middle of nowhere this has got to happen... What the hell is with GMT +12:00.......luckily daylight saving ended yesterday....
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 pm

tbh most of this is too long to be reading in class~

if someone is worried about missing the lumberjack events, just wait for the weekend during the (whatever the number is. Last one was 8)x events. they pretty much launch them every weekend for OBT2 and all we have to do to earn them is beat the GMs. (plus i think itz close to impossible to miss two full days every weekend of playing~)

sorry if i didnt fully read all this stuff, but i just want'd to mention that~

hope this removed some frustration~
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 pm

Mayhem wrote:
I've heard they will be hiring more hands that are not from Japan later on.
That's some much needed good news.
Daylyt wrote:
if someone is worried about missing the lumberjack events, just wait for the weekend during the (whatever the number is. Last one was 8)x events. they pretty much launch them every weekend for OBT2 and all we have to do to earn them is beat the GMs. (plus i think itz close to impossible to miss two full days every weekend of playing~)
Yeah, I'll be sure to, it just seems like with each new robo update I'm getting passed by and one-upped by everyone until then. Neutral

But really, my issue isn't with the fact that I'm getting left behind the rest of the player base, just that it's something that could have been easily avoided by staggering the event days.
Back to top Go down
Kusanagi
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Feign wrote:
(Japan is exactly 12 hours off of EST).

Actually, Japan is 13 hours ahead. I live in EST and I visited Hong Kong, which is exactly 12 hours off of EST; Japan is 1 time zone ahead of Hong Kong.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Kusanagi wrote:
Feign wrote:

Actually, Japan is 13 hours ahead. I live in EST and I visited Hong Kong, which is exactly 12 hours off of EST; Japan is 1 time zone ahead of Hong Kong.

Just saying.
D'oh, sorry, 12 hours off EST during Daylight Savings Time, keep forgetting that bit... Still, they're running the events around lunch time in Japan. drunken

Anyway, with my work schedule, pretty much the only way to get in on the free money of the Lumberjack events is to make friends with someone in-game who is there on Wednesday nights... As there's nearly no way to spend the half-million or so UC you get at those things in the one week before the next lumberjack run. A lot of my Lumberjack UC during OB1 went to people who missed it... (Well, there and failed Garapon rolls hoping for a Medi-Aide, but that's a different story.)

It occurs to me that my complaining here might have hurt me in this other goal, though I doubt I can really fix that now, except to say good luck, school-going chaps and West-coasters! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 pm

Feign wrote:
Kusanagi wrote:
Feign wrote:

Just saying.
D'oh, sorry, 12 hours off EST during Daylight Savings Time, keep forgetting that bit... Still, they're running the events around lunch time in Japan. drunken

Anyway, with my work schedule, pretty much the only way to get in on the free money of the Lumberjack events is to make friends with someone in-game who is there on Wednesday nights... As there's nearly no way to spend the half-million or so UC you get at those things in the one week before the next lumberjack run. A lot of my Lumberjack UC during OB1 went to people who missed it... (Well, there and failed Garapon rolls hoping for a Medi-Aide, but that's a different story.)

It occurs to me that my complaining here might have hurt me in this other goal, though I doubt I can really fix that now, except to say good luck, school-going chaps and West-coasters! Smile

Sadddd youre not going to say good luck to peoplr living in the middle of nowhere...???
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:24 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
Sadddd youre not going to say good luck to peoplr living in the middle of nowhere...???
You don't need luck, you've got skill. Razz

In hindsight, all this thread was pointless. Cyberstep managed to make the event suck in ways entirely new and additional to the scheduling.

A thousand per tree and a first stage of tunnels filled with trees so that everyone is in everyone else's line of fire. Bots dying of massive friendly fire everywhere and trolling Ivises that seemed to think they were playing Transformice or something.

Oh, not to mention spawning trees in the freaking stratosphere and putting random air funnels everywhere... What the hell, Cyberstep? What the hell.

Next time I don't even think I'll try to get off work early. Mad
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 am

well. I'm having trouble with participating the events too. You see, I'm at +7 GMT. that means, multiplier event (i mean kill GM=2x/5x/8x UC DROP EXP) which held at Friday 23:59:59 pm untill Sunday 23:59:59 pm at -7 GMT is held at Saturday 13.59.59 pm until Monday 13.59.59 pm. Let's say I sleep 7 hrs a day during weekends. Doing other activity 9 hrs a day during weekends, that'll make me have time to do free stuffs for (24-7-9)*2=16 hrs. And I wouldn't play games for 8 hrs straight, which means that I have less time to enjoy the events compared to those who reside in or near the server ._.
Also, I can't participate Lumberjack Event because it was held at 9.00am-11.00am, and that is the time when I'm at school studying some useless stuffs >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.   Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyberstep needs to learn how to schedule.
Page 1 of 1