Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cacpetus Vacation

Go down 
+2
Midona
Raven
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:51 pm

Alright, any tips for this beast of a mission? It's for the Packet quest: Solo it on hard.

I can get up to the boss every now and then, but by the time I do I'm on my last robot with like 50 HP. Dead in 2 seconds.

Any strategies, do's/dont's/etc are most appreciated. I just want to finish this stupid mission...
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Doing a Hard mission alone is not really smart. You don't earn better reward, you got less global capa points, and on the other side some crappy Shine Buster which die in some seconds.

Anyway, I would advise an AIR unit with Mini Bazooka.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:23 pm

I would have to be a lunatic to do this alone for no reason.

Like I said, I'm doing the Packet thing and you HAVE to do it alone. I know the Packet rewards probably aren't even that great, but I'm the type of person that has to finish something that was started, or else it will eat away at me Sad
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:38 pm

If you're really good with Frog Lander, you can try that, by taking off their head and arm, that brings them down to like, 100-110 cost. Then just keep the cutter equipped to kill the shielded cacti.

The only problem is that they have almost no hp, would die in 2 hits and probably can't beat the boss.

I got 2 spawns away from boss before failing
Back to top Go down
CowboyCapo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Solo Hard   Cacpetus Vacation EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 9:36 am

Best way to do Cacpetus Solo Hard, I've found, is to get two robots with a combined less than 1000 point cost on them. I used new-ish Crimroses with wide beam guns and their standard Rapiers for the first two, and my tricked-out, high-level Seraph Crimrose with a plasma gun and blaster for the end. I used the first two to bum-rush my way through most of the stages; Seraph Crimrose came into play on the boss.

The trick with the shielded Cacpetii, at least with Crimrose or rapier-armed anything, is to fly straight over their heads, and just before the targeting would drop, pop your rapier. In my experience, it had my little Crims popping a needle into the tops of their heads for the OHK.

As for the Mega Cacpetus, break out your shotguns, blasters, and harsh language. The same firearms you use for your Boss Quest runs do a fairly solid number on him; three very conservative passes around him were all I needed to end him.

I hope this is some help to you guys.
Back to top Go down
ZetBuster
ZetBuster

Male Posts : 39

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:03 am

CowboyCapo wrote:
Best way to do Cacpetus Solo Hard, I've found, is to get two robots with a combined less than 1000 point cost on them. I used new-ish Crimroses with wide beam guns and their standard Rapiers for the first two, and my tricked-out, high-level Seraph Crimrose with a plasma gun and blaster for the end. I used the first two to bum-rush my way through most of the stages; Seraph Crimrose came into play on the boss.

The trick with the shielded Cacpetii, at least with Crimrose or rapier-armed anything, is to fly straight over their heads, and just before the targeting would drop, pop your rapier. In my experience, it had my little Crims popping a needle into the tops of their heads for the OHK.

As for the Mega Cacpetus, break out your shotguns, blasters, and harsh language. The same firearms you use for your Boss Quest runs do a fairly solid number on him; three very conservative passes around him were all I needed to end him.

I hope this is some help to you guys.

Thank you, CowboyCapo.
It worked. xD
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 12:31 am

My commando for this mission was:

Victory-1 (with 2x enhance internal and 2 little grenades), a Cannon Baller (stock will do, but mine just had a few parts changed, nothing significant), and a Helingal with Air Loop.

Sniper Unit wonder bit equipped on Victory and Cannon Baller to help take out waves of cacpetus. The bit itself, given enough time and a high spot to sit on, can take out an entire wave if you defend it. Air loop can dodge most of the boss Cacpetus attacks.

Of course, if you aren't so fortunate to afford Accele Roll, try Helingal anyway. He has good enough FLY.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cacpetus Vacation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cacpetus Vacation   Cacpetus Vacation Empty

Back to top Go down

Cacpetus Vacation
Page 1 of 1