Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide

Go down 
+2
Z741
Heavier
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Heavier

Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide Empty
PostSubject: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 11:48 am

So you’ve stumbled upon some information and are beginning to fathom its implications. Someone mentioned Packet and someone else asked who that was. By listening in, you learn of her existence. So you buy her Mate card and similar to the ‘Three Guardians’, she also has quests. You perform the first quest and gain amazing rewards for the difficulty. Now you want to try the second one and it as well, was effortless. You’re finally on your last mission. Jeez, a vacation mission? How simple can it get? You give it a try. WTF! The little cannon fodders instantly d-d-d-dominate you! You can’t be serious!?!? Alright, alright calm down. Just take it easy and try again. ARGHHHH! Who designed this ridiculous quest requirement!?!?

Whether you choose to perform another Packet Quest on a daily basis is up to you but this guide should help you complete the first objective in ‘A Hotline for you’ on a daily basis with minimum effort. That means, 1 try, 1 win, 10 minutes, every time and every day. This guide will be an ongoing process as I familiarize myself with a good template to work with and with any luck, give you enough support in metagame and mechanics to allow you to breeze through this mission. It is by no means a definitive set of instructions as things will constantly change and new information will develop.

With all that understood, Good Luck!

The Setup

Spoiler:

The Rules of Engagement
Spoiler:

The Intro -

S Cacpetus / M Cacpetus

Spoiler:

Totem Cacpetus SH
Spoiler:

L Cacpetus

Spoiler:

Totem Cacpetus GM

Spoiler:

Guider/ Totem Cacpetus SH

Spoiler:

Leox/ Quartetpeus
Spoiler:

Multihand Cacpetus

Spoiler:

The Midgame -

Spoiler:

The Boss – King Cacpetus

Spoiler:

Weapons – Why Blasters? Why Wide Beam Guns?

Spoiler:

WonderBits?

Spoiler:

Notes *

Spoiler:

Feel free to post any questions and comments. If you have any remarks, please be as constructive as possible! Thanks for reading this guide and I hope it benefits you greatly! See you on the battlefield~

'If you wish to dominate, use knowledge. If you wish to only win, use skill.'

Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Win points for throwing in a nod to good ol' Sun Tzu.

I'll be sure to try this out after school today. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 6:05 pm

Just for the record, a melee weapon destroys Totem Cacpeti in one shot.

Crimrose E (I think, for example) Has that Spear based Arm thingy. Fly above, right click, profit. If you can't afford RT, the stock Crim's Rapier does the same thing.

So it would be advised to have at least one melee weapon (either internal or held) equipped to the 1st/2nd bots, depending on how long they tend to last. If your 1st AIR can make it to the end, then there's no reason for the 2nd one to have a melee weapon.

This is not in any way saying "Go melee," but I just wanted to point out that it makes your job against Totems much, much easier.
Back to top Go down
Heavier

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 pm

That's a very good point, Raven. In fact, I'm recollecting my thoughts at this moment and trying to understand why I came to my conclusions on a dual range instead of a range/melee combination. As of now, it feels as if its only my personal taste.

However, your decision is very valid. If anyone that reads this feels its easier to do a melee/range combination on the first mech, I urge you to feel free and do so, as it also works. Simply mold the guide in accordance to your weapon setup.

Thanks for the input!

P.S. - And @ Z741 Haha, thanks. Win points to you for recognizing Sun Tzu. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Don't underestimate ARTs. I cleared the whole thing with a Victory-1 with two little grenades and a 2x enhance internal cartridge.

Also, try Sniping Units. They're very good at taking out some of the cacpetus without ammo cost.

Edit:

"If you know your enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory, you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will never win."
Back to top Go down
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 12:09 pm

Bangs head*

Blasters. Why the hell didn't i take blasters!?!??!

But anyway, wish i read this guide before doing 6 hours soloing the damn mission.

Great guide. If i read this, i would have finished it earlier.
Back to top Go down
Heavier

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:10 pm

@ Hyoka - If you managed to do that, props to you, mate. If I recall, Victory 1 has a very low starting cost (and not to mention hit box with his core weapons). I can definitely see some benefits into using little grenades with the previously mentioned things in mind. Although I have not tried artillery units as much, Victory 1 has no underwhelming stats that would be fatal and I give you credit to using him. A lot of the lessons and information I have provided can also be molded if any future user wishes to try artillery. I believe the necessary main changes though would be concentrated in the flight time and high ground if used. I would expect to need more free flow land movement and the high ground will probably need to be substituted into the various layered levels (if one wished to be aggressive on time). Overall, thanks for the input (and Sun Tzu quote). I appreciate it!

@cheongzewei - If only I managed to write this guide a few hours earlier (to save you from physical trauma), huh? =P I'm glad you found it useful and I hope others will too!

Keep in mind, you can do a Packet mission on a daily basis if you wish to reap 'free' rewards! For general information, the first one revolves around 20 PvPs (and parts). The second one revolves around Giganbuster Hard, 10 PvPs (and parts). The final mission involves Cacpetus adventure, a trip to Arcantus, and 15 PvPs.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:02 pm

The thing about little grenades is that even though it's hard to aim you can lob it over the high walls when you spawn and also throw it off a cliff to hit the cacpetus (even though his internal Blast Bazooka does the job at least three times more effectively). It also bypasses the shields on that shielded cacpetus stack, so it just takes a bit of thinking/knowledge to pass it.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:27 pm

I've seen someone using a Snailbot rape over the boss from the starting area.

Pretty much it was all "stay here guys I got this" and next thing I know, "MISSION CLEAR"

My jaw dropped.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide   Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive Solo Cacpetus Adventure Guide
Page 1 of 1