Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:47 pm

I know this doesn't apply to those who don't have Packet mates, but it sure is hard as hell. I don't see any particular guide for this on the Guides section, so if any guide that will help in beating Cacpetus mission in solo hard mode would greatly help.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't really have a guide, but perhaps a suggestion. As long as you're using a quick bot with a long range weapon (keeping your distance from the actual boss) and perhaps dual rifle bits (to help with the mobs) I was able to clear it. It's a tough mission that just takes a little luck. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:56 pm

I tried using art types, but I run out of ammo easily. Equipping twin muskets on any type doesn't work particularly good since the small cacpetus run around like crazy. Shotguns also run out of ammo quick. I tried using a destructor with an eight vulcan, a howitzer, and a twin missile launcher, and it still gets me killed most of the time.

I ragequitted out of it this morning. Hopefully I can beat it after I cool my head off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Those little ones are quite impossible to hit, I actually used mini zook + handy mag on my first bot to clear the mobs, and knowing in advance that I would die, I picked a better equipped long range bot to deal with the boss. Staying in the area where you spawn and just taking potshots at the boss works pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Also, 1k BP limit sucks. Was forced to actually use non-levelled small-sized bots to do the job, only to fail.
Back to top Go down
toughambition
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Run cheap flying bots. Use the terrain to your advantage to keep flying and avoiding hits. Slap on a wide beam gun and a shotgun/blaster for taking out the non cacti/shielded cacti/boss out faster.
If you feel like you would need all three bots, make sure the first two bots are under 1k bp and your last bot can cost any amount.

What I use: Sword Wing (450bp), Macknight (450bp), Seraph (1kbp)
Back to top Go down
Ropalx

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Use 2 bots that summed up go bellow the cost of 1000, even if its by 10 cost, and the third bot use a stupidly expensive bot, even if its like 2.8k, as long as its good enough fighting this boss it should help.

2 small fliers with dual wide beam guns should be good enough at killing the little guys, and the ammo should last long enough to reach the boss and at least hit him a couple times, the only thing i REALLY, and i mean REALLY recommend you, NEVER TOUCH THE BOTTOM FLOOR, EVER, the little runners hit retarded amounts of damage and run fast like hell, however, when they try to reach you on the upper floors, once they hit the ground they stand still for a couple seconds, THAT'S the point you should shoot at them. Otherwise fly over them and keep trying to hit them.

As for the shielded towers, for the first one that appears with the tunnel on it, try that 1 or 2 of you shine busters survive till that encounter, that way you can attack him from the back and kill him fast, for the other once though once you hit the oasis area, simply fly around them and keep shooting, the guys turning speed is very slow and with enough fly you should easily be able to kill them.

Don't use neither short range weaponry, or mid-low range guns, the fire breathing flier hits 50-60 every half second and if you are way to close to a wall you are gonna get killed. Also, when fighting the boss, avoid getting past the middle of the area his residing at, at this point the guy will simply run to you and away from you at a long enough distance for his flying swords to repeatedly attack you, they hit hard, are flat out unavoidable, and trying to kill them will make you fail do to the lack of time.

POST: If you cant achieve it though, don't feel bad, in comparison to the first 2 chapters, this chapter rewards are BS. You get some tuning items, no extra abilities for packet, and... nothing else...
Back to top Go down
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 am

after 3 hours of trying, with dif combinations.

I did it. with 3 crimrose (lv 1, lv 1, lv 5)

zomg...... that was uber hard.

Wide beam missle, wide beam missle.

took me damn lot of tries to kill the armored turrets.. Bazooka, although it works, is a bad idea.

Glider almost killed me at the end, had 140 life.

Btw, best gun to use is of course, shotgun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?   Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Got A Solo Clear Cacpetus Vacation Guide?
Page 1 of 1