Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

to clear things up when OB ends

Go down 
+6
Foxie
milk
NovaZero
hickwarrior
Cassidy
Weis
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Weis
Weis

to clear things up when OB ends Empty
PostSubject: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:37 am

So it's to my knowledge( correct me if i'm wrong )
that when OB ends the entire server will be wiped and we're starting back at square one yes?

so if that were to happen. exactly what units will we be starting with?
i'm assuming it's the really low class ones like S and or SS type. and we slowly move our way up to pending which ever class type we're comfortable with.
I heard that the girls will only be available via cash shops. is this true? because i'mma cry if i lose lily or laz flamme >< lol.

granted i'm all for the whole idea of it.
i just find personally find it disheartening that they'ld be gone.
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:44 am

The 3 starter bots will be the same~

Crimrose will be for Uc though~
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:51 am

when you say 3 starter bots.
i'm assuming it's the 3 s bots in trailer?

or 3 bots as in lily jikun and .... who's the 3rd?
Back to top Go down
Cassidy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Cassidy

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 am

Crimrose! The air/best one! XD
Back to top Go down
Weis
Weis

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:12 am

at first i thought she was good. but after a while i notice i get hunted down alot. by homing missles.
atm she's on the shelf and i haven't figured out what i can do. i've tried just being a nuisance and pelting ppl. but i find myself a big target when i get into combat with her.
Back to top Go down
hickwarrior
hickwarrior

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:18 am

Hmm, I'ma make the topic stray some more.

Anyway, it seems that most battlefields make long ranged weapons almost a must. It kind of bugs me... But then again, it's a way to play.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:21 am

I can see Jikun Hu and Lily Rain staying as starters, as from what I've heard, starter Jikun Hu and starter Lily Rain are less customizable.

Crimrose will stay a starter.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 am

NovaZero wrote:
I can see Jikun Hu and Lily Rain staying as starters, as from what I've heard, starter Jikun Hu and starter Lily Rain are less customizable.

Crimrose will stay a starter.

less customizable, eh?
that's ok, i don't care!
as long as i can still use my rage machine gun.

I don't care if my jikun looks like dirt poop.

dirt poop.
ugh. eww. yuck.

you get the idea though.
not the poop idea.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:03 am

I have a rage machine gun, Is it good? >>
Never got a chance to use mine....
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:05 am

its like.
coffee drinkers will get this.

it's like drinking two cups of coffee.
in one.
something like that.

gets you so hyped up.
never lets you down.

never. you can quote me on that.
you can do the trust test.
fall back, and your gun will grab you.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:06 am

<<
I guess Ill try it then...Only because you use it.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:16 am

i think i'm the only one that uses it...;o;

i haven't seen anyone else use it.
i'm serious.
very.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:21 am

Psh I use it. ^o^
....Maybe I should dual wield it...
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:23 am

Foxie wrote:
Psh I use it. ^o^
....Maybe I should dual wield it...

you're being insane, man.
that thing has so much cost.
you'll be looking classy like a fedora, but at the same time...you'll be having to need a lot of COST.

something i dont have.
im so cheap.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:24 am

Cost is not an issue.
I have like 5 weapons on my bot as is.
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 am

Weis wrote:
at first i thought she was good. but after a while i notice i get hunted down alot. by homing missles.
atm she's on the shelf and i haven't figured out what i can do. i've tried just being a nuisance and pelting ppl. but i find myself a big target when i get into combat with her.
that is cause ( took me an while to figure out as an crim user )

she nor any S size air mech isn for frontlines, they more suport shooters, but if you wish to still kill somebody or do damage eficiently, try to gain enough altitude to actually shot down people from the air, there an certain altitude where not even misiles reach (well maybe howitzers, but people rarely uses these with all the toyboxes around ) an shield would help but i heard is taken down on 4 to 6 misiles, air are shothing down easy cause homing rockets are haxor, if you see these, run or stay in land, ( these rockets fail hard on land but they can still you )
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 am

Really?
All my artillery bots use howitzers...then move to high ground.
Ive yet to see a crim be out of range for it.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:32 pm

It's possible to out run missiles and fast projectiles completely if you're a crim... that is... if 1) you're being shot at from the front... because... 2) run, not strafle..... which only works if... 3) you have a high Fly stat..... and 4) if you're high enough and pushing the missile/projectile's max range.

And I disagree with Sa-chan's assessment. It's possible to actively attack, just not in large scale battles (aka 30 v 30), and that melee with S size mechs is more viable than ranged combat since S size can close in quickly, though much more risky (take a shield) like how a good Jikun Hu player can effectively engage and tie up mutliple enemies or wreck havoc if left unchecked. Lilys on the other hand fare better when mixed with other arts (lilys or not) and/or Crims (for a mobile squad, though melee plays havoc since lilys/crim players usually aren't that great at melee). While for Crims... the amount of art spammage is pretty much bullet hell for them, which means playing tactically is far more important, and their lower cost (on average) compared to other mechs makes them very expandable for tactical maneuvers, not to mention their fast flying speed and diverse armaments of ranged and melee.

Main problem with the above is that players don't know how to support/protect their support members and will leave them to fend for themselves... which people rarely take advantage of. This is ridiculous to the point where 1-2 mechs can stall the entire enemy support team for at least 10 seconds... which is enough for a follow up team to smack them (the lack thereof of coordination means this fails more often than not). A good Jikun Hu player... with shields can literally do this single handedly which can easily turn the tide if taken advantage of by his/her teammates.

Crims are pretty much screwed since its not built for frontal combat without assistance. The art spammage makes it worse, though M and L size air have it less badly (since they have more hp and/or tough).

---

Arts are really overrated to the point of spammage... or rather missile/explosive weapons are. They're so common I can't even count the number of serious meleers or beam/laser/etc....

And its capacity not cost. Capacity is the limit. Cost is the amount of capacity it requires/takes.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Really? I just see a sreen full of air and land types...with occasional art.
Back to top Go down
VoidDragoon

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:17 pm

xD.. maybe im the only one who had troubles with rage machinegun.. i tossed it in a crimrose, and dual wielded it with a beam machinegun. and got my arse torn to ribbons D:
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:27 pm

Don't confuse land and art >_>. There are more art than LAND or AIR and more land than Air... and more everything than support.... The thing to note is that bazookas are overly spammed... and are technically more beneficial when used by arts.... which no one cares about specialty... except when it comes to air....

@ Void

Oh that's because the machinegun lineup... and alot of non-beam weapons cut into your Fly stat.... also, dual wielding and firing them at the same time means you can't move. And a stationary crim is a dead crim.... Oh wait, a a dead unit explodes.

---

I sometimes make head-on charges when it draws fire away from the frontlines... for at least several seconds, which does make sense since a crim is low cost and in a heavy fire-fight, you have a good number of teammates nearby that can capitalize on it. This rarely happens, and half the time I'm dead 1st before they realize and act on it. When it works it throws the opposition's frontline into chaos... A fire piller works wonders Very Happy Fly in, drop it off, watch their frontline dissolve.

*Edit* Getting a low score can be deceptive, especially if you lost points trying to shaft the battle in your team's favor. Then again... it's usually a loss if its like that.
Back to top Go down
VoidDragoon

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:30 pm

A statinoary crim is more alive, that a crim in the air with multiple toybox HEAT's equipped with quad 2-way missle launchers, dont'cha think? XD
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Not really. In that case a melee crim w/ stealth is much more viable. Ever learn to use your enemies as your shields? Friendly fire does VERY little damage... and toyboxes are large... and missiles are stupid Smile

A stationary crim will get both blasted by toyboxes AND murdered by melee.... or picked off by air... If you're going to be stationary, why not use a toybox or a lily? Fridge logic much.... Even a flying stealthed + lock-on-detect-free crim will last longer....

*Edit* This is just stating what I've seen... Since I've literally swooped in and murdered a stationary crim... or two. And During heavy fire, use whatever cover you can get, yes, even your enemies.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:01 pm

Im not, Its very easy to tell the difference by hitting Tab.
Right now my bot is like...the combination of two different arti models.
Then my second is a combination between a flier and some land parts.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Then maybe it's the different sets of enemies we have? O_o Ah whatever... missiles/bazookas are still much too common IMO... spam-a-thon Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: to clear things up when OB ends   to clear things up when OB ends Empty

Back to top Go down

to clear things up when OB ends
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next