Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About the Data Clear

Go down 
+4
sal
Ripven
Admin
Tempura
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tempura
[GameMaster]
[GameMaster]
Tempura

About the Data Clear Empty
PostSubject: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 am

(reposted from Official Community)

Hi, this is Tempura, one of the CosmicBreak GMs.

We're currently doing our best to get everything sorted out for the Open Beta Test.
I'd like to address a few of the issues that users have been discussing on this Community and on other forums.

First of all, yes, we will be clearing data when Official Service starts, and yes, that will include robots, parts, and items. This is to protect game balance; it would be unfair to let beta testers trample new users with beefed up robots that they built during the OBT... ^^

The flip side of this is that beta testers will have the opportunity to test out all of the different robots, parts, and items in the game for free. This will give you all a chance to learn the game system, experiment with various robots, and develop strategies that will be implementable after Official Service starts, giving you all a big head start knowledge-wise over the competition.

Also, as stated in the news post, we're planning to give beta testers some kind of reward that they will be able to use after Official Service starts. The details of this reward are still in the planning phase, so I cannot divulge any additional information at this time, but I will keep you all updated as things come together. We want to make it worth your while to play during the OBT period, but as many users have already pointed out, we don't want to do anything that would encourage unneeded elitism, or make the game unfair for users who join after the OBT.

Remember, we want you all to have a good time testing out the many various features of CosmicBreak. We're planning a bunch of crazy events that should be a lot of fun. So please, just take it easy for now, and get ready for free Open Beta service from June 10th.

-Tempura

*The Community topic where I posted this is: http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_c_topic_detail&target_c_commu_topic_id=44
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:22 am

I hope people who didn't see it on the SNS will see it here, and thanks again for reposting it here. tongue
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
Ripven
Newcomer
Newcomer
Ripven

Female Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 am

To clarify, I've read/heard that this also means any golden mecha OBT players received from promotions, etc.

I can understand you wanting the game to feel balanced and all, but if you plan on wiping any promotional mecha, why bother giving them away only to be wiped a month later? Seems pointless and, well, heartbreaking to players. And the game will be "unbalanced" within a couple weeks when new people play and you already have players who have been playing for those couple weeks that have upgraded parts and have bought new mechs.

I can still see your point of view, though, since you probably don't want people with gold mechs going, "im uber l337 i got gold mech n00b."
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

Male Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:00 am

Ripven wrote:
To clarify, I've read/heard that this also means any golden mecha OBT players received from promotions, etc.

I can understand you wanting the game to feel balanced and all, but if you plan on wiping any promotional mecha, why bother giving them away only to be wiped a month later? Seems pointless and, well, heartbreaking to players. And the game will be "unbalanced" within a couple weeks when new people play and you already have players who have been playing for those couple weeks that have upgraded parts and have bought new mechs.

I can still see your point of view, though, since you probably don't want people with gold mechs going, "im uber l337 i got gold mech n00b."

Wondering about the goldies to imma be sad when i have to say bye to them.
Back to top Go down
Zekeinferno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Mimmi: Hmm so wait, is it clear that they will erase the promo's or no? Or this is really just a rumor. Or etc etc etc? o.o -confused now-
Back to top Go down
Kurogane
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kurogane

Male Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 pm

Hmm so we're going to lose the gold robos as well, however are they still obtainable ingame? If so then I don't mind losing them. If not I'll probably shed a tear then move on.
Back to top Go down
Zekeinferno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:07 pm

I'll collect your tears o>o
Back to top Go down
Ripven
Newcomer
Newcomer
Ripven

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Zekeinferno wrote:
Mimmi: Hmm so wait, is it clear that they will erase the promo's or no? Or this is really just a rumor. Or etc etc etc? o.o -confused now-
From what I understand, Temura said everything, including the mechs. Logically thinking, that would include any promo mech the person has.

Kurogane wrote:
Hmm so we're going to lose the gold robos as well, however are they still obtainable ingame? If so then I don't mind losing them. If not I'll probably shed a tear then move on.
Cash shop items if I remember correctly.
Back to top Go down
Zekeinferno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 8:29 pm

Mimmi: But then again, we are getting a little gift from being at Open Beta.
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 pm

if there cash i may end up buying them i thought they were just event that is why i didn't understand why they would take them away... still don't like the thought but ey we get something at least.
Back to top Go down
Zekeinferno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 pm

I want something w/ a moe anime face plz ^^ MOEEE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ripven
Newcomer
Newcomer
Ripven

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:20 am

Zekeinferno wrote:
I want something w/ a moe anime face plz ^^ MOEEE!!!!
This.

OBT wipe would be so worth it we got a moe mech as a gift afterward.
Back to top Go down
Lunia
Lunia

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:48 am

Mecha with atomic-bomb launcher? pale No
Back to top Go down
Sayuri Chan
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sayuri Chan

Male Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:55 am

Something MOE would be win afro

never forget

M Made
O Of
E Enjoy

Razz
Back to top Go down
Zekeinferno
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Atomic bomb, lol, blow off the whole map
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:34 pm

why dont u use chat box zeke and btw u play the hk version right? i left my dowloading after it booted me for illegal server access and i uses flashget it at 95% i may be able to play... in like 3 hrs >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Data Clear   About the Data Clear Empty

Back to top Go down

About the Data Clear
Page 1 of 1