Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cyberstep, love them or hate them...

Go down 
+7
technomo12
Idontlive
shinigami
NovaZero
IronDicks
azz33
BB
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

Cyberstep, love them or hate them... Empty
PostSubject: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:16 am

I think they're doing a good job. The RT prices are high, but not on EVERYTHING and many of the reasons people said CS was indifferent to their struggles, why players were skeptical of them, or things that were expected not to be implemented are already, or slowly, on their way.

I mean, no gaming company is perfect or works at maximum efficiency all the time, but I notice Cyberstep giving it the ol' college try.

I haven't been able to play all too much because of work and school, so I'm on (casually) now, but every new content update has been pretty fun and for me, it's even hard to get bored of the pvp.

Sure, PVP is one of the only aspects of the game, which is to be expected, but when there's so many options, the variety of combat makes it fun.

(still waiting for fishing whip to come back)
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 am

They seem to try to make a better game, but their choices are bad.

Create lv 5 rooms.
Remove the track map.

Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 9:49 am

Effort! Soon there will be progress too ;D
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:56 am

as they say, "when you've reached rock bottom, theres no where to go but up"
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:57 am

IronDicks wrote:

in my opinion you should shut up
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:58 am

IronDicks wrote:
IronDicks wrote:

in my opinion you should shut up

as they say where i come from "TITS OR GTFO"
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:59 am

...?
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:01 am

NovaZero wrote:
...?
i need to find ways to entertain myself while i wait for things
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:27 am

CS has all my love, at least for now.

As long as this game is playable without payment, Im satisfied.

In fact, this is the 1st game that makes we want to find a way to pay for it Razz
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:29 am

IronDicks wrote:
NovaZero wrote:
...?
And speaking with your other self is a good way to do it ?
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 am

Idontlive wrote:
IronDicks wrote:
NovaZero wrote:
...?
And speaking with your other self is a good way to do it ?
who else is gonna talk to someone who talks to them self
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am

Idontlive wrote:
Idontlive wrote:
IronDicks wrote:

who else is gonna talk to someone who talks to them self
wait what ?
dont ask me I dunno
lies..
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 am

Idontlive wrote:
Idontlive wrote:
Idontlive wrote:

wait what ?
dont ask me I dunno
lies..
your doing it wrong
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:49 am

i kinda understand what nova means

its free game where you wanna pay but you cant
well all things considered you wanna pay for better gameplay but it self even without paying you get a good game
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 11:57 am

Idontlive wrote:
Idontlive wrote:
IronDicks wrote:

your doing it wrong
Me ?
Yeah you..
lies..
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:31 am

No one HAS to pay for cosmic break.

The complaints from players about RT prices and RT making the game broken is far more annoying than any possible negative feature of the game itself.

UC bots, if utilized properly, can be more than enough for any experienced player.

RT just adds random bonuses and some more customization.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 am

BB wrote:

UC bots, if utilized properly, can be more than enough for any experienced player.

RT just adds random bonuses and some more customization.

Say it to my face with an Ivis, Frau Adone and Lily Rain EVE coming at you.

Say it. I'm serious. There's absolutely no winning against Rt users anymore. I've tried, calculated and farmed for all those builds I sport in an arena but it's the same story all over again: Getting buttraped every three seconds after you spawn. It's just not plausible anymore without some sort of cheating mode.

I want Cyberstep to look at something other than PvP, yah? But no, they can't think batshit other than PvP.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:56 am

I will agree that Rt breaks the game in terms of weapons, but people like Ivis, Adone and Lily Rain EVE? Please...

vs Ivis - the free Winberrl you get(Being bound not only stops her even on Crimson Veil, but kills her attack speed to nonexistence), anything that can hop(and there are UC bots that can hop. You should try meleeing a hopper; there's a reason why I think dealing with Ivis is easier than dealing with a hopper), anything that can fly(she can't hit what she can't reach; if the AIR does get caught by Ivis, then either the AIR was foolish enough to fly low or that Ivis was good).

vs Frau Adone - Destructor or anything that can knock AIRs out of the sky. The player being alert would help. Though her Chaselight Kick is powerful(enough to call her Flyvis), she suffers the same problems as any melee AIR: once she's caught, she's dead.

vs Lily Rain EVE - Pressure her so that she can't keep a lock on you. Or attack in groups.

Teamwork works too. So what if you die? That Ivis/Adone/EVE could have brought down more of your friendlies if she stayed alive. At times, sacrifice is necessary. It's a team game, so you really should be cooperating to win. Besides, you're bringing a group of 3 robots. You're bound to die sooner or later and sub to another of your robos. And your guns will run out of ammo sooner or later. So why not make the best of it while you're still alive?

Besides, there are worse weapon configurations than a perpetually enraged gothloli or a Megaman-ko. AIR robots with Moving Burst filled to the brim with Pulse Missiles and Power Shooters? An all-weapons spamming Gwyain? A Tarantulic with Winberrl AMs and dual bazookas? Hell, what about a hopping Destructor? Or what about a Cartridge Step(or whatever that huge energy charge is called) spammer with the Giant Body attachment? Those don't have weaknesses. Those are what you should truly be afraid of, not Ivis, not Adone, not Lily Rain EVE...OK, maybe Lily Rain EVE, but that's because I have yet to see any noticeable weaknesses yet.

I'll hate the Rt not for the robos, but for the weapons.

Last edited by NovaZero on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:59 am

Hyoka wrote:
Say it to my face with an Ivis, Frau Adone and Lily Rain EVE coming at you.

Say it. I'm serious. There's absolutely no winning against Rt users anymore. I've tried, calculated and farmed for all those builds I sport in an arena but it's the same story all over again: Getting buttraped every three seconds after you spawn. It's just not plausible anymore without some sort of cheating mode.

I want Cyberstep to look at something other than PvP, yah? But no, they can't think batshit other than PvP.
Finally, someone who's seeing things with open eyes. I got the same bullshit BB was talking about thrown at me yesterday when I talked about how overpowered RT weapons are, and how this game going P2P would get rid of Cyberstep's pay-to-win mentality. You know something's wrong when a robot is capable of shooting a tidal wave of beams at you that is big enough to shield the user from your view. All CS needs to do is stop giving RT buyers overpowered shit.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:10 pm

NovaZero wrote:
vs Ivis - the free Winberrl you get, anything that can hop(and there are UC bots that can hop), anything that can fly. Teamwork works too. So what if you die? That Ivis could have brought down more of your BP if she stayed alive. At times, sacrifice is important. It's a team game, so you really should be cooperating to win. Hell, you're bringing a group of 3 robots. You're bound to die sooner or later and sub to another of your robos. And ARTs will run out of ammo sooner or later. Why not make the best of what you have?

vs Frau Adone - Destructor or anything that can knock AIRs out of the sky. The player being alert would help. Though her Chaselight Kick is powerful, she suffers the same problems as any melee AIR: once she's caught, she's dead.

vs Lily Rain EVE - Pressure her so that she can't keep a lock on you. Or attack in groups.

Vs Ivis- Who co-operates anymore? that's why they're on top. Nobody does, and they can just be solo heroes and get topscore without any help.

Vs Frau Adone- Who gives a damn when she can evade what you throw at her? You don't even need a tune to avoid three sturbangers under a powerspot anymore.

Vs Lily Rain EVE - This is the only thing that isn't msision impossible, but have you considered Charge Plus? Float Dash to avoid shots while keeping on you. It's easily done.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Vs Ivis- Who co-operates anymore? that's why they're on top. Nobody does, and they can just be solo heroes and get topscore without any help.
Fault on the players' side then. If they can't even understand the basic concept of teamwork(in a game that requires a good amount of it), they deserve to fail. Yes, I know there are people who can solo and be hailed as Gods of War for it. You can go solo for all I care, go ahead. I'm just saying that people should at least know how to work with a team and as a team when the time comes. People die faster when they're up against a team that's well coordinated...or at least understands when to focus fire on a guy who's stretched out too far.

And I have listed ways other than teamwork. AIR, for one.

Quote :
Vs Frau Adone- Who gives a damn when she can evade what you throw at her? You don't even need a tune to avoid three sturbangers under a powerspot anymore.
Forget the Sturbangers, they're food. Try Destructor's AA missiles. Or fire while she's busy kicking someone else. Or grab an AIR, slap a bazooka on it and take to the skies. Or just plain overwhelm her. You don't need a lot of coordination just to do that.

Quote :
Vs Lily Rain EVE - This is the only thing that isn't msision impossible, but have you considered Charge Plus? Float Dash to avoid shots while keeping on you. It's easily done.
Indeed. I will admit, I've yet to fight her enough to actually note her weaknesses(yes, I still believe she has weaknesses), but I'm still not entirely convinced that she's unbeatable.

Last edited by NovaZero on Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:33 pm

when shit gets serious

its time to go full retard

sniper jikuns anyone?
my core breaker jikun can kill hoppers all day and is not weak to melee.
why yes I love retarded builds
because the main weakness of a pro is to face a retard that they cannot predict
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:35 pm

As for Lily Rain EVE, apparently large-range melees get to her quite a bit. (sometimes) Vanguards and (mostly) Domiclown AMs are a starter.

If you ever remembered the never-used Rush Dagger from the OBT garapons, they screw over EVE quite bad since it's even faster than Charge Plus on. Just, in terms of damage, it's not quite there.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Quote :
I've tried, calculated and farmed for all those builds I sport in an arena but it's the same story all over again: Getting buttraped every three seconds after you spawn. It's just not plausible anymore without some sort of cheating mode.
This intrigues me. What kind of builds do you use?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:55 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Quote :
I've tried, calculated and farmed for all those builds I sport in an arena but it's the same story all over again: Getting buttraped every three seconds after you spawn. It's just not plausible anymore without some sort of cheating mode.
This intrigues me. What kind of builds do you use?

About everything that doesn't need Rt. You name it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyberstep, love them or hate them...   Cyberstep, love them or hate them... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyberstep, love them or hate them...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next