Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?

Go down 
+14
Neko
farith
WhiteValkery
knyx
Suguri
reiya
Hyoka
Fate
Shaftronics
necrio
Nisa
Idontlive
Wolf Hikari
ico251
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? Empty
PostSubject: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:33 am

Hi
Lets talk about Union Wars.
I play for UC and when I fight a SHUFFLE battle the system places me into the weaker team - 90% of the matches our team loose and the enemy team have mostly overpowered and overtuned Rt bots, not like our team and the enemies' main health/cost bar (on the top) decreased only to the half.
SHUFFLE should distribute the teams randomly, I play with Lazchan and Frog Lander but even when I would totally suck the results wouldn't be so extreme and why does the other team consist mostly of Rt bots when we have only a few ?
With VS battles I don't have a better experience either, our team looses too often.
If you play for UC it's like your team automatically loose.

I wasted so much UC money on all kinds of robots and weapons to find out most of them are crap and that a Frog Lander equipped with a Drum Gun and a Shield and Lazchan with a Military gun are the deathliest things. With a Frog Lander I can kill all kinds of robots much better than with an Izuna with a TwinBlaster and a Bazooka or a Destructor CN with two Grenade launchers.

You who play for UC, do you have the same bad experiences ?
When you play for Rt, do you have a good experience with SHUFFLE and VS battles ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:41 am

I play both UC and Rt robots. And I still get thrown into bad team sometimes. The shuffle is based on the players' latest match ranks, like 1st place in alpha, 2nd in bravo, 3rd back in alpha, etc. CS might decided that would be the most fair to do, as I wouldn't say completely randomize the shuffle would make it fair, either.
Probably make the shuffle more frequently, like 1 match then shuffle.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:47 am

If you're asking me. NO. It doesn't matter if the enemy is using too much RT bot. I don't care about the enemy is using RT bot, believe me. I ever charge my Lily Rain to Lily Rain EVE before in CBJP with both full hp and defeat Lily Rain EVE. I won. Why? I am more focusing on my COURAGE to defeat her with my playstyle i've often. You should remember that having the RT bots doesn't make you super. It is actually how the way you're using your bots. And one more, if you asking me how can I win the arena. I will say, I am more helping my teammates than being in the front door even tough I am using LND or AIR type.

So you should know and improve your way of battle. Not hoping only for the RT bots to help you. I will NEVER work. Trust me.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:51 am

Cori wrote:
like 1 match
you mean Auto Matching F12 ?
What does Auto Matching actually do ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:56 am

ico251 wrote:
you mean Auto Matching F12 ?
What does Auto Matching actually do ?
No, shuffle after every match in that room.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:59 am

Wolf Hikari wrote:
If you're asking me. NO. It doesn't matter if the enemy is using too much RT bot. I don't care about the enemy is using RT bot, believe me.
the problem is the enemy has very often an army of overpowered/ovetuned Large Rt ARTs that just wipe out our team
they just overrun our team with fire power and homing missiles, even technique won't help
they just stay on a place and bombard and win and there is nothing you can do
I never noticed that our team would have such overpowered robots
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:34 am

ico251 wrote:
Wolf Hikari wrote:
If you're asking me. NO. It doesn't matter if the enemy is using too much RT bot. I don't care about the enemy is using RT bot, believe me.
the problem is the enemy has very often an army of overpowered/ovetuned Large Rt ARTs that just wipe out our team
they just overrun our team with fire power and homing missiles, even technique won't help

Have you tried to put together a "balanced" squad ? like a mix of lnd/art/air or sup/lnd/art and the like ?
Cause most of the time the spam the same type to win strategy fails if the other team has 1-2 good players who can adapt to these situations...
Also, you can see the enemy team before the match starts so you can go ahead and swap bots in between matches to match your opponents setup before you go into the MMM vs all air type of battles...
And.. regarding arts.. they got a BIG, SLOW, FAT *** that is there for people who realize that going at them straight up front isnt the only option..
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:48 am

Idontlive wrote:
Have you tried to put together a "balanced" squad ? like a mix of lnd/art/air or sup/lnd/art and the like ?
I did before, it was useless, like I said Frog Lander is more deathly than all the UC bots I tried. With Frog Lander I can finish bots with 2 times more COST and HP. With the other UC bots I could with problems finish bots with lower COST/HP.
And it still doesn't explain why is the other team mostly so overpowered and why those guys in our team don't have such robots.
Yes I can see the team before it starts but that's not much help. There are not so many battles I can choose from and then checking all members.
And it only shows me a small picture of the robots the player uses, where I can't even properly recognize what robots they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:56 am

Since you seem so hell bent on saying Rt robots are overpowered, it seems anything I say won't affect you. But I'll say it anyway.

I've seen stupid Sturbanger spamming missiles right in front of my Destructor CN.
I've seen Oukas badly played.
I've got 1st place many, many times with full UC robot commando while my team lost.

So the point is, it all depends on how it is played. Bad players stay bad player whatever robot they play. Even a 40 TEC Rt Arts will be screwed if the player slips up and screws himself.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:43 am

Cori is right you know.
i could pwn ouka's and stuff with my (not so cheap) UC ONLY robots.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 am

can someone identify the robot on the left ?

When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? Incth10

it's from a guy named "InnocentThoughts", he's always number 1, has the highest damage and support points, always
- that's a bit strange, because you won't make it with two Hellingals and some ART on no. 1 and that always in each match
I played maybe 10 matches where he was too and I saw him only once , c'mon if he has such high damage points you would see him quite often and a Helingal is something you remember, you don't see those often
I extra bought a Helingal (it's a UC bot) and no matter how good you are or how you tune it you won't be #1 with it, never
only what remains is that ART - but still that thing doesn't look to be something great
and why would a player who's so good use something like two Hellingals, there are much better bots
when I met him once in the game it looked like his Hellingal has bullet machine guns but that Hellingal in the WIZ Shop has beam guns -but you can't change the parts of a Hellingal or tune a beam gun to a machine gun
or does the DOS Hellingal has machine guns ?
or do you get a super overpowered Hellingal in the game for playing Missions, Quests etc ?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:05 am

ico251 wrote:
can someone identify the robot on the left ?

When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? Incth10

it's from a guy named "InnocentThoughts", he's always number 1, has the highest damage and support points, always
- that's a bit strange, because you won't make it with two Hellingals and some ART on no. 1 and that always in each match
I played maybe 10 matches where he was too and I saw him only once , c'mon if he has such high damage points you would see him quite often and a Helingal is something you remember, you don't see those often
I extra bought a Helingal (it's a UC bot) and no matter how good you are or how you tune it you won't be #1 with it, never
only what remains is that ART - but still that thing doesn't look to be something great
and why would a player who's so good use something like two Hellingals, there are much better bots
when I met him once in the game it looked like his Hellingal has bullet machine guns but that Hellingal in the WIZ Shop has beam guns -but you can't change the parts of a Hellingal or tune a beam gun to a machine gun
or does the DOS Hellingal has machine guns ?
or do you get a super overpowered Hellingal in the game for playing Missions, Quests etc ?
I spot someone who's new to the game

helingal is good. Don't you dis the roflcopter. And no, the only helingal available is the shop version.

the random ART is most likely a mashup bot or a drop bot which I forgot its name

so basically, he's most likely a UC player

and he's from /m/en of destiny. You don't do shit to them unless you're in a top dog clan as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:19 am

I got #1 rank with over 6k point with Helingal in a match recently. Problem?
Helingal IS good. Mine got 30 FLY at level 5 and that's not fully tuned up. And you're wrong. Helingal's weapons are pulsemissile which have deadly accuracy since it's a beam type weapon which homes in on target. You playing it wrong doesn't mean it sucks.
Oh, and what you said about "machine gun" in Helingal. Ever heard about hyper shot item, power spot, burst fire bit?

Oh, and that ART is most likely Destructor BD, cacpetus HD, Snailbot LG, Large Bazooka for weapon. And that's UC bot.

...What now?
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:56 am

Cori wrote:
Helingal IS good. Mine got 30 FLY at level 5 and that's not fully tuned up.
was it a 30 players match ?
a new Helingal has FLY 21, with FLY 30, how much longer does it fly, 10% longer ?
well you can tune STR, TEC etc. but it has a effect of a few percents - that's not enough to be #1 and that always
Helingal's parts have only 1 slot, so you can tune the weapons to max +30% power and for that you would need to play, I don't know, 6 hours a day ?
Cori wrote:
Oh, and that ART is most likely Destructor BD, cacpetus HD, Snailbot LG, Large Bazooka for weapon.
thanks

I found out that selecting parts according spec or tuning parts for spec is pointless, you get improvement of 1% and your COST rise, so no win either, so I just select parts according size or build-in weapons etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 am

ico251 wrote:
a new Helingal has FLY 21, with FLY 30, how much longer does it fly, 10% longer ?
well you can tune STR, TEC etc. but it has a effect of a few percents - that's not enough to be #1 and that always
Helingal's parts have only 1 slot, so you can tune the weapons to max +30% power and for that you would need to play, I don't know, 6 hours a day ?
It was 15.
You don't need to tune Helingal, he's already good AS IS.
And I told you before in my post, good robots are a plus, but what really matters is the player.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 am

ico251 wrote:
Cori wrote:
Helingal IS good. Mine got 30 FLY at level 5 and that's not fully tuned up.
Cori wrote:
Oh, and that ART is most likely Destructor BD, cacpetus HD, Snailbot LG, Large Bazooka for weapon.
thanks

I found out that selecting parts according spec or tuning parts for spec is pointless, you get improvement of 1% and your COST rise, so no win either, so I just select parts according size or build-in weapons etc.

No fly doesnt let you fly longer,it lets you fly FASTER
notice those 40 fly seraphs zoom past you?
And mobility tunes DO WORK,just not very noticable if you tune 1 or 2 only
that aside,you are just digging a deeper hole for yourself
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:26 am

I might sound like an ass, but comparing yourself to players who have played for.at least a month to.your newbie self isn't a fair comparison. Sure, tuning does do good, but you know the real, most important part of a robot is? Its brain. Training, experience and finding/making a bot that truly suits you, will take time. I could beat a Shaden with a stardust cannon with a modified (not tuned, just part switching) Victory 1. Other than the core weapon that gives me the advantage?

Some skill, luck and teamwork go a long way.

Don't change bots too often. Learn their limitations and positives. To push them to their limits

It takes time. Its painful, but it really does. Patience, find a guild willing to take you in, etc.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 am

Shaftronics wrote:
I might sound like an ass, but comparing yourself to players who have played for.at least a month to.your newbie self isn't a fair comparison. Sure, tuning does do good, but you know the real, most important part of a robot is? Its brain. Training, experience and finding/making a bot that truly suits you, will take time. I could beat a Shaden with a stardust cannon with a modified (not tuned, just part switching) Victory 1. Other than the core weapon that gives me the advantage?

Some skill, luck and teamwork go a long way.

Don't change bots too often. Learn their limitations and positives. To push them to their limits

It takes time. Its painful, but it really does. Patience, find a guild willing to take you in, etc.

Well said,Took time to master the ways of the 'Crimrose'
and the Destructor CN...and the Jikun...and the Byne or the saggitary..oh gawd im so limited.. guess im good at everything Ahhahahahhaaha.... Laughing

I have a haztion(lame pun intended),what is YOUR main robot and what would you recommend for the newbie here :3

<---- Noobie study
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 3:07 pm

ico251 wrote:
Wolf Hikari wrote:

Then, just blame and charge your bot to them. I am sure they'll panic a bit. It might that you're not careful around and always gets hit by the enemy attacks. That sure won't solve your problem. My command is only 2 lily's plus with winbell or jikun hu. 1st lily is the 1st bot i use, 2nd is UC buy from the shop, winbell is a gift from BRD and jikun hu is bought UC from the shop. Do I have the RT bots now? No. Overpowered bots in command i've ever use? No. But I still can win. why don't you? learn how to use your bot. It is necessary...
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:41 pm

Frog lander, cannon baller and maybe hellingal are the best bots, if you get some Rt and use it in bots you will see that nothing can be better , maybe the chibis, chibis rulez the universe. WELL I KNOW IM BAD PLAYER, STILL GOT BEST WITH A FROG THAN A MISTY HOLLOW...

i just like small bots, but im not good at hopping, dunno why, so i die, you know, or RT player or HOP UC player, maybe RT HOP player but never normal UC player.

cat scratch
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:33 am

Nisa wrote:

Well said,Took time to master the ways of the 'Crimrose'
and the Destructor CN...and the Jikun...and the Byne or the saggitary..oh gawd im so limited.. guess im good at everything Ahhahahahhaaha.... Laughing

I have a haztion(lame pun intended),what is YOUR main robot and what would you recommend for the newbie here :3

<---- Noobie study

Me? I've got no Main bots. Not even a main Commando. I keep switching around. Almost into my third week into the game and I'm still finding my calling. Finding which type I shine in, what role, where to be in the battlefield. I've found hints of everything, but no answers yet. I still am not too good with 1 vs 1's though. I still fare better in teams. And by that, no, I don't mean in a 3 vs 1 thing.

I tried everything though. L ARTs, S ARTs, AIRs, LNDs of all shapes and sizes... And even fell back to SUP when I got tired of fighting and failing over and over.

All I'm saying, is that it takes time.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 am

Then, just blame and charge your bot to them. I am sure they'll panic a bit. It might that you're not careful around and always gets hit by the enemy attacks. That sure won't solve your problem. My command is only 2 lily's plus with winbell or jikun hu. 1st lily is the 1st bot i use, 2nd is UC buy from the shop, winbell is a gift from BRD and jikun hu is bought UC from the shop. Do I have the RT bots now? No. Overpowered bots in command i've ever use? No. But I still can win. why don't you? learn how to use your bot. It is necessary...[/quote]

Sir,You just named a full RT commando.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:58 am

Nisa wrote:

Sir,You just named a full RT commando.

You can pick Lily or Jikun Long, from the start. Otherwise, Crimrose isn't a pushover either. Lily's buyable UC-wise and as you level, they give you a Jikun Hu and a winberryl for free anyway.

They're all UC-buyable but with less slots and/or with locked parts.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:12 am

"It's a full RT commando" is a reference to the fact that those robots are Rt only in JP.

You don't think units with potential and power like that were actually UC to begin with, did you?

The only girl who counts as UC is a regular, non promoted Crimrose.
Back to top Go down
ico251
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 am

I found out that Frog Lander is the best bot - he can shoot down everything, no one is safe from him not even AIRs or ARTs on high hills.
And with my strategy by selecting rooms now our team wins most of the time.
The problem was I just wanted to use some cool bots (at least I thought they were cool) like Izuna, Destructor CN, Tesladona, Helingal, Jikun but that was just pointless.
Now with a Frog Lander with the simplest strategy run&shoot, shoot&run, jump&shoot I can fight all robots without much problem.
It became boring, I wanted some cool robots but none of them can compare to the efficiency and simplicity of Frog.
What's the point in using Izuna or Jikun where I need to really work hard to get some points when with Frog I don't need a strategy just run&shoot and we win. I can equip Frog with the most efficient weapons - bullet machine guns, where AIR weapons are crap, explosive ART/SUP weapons are crap against land units because of Blast Shield (-50% less damage) and LND meele weapons are crap because of the handling and the enemy can just fly up (and -30% damage by Sword Shield), I don't see a point in using other robot -and that's boring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?   When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ? Empty

Back to top Go down

When you play for UC, do you have this same bad experience ?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next