Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star

Go down 
+4
griffen
Suguri
knyx
Jello
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star Empty
PostSubject: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Some people have been asking me how to solo Haku 3-star lately and I decided to just make a video of it. Since, well, learning visually is a far easier way for someone to learn something.

I suppose this is a guide I guess, more or less a video of me just solo-ing Haku with pointers on the side.

Note: You don't have to use the bots I'm using. Rather any bot with a shotgun, 3-way, and a non-ranged melee works with Haku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rt5sBkDMlE&hd=1

Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Saving this for future reference.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 9:36 am

Will look it over and critique after school.
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm

nice video Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 5:33 pm

Just watched it, very nice guide. A few suggestions, most of them being more in the realm of "if you have x item/bot you can do this":

-Custom Shotgun > Shotgun, though you cleared with plenty of time left so it's not really a concern.
-Combi Dagger > 3-way, but again see above. And combis are a bitch to get anyway.
-Bots with powerful melee combos (Frau, Ouka, etc) can get away with not using a 3-way.
-Zero Saber/Zero Saber Girl can add a x1.5 multiplier to their melee with zero step. This doesn't work with 3-ways, but it does work with slash blades; my 24 str ZSG does 1200 to Haku final with an untuned slash blade and without a wonderbit active.
-Red Squealer AMs are restricted to M- and L-size lands. S-size lands and airs should use Ace Braver AM.
-L-size bots can't use 3-ways, and honestly I'm not sure what you should equip them with. I've used a dual rapier on my Thoarla with some success, but I haven't tried that solo.
-Support bots can use burst fire bits to rapid-fire their shotgun, which makes quick work of shell drain and fire forms. It reduces the attack interval on melee weapons too, but I haven't noticed that on a 3-way (glitch?).

-Shield form can actually be damaged with certain weapons that aren't direct melee attacks. Namely, any weapon that does blast damage will still deal damage to Haku as long as he's in the blast radius. I've been told that piercing shots like blasters do too, but I've yet to see it happen. Slash blades oddly cut straight through the shield uninhibited too.
-Also on shield form, most bots won't be hurt if they stand inside the shield. I think your Big Mountaiz LG actually did the opposite of its intended purpose here Razz
-On shadow clone form, Haku still wanders around the map invisibly at all times. Slash Blades (and probably squealer arms, I'd imagine) are useful for tracking and hitting him, since they have good range and won't get stopped by the first clone they hit like bullets and 3-ways will.
-On final, the third time he does the purple bullet/tornado spam is the one where he nukes. None of the others do that to my knowledge, before or after that.

And a question: What bit would you recommend for an air bot? They can use 3-way bits, but not dual 3-way. I'd imagine either Slayer Bit or Dual Pepen Bit?
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Hello, nice guide you made. I do not really do Haku runs but I have a friend struggling with him. I'll make sure to forward him to this thread. Thanks for making it.

- Narcomoeba
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:09 am

Still amazes me anyone can pull that off alone on 3 stars...; I've yet to manage it on ONE star, but that's mainly due to my horrid lack of melee skills...or anything of mine built for short-range combat, for that matter...nice vid, though! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:58 am

Suguri wrote:
Just watched it, very nice guide. A few suggestions, most of them being more in the realm of "if you have x item/bot you can do this":

-Custom Shotgun > Shotgun, though you cleared with plenty of time left so it's not really a concern.
-Combi Dagger > 3-way, but again see above. And combis are a bitch to get anyway.
-Bots with powerful melee combos (Frau, Ouka, etc) can get away with not using a 3-way.
-Zero Saber/Zero Saber Girl can add a x1.5 multiplier to their melee with zero step. This doesn't work with 3-ways, but it does work with slash blades; my 24 str ZSG does 1200 to Haku final with an untuned slash blade and without a wonderbit active.
-Red Squealer AMs are restricted to M- and L-size lands. S-size lands and airs should use Ace Braver AM.
-L-size bots can't use 3-ways, and honestly I'm not sure what you should equip them with. I've used a dual rapier on my Thoarla with some success, but I haven't tried that solo.
-Support bots can use burst fire bits to rapid-fire their shotgun, which makes quick work of shell drain and fire forms. It reduces the attack interval on melee weapons too, but I haven't noticed that on a 3-way (glitch?).

Forgot to add that I made the whole thing for people who are basically UC only and do not have access to RT.

I wouldn't bother using S-type bots as they die too fast and are not able to use squealer arms. Squealer are really are awesome against Haku, especially trap Haku. You can even ditch t he 3-ways and just use squealer arms if you wanted. It's just that 3-ways hit harder than squealer arms on final haku which is why I still equip them.

You can use burst bits on supports, and yes it does increase the speed of 3-ways, but there's a problem when using them when you solo. The Haku seems to have them targeted first before you. This becomes a problem since the bit is on top of your head and Haku flies off the ground to attack it and with him flying up you wouldn't be able to hit him with 3-ways without flying up yourself. Really takes a toll on your DPS when you have to take that extra second to fly up, then land back down, wait for the boost gauge to fill up again, and fly up again.

Suguri wrote:

-Shield form can actually be damaged with certain weapons that aren't direct melee attacks. Namely, any weapon that does blast damage will still deal damage to Haku as long as he's in the blast radius. I've been told that piercing shots like blasters do too, but I've yet to see it happen. Slash blades oddly cut straight through the shield uninhibited too.
-Also on shield form, most bots won't be hurt if they stand inside the shield. I think your Big Mountaiz LG actually did the opposite of its intended purpose here Razz
-On shadow clone form, Haku still wanders around the map invisibly at all times. Slash Blades (and probably squealer arms, I'd imagine) are useful for tracking and hitting him, since they have good range and won't get stopped by the first clone they hit like bullets and 3-ways will.
-On final, the third time he does the purple bullet/tornado spam is the one where he nukes. None of the others do that to my knowledge, before or after that.

And a question: What bit would you recommend for an air bot? They can use 3-way bits, but not dual 3-way. I'd imagine either Slayer Bit or Dual Pepen Bit?

Shield form does not get damaged by blasters of any type. Also blast damage? You're not implying to use bazookas on him right?

Yes, the Big Mountaiz LG does let you get hit by shield Haku but so does using low profile LGs like ace braver LGs. It's the Squealer AMs that let me get hit because it pushes me back a bit with each punch. I still find that a small price to pay for having weapons that kill Trap quickly and easily since he can get far more trouble some than shield Haku.

I'd use slayer bit on an air, because as far as I remember dual pepens don't have that much range? I can't remember. Wouldn't matter that much anyway though.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 pm

There is something i found out after do as ur guide: U can use squealer arm to punch the outside tower if u stand close to the corner. And a more effective way to deal first form is to 3 way him 1 hit, wait for him aim his spear to u and step to ur left/right and hit 1 more hit.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:23 pm

Squealer AM, Great sword, Kamui staff and Domiclown AM all have enough range to hit from beyond the barrier, technically anything longer than a sonic blade "can" hit through, but these 4 are the only ones that can hit significantly far enough to do enough support damage. These can also (not yet verified for great sword) hit the outside pillars if you are doing a solo.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Frau's Kick combo I think also goes through the barrier.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Jello wrote:

Forgot to add that I made the whole thing for people who are basically UC only and do not have access to RT.

I wouldn't bother using S-type bots as they die too fast and are not able to use squealer arms. Squealer are really are awesome against Haku, especially trap Haku. You can even ditch t he 3-ways and just use squealer arms if you wanted. It's just that 3-ways hit harder than squealer arms on final haku which is why I still equip them.
Ah, fair enough. Still, the point of the CSG and what to equip L-size bots with applies. Also, during one of the (many) solo runs I did today, I discovered Eight Vulcans are extremely helpful, and outdamage shotguns handily on final when Haku sits in the corner with the tornados protecting him.

I've actually been using two S-size bots for most of my runs, but I won't force the point since you're right, their part selection is a bit more limited. Still, I'm sure an Ace Braver with a shotgun and a 3-way could nearly keep up with a Squealer armed with a sword and an eight vulcan, melee damage hits Haku so hard that stats hardly matter as long as you can dodge consistently.

Didn't know that about the burst fire bit either, I'll keep that in mind.

Jello wrote:

Shield form does not get damaged by blasters of any type. Also blast damage? You're not implying to use bazookas on him right?
Not at all, just pointing it out.

Also, tested dual pepen bits, I'd definitely recommend it on airs, unless single 3-way bits manage to outdamage it. Their knockback is infinitely useful when soloing the shadow phase though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star   Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star Empty

Back to top Go down

Haku Solo Video Guide 3 star
Page 1 of 1