Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help with melee >_<:

Go down 
+17
piroton
Tuskin
ziix
nakee
RoboFranky
wereborg
knyx
Midona
Nisa
Suguri
zappa1
Z741
(´・ω・`)
TaeTae
xeon5
BNOISE
CapeMike
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 4:45 pm

CapeMike wrote:

Problem is, I've yet to get a Kamui/Haku staff(doesnt a certain gate order have something to do with it?), and I've actually got a Shino/Red Sq. fusion bot in my garage...it works, unless I overshoot the target and take forEVER to get turned around! :\
Drops are affected by score at the end of the quest. It doesn't guarantee that you'll get something nice, but you'll almost always get a rare drop from a boss if you get a good score.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Tip: Good time doesn always give u Kamui Staff

I have been in a party that was so good, we defeated Haku with bout 15 mins to spare. Trick was 2 ppl go after Haku while the others farm till the shadow Haku, 2 ppl go in and last guy comes in after nuke Haku.

We kept getting Chinese crowns -.-''
I remember getting a Kamui Staff with less than 1 min to spare
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:09 pm

So what determines score then? I've always wondered that about missions and quests....
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 7:27 pm

CapeMike wrote:
So what determines score then? I've always wondered that about missions and quests....
I believe it's almost completely based on completion time.

Funny thing is, I did one 3* haku solo after typing that and got kamui staff #12. :V
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 am

1st, let me thank Suguri for giving me the 1st honest laugh I've had in a few days(personal issues)...; I bumped into Sug by pure chance while playing today and after a brief conversation, we decided to smack around Haku on 3* a few times....

In Suguri's own words, we got robbed on rewards! Clearing it both times with plenty of time to spare with only minimal effort, neither of us got anything better than a Rainbow Chip(which is nothing to sneeze at, but...)!

Either way, it was a learning experience, and we'll be at it again sometime soon...maybe we can discover a pattern in the Haku drops...or a way to make me better at melee! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 1:50 am

Assemble a full Red Squealer and spam right click. I got first place a couple times doing that.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 pm

This is really getting depressing for me....

That Byne I've got on an alt account(and by now, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it is) has been utterly useless, despite it's immense armor. Sad

I'm literally terrified to right-click on the rare occasion I actually get -into- melee for fear of missing, and my own unfortunately over-developed sense of honor refuses to let me spam-click for melee! Crying or Very sad

My air skills are nearly as bad, but for now at least, I want to at least not be scared of getting close enough to something to melee it...; arcantus or the training arena isn't the same, you know.

Any bot/weapon involving spam-melee aside(and Red Squealer is still well beyond my skill), there has GOT to be a 'beginner mode' lnd/melee setup I can easily put together(read: no rt involved)....

I'm trying...I really AM...but going 5 matches in a row with ZERO melee damage with a Byne is immensely frustrating...help? confused
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 pm

CapeMike wrote:
This is really getting depressing for me....

That Byne I've got on an alt account(and by now, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who it is) has been utterly useless, despite it's immense armor. Sad

I'm literally terrified to right-click on the rare occasion I actually get -into- melee for fear of missing, and my own unfortunately over-developed sense of honor refuses to let me spam-click for melee! Crying or Very sad

My air skills are nearly as bad, but for now at least, I want to at least not be scared of getting close enough to something to melee it...; arcantus or the training arena isn't the same, you know.

Any bot/weapon involving spam-melee aside(and Red Squealer is still well beyond my skill), there has GOT to be a 'beginner mode' lnd/melee setup I can easily put together(read: no rt involved)....

I'm trying...I really AM...but going 5 matches in a row with ZERO melee damage with a Byne is immensely frustrating...help? confused

Try using melee in Team Matches with very few players, like 3-5 per team. You should practice by only fighting lone targets, so that you won't get gangraped.

You can also get used to getting in close quarters with enemy by using short ranged weapons like Vulcans and machineguns...then use melee when you're too close/out of ammo to push the enemy.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Melee tips:

Metal slayer sucks
Ouka, Ivis and Vanguard are easy modo (get any one of these and guaranteed top 5 regardless of skill)
Byne, Squealer, Baron are medium modo modo, you don't have victory on a plate, but you have options besides LEEROY JEEENKINS and spamming right mouse
ZS and ZSG are what I'd consider to be hard modo since sway+zero step+slash and sway back out is advanced techniques

I don't mention lagging lagkuns

And metal slayer sucks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:05 am

knyx wrote:
Melee tips:

Metal slayer sucks
Ouka, Ivis and Vanguard are easy modo (get any one of these and guaranteed top 5 regardless of skill)
Byne, Squealer, Baron are medium modo modo, you don't have victory on a plate, but you have options besides LEEROY JEEENKINS and spamming right mouse
ZS and ZSG are what I'd consider to be hard modo since sway+zero step+slash and sway back out is advanced techniques

And metal slayer sucks
You kinda forgot Hatigarm Machine.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:27 am

Cori wrote:
knyx wrote:
Melee tips:

Metal slayer sucks

And metal slayer sucks
You kinda forgot Hatigarm Machine.

Don't forget I've essentially ruled out anything relying on melee-spam, which immidiately takes out Ouka, Ivis, Vanguard, the Jikuns and Hatigarms...and they're all Rt-reliant anyway....

The one Jikun I got on my main account, I junked out of frustration(and long since sold it's parts), and the one and only time I used Ivis during beta, I landed a grand total of ONE swing...so yeah. Sad

Ironically, I may have more Metal Slayer kills than with any other melee weapon...*thinks*...I know I have a grand total of 10 melee kills since beta; 3 with a Metal Slayer(in 1 match, oddly), 3 via Red Squealer, and I can't account for the other 4 at the moment...hmm....

I may need to try something with a massive hitbox rather than speed, as my aim is highly suspect at short range...but I've yet to get a Haku sword despite repeated attempts. *shrug*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:29 am

Just get Kamui staff and sweep things but Vanguard in your way.
You really need it. Metal slayer is bad.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:07 am

Cori wrote:
QFT

oh and try to avoid vanguards.
Unless it's nisa,then come and get meh :3
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:21 am

Nisa wrote:
Cori wrote:
QFT

Well, if I could ever score one of those Haku/Kamui staffs from a run, I'd give it a try...no luck yet.... :\

...much as I like being a Support bot, it gets kinda dull after awhile...but I'm no good with anything else! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 1:40 am

Well scored another melee kill today...ironically, it was against a Vanguard with my Shino/Red Squealer hybrid...the Vanguard came barelling around a corner, and jumped me...; I panicked and began to back away, intending to fire my 8-Vulcan, but right clicked instead without even meaning to...the Red Sq. paunch swatted him aside and the followup punch finished him off! O_o

I think it sorta ticked the guy off, as he came after me with a vengance using an air a short time later.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:07 am

Maybe you should start a new setup with a small/medium size robot (like Accel Saber, for example) and put some wlk or boost run and try different melee setups and being able to run away in case things turn ugly. You can tune wlk on spare UC parts without being afraid of lose them in case of failure. You could also try bazookas/grenades instead of machine guns to see if these weapons help you against air bots or when you could use a burning effect on them, and different types of melee weapons.

Lnd is pretty much about speed and endurance, so try to stay alive while you are in the middle of the fights.

Last edited by Tuskin on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
piroton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
piroton

Male Posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 6:00 am

CapeMike wrote:
Well scored another melee kill today...ironically, it was against a Vanguard with my Shino/Red Squealer hybrid...the Vanguard came barelling around a corner, and jumped me...; I panicked and began to back away, intending to fire my 8-Vulcan, but right clicked instead without even meaning to...the Red Sq. paunch swatted him aside and the followup punch finished him off! O_o

I think it sorta ticked the guy off, as he came after me with a vengance using an air a short time later.... affraid

CapeMike, I think I have your problem.

Build exactly this. An Accelsaber, lv 5 with (blast guard +4 capa) or (blast + melee guard + 3capa), with 2 Squealer AMs.

The heads just get whatever STR and TGH increasing HDs you can get.

The LG is preferably Snailbot.

This should essentially make a very, very tanky killer punching robot. Equip with shields for maximum effect.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 8:44 am

Nisa wrote:
Cori wrote:
QFT

lol what?
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 am

CapeMike wrote:

I think that was me,Was that air using pulse missles/garula ams?

I try to avoid shielded units sometimes (even if I break their shields in 1 hit)
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 pm

Nisa wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

I think that was me,Was that air using pulse missles/garula ams?

I try to avoid shielded units sometimes (even if I break their shields in 1 hit)

I was still in the general area, and I'm pretty sure I remember a volley of pulse missles smacking me followed by SOME kinda of bullet-projectile fire; guess it -was- you, heh...melee just isn't my thing...but something keeps me trying.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Dizzyku
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 145

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Nisa wrote:
Cori wrote:
QFT

Embarassed I got Nisa last night Embarassed .... wasn't much of a guard for a vanguard.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 1:41 am

For anyone still interested in my adventures in trying to learn melee....

Had a pretty wild Epoch match today vs BRD...those 3-PS maps are always chaotic at best...while we won a close one, I was just happy to've done reletively well, AND scored a melee kill almost directly under a PS!

The 3-slot Peacemaker rifle I got from the UC Gara #2 works surprisingly well with the Shino/Squealer hybrid I use, and under Burst-Fire, it can really do some damage in a hurry, as some large art found out the hard way when he jumped up onto a ledge, not noticing me nearby...guess he was after the PS and I'm certain I ripped off a fair portion of his HP before the Peacemaker fire pushed him back off. Exclamation

Yeah, it's not much, but for me...baby-steps are just as good.... sunny

Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 Epochm10

Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:18 am

CapeMike wrote:

Had a pretty wild Epoch match today vs BRD...those 3-PS maps are always chaotic at best...while we won a close one, I was just happy to've done reletively well, AND scored a melee kill almost directly under a PS!

The 3-slot Peacemaker rifle I got from the UC Gara #2 works surprisingly well with the Shino/Squealer hybrid I use, and under Burst-Fire, it can really do some damage in a hurry, as some large art found out the hard way when he jumped up onto a ledge, not noticing me nearby...guess he was after the PS and I'm certain I ripped off a fair portion of his HP before the Peacemaker fire pushed him back off. :!:

It ain't a rifle, it's an accel gun!
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 2:41 am

Hyoka wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

The 3-slot Peacemaker rifle I got from the UC Gara #2 works surprisingly well with the Shino/Squealer hybrid I use, and under Burst-Fire, it can really do some damage in a hurry, as some large art found out the hard way when he jumped up onto a ledge, not noticing me nearby...guess he was after the PS and I'm certain I ripped off a fair portion of his HP before the Peacemaker fire pushed him back off. Exclamation

Either way, I'm not complaining! Very Happy

Once I can afford it(and the risks of failing), I'm gonna cosmos that rifle for more ammo, range and fire-speed...or I could just go all 3 slots with range and turn it into an accel-sniper...hmm....
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 30, 2011 3:10 am

CapeMike wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

Either way, I'm not complaining! Very Happy

Once I can afford it(and the risks of failing), I'm gonna cosmos that rifle for more ammo, range and fire-speed...or I could just go all 3 slots with range and turn it into an accel-sniper...hmm....

Accelgun Rifle? Damn son...but don't sacrifice speed for it, since that's the whole point of an accelgun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help with melee >_<:   Need help with melee  >_<: - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help with melee >_<:
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next