Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Winberrl tips

Go down 
+14
Z741
FreedomFighter
leon27607
Wolf Hikari
BB
Courius
Ichijo
Provis
Feign
Abolla
Hyoka
frappn
necrio
Skyswimsky
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

Winberrl tips - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:04 pm

Courius wrote:
Provis wrote:
Feign wrote:
Ichijo wrote:
INT is not firing rate. Don't believe these lies.
Excuse me? It certainly corresponds to the rate of fire of the weapons I've tested. If it's not the firing interval, then what the hell is it?

I'll trust the person who can give me the most plausible answer. If you want to correct Feign then provide an explanation as to what INT exactly is.

interval or INT are firing rate... but you cant rely only to this stats when choosing a weapon, due sometimes slow weapon might moer scary in raw power, ammo, range, multi shoot or might even posses special ability (example for this are the real Draw Gun or Gravity Gun)... all returned how you use it...
Okay, I think you and I had a little bit of a translation misunderstanding... I understand that firing rate does not equal killing rate. (personally, I prefer Rifles, Breakers and Beam Rifles specifically for their low firing rate and high damage per hit as it cuts through high Toughness more efficiently.)

I do wish they would be better about actually telling us in-game when a weapon has a special effect and if s, accurately tell us what it is. (I remember in the early betas the confusion over exactly what an Acid Laser does, as the effect is subtle, to say the least.)
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Winberrl user should shout out when he/she bind someone silent
Back to top Go down
leon27607
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:45 pm

What catridges do you guys get on your winberrl?
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 am

FreedomFighter wrote:
Winberrl user should shout out when he/she bind someone silent

nah... no need... it easy to spot a winbberrl cast their bind... and careful due of she standing still while cast it, she being easy target at that moment...
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
leon27607
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 3:16 pm

still waiting for a cartridge suggestion/build =/
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 4:31 pm

leon27607 wrote:
Raise Cost Capacity for increased HP [and if you're like me, higher-end weapons. Drum Machinegun, muhahahahah]
Tough Wonder Bit, keeps your Bit alive longer.
Wonder Rate Up if you plan on being semi-offensive and taking potshots at enemy berserkers now and then.
Absorb Bump *could* be useful if a bunch of large ARTs respond to your healing, but it's not a high priority.

Everything else is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Zorian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 2:50 pm

Z741 wrote:
leon27607 wrote:
Raise Cost Capacity for increased HP [and if you're like me, higher-end weapons. Drum Machinegun, muhahahahah]
Tough Wonder Bit, keeps your Bit alive longer.
Wonder Rate Up if you plan on being semi-offensive and taking potshots at enemy berserkers now and then.
Absorb Bump *could* be useful if a bunch of large ARTs respond to your healing, but it's not a high priority.

Everything else is up to you.

When you say keeps the bit alive longer does that mean it takes more damage or last longer? For the tough wonder bit.

I'm making my winberrl's to be offensive with the healing bit. Right now I'm running mini bazooka with the healing bit. I'm wondering what you pro winberrl's users recommend to tech up. I want to be offensive but with healing as well. Also anyone else hate how little ammo you have for the arm pull-in?

Wondering if there are any better weapons then mini zooks for her as well as tech up advice mainly. I've also put blast and sword guard on them since it seems the be the main source of damages I take hopefully that was a good choice.

Any more advice would be appreciated thanks as I love playing this bot.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 7:49 pm

how if you try be "Snake" Winberrl? install stealth system and wear cloaking wonderbit... confirmed if the cloaking wonderbit holder is vanishes, the WB also gone invisible, only your position still marked on maps without stealth sytem.

at 2nd beta, i frag lot of Melle bot by combine this method with bugsy boom tonfa smash... maybe if you feelin brave, you can try sneak behind your enemy and BIND EM ALL
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:12 am

Courius wrote:
how if you try be "Snake" Winberrl? install stealth system and wear cloaking wonderbit... confirmed if the cloaking wonderbit holder is vanishes, the WB also gone invisible, only your position still marked on maps without stealth sytem.

at 2nd beta, i frag lot of Melle bot by combine this method with bugsy boom tonfa smash... maybe if you feelin brave, you can try sneak behind your enemy and BIND EM ALL
sounds... interesting

is Winberrl flat enough? if yes I'll make a solid snake skin for her, just for the shits and giggles
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:18 am

necrio wrote:
Courius wrote:

sounds... interesting

is Winberrl flat enough? if yes I'll make a solid snake skin for her, just for the shits and giggles

idk... but im feelin if she really heard you, she goin squeeze you to death with her thornbind torture (5-10 dmg till you dead)...

but well... fact she's flat-chested already damn famous, yea... even our infamous gothic lolita still have some curve at her body

also if im not wrong there's a 4-koma comic about her feelin envious seeing other girl bots body and in the end she turn her look to jikun hu with happy face (and as a male bots jikun hu doesnt have boobs, yea, im sure you know what she happy at)
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:49 am

Zorian wrote:
When you say keeps the bit alive longer does that mean it takes more damage or last longer? For the tough wonder bit.

I'm making my winberrl's to be offensive with the healing bit. Right now I'm running mini bazooka with the healing bit. I'm wondering what you pro winberrl's users recommend to tech up. I want to be offensive but with healing as well. Also anyone else hate how little ammo you have for the arm pull-in?

Wondering if there are any better weapons then mini zooks for her as well as tech up advice mainly. I've also put blast and sword guard on them since it seems the be the main source of damages I take hopefully that was a good choice.

Sorry about the confusion. I meant takes more damage. Only ways for the bit to last longer would be having STR and TEC equal [as you probably already know], and using the full-size Repair Bit instead of the Mini one. =(

My Winberrl currently has a Rifle and a Drum Machinegun equipped. Rifle gives crazy range and spots enemies, and the machinegun does double duty by killing cacti/snowmen/totems/whatever quickly and dealing a chunk of damage to whatever's being pulled. Of course you can use whichever weapon you like within cost and size constraints, too.
Back to top Go down
Zorian
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Z741 wrote:
Zorian wrote:

Sorry about the confusion. I meant takes more damage. Only ways for the bit to last longer would be having STR and TEC equal [as you probably already know], and using the full-size Repair Bit instead of the Mini one. =(

My Winberrl currently has a Rifle and a Drum Machinegun equipped. Rifle gives crazy range and spots enemies, and the machinegun does double duty by killing cacti/snowmen/totems/whatever quickly and dealing a chunk of damage to whatever's being pulled. Of course you can use whichever weapon you like within cost and size constraints, too.

Ya I figured so that bit is kinda useless. Drum Machinegun sounds interesting I might look into using that. I was almost thinking using a beam/plasma type weapon might be good for when you're pulling ground units. I like the mini zooks but the range isn't all that great. Of course pull range isn't very large either.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:24 am

draw gun range seem almost equal to beam rifle range.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Winberrl is my favorite out of my bots, and she's usually almost always my starting commando for my usual team:

Winberrl (SUP)
Pulsardio (SUP)
Theorla Nimbus (AIR)

My Winberrl, at the moment is only level 9, she'd probably be level 10 by now, had I not waste so much time on the 1st Winberrl they gave me. I never knew the RT one was much better until I've already invested so much time on her. So while I did have to train a new Winberrl again, I had fun at least. I do have the other Winberrl also, Winberrl Vesca. I don't know what to think of this one to be honest. She's got better cartridges, mainly just due to a few cartridges. However, the change on her thorn bind, I totally dislike.

For those that does not know what it is, She shoots thorn vines in front of her for a decent amount of range, in a spiraling pattern. However, the original Winberrl's thorn bind I find to be much more useful. Having that large field of thorns around you, to be much more useful.

If you do plan to use Vesca, you'll be mainly getting some of her one or two cartridges. But really, Winberrl is so tight on capacity that having to squeeze those in could be a problem. You can have room for one or two though. Should you decide to abandon Stealth system. But his cartridge helps us make it to our allies safely, as well as be able to sneak past people, or get the jump on someone that's unaware of your presence.

But Vesca indeed has a few extra good catridges, however, the changes made to her vines, I just totally dislike.
So, I'll stick with the original Winberrl. Winberrl Ellen though, I have no experience with. As 1 I've never seen her on action, and 2, I don't own the bot at all. But from someone else's description. She just makes a wall of vines, that can perhaps be nice to seal off some tunnels.

However, really, with Ouka being released, as well as Jinkun's quite so common at causing a disturbance at the base. Our role with Winberrl is in greater demand to be honest. With Jinkun and Ouka now on the opposing side, our artillery allies needs some good back up. This is where the original's thorn plays a much more vital role.

But anyways, I don't want to ramble on. As my post is already getting lengthy. Should you want to discuss thing or just talk to a fellow who's maining Winberrl as well. Feel free to send me mail in game, not PM but mail, since PMs can be easily missed. My in game name is Narcomoeba. 1 more level before I reach lvl 10, can't wait, I'll start to get some real fun then.

Current catridges equipped:

Increase Robot capacity (5)
Blast Guard
Sword Guard
Beam Guard
Stealth System
Sniper Sight (getting this soon)

As far as weapon goes, I am using a Bazooka type weapon on the main, and a melee weapon as my sub.
Anyways, take care, and best wishes to you all and future Winberrl users.
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:28 am

just wondering what would be best to tune a winberrl fly or wlk?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 3:23 pm

ARTs have hte high ground? Pull them down to an even playing field.

ARTs and LNDs hopping islands on temple site? Draw them to a white death with her drawguns!

Don't go support, go troll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winberrl tips   Winberrl tips - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Winberrl tips
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2